Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333102 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #14925 on: March 20, 2011, 10:52:11 PM »
At the same time that the warning was displayed on the Skimmer's holoscreen, Salem's device beeped. He pulled it out and checked the display. Its readout showed that it had encountered an "incomplete information" error, or something along those lines. It wasn't entirely clear.

He sighed. Either his routine wasn't working like it should, or this was some kind of failsafe in the system that he'd overlooked. He could set up his device to find whatever the computer was looking for, and then he could incorporate that information into the search algorithm. If he continued to run into such issues, however, this could take far longer than anticipated. Still, the only thing standing between him and his information was time.

He sighed and pulled his communicator from his pocket. After explaining his situation to Al, he asked, "So, can you either set up the ship's computer to help me out, or help me out yourself? Setting up each function by hand could take me hours. I don't think I'll have hours."

"Isn't that theft?" Al asked.

"Yep," Salem responded with a smirk. He could already see where Al was going with this.

"And you want me to help you out with your blatant theft of information from people you hope to make allies with?"

"Well, it won't be blatant if no record of the intrusion is recorded on the computer," Salem laughed. From the look of things, though, he thought, frowning at the warning on the holoscreen I'll have a bit of housecleaning to do when I'm done here.

"Oh, that's fine then. That makes everything alright," came Al's sarcastic response.

Salem rolled his eyes, "You gonna help me or not?"

"Computer's already programmed. You're on your way."

Salem grinned and watched as his device cranked back to life. If Al had done his job right, the device would automatically detect all information requested by the system, and incorporate each new search into his overall code breaking routine. As long as he had enough time, it should eventually break down the entire system. He silently cursed the lack of proper interface speed between his technology and Yeerk technology. If he ran out of time, it wouldn't be the first time he'd failed to hack a Yeerk spacecraft.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 12:22:21 PM by Alukitator »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14926 on: March 20, 2011, 11:04:09 PM »
Illim is glad to slow to a walk beside her. He puts a hand on his side, compressing the stitch that had developed. "I'm Illim," he answers. "And hey, it's alright... so long as Serid and I get out of this in one piece."

His speech is beginning to regulate with his breath, so he adds, "Sounds like you've got an interesting story. Maybe you can tell me when we're safe and secure in our new home. You know... assuming I pass."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #14927 on: March 20, 2011, 11:14:04 PM »
Mike grumbles internally about the state of his side.

<<You know,>> he says conversationally, <<if you'd bother to look, you'd see that I do exercise.  On occasion.  Maybe.  And I never take seconds when someone's nicked dessert from someplace planetside.>>

Corliss approaches the Skimmer slowly, Dracon ready. 

"Okay," he whispers aloud to Serid.  "Let's just stay calm, and we'll get through this."

Carefully stepping sideways up the Skimmer's metal ramp, letting the rubber of his boots press soundlessly against the corrugated surface, he catches a glimpse of the person standing at the navigational controls.

His eyes widen in recognition, but he keeps the Dracon trained on the young man.

"I'd step away from there, hands up, if I were you," Corliss says tersely.  "Slowly, now."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #14928 on: March 20, 2011, 11:27:03 PM »
There is a loud squishing sound as Iosse begins to move. He slowly drifts back into consciousness. He wasn't really asleep... Taxxons as a whole don't really sleep. He came back to an state of awareness as he notices the ship he's on has lifted off. He is not quite yet recovered from his subconscious rest enough to react quickly, so he remains still. Which turns out to be just fine as the ship landed just a moment after. After a moment, Iosse exits the storeroom and heads for the bridge.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #14929 on: March 20, 2011, 11:41:53 PM »
At the voice from behind him, Salem slumped slightly. That hadn't taken as long as he'd expected. His hand still in his pocket, he switched off his interface device- hacking wouldn't be a good idea with others around- and slowly raised his hands over his head, muttering "Yeah, yeah, I've been held at gunpoint before."

His hands over his head, he turned around with a grin, expecting to see Corliss standing there in Mike's body. At the sight of Serid, however, his grin quickly changed to a slightly confused smirk.

"Who the heck are you?" he asked.

Salem's Story

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #14930 on: March 20, 2011, 11:57:11 PM »
Corliss steps up into the cabin, Dracon trained on Salem's chest. 

"Who do you reckon it is?" he replies scathingly.  "I can switch my face around, you know.  It's Corliss, this is my ship, and I've just received an attempted hacking report.  Now, would you care to explain what you're doing in here, or shall I shoot first and ask later?"

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #14931 on: March 21, 2011, 01:49:06 AM »
Salem's face quickly changed to one of surprise, then confusion. Once he got past the shock of this new face now being Corliss's, he wondered how he'd missed whatever security protocol had informed him of the hacking. He probably should have been a bit more cautious digging into the system. After a few seconds, he shrugged as well as he could with his hands in the air. His grin quickly returned.

"Corliss. Hey. Sorry about that. I needed to talk to you. You weren't here, so I thought I might as well try to use the ship to contact you. It started giving me all kinds of alarms in gobbledegook language. I was trying to shut them off." Through his whole little monologue, he looked entirely confident, his voice never wavering, in spite of the weapon currently trained on his chest. He nodded towards the Dracon, still smiling, as if he was enjoying this experience, "You have time to chat now, or should I leave you a frequency and you can contact me when you're less about-to-shoot-me?"

Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14932 on: March 21, 2011, 05:53:46 AM »
<Yeah, I know,> Terenia says, grinning at Mike's grumbling, an expression that easily could be mistaken as meant for Illim. <You just aren't quite an Andalite in the running department, is all.>

To Illim, she speaks slowly as she approaches the ramp of the ship. "It is not a story I enjoy sharing, although I am certain you will hear of it soon enough." This time her grin is meant for him, and it carries a trace of bitterness not present when she is speaking to Mike or Corliss. "People tend to talk when it's about the local crazy girl."

She comes to a stop at the base of the ramp, glancing upwards. She is about to board when something of Illim's catches her eye. A Dracon Beam that she recognizes immediately as Mike's.

<Shoot, I dropped that, didn't I?> she mutters.

"So, Illim," she says as casually as she can. "Mind giving me my hosts weapon back? You may have noticed things get a little crazy around here sometimes. It's comforting to be armed."

Efaen shrugs her narrow shoulders, a human gesture that she has inherited from Terenia.

<As I said, I do not pretend to comprehend the Visser's motives. Based on their prior interactions I would gather that his association with her has no true political motive, but rather is a form of recreation. He gains pleasure from her suffering and her tendency to bring it upon herself and he enjoys allowing her small freedoms and subsequently snatching them away,> she hesitates, loathe to use a human idiom, but finding it best suited for the situation. <I believe the humans refer to such an interaction as 'a game of cat and mouse'.>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14933 on: March 21, 2011, 07:27:40 AM »
<<The arragant fool,>> Serid snorts in derision. <<To be so calm, though, he must have a backup--hopefully just not one of the exploding variety.>> The nothlit's tone never changes, so it is impossible to tell whether or not he is attempting to make a joke.

Illim glances down at his Dracon. "Just as soon as I get mine back from Corliss, sure. It's a big freaking game of musical bodies right now." He stops beside her, and is about to respond to her comments about her past when he sees the dimly illuminated form of the intruder inside the fighter and falls silent. The very Dracon they had been discussing momentarily appears in his hand.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 12:38:44 PM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #14934 on: March 21, 2011, 08:11:25 AM »
"Speaking of being bored," Fiona says. "Where the hell have you been? I've been here for hours. What kind of crappy tracking device did you use, anyway?"

"I was delayed," Carris mutters, looking uncomfortable. He turns back to Amy. "This seems like a weird place to drop someone off."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #14935 on: March 21, 2011, 12:24:16 PM »
<<Yes, you did drop it,>> Mike sighs, impatient.  <<Will you look back at the cabin, already?  He's aiming a bloody gun at someone!>>

Corliss watches Salem through narrowed eyes, trying to figure if he would really be so foolish as to feign innocence. 

<<He's quite a good liar,>> he comments to Serid.  <<I'll give him that.>>

"See," Corliss says briskly, "there's a problem with your little tale.  My comm link alerted me specifically to a breach in my ship's security system.  As in, the character-based password was cracked.  That sort of thing doesn't just happen by accident.  So tell me, Salem, who sent you here to attempt to access a rebellion computer system?  And don't lie, this time.  It becomes awfully tedious."

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #14936 on: March 21, 2011, 12:37:31 PM »
Okaru silently walked to the door of the bar, stepping out and into the fresh air was like nothing else.

Okaru had always been the type to love the outdoors more then anything else.

Walking off in a random direction, he pushed his brain through a mental checklist.

One, the beings name is Ossanlin. Two, it is an Andalite. Three, the amount of money was godlike.

With a soft, schink, Okaru drew his blade from its sheath.

Tapping into his unbelievable speed, he ran straight up a tree. Once at the top, he began bouncing frop treetop to treetop.
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

TheStormFollows

« Reply #14937 on: March 21, 2011, 02:11:16 PM »
Mandy walked in the door, nerves tense as wire. She had been on her own for 10 days, running from the only home she knew. The space bar offered a place to stop on the journey, and maybe find something to do. She sat at the bar and ordered something to drink.

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #14938 on: March 21, 2011, 02:56:32 PM »
A new person walked in the bar. Criio walked up to them, "Heltho newcomer. How ar thou? I jutht goth here mahthelv."
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

TheStormFollows

« Reply #14939 on: March 21, 2011, 03:12:36 PM »
"Oh, hi." Mandy said. She tried to keep a low profile wherever she went, and people in general made her uneasy. However, she said: "I'm ok, things have been crazy in my life lately, but I suppose that happens to other people too. How about you?"