Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333508 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #13965 on: February 02, 2011, 01:58:13 PM »
Corliss barks a laugh.  "I don't know if you've noticed, Visser, but this is rather a rough place to come on holiday."

He struggles to his feet, holding his head wearily.  "I suppose I'm mistaken, you just...reminded me of someone I once met."  He brushes off his uniform in an attempt to remain nonchalant.  "This Myitt you are acquainted with, I suspect he is my brother.  Do you know where he is currently stationed?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #13966 on: February 02, 2011, 04:42:21 PM »
Salem looked up at Mar and shrugged. "Not until I can shake the feeling that you're trying to rip me off, Highest." He held up the device he'd been using. "Just trying to learn a bit more about this place and its customers. It's like taking pictures. Y'know," he grinned, "for posterity."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #13967 on: February 02, 2011, 05:02:08 PM »
Ossanlin holds Temrash's gaze for a moment before speaking.  <I....see.>  Ossanlin went through the door into the room where Terenia was being held.  <I do not know if you can hear me Terenia, I hope that you and your host are unharmed.  If you wish to speak, I will remain here a few minutes, if you do not, I understand.>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #13968 on: February 02, 2011, 05:07:02 PM »
Keshin laughs in the same empty, odd way. She's really no more fond of Corliss than Corliss seems to be of her. There's nothing incredibly odd about him, but still...better safe than sorry. "I've always been fond of odd, dangerous places to take leave. You could say that I inherited that much from my host, although almost everything else in Joanne is gone. Good riddance. Regardless..."

Keshin taps the ground with her feet, looking almost idle despite the decent posture. "...Myitt's currently orbiting Earth. The place was very recently taken by Visser One, which means there are a ton of people out there at once trying to stabilize it. I don't envy his current task at all, but I get pretty regular reports."
**********************************************************************************************************
Mar grins oddly and shakes his head, putting his hand on the table. "Is the camera having trouble photographing me? Appearances aside, I am not vampiric. And as for our trade, I was giving you quite a fair deal. A tiny portion of your energy for a tiny bit of my ability to perform magic."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #13969 on: February 02, 2011, 05:30:18 PM »
Ossanlin's thought-speech breaks Terenia from the reverie that she has thrown herself into while Efaen slept. For a moment she considers remaining silent and waiting for him to go away, but then she remembers that he has saved her from potentially becoming a nothlit. That he was, partially, the catalyst that led to Tamora's death. They needed to speak so that Terenia could work out her mixed feelings for the Andalite.

<<Alright, Efaen, time to wake up,>> Terenia says mockingly. Efaen's mind is unwilling at first, desperate to cling to sleep for as long as possible, but eventually Terenia succeeds in bringing her host to consciousness.

<<This is not healthy,>> Efaen murmurs. <<You are going to destroy my body.>>

<<Yeah, yeah,>> Terenia responds, stretching her arms as she stands to her full height. She reaches her tail out as far as she can without hitting the force field, lengthening the muscles and breathing deeply in a sort of Andalite yawn. When she relaxes her main eyes open, focusing on Ossanlin.

<Have you come to gloat over my imprisonment?> Terenia asks, trying her hand at sounding nonchalant. It doesn't entirely work. <You know he is going to starve me out. Apparently, I'm unstable.>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13970 on: February 02, 2011, 05:35:54 PM »
Temrash really didn't want to talk to Terenia anymore. It wasn't helpful. Corliss should be talking to her. He left Ossanlin in the room with her and retrieved Corliss' dracon. He needed to try to make amends with Corliss in the hopes of getting in good with the rebellion. Over the past year he felt he hadn't really done much against the Empire. Certainly not as much as he would like.

He opened the hatch and left the ship to search for Corliss, who was in the same spot he'd been dropped. Talking to...Keshin!? she was back? Why would she come back so soon, and out in the open? He walked up, attempting to avoid her notice. He was curois about their conversation.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #13971 on: February 02, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »
Corliss stoops to pick up the fallen comm link.  As soon as Keshin mentions Earth he freezes, breathing stopped.

"Earth has been taken?" He stares at Keshin.  Surely this was not the same Keshin nor was it the same Earth he knew, but the very idea...  "When?  How..."

<Careful, mate,> says Mike.

"Was it open war?" Corliss finally asks.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13972 on: February 02, 2011, 06:57:47 PM »
Temrash heard Corliss mention Earth being taken. He would have been notified if visser Three succeeded in taking earth, so this must be a different Keshin. Fine with him, as he had other problems.

"Hey Corliss. Look, I changed my mind." he said as he walked up to hand Corliss his dracon. "You can come in if you want."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #13973 on: February 02, 2011, 08:02:09 PM »
Corliss blinks at Temrash, hesitantly taking the weapon.  Immediately he inspects the Dracon for any signs of tampering, and he glares up at Temrash.

"I'll be there in a minute," he says flatly, pocketing the weapon and glancing back at Keshin.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #13974 on: February 02, 2011, 08:09:02 PM »
Salem shook his head. "Your 'Precious' seems to be with me in that dealing with you'd be a bad idea. If I can't trust someone you call 'precious' to know you, who can I trust?" he asked, smirking.

He glanced down at his device. "I'm growing to like this thing. Snagged it off a Skrit Na trader a few years back. It's not taking pictures of what things look like. It's taking pictures of what they are. Sort of a composite of the mental, emotional and spiritual projections of a being, laid out as cold hard data. For example," he continued, "I should be able to tell who's a Yeerk, since they contain multiple distinct beings. I already know what an Andalite looks like, which makes finding a morphed one a little easier; not that I've ever really thought about using it for that until getting here. I can see ties and nuances that people may not even realize they have." He smiled sheepishly. "I actually have no idea how to interpret most of it, but it's still interesting stuff.

Salem glanced at the tiny screen on the device, which was crossed by a number of graphs. "I can't really tell much on this display, exactly. Need to get it back to my ship for any of it to be useful. But it already looks like I'm having trouble fitting all of you in frame." He looked up at Mar with a smirk. "Wonder why that'd be?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13975 on: February 02, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
"Ok." Temrash said. "Looks like you need a new patch for your head. I'll fix that for you too." He looked at keshin for a few seconds before walking back to his ship and leaving the hatch open. He sat in his seat and turned a viewscreen on the two so he could watch them. Same Keshin or not, he didn't trust her or joanne.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #13976 on: February 02, 2011, 08:58:13 PM »
<Gloat?  You can be so insufferable sometimes.  Your incarceration was never something that would've been difficult to accomplish.  In fact I did not know you had been incarcerated until a few moments ago.  And I had not heard anything about starving anyone.  I do not believe even Temrash would be so rash, though I admit I do not know him well.>  Ossanlin gently presses a palm against the force-field.

<You on the other hand are nothing if not rash.  Quick to make decisions and quick to regret them most of the time.  You trust no one, even when they bend in half trying to help you to improve your life.  You might feel safer that way, but trust goes both ways Terenia.  If you never trust anyone, no one will trust you.  You will be alone with your misery for the rest of your natural life.  The rebellion is based on trust, if you truly want to join them, you're going to have to learn to trust again.>  Ossanlin takes a deep breath.  <I've given up trying to show you that there are those who would care about you.  I've stopped trying to make you see that I am different.  It is impossible to make you believe such things and so you will always hate me.  If that is the way you want it, that is the way it will be.  If you do not want any assistance from me, you'll have none.  I will be as callous and cold to you as you want me to be, because no matter how many times I prove your preconceptions wrong, you'll not change the way you think or feel.  I still have a duty to Efaen, however, and I cannot abandon her.  There is the matter of whether she is still voluntary, and until I'm certain I've spoken with her and her alone, I will not relent.>  Ossanlin delivers his "speech" in soft, concerned tones with not even a hint of anger.  He feels none, not anymore, not at her.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #13977 on: February 02, 2011, 09:05:52 PM »
<You only helped me earlier for her,> Terenia acknowledges, nodding. <I understand. You feel as though you owe Efaen something. I don't know why; she has given you almost as much trouble as I have. I'm not sure what it is about you Andalites that makes you believe everyone needs their freedom. Has if ever occurred to you that some people are just too wretched to handle their own freedom?>

She sighs, stooping down to pick up the comm link that she had dropped in her sleep. She stares at the small, nondescript device for a moment, but does not depress the button that will connect her with Corliss. He has not called her yet, which means either he cannot or does not want to. Neither option would surprise her.

<If I refuse?> Terenia asks, her main eyes flickering back to Ossanlin. <If I will not leave Efaen? What then? I will tell you now she does not approve of my joining the rebellion. If I do join them, she does not wish to be a part of it.>

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #13978 on: February 02, 2011, 09:59:44 PM »
Ossanlin sighs heavily.  <She is a member of my race and a member of the military in which I hold rank.  It is my responsibility to care about her fate.  As for you, of course you will not believe me when I say this, but I did not wish for you to suffer further.  My race has done some...disreputable things to you.  I had hoped to ease some of the pain that my race had caused you.>

<The matter of the rebellion is something else.  Indeed it is my responsibility to not only care about the livelihood of my people, but to make sure those in the military are placed where they are most useful.  Efaen wishes to continue the fight, I know that much.  Amongst her own people I cannot promise her the action she desires.  The most likely place for her to achieve satisfaction is amongst the rebels.  She does not trust them, but I do.  I believe that the rebellion is really the best place for her, though she would disagree profusely I'm sure.  It would teach her that the rebellion is a formidable force and one that is on the same side as the majority of the andalite people.  Hopefully that would be enough to show her that not all Yeerks are vile, disgraceful, slave-driving scum as she currently believes.>  Ossanlin gently runs his hand along the smooth, glass-like surface of the force-field, but then looks up into Terenia's main eyes.  <Sometimes an officer has to make decisions that aren't popular with everyone involved.  Should you manage to join the rebellion, I am convinced that Efaen will be as safe as she can be while fulfilling her own desires as well as tasks useful to the Andalite people.>

RAF Silverblade

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #13979 on: February 02, 2011, 10:23:31 PM »
After Ossanlin speaks Terenia waits, as though preparing for him to add some sort of catch. When none comes she nods slightly, breathing in deeply. <Then that is what I will do. I cannot return to the Blade Ship. It would be suicide. I will not leave Efaen and be stuck blind and helpless. I can't stay on his God-forsaken asteroid forever. I have already spoken with the rebel leader...Reven...an d he said about the same thing you did. He spoke with Efaen too.>

She glances towards the back hallway, where she assumes Temrash is still lurking. <He was going to starve me, by the way. Or is, I suppose. He hasn't let me out yet.>