Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333450 times)

radgeek

Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #14190 on: February 16, 2011, 01:31:18 PM »
Taylis was beginning to wonder if this lady was just crazy and not a host at all.  "Its not like I'm asking where the bathroom is, though, I could use that too. I need to know that I can trust him."

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #14191 on: February 16, 2011, 01:41:47 PM »
"Paranoid much?" Fiona raises an eyebrow. "You trust him to make you a drink, don't you? Personally, I wouldn't be taking anything from someone if I didn't think I could trust them." She raises her glass. "Besides. You been here before? Because I really doubt this one gets out much." She nods at the bartender.

radgeek

« Reply #14192 on: February 16, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »
"There were enough people eating and drinking here still alive for me to think its safe even if I've never been here before," she answered back.  "Everybody has taken a side in this war and if his on the wrong one asking him could be the last thing I do.  Even my host's son had taken a side."  She looked at her feet.  How was I to know that that he was a morphing human fighting the Yeerks tooth and nail?

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #14193 on: February 16, 2011, 02:14:36 PM »
Silver's eyes widened as her lightening was absorbed. She smacked her head. "Of course!" she couldn't use that on him if he was part machine. She began to glow a liquidy blue color as water began to swirl around her body. She then sent the water towards the drone splashing over him and getting into his little crevices.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #14194 on: February 16, 2011, 02:19:02 PM »
Draining his 3 glass, the newcomer stands then walks to the bar again.

Turning to look at all the different species around the room, his deep voice suddenly called out, ''I am looking for some help tracking a bounty. Any Andalite or Yeerk here that is willing to help, please dont hesitate to step to my table. I am willing to offer payment for any help recieved!''

He then turned on his heel to return to his seat, where he poured himself another glass and drained it to, just to refill it once more.
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #14195 on: February 16, 2011, 02:38:46 PM »
"Excuse me, not all of us care about your stupid war," Fiona says. "I certainly don't. The only problem I've ever had with your kind as a whole is that you tend to make it harder for people like me to find our own hosts." She places another straw. "The problems I have with individual Yeerks, on the other hand, have nothing to do with any war. Wars are messy." She shakes her head. "Also, if your options are 'trust someone and possibly die' or 'don't trust anyone and definitely die,' why wouldn't you go for the first option?"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:50:35 PM by Stephquiem »

radgeek

« Reply #14196 on: February 16, 2011, 03:51:26 PM »
"Try losing someone to the war and say that," Taylis snapped.  The new man's call for help looking for bounty made her even more nervous.  "But either way you're right."  She looks at the bartender.  "Sir, do you know where I can fine a Yeerk pool that some one running from the Empire can use safely?"

(((I don't know what the bartender knows so could some one please type up his response.  Thanks.)))

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #14197 on: February 16, 2011, 04:05:11 PM »
"I've lost lots of people to lots of wars, kid," Fiona says, taking a sip of her drink. "More than you have. And I can still safely say that I've never cared for war. I'm not some kind of pacifist or anything. I've just been around long enough to see what happens. I've seen it over and over and over again."

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #14198 on: February 16, 2011, 05:37:52 PM »
Salem watched as the display began running through even more information pertaining to Mar. He'd seen this device give up data dozens of times, but he still hadn't gotten used to it. People were always so much more complex than he made them out to be.

Salem watched with interest as the images of Mar floated by, but what really grabbed his attention was the greater presence that seemed to surround what he'd come to think of as the "human" set of thought patterns. He assumed it was the Highest that Mar represented... or at least a portion of it. As with the physiological readout, there was no way of telling how large its power was, or where it would end. The aura seemed to be dominated by... hatred? And bitterness, it seemed, or something similar. There was what he took to be either apprehension or amusement there as well, directed at the Mar he knew... Salem guessed it to be amusement, simply based on how powerful a being this seemed to be. He narrowed his eyes and ****ed his head.

Rather than helping him understand that Highest, this seemed to bring up even more questions. It seemed to be beyond anything he'd ever experienced... beyond anything he could comprehend. Not sure what I expected with a powerful immortal, he thought. Among other things, though, this seemed to be blurring the line of how he thought of Mar... neither display had really made it clear whether Mar was part of the greater being, or his own entity.

Engrossed as Salem was in the images being displayed before Mar and himself, he still remembered to turn and click his device at the newcomer that loudly entered the bar, and again at Derrel when he noticed him.

Salem smiled at Mar. "I've got that information in my ship's computer. I might go through it later. From the look of things, though, I don't know how much I can learn about the 'Highest self' from it."

When the newcomer called out that he was willing to pay for assistance, Salem looked over in interest. After a moment, he shrugged and turned back to Mar. Money wasn't something he was in dire need of at the moment. Besides, the guy had specifically asked for 'Andalite or Yeerk' help.

"Pretty impressive little machine, eh?" he asked Mar, holding up the device. "I haven't been able to figure out how it works. If you spend some time with that information, I'm betting you could get quite a bit of detail out." He pointed to the projector that was sitting on the table. "You can keep that, if you like."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14199 on: February 16, 2011, 06:50:10 PM »
((Sorry, Kelly, I totally missed Keshin's post.))

Elayne raises an eyebrow and laughs in response to Keshin's question. "You may not be a turelek in whatever timeline you're from, but I still don't have much of an inclination to help you. For all I know, Keshin the Imperial--if that's what you are--could be more dangerous than Keshin the Bounty Hunter. I hold no allegiance to the Empire; it's all but dissolved where I come from."

Illim gives Derrel a sympathetic smirk. "It happens," he shrugs. Distracted by the newcomer's announcement, he watches to see if anyone takes him up on it a moment before glancing back to the man beside him. "I'm Illim," he responds, sticking out his hand. "And I may even of the same species as the one that abducted you. Unless they were Skrit Na... they weren't were they?" he asks, frowning.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14200 on: February 16, 2011, 07:12:45 PM »
"The ones that took me off the planet were blue centaurs with scorpion tails. There were a couple other Humans there. I don't know if they're called Skrit Na." He noted Illim's odd name, and the implication that he wasn't Human. "I don't even remember how I got on the ship, or why I was there. I woke up on the ship with this woman leaning over me. She had a machine with wires that she plugged into her ears and another guy's ears. I think she might have done that to me, but I don't know what the machine does. The aliens have left me alone so far. Probably forgot about me already. I'm a forgettable person."

"I've been sleeping in the back for a while, so I don't even know where those people are right now.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #14201 on: February 17, 2011, 12:44:29 AM »
Suddenly all sound seemed to stop, as for a moment the light in the room seemed to be sucked into the newcomer. Then suddenly the entire bar seemed to shake, and a feral growl emmitted from the myserious man, ''Someone here must know the information i speak. I need that information. If i dont get it a lot of people get hurt! SO SOMEONE HELP ME!''
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #14202 on: February 17, 2011, 02:08:05 AM »
Silver's sensitive ears heard the grumbling shouting voice from the bar. <okay, pal, stop the telling or I swear I'm gunna busy you one next!> Silver thought not paying attention to whether or not he may be one of those creatures who could hear her thoughts. She worked the water into any space age could on the drone hoping it would short circuit him.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14203 on: February 17, 2011, 07:02:13 AM »
Terenia's main eyes dart from Corliss to Ossanlin to Reven in a panicky sort of way.

<<Go on,>> Efaen mocks, <<Go back to the pool. Give me my freedom.>>

<<This is temporary,> Terenia cautions.

<<Of course it is. Go. I rather enjoy it when your exterior form matches your twisted mind.>>

Terenia steps back jerkily, half turning towards where Corliss' pool is. <Fine,> she says openly. <I can see I do not have much of a choice in the matter.>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14204 on: February 17, 2011, 08:39:40 AM »
Illim raises an eyebrow. <Memory dump?> he wonders to his host.

<Perhaps so,> Serid replies. <It could perhaps also explain other lapses in his memory.>

Before he can respond, the newcomer creates quite a scene. "The hell?" he mutters, not entirely sure what just happened, but positive he didn't like it. He swung around on his stool to face him and responded, "Lay off, will you? We've all got our issues here. Most of us are fighting the same war, and we've all got something to lose; we've all got lives on the line."

<Are you sure that is wise?> Serid asks as Illim turns back around to Derrel. <I have never seen technology like that.>

"Knowing those types," Illim tells the man, ignoring his host precisely because he wasn't sure it was wise, "they probably didn't do anything to you, although they could've possibly wiped out portions of your memory. Chances are, though, those memories would just get you in trouble, so it's safer this way." Maybe, he thinks, if I play my cards right, this could be my new host.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:05:11 PM by William McKitley »
Aluminator's RAFsister