Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333449 times)

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #11685 on: November 15, 2010, 12:00:27 PM »
She couldn't hear over her anger and flames and she seen Jagil defend Desmond. Her flames roared higher before she broke down and let it all go. So much pain in her life. She let tears fall and it was as I they washed away the flames. She was exhausted, worried, sore, and in many ways she was still a child that had gone through more than any child ever should.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #11686 on: November 15, 2010, 12:45:53 PM »
<Be that as it may, I hold my Warriors to a higher standard than other andalites.  Some troubling things have occurred this day, the most troubling being that which you have just done.  Ruthlessness has its place in war, but if we regress to pure hatred, we are no better than they.  We will lose who we are.  The ends do not justify the means.  Had he been tried and executed, even though the ends would be the same, the means would've been much more civilized.>  Ossanlin puffs out his chest and huffs a breath before walking towards the ramp.  <Sometimes the wrong thing is done for the right end...and sometimes that is necessary...but you will suffer the consequences.>

Ossanlin looks back at Tamora/Myitt with a questioning glance...she had still not answered his questions...perhaps his Galard was worse than he thought.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 12:48:57 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11687 on: November 15, 2010, 01:01:07 PM »
<I am sorry you disapprove, Prince Ossanlin. I...don't really know if I can do this.> Claxter said, his tail twitching with anxiety. <Perhaps I shouldn't have taken your offer of leadership. Perhaps I shouldn't even be in this war. Kindness has brought on my cowardice, and has caused me to lack diligence in watching a prisoner who for the most part acted well.> Part of Claxter wished he had been a tougher person, and that things were simpler. Part of him just wanted to go home and forget all the things he had done in this war.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #11688 on: November 15, 2010, 01:14:48 PM »
Ossanlin continues to watch Myitt as he sends a response to Claxter again.  <Only you can decide what is best for yourself.  Being nervous, afraid...having fear...that is mortal.  It is how you handle such feelings that determines your character.  There is no room for uncertainty in war, no room for second-guessing.  If you have confidence, forge your fear into a tool or push it away, that is courage.  If you truly wish to run, if you lack the fortitude to believe in yourself, then you are free to return to the Homeworld to do whatever it is you desire.  I will approve the discharge myself.  But if you want a challenge, if you believe yourself capable, you can continue to fight.  That decision can only be made by one person.  You.>

RAF Silverblade

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #11689 on: November 15, 2010, 01:45:30 PM »
He walked into the bar. The young Ansrian felt depressed. Nothing much was going on in his life. And now, his ship malfunctioned. He needed to stop here of all places to rest. This god forsaken place where even time itself seemed to desert peoples lives, as if they were unimportant to it. And anyone with a need to come here was definitely not on Time's list as a Galactic Senate official. This made him feel even worse, because his people literally worshipped Time as an entity that travels along with them as a friend to their grave.

Scinlao Kalte asked the barkeeper for a cup of Yndrin tea. The bartender wrote on the paper in Ansrae Archeai language: Cash or Tab?

"Tab. I have absolutely no money. I'll make it up to you……someday." He Answered.

There were more people here than he predicted, he mused as he sipped his drink. He sensed they were all happy. He could make no sense as to why. Time must have brought them here purposefully.

He walks to a booth and sits down, lonelier than ever.

He whispers: "Time be agreeable, please, to me."

(Yay, the character named after me!!!)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:02:50 PM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #11690 on: November 15, 2010, 02:20:46 PM »
Myitt starts to reply to Ossanlin, but she is startled into silence when Claxter kills Cody and Sukohn.

It takes her a few extra seconds while Ossanlin berated Claxter to remember to reply.

"Ah...yes, well," she stammers in Galard, "I, um.  I left Tara, convinced that Tamora would kill me.  But she has decided that she would rather have the company of an enemy rather than be alone, as punishment for what I did to Zorish."  She smiles wanly.  "Tara is outside, and I have every intention of returning to her."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11691 on: November 15, 2010, 02:35:30 PM »
Claxter stood to the side, deep in thought. Everything he had tried to do had turned to failure. He had abandoned his troop, allowed two enemies to escape while trying to be nice to them, and had accidentally disobeyed a direct order. What right did he have to continue in this war?

But then...what would his parents think of him? Surely they would take him back, but he would have returned in shame nonetheless. Would life on the homeworld still be the same? What about Efaen?...Well, what about her? She seemed willing to run back to Visser Three, despite what he did to her. Unless what he did was something she was starting to enjoy. afterall, he was an Andalite controller, and she was a female Andalite. who knows what may have gone on in that torture chamber. It disgusted Claxter to think of it. How could he help someone who didn't want to be helped?

Ani-Master 2014!

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11692 on: November 15, 2010, 03:23:06 PM »
Lennan stood and moved out of the way as Asda stepped in. She was unsuccessful; there was nothing that could be done about it. The other Beta Squaders deactivated their camo-suits and stood quietly, with their firearms at their sides. He had killed another ally right in front of them... it was hard for Lennan to stand and watch as a yeerk crawled out of the Hork-Bajir and made Desmond his temporary host. He wasn't sure if he could have brought himself to enter the mind of his enemy if he had still been able to.

Charlotte stepped over and knelt beside Silver... such pain, from one so young... just like her. She said nothing, but put a hand over her shoulder.

"We are all actually human, though one of our guys is a former Yeerk." Rayker felt rather uncomfortable telling this guy all of this information, but they needed him to trust them.

"It's a long story...." Jackson said. "And we don't even know all of it..."

"Everyone in our squad is from Earth from a different timeline. It makes for some very interesting deep-space reminiscing. Before I joined these guys, I was a Lieutenant in the United States Army. - "

"The United States didn't even exist when I come from...." Jackson added.

"My Earth hadn't ever encountered extraterrestrial life before... not until the day I left. What was the Earth you come from like, assuming you are even from Earth?"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #11693 on: November 15, 2010, 04:57:46 PM »
Terenia nods, watching Corliss as he makes for the back of the ship. She has a feeling that both Corliss and Tora are hiding something from her...maybe many somethings, all which she hopes become more apparant as she integrates herself with their society.

<<It'll never work,>> Efaen scoffs, <<What happens when one of them makes you mad and you lose control? You think their leader will stand for a psychopath in their midsts?>>

<What do you mean you intend to return to Tara?> Tamora demands, snapping out of the stupor brought on by Terenia's memories, <You want to live your life with Zorish's death weighing on you? If what you showed me is true, my sister told you not to bother trying to "save" me. You explicitly did not listen, and then you murdered the person I lo- the person I cared about in cold blood. How would you feel if someone were to walk up to Tara, point a Dracon Beam at her head and shoot? Or better yet, lock her in a closet and let her starve to death?>

Trey finishes his fizzing drink with a belch that is surprisingly loud. Covering his mouth, the tips of his ears turn a bit pink as he lowers his gaze to the bar counter. The bartender arrives to take up his glass, plunking a fresh water down in front of him and offering no comment.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #11694 on: November 15, 2010, 05:01:50 PM »
Ossanlin nods his serpentine head as if this were nothing out of the ordinary and continues down the ramp.  "Then let us be on our way."  He turns to smile frighteningly at Tamora/Myitt...it seemed the human would get her punishment for everything after all.  "Thank you both for your assistance."  He continues to vocalize in Galard.

He turns back towards the ramp and descends.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11695 on: November 15, 2010, 05:08:05 PM »
Claxter descended the ramp as well, and wandered to his ship to enter it. He could leave now. At the very least he had his Prince's permission. But did he really want to? As he continued to think, he stretched his muscles. When was the last time he had rested? Maybe his thoughts would be clearer after some sleep. So in his ship, with the hatch open where he could feel a light breeze blowing, he went to sleep.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #11696 on: November 15, 2010, 06:08:38 PM »
Morgan let go of Desmond and knelt next to Silver. He put a hand on her shoulder.

"When we get back to the bar, there's something I have to tell you," he said. "It's not going to be easy, but you deserve to know."

The shuttle was back in The Pride and The Pride itself was heading back towards the bar. Meanwhile, the CG ship vanished back into the white on a forced journey back to the 'verse they came from.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11697 on: November 15, 2010, 06:28:36 PM »
Back on the Pride both Jagill and Temrash retired to his borrowed room. Jagill stood guard at the door, and Temrash sat on the cot thinking about what he had gone over. Soon Desmond would be executed, so he felt the need to record everything. he looked around for any little computer console where he might type up all the information and download it into the Pride's database. That would be the best thing to do, and would likely take a little while to compile.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #11698 on: November 15, 2010, 06:32:53 PM »
Salem shook his head. "I'm told I was actually born on Earth, but we moved away when I was still too young to remember. It sounds like it's a cute little planet. Not really my kind of place, but maybe nice to visit once in a while."

"I've spent some time there," Al piped up. "Usually just long enough to get wasted, get a few million people on the dance floor, TP the Eiffel Tower and the world capital, and then split. It's a pretty quiet scene, but it's fun." As he finished, he heard Trey's belch. "Nice one!" he called across the bar with a wink.

Salem rolled his eyes once again, then turned back to Rayker. "I can honestly say that living on a planet filled with nothing but humans does not sound at all appealing. They're great for a little while, but it usually doesn't take long before they start to get on my nerves." He took a swig of his drink. It was better than he'd remembered... or maybe this bartender just knew what he was doing.

"So how'd a bunch of people from different versions of Earth end up flying around space together?" Salem asked Jackson and Rayker. "And how many of you guys are there, anyway?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11699 on: November 15, 2010, 07:48:26 PM »
Mar watches Salem chatter on and ignore him and twitches irritably. The little twit had the gall to blow him off. Who exactly did he think he was? .....oh, well. This was no time to get into a fight at the drop of a hat.

Mar therefore sits at a seat on the bar and says, "Red wine, please. Something heavy. I have had a very long night." Mar shoots another glare at Salem, but continues to wait. Getting stone drunk ought to cool his nerves, and perhaps hide away his confusion in a sleepy haze.