Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333462 times)

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #13470 on: January 06, 2011, 12:27:55 AM »
((Chad I think you missed my last post for John and Bear.))
Kevlin steps outside and sees the human he assumes is the one heis looking for. "Do you want to come in?"
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13471 on: January 06, 2011, 12:32:58 AM »
(Sorry.)

Evil Fredrick maintains a wall of energy as he finishes his chanting. A phantom comes and takes John's soul, and he becomes a servant of The One. Now Fredrick can focus all energy on Bear, and sends an energy shockwave towards him.

Inside the void, claxter notices a new soul passing through, and it is John! <Oh no you don't.> He says, and shoots the phantm, causing it to drop John. <Are you alright, John? We should meet up with Vogefac and see if they found Silver.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #13472 on: January 06, 2011, 12:36:54 AM »
"Good," Myitt says, picking up the half-empty coffee cup as an afterthought.  "I was getting tired of hearing him complain."  

She sits forward, uncrossing her legs and looking Illim right in the eyes.  Her former good cheer is gone, her relaxed posture traded for tense, growing anger.

"'Embraced your new life.'"  Myitt shakes her head.  "And yet, here you are, still not letting your old life go.  If I regretted losing my old life, or every time I couldn't save a friend, or misfortune led to my people getting the hell outta Dodge at my expense, I doubt I would still be sitting here, having this conversation with you."  It's clear who she means.  "I'd be so caught up in the past, in things that are really and truly agonizing, that I wouldn't be able to move forward.  This is a war, and sometimes things happen that you wish you could erase.  Life doesn't work that way.  So deal with it, Andalite, and move on."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #13473 on: January 06, 2011, 12:42:36 AM »
"I don't know... I woke up and the Vampire was the only one there. Things got fuzzy and then that thing grabbed me and now I'm here. What happened?" John seems to be rather confused. "Am I dead?"

Bear yowls in pain and writhes on the ground.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13474 on: January 06, 2011, 12:47:15 AM »
<Well, your soul was separated from your body. It should be reversable, though.> Claxter said as they ran from phantoms that weren't chasing other people.

"Rise, and help me bring your friend into the circle, servant." Evil Fredrick said to John. He still kept the portal open so silver might come back out. The bodies of the ones who entered had yet to come out, which worried him a little.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #13475 on: January 06, 2011, 12:55:56 AM »
((Just realized I forgot Bear's broken leg.))
Outer John stands. "Yes master." He walks over to were Bear is and picks him up. He is a truly pathetic sight. Covered in mud, his splint has come off and his leg hangs off at an unnatural angle. <Don't do it John.> Bear manages weakly. John turns and lays him in the circle and he doesn't have the strength to do anything but glare at Frederick. <You will pay.>

Soul John grabs his weapons. "If I'm possessed I shudder at what will happen to Bear. He was there trying to save me."
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #13476 on: January 06, 2011, 01:07:02 AM »
Elayne nibbles on her bottom lip in concern. The truth is she doesn't want to lose him, either. Creepy, unsettling, and possessive as he sometimes is, he is the first person to show her kindness and interest in a long time. Not to mention he's terribly interesting. And not terribly bad-looking, either.

The long sigh she emits is an attempt to banish these thoughts and the embarrassment they bring her. Her hand comes up to touch his in an effort to get him to release the painful pressure on her arm. "Is there a way? Several days ago, around when we first started talking, you said something about... me being able to summon you, wasn't it? Would that accomplish it?"

Illim's brow wrinkles as Myitt addresses him--or, rather, Serid. It's difficult to distance himself from the strange, sharp negative feeling that wells up in him when she looks at him with such irritation.

"I hope you're listening to this," he mumbles aloud to his host, who is fuming with even greater agitation than before.

<<How dare she presume to understand? How dare she compare her life, the wrongs done to her, with mine?>>

Illim sighs. <<You know, Serid, I think she's right. Besides, the longer you dwell on this, the longer we go without food, without Kandrona. There's a potential lifesaver for us here -- an opportunity to truly do something in this damned war. And you're letting a grudge against an Andalite you haven't seen in thirteen years stand in your way? You're a damned, damned fool.>>

Serid has no verbal response, although it is clear to Illim that his words have not helped matters at all. He drops his eyes from Myitt's.

Tora can't help but watch Myitt while she talks. Something strikes her as odd--or maybe surprising--about their exchange, although she can't quite put her finger on what.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #13477 on: January 06, 2011, 01:20:16 AM »
"I hope you are, too," Myitt sneers, sipping the cold coffee and wincing at the bitterness, all its flavor seemingly gone without the added heat. 

She finds herself staring back at Tora, and then she lowers her gaze. 

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this, Tora," she says quietly.  "I hope it hasn't been a total loss.  At least we're fairly sure this creature isn't going to hunt us down."

Her attention snaps back to Illim, her hand creeping for her Dracon.  "Unless you are?"

<Hell, all of our bounties?  Maybe the Empire would let him live with a bit of false hope, before they executed him, too,> Tara says with a dull laugh.

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #13478 on: January 06, 2011, 01:44:23 AM »
The pain was too much. She stepped out of the rift and got as far away as possible from it with a hiss. She couldn't go into the portal to stop them.... Her master called her now. The pain still racked her body. That portal couldn't hold both her soul and physical self.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #13479 on: January 06, 2011, 03:22:05 AM »
When Temrash  brought up the idea that the Skrit Na might have done something to her, Vanessa paled. "D-did something? Oh, wow, that's probably the most frightening yet vague thing I've ever heard." She paused then. "Four arms? Ummm, sure, why not. I was always pretty good with Sheeva in Mortal Kombat." The girl added weakly. "Maybe there'll be some kind of sub-emotional connection there, huh?"

She was still trying to think of how to ask if she could possibly get OFF this ship and onto solid ground after she started to be left in the ****pit of the second ship, when Temrash returned to suggest that she might very well like to get off the ship. "You read my mind." Vanessa said with some relief before her eyes widened. "Wait, you didn't read my mind, did you? If so, I really hope you didn't read that last thought."  She paused. "Or that one... Or th--I'm leaving now."

Blushing, the girl walked to the open hatch. "Not running far, trust me. I don't have aaaaaaaaany desire to get lost. Errr, any more lost than I am. Which is kind of like not wanting to litter in the parking lot of the store you just burned down. But I still won't go far."

Emerging through the hatch and past Kevlin onto the small planetoid for the first time, Vanessa's eyes widened as she turned slowly to take it all in. "W... wow....." Then she spotted the bar. "... Huh. I wonder if there's a cover charge."

Finally, she found herself looking at Trey. "Oh... ummm... hi..."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:33:38 AM by Kitulean »

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #13480 on: January 06, 2011, 08:17:10 AM »
Tora takes her gaze from Myitt as Illim throws his hands up in the air, arms bent at the elbows and palms out, before letting them flop back into his lap. He utters a weary, "Oh, please. Even if I did attempt to break into the bounty hunting business, I'm not such an utter bastard I'd come after you people. I'm trying to combat the Empire too, you know."

Considering him a moment, Tora looks back to Myitt and answers with a small smile, "You did not drag me into anything. I know that you did this for me in the first place. Thank you."

She is still unsettled after the constant internal turbulence of the last twenty minutes or more, but Serid's childishness has replaced guilt with frustration, a less painful emotion.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:49:13 AM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #13481 on: January 06, 2011, 08:34:10 AM »
((Tell me if I'm starting from a wrong point in the storyline))

The phantom had pretty much diverted Vogefac's attention from Artemis by now. He had to get rid of it so that he could free his friend.

His epar struck it somewhere important apparently, because it vanished into thin air...

"That was odd..." He said to himself. He saw that Frederick 1 had gone over to another sou. Vogefac didn't have time for that though. He cut down good Artemis' chains, and she fell tot he ground, waking up.

Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #13482 on: January 06, 2011, 10:35:35 AM »
"A bounty hunter takes what he can get," Myitt says acridly, and she slurps the coffee as if to accentuate the point.  "But no matter.  I think I might actually believe you and your Andalite nothlit host are being sincere.  If you aren't, we have ways of making sure we aren't being traced.  Tora..."  She glances at her friend.  "What should we do with him?" 

The question implies a few things...not least of which is the obvious: Is he a security risk?  But also hidden in the question is...can we keep him, can we, huh?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13483 on: January 06, 2011, 10:51:49 AM »
"I can't read minds, Vanessa. You don't have to worry about that." Temrash said. "There's a bartender in the bar that takes any money, but in case you don't have any I'll pay for some food and drink."

Evil Fredrick finished the chant and Bear's soul was taken. The dark energy also healed his leg. "finally we are making progress. Now, who should we go after next?"

Claxter continued looking around for Bear, but wasn't sure which was which. <John. What would Bear's soul look like? He wasn't born a dog, so would his soul be a dog or someone else?>

"Let's book it for the exit, man." Good Fredrick said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #13484 on: January 06, 2011, 10:53:41 AM »
He ran, but slow enough for Frederick to follow. He hoped Artemis wasn't tired and would be able to keep up. He saw Claxter and...John? He ran for them.

<Who are you waiting for? You seem anxious enough for the both of us.> Dyvinia told Fiona as she signaled the Bartender to put her on the ground.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 11:01:34 AM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother