Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333513 times)

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #13545 on: January 08, 2011, 12:45:36 AM »
She looked worried but she stepped out of the rift. She was transparent and knew no one would see her but her body. She listened and took off into the forest.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #13546 on: January 08, 2011, 01:16:50 AM »
<Please, don't apologize.  You have nothing to apologize for,> Corliss says gently.  <As for Efaen, Temrash said he estimated the amount he should give her, but clearly something went wrong along the way.  I'm sure Efaen will be all right after she gets some rest.  Either way...Mike and I will take care of you, if you need our assistance.  Although I suppose you aren't exactly planning on joining us permanently, if Efaen is so set against it.>

---

Myitt smirks, stepping up to her ship and stopping to look at Tora. 

"This place really is more trouble than it's worth, sometimes," she says with a roll of her eyes.  "But don't worry about it.  I doubt there's anything that can get you out of Reven's favor for very long.  Hell, you seem to be the only thing that can cheer him up, these days.  The poor kid never takes a vacation, and he's got so many lives in his hands.  It's a lot to handle.  Computer, open exterior hatch, ramp extension."

The Bug fighter shimmers back into view, its hatchway melting open and extending the gray metal ramp, which touches daintily down to the gravel.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #13547 on: January 08, 2011, 01:49:18 AM »
When Claxter asked what Bear's soul looked like soul John shrugged. "I don't know. He considered himself a Dog."
A Phantom with a soul of a dog, Bear, moved towards the apparition.

"Temrash should I stay with the ship and make sure no one gets into trouble?"
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #13548 on: January 08, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »
<It's not about what Efaen wants,> Terenia says. <Your leader...Reven...sp oke to her, and still was going to accept us even though she didn't want to go. I'm used to Efaen disagreeing with my decisions. I just...I can't go. I can't. I'll hurt you, or Myitt or someone the two of you care about. I won't mean to, but I will.> Her voice is heavy with sadness and suddenly she wishes that Corliss will leave, despite her enthusiasm at his arrival. I don't deserve to be happy, even for a second.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #13549 on: January 08, 2011, 11:14:01 AM »
"Um...unless I am correct, that is the canine we are looking for."

I ran off and aimed at that phantom instead. I jumped up, trying to grab Bear.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #13550 on: January 08, 2011, 11:23:45 AM »
Illim laughs. "I suppose that's true; it's easier to find, but I've got to deal with that, too. I wouldn't make it long unhosted." He glances at the door as a young man--perhaps he's even a teenager--and a girl walk in. "So, not that it's any of my business," he says to Fiona, "but this person you're waiting on. Is he a friend of yours or not so much?" And how did human woman without a Yeerk get here? he adds internally.

Tora inexplicably turns a bright shade of pink, turning her head down in an attempt to hide the burning in her cheeks. Her thoughts are conflicted regarding how she feels about Myitt's statements. "Yes, he should rest more. He always looks so exhausted." She sighs and walks past Myitt up the ramp into the Bug fighter. "We simply need more resources. More hosted members. Then, I am sure we could find plentiful opportunities to make a more significant impact."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #13551 on: January 08, 2011, 01:55:25 PM »
<Then where will you go?> Corliss demands.  <Back to the Empire?  You know that's a death sentence, whether it happens sooner or later.  We have people who can help you, a really fine medic and hell, even two of our people were once psychologists.  I...I saw what you did, and I don't think I can hope to understand why you did it...but I don't want you to hurt anyone else, or yourself.  Going back to him, all it will do is cause you more pain, and you don't deserve it.  I refuse to believe that you deserve such a fate.>

---

Myitt grins.  "Well, Tora, you can go right ahead and start passing around the recruitment fliers," she says, walking up the ramp behind her.  "I'm sure we'll have people throwing themselves at us to risk their lives, and oh, yes, please accept limited personal mobility and a strange variety of dissociative personality disorder.  Thanks."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #13552 on: January 08, 2011, 04:17:05 PM »
It is clear from this angle that Mar looks rather...unhealthy. Gaunt, high cheekbones, a weak and peculiar physique...it's really more his personality that would attract someone. Although the layered nature of his clothing and his bright eyes prevent this from being as obvious at first glance.

Mar continues to stroke his hand through Elayne's hair and states, "Hmn. This...place is at an odd point in Time. With some effort I might be able to manifest the same effect elsewhere. We would have to be very careful, however. Or...perhaps I could follow you out of the Bar. Assuming I don't collapse upon leaving it. There..."

Mar groans slightly. "...there are too many variables. But I believe it to be worth the effort."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #13553 on: January 08, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »
Tora shrugs, looking up at Myitt now that her cheeks are starting to return to their normal color. "The only interested parties at the Bar--Illim and Terenia, that is--have... complications. Otherwise, they could make reasonable candidates. But that is not what I meant. As much as two more Andalites could help us, especially since one of them is morph-capable, we need something larger than a few more willing members."

She glances up, although from the distant look in her eyes, it is as if she is watching something beyond the ceiling. "How much do Ossanlin's subordinates trust him? And how willing would he be to make a bargain with us?" A Dome Ship on our side, even if only for a single mission... she thinks wistfully.

Elayne nods slowly. "I'm glad you're willing to try it. You know, should it be necessary. Who knows, maybe I'll set up my mechanic shop here after all?" she smiles to Mar. "I know you think he isn't worth anyone's time, but I do want to help Trey. I can sympathize with him, and I'm responsible, in a way, for him."

As much as Mar looks sickly, Elayne is just the opposite... at least, she would if one could see beyond the layers of sweat, engine grease, and dust. Her excitement produced by talking about helping Trey is evidenced by an increased intensity in her eyes.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 04:47:42 PM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #13554 on: January 08, 2011, 04:48:10 PM »
As they entered the bar, Vanessa looked around the place. "Huh. It's kind of... well, not what I expected from a super duper space bar." Then she paused. "I'm just going to say space pub from now on, so it doesn't sound like I'm describing a nifty keyboard."

She took a seat at the table that her companion had chosen, and then went back to his earlier statement. "My universe? Oh right, multiple possibilities. So you don't exist in mine because I don't know what a yeerk is?"

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #13555 on: January 08, 2011, 05:12:56 PM »
Fiona watches the door as it opens, then sighs. "That's kind of... complicated." She kicks at the table idly. "We used to be friends. But..." she smiles mirthlessly. "He didn't like some things I had to do and, long story short, he wants me dead now." She says this last part as though it doesn't bother her one bit.

She shrugs. "I assume he's running into the same problem you've got, and that's why he's taking so long."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #13556 on: January 08, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »
<And why not?> Terenia counters angrily. <I killed my brother. I killed my sister. After abandoning them both. They wouldn't have even been a part of this war if I hadn't left home in the first place. Everything I've tried only makes things worse. I'm like...like a disease or something. All I do is infect the people around me and make their lives miserable. I can't let that happen to you too. I just can't...>

Terenia sighs inwardly. She is unsure how to make Corliss understand. <Listen, Corliss. I know you want to help me, but maybe going back to the Empire is the best thing for me. Maybe a death sentence is what I deserve. If I join the rebellion I will betray you. I won't do it on purpose, but it'll happen eventually. It always does. I'm trying to protect you.>

Trey smiles wryly, "Yeah, something like that. My parents were Yeerks, you see, and their existence was pretty well established by 2010, what with the war and all. So, yeah. Different universe. Definitely." He nods to himself, then ****s his head slightly. "I'm just confusing you, aren't I? I probably shouldn't say too much, though. Most people here are paranoid about those of us from the future. I guess they have a good reason to be."

His slightly convoluted explanation is interrupted then by the bartender. He stands next to their table, notepad in hand, an expectant expression on his face.

"Oh, erhm...just a water, please." He gets a glower in return. "Alright, alright. A Coke. No ice." Trey glances at Vanessa. "Want anything?"

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13557 on: January 08, 2011, 05:59:31 PM »
"Well I'd like to keep an eye on my ship, but I'd also like to raid the Skrit Na ship too." Temrash said to Kevlin. "I'm just undecided."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #13558 on: January 08, 2011, 06:33:52 PM »
"Well? Which is it?" Kevlin shrugged.

((I post for Bear and John earlier on this page.))
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13559 on: January 08, 2011, 06:45:14 PM »
Claxter fired at the phantom, and between him and Vogefac firing it managed to lose its grip on Bear. Once they had bear, he started running for the portal. <Let's hurry! It's closing!> he said as the huge phantom creature finished its transformation and charged. It looked big enough to swallow an elephant whole.

Back on the other side, Fredrick regained consciousness. memories of the past century flooded his mind. He saw the portal was closing, and used some energy to slow it down. However, it was still slowly closing.

"You can stay on the ship. I'm going to check the Skrit na ship for anything useful." Temrash said.

Ani-Master 2014!