Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333118 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #14850 on: March 18, 2011, 07:02:10 PM »
"You mean change? Sorry, I already spent what I have on my person. Just put it on a tab until you can get the money." Temrash said as he looked the alien up and down. He didn't recognize the species.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #14851 on: March 18, 2011, 07:10:38 PM »
((I always end up interupting your conversations don't I? Lol))

The person looked at me funny, "Venber. You were vondering fhut species I vas righth?"
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14852 on: March 18, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »
"You're a Venber. I've heard about your kind, but I didn't know any more of you existed. I am Temrash, by the way. What brings you to such a warm place?" Temrash asked.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14853 on: March 18, 2011, 07:26:42 PM »
"Oh, I haff a evo-thuit on. Ith's jutht made wittthh a ramonthite alloy, so I can order ith opathque or tranthpare't ven I vant. Ath for my buthineth, I am here lookinth for a renegade, i think."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14854 on: March 18, 2011, 07:30:46 PM »
"Good luck in your mission. Rebels come and go from this place, so who knows? Right now I have my own mission, but it won't be easy. Maybe hopeless, but maybe not."

Ani-Master 2014!

Aldrea2011

« Reply #14855 on: March 18, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »
Danielle left while nobody was looking, seemingly vanishing into the air. She went back to her ship and kept at tracking down Ryde.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #14856 on: March 18, 2011, 09:04:33 PM »
Salem frowned and looked at Trey, "Do all Yeerks reproduce as the species they take over? No, I suppose the Yeerk race would die out if that were the case." He shook his head, "I'm afraid I don't get it."

He turned to Elayne and nodded, "Yeah, I've noticed the odd nature of space and time at this bar. It's one of its most charming qualities," he said with a smirk.

When Temrash walked up with his request, Salem looked at him in surprise. While it was true that he and Temrash no longer seemed to be at each other's throats, he hadn't expected him to want to work together any time soon. Salem watched and listened to the conversation between Temrash and the Venber. Venber, he thought, that sounds familiar. He couldn't place where he'd heard the name, however. When the Venber mentioned that it was here looking for a renegade, Salem's hand subconsciously moved towards his weapon. So many hunters here... even if they weren't after him specifically, how long would it be until one of them realized how much he was worth?

He looked up at Temrash, "Hypothetically speaking, I don't tend to deal in hard currency. Whatever you Yeerks use for money isn't likely to do me much good. Hypothetically speaking, normally, I'd ask for an offer in technology or information, and then decide whether it seemed like fair payment once I knew the details of the request. However," he said with a smile, "you did save my life earlier, so I might be willing to take on any hypothetical job you have for me for considerably less, as both a personal thank you and a professional symbol of good faith towards future trades."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14857 on: March 18, 2011, 09:15:54 PM »
"Information. Well, I can give you some information about Yeerk technology that isn't just stolen from other species. We do come up with our own stuff every once in a while. As long as the Andalites don't get their hands on it, that might be ok. What I need is a way to contact the rebellion without needing to get permission from Corliss, or do it through the Skimmer. The ramp is down on that thing, and my recent attempts to get inside have failed. I was wondering if you could extract something that I can't. I don't know how much time you have left to try, but if you can do it without Corliss seeing, I would appreciate it. I know it surprises you, seeing me come in here, but I haven't seemed to make an enemy of you and figured I'd give it a shot."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14858 on: March 18, 2011, 09:34:38 PM »
I looked into the communicator and activated it, "Heltho? I vill help thou."

radgeek

« Reply #14859 on: March 18, 2011, 09:40:33 PM »
Amy and Taylis were confused.  Did Adam love Fiona before this whole mess started?  She was starting to question that.  "I just find the way the Yeerks pick host interesting," Taylis said.  "I was picked to be a host because of my political power.  So why were you trying to peek the interest of this girl?"

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #14860 on: March 18, 2011, 10:10:11 PM »
"I wasn't. Adam had remarkably bad taste in women at age fifteen." Carris takes a sip of his drink. "Granted, she was trying to con him into voluntarily letting me into his head. So, you know, she was a lot nicer to him than she'd generally be."

<Hey, I wouldn't judge my love life, considering where yours has gotten us.>

"That whole 'piquing her interest' thing ended pretty quickly after that."

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #14861 on: March 18, 2011, 10:11:41 PM »
Salem quickly looked around to see who was listening, then, with a quick "excuse me" to Elayne and Trey, stood up and motioned for Temrash and the Venber to follow him into a quieter corner of the bar. Once there, he turned to Temrash, his face stoic.

"That's a pretty complicated request for me, politically, Temrash. I hope to open trade with the rebellion. If Corliss finds out I've been tampering with his stuff, a... fruitful relationship would be harder to come by. I don't think he likes me as it is." He nodded, "For you, I'll chance it, but you'd better have something to make it worth my while if I succeed." He licked his lips, "You want me to try to get it off of his computer now, I take it? If I monitored his communications long enough, I might be able to mimic his encoding, or trace his communications point, but that could take days or weeks to get right."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14862 on: March 18, 2011, 10:20:16 PM »
Temrash followed Salem, and lowered his voice. "Whatever you can do that would allow me to contact the rebellion would be useful, even if it does take a little while. As for payment...I suppose I can give you a schematic of an anti morphing ray the scientists have been developing. It's supposed to be able to force any Andalite to demorph once it hits them. It also incapacitates them, as it's meant to be painful. Would that be useful enough? If you make one for yourself, you wouldn't have to worry about any morphed spies getting in places you don't want."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14863 on: March 18, 2011, 10:44:05 PM »
Illim laughs outright. "Yeah, I imagine not," he agrees. "I do appreciate you helping me, even if we've had a little unintended peripheral excitement. Myitt seemed awfully dubious when I told her I'd landed a new host so quickly. I don't think she's charmed by me yet," he grins.

Serid snorts. <I highly doubt that,> he tells Corliss. <It was amusing, though, I suppose, to watch you leaf through my memories... the typical Yeerk amazement at the simple sensation of having four legs or eyes.>

Elayne closes her mouth before she says more about why the space-time paradox is relevant, waving Salem's pardon off with a smile. "Just us again, I guess," she sighs, looking at Trey. She grins. "How are you liking that drink?"
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #14864 on: March 18, 2011, 10:50:33 PM »
It's Corliss' turn to laugh.  "Myitt isn't easily charmed by anyone really," he says with a smile.  "Don't feel too badly."  He glances over at Terenia and Ossanlin, starting to head in their direction again.  "Ah, I'd much rather laugh than fight.  I don't understand what Temrash thinks he's going to accomplish, antagonizing the girl.  He certainly won't gain anything antagonizing me."

<<You'll have to forgive me,>> Corliss says, sounding genuinely embarrassed.  <<It's just been so long since I've experienced anything so utterly new in a host's thoughts and memories.  Don't worry, I don't think I'll find myself addicted.>>

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash