Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333426 times)

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #14385 on: February 27, 2011, 10:22:17 AM »
Illim smirks and replies, "You're broaching a touchy subject, but suffice it to say there are very few satisfactory hosts on our homeworld, and it was only after we gained the ability of spaceflight that this invasion, as you put it, began in earnest."

He stuffs his hands into his pockets. "As for me, I'm not starting anything. There's a group out there already working towards my cause. I just can't get in as I am now. It's a long story," he adds in an attempt to signal he doesn't want to discuss it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:01:22 AM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14386 on: February 27, 2011, 10:58:04 AM »
"So what kind of interesting worlds are out there?" He asked, changing the subject. "Have you been to many different planets?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #14387 on: February 27, 2011, 04:51:07 PM »
Salem nodded at Vlad's comment and brought the bike to a stop. He stepped off and turned to Vlad with a shrug.

"I know one way to find out," he said.

He walked quickly right up to the unopened hatch of the ship and pounded loudly on the hull three times.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #14388 on: February 27, 2011, 05:02:13 PM »
Vlad couldnt help but laugh as he followed Salem, his hands clasped behind his neck.

''Salem...something is comi-'' He got out before a Dracon Beam hit him square in his chest whipping him backwards through a couple of trees to land in a bloody mess.
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14389 on: February 27, 2011, 05:21:55 PM »
"Nope, just two, and one of them only briefly. I've spent most of my life on my people's ships and on Earth. I spent a bit of time on a particularly boring assignment on the Yeerk homeworld," Illim told Derrel. "Earth's the nicest by far of the three, although the homeworld has a certain quaint appeal to it that, admittedly, probably only a Yeerk would see."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Nero's Fury

• Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #14390 on: February 27, 2011, 05:22:11 PM »
((The beam came from the ship))
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14391 on: February 27, 2011, 05:32:44 PM »
"I don't hear that guy shouting anymore." Derrel said as he opened the backdoor to check. "It might be safe to go back in, if you want to."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #14392 on: February 27, 2011, 05:55:30 PM »
Ossanlin takes the glass from the BT and sets it on the floor, dipping a hoof in.  The 100% pure alcohol fermented from denlak grass raced up his leg and into his body, burning the whole way.  Ossanlin stiffens at the sensation, his tail arching high.  The drink was used only for medicinal purposes on the Homeworld and required a special permit to acquire...but here, the BT was always happy to comply.

Ossanlin closes all four eyes for a few moments as the burning sensation recedes.  He sighs, the tumbler now empty.  The BT scrawls a little note on his pad "Another?"

Ossanlin shakes his head and removes his hoof from the empty tumbler, kicking it off to the side a bit.  He glances around the bar again, seeing some newer human faces.  He wonders if any of them are Imperials...but it really doesn't matter here.  Everyone came for a drink and relaxation with just a few exceptions.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14393 on: February 27, 2011, 07:05:32 PM »
Terenia doesn't know how to respond to Corliss' sudden show of emotion. She is torn somewhere between touched, furious and terrified, and has no idea which sentiment is more powerful.

<I think you should leave me alone now,> she finally manages to say in a strained voice. <Please.>

Efaen begins to trail Ossanlin's path to the bar, moving much slower. She takes time to enjoy the ability to move on her own accord, with the knowledge that this is permanent.

This requires the tying of a few loose ends, she realizes, changing course. Instead of heading into the bar she weaves through the shipyard until she comes to the Bug Fighter she and Terenia had arrived on days ago.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #14394 on: February 27, 2011, 07:20:58 PM »
Corliss glances at the pool, nodding uselessly.  "All right.  I'll...just leave the communications array on." 

He starts for the door to the cabin and pauses, touching the door frame. 

"I'm sorry if I've upset you," he says, and he walks out.  Past the navigational controls, out down the ramp into the cool night air. 

He sits on the ramp with a heavy sigh.

"What am I doing?" he murmurs, looking up at the trees.

<You're confused, mate,> Mike supplies.  <It happens with girls.  I reckon I'm not exactly helping.>

"It's not just that," Corliss says, sifting through the events of the last hour or so.  "I...I don't even know what love is, not really.  How can I feel so strongly about this human?  A human who is a Yeerk mistreated by Andalites.  She barely knows who she is.  How can I know what part of her I care for?"

Mike scoffs.  <You know what love is, just because it's alien doesn't mean you can't feel it.  That's why you and I get on so well.  You've got empathy, and I never thought you blokes could have that.>

Corliss buries his face in his hands, groaning.  "I can't go back in there," he says, muffled.  "I should just forget about this whole bloody thing and go home."

<But you won't.>

"Probably not," the Yeerk sighs.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Nero's Fury

• Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #14395 on: February 27, 2011, 07:25:25 PM »
Slowly staggering to his feet, Vlad grit his teeth against the excrutiating pain.

I need blood to be able to fully heal, he thought to himself as he already felt most of the wounds slowly healing.

In ten minutes i will be ready...but i dont have time for that! he thought to himself as he turned and increasingly more painful began limping into the trees further, looking for a source of blood.

A deer! Ignoring the pain Vlad lept onto the buck and sank his teeth into its neck.

Draining the body entirely, Vlad stood and cracked his neck.

''Much better. Full power, and my body will be healed faster..'' He murmured, and invisioned his shadow form and morphed the swirling mass of shadow matter into a bird form, where he flew back to the ship as fast as possible.

Hitting the ship so hard as to leave a dent, he allowed himself to split and reconverge on the opposite side where he began flying around to attack again.

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #14396 on: February 27, 2011, 08:29:43 PM »
Salem had laughed and turned to say something to Vlad when a Dracon beam from behind him struck Vlad in the chest. Salem instinctively dropped to the ground- just in time, it seemed. A second shot fired where his head had just been, singeing the top of his hat as he moved. From his crouch, he dove behind the log that the ship was sitting on. Another shot singed his leg as he rolled- Salem yelped in pain. He could smell the burned flesh.

From his position behind the log, Salem drew the pistol from his holster. The three scythe-like blades that had been lying along the back of the weapon snapped into position, evenly spaced around the barrel. He fired a shot straight up into the air- there was no visible beam or projectile, but the weapon caused a resounding boom not unlike thunder, that shook the air and the ship and the very ground around him. He hoped the sound would make whoever was shooting at him think twice.

Ignoring the pain in his leg, Salem propped himself up on top of the log, aiming his gun at the ship's hatch. He glanced sideways, looking for Vlad, but didn't see him. He was trying to figure out what to do when something slammed into the ship and seemed to flow around it. Salem jumped at the sudden noise, then ducked behind the log again. He had no idea if this "thing" was friendly or not, but if it was hostile Salem was ready for a fight.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14397 on: February 27, 2011, 08:31:32 PM »
"Yeah, sure," Illim nods and pushes open the back door to enter the Bar again. After passing through the dark hallway into the main room, the sight of Ossanlin makes him balk, but he moves forward, trusting that the Andalite has no reason to recognize his nothlit host. Still, he looks a bit edgy as he sits on the opposite side of the room from Ossanlin and Keshin.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Nero's Fury

• Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #14398 on: February 27, 2011, 09:06:34 PM »
Just as he was about to make contact with the ship again, he hit something invisible, afew feet from the ship.

Growling he shifted to his normal form and dropped down to start swinging at the invisible wall.

''They have a force field up. By my guess it is a stationary, they can turn it on when stationary and it is almost unmovable'' He called out to Salem, ''My next best idea to breaking in would b-''

But he was cut off by another Dracon Beam fire which he flipped away to dodge and ended up snapping a bone in his ankle causing him to yell in pain.

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14399 on: February 27, 2011, 09:22:19 PM »
<Open hatch,> Efaen orders the ship. Recognizing her thought-speech the ramp slowly extends, granting her entrance. She makes her way into the cabin and up to the computers, only hesitating briefly before setting to work.

This is absolutely crazy, Terenia thought, desperate to make sense out of the situation. It wasn't that she was not pleased to hear those words from Corliss. It was the unexpected surge of joy she had felt that scared her more than anything. Everything seems as though it is moving at warp speed: Tamora's death, the loss of Efaen and now Corliss, professing feelings that, in her mind at least, were the equivalent of a death sentence.

And he wasn't the only person involved, either. Maybe that meant that she wasn't the only one confused.

<Corliss?> Terenia asked hesitantly, hoping that he was still within range of her thoughts.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013