Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333094 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #11670 on: November 15, 2010, 12:59:59 AM »
Myitt stands and steps back, watching her friend convulse in pain as he tries to get up. 

"Ossanlin!" she cries.  "That wound is going to kill you.  You have to morph, just morph anything, now!

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #11671 on: November 15, 2010, 01:14:07 AM »
Ossanlin clears his mind and blocks the pain as best he can...years of training for such events helps.  He achieves an almost meditative state, not dwelling on the strangeness of the situation.  He concentrates on his hork-bajir morph, imagining the strong frame, the sharp blades, and the serpentine neck and tail.  His body slowly begins to shift, tail-end pulling in, stalk-eyes as well.  His torso bulks up a bit and his front legs fill out to become the clawed, sturdy feet of a hork-bajir.  The hole in his abdomen fills over and bulks out again, the searing pain vanishing from the back of his mind.  Finally a fully-formed male hork-bajir lies in a semi-fetal position on the floor.

He immediately stands up, looking for his shredders, finding them both in different places on the floor.  His battle harness still fit nicely on the hork-bajir body, and he re-holsters the weapons, mag-strips snapping into place.  He bends down to retrieve his discarded left-hand katana, sheathing it again.  He looks down at Sukohn, his face betraying no malice though the naturally agressive look of hork-bajir cannot be overcome.  He then looks around the room, sparing a grimace for Claxter before regarding Terenia.  <I appreciate your assistance Terenia...I hope your concern was not merely issuance from Efaen.>  He looks over the morphed andalite controller.

((I wrote as if I really thought it was Terenia...I'm sure you guys get that but I just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't confused.  XD))
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #11672 on: November 15, 2010, 01:26:39 AM »
Myitt watches Ossanlin demorph with a sense of deep relief.

When he addresses her as Terenia, she stares at him, blinking rapidly.

"Terenia?" she replies, then she looks down at her body in surprise.  "No, this is Tamora."  She waves a hand dismissively.  "Ossanlin, it's me.  It's Myitt." 

She gently taps at Tamora's temple, and swallows anxiously.  "You're all right?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #11673 on: November 15, 2010, 01:57:52 AM »
Salem decided he might as well go along with Rayker's little routine. He'd get to the point eventually. "Random chance, and a very strong desire to not be blown up, mostly."

The bartender brought over Salem's food- a steaming bowl of greenish-grey, slimey-looking noodles that seemed to be quivering in the bowl- along with a tray of drinks, which he passed out to everyone at the table. Al's drink smelled slightly toxic, and looked a bit like boiling mud, whereas the one in front of Salem was identical to the one the bartender had given Trey minutes before. Salem looked at the bowl, almost regretting letting the bartender choose his food, before he shrugged, picked up his fork, and took a bite. It wasn't as bad as he'd expected.

"So," he said, finishing off his first bite and looking at Rayker, "you guys have names?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11674 on: November 15, 2010, 02:04:49 AM »
Rayker blinked. Doh. "I'm sorry... I'm Sergeant Rayker, and this is Corporal Jackson. We are here to... take care of an unpaid debt. He took a sip of his coffee. "Whoo, boy! That ol' guy there sure makes it strong!" He turned and gave a thumbs up to the bartender, who probably didn't notice. Jackson chuckled slightly. "This sure is one crazy place here. I don't think I recognize any of the non-human creatures here. I swear I saw a minotaur earlier...."

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #11675 on: November 15, 2010, 02:28:36 AM »
Salem ****ed his head at Rayker's comment, then laughed in spite of himself. It seemed these two were used to looking at the world from a very different perspective than he was. "I don't actually know what a minotaur is, but yeah, there are a lot of species I'm unfamiliar with around here."

"How can you not know what a minotaur is? It's human mythology. Does anybody study ancient cultures anymore?" Al muttered.

Salem ignored Al's comment. "The thing that keeps surprising me around here is how many humans I've been running into. Not used to this. Are you guys actually human? Or are you human-Yeerks?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #11676 on: November 15, 2010, 08:52:55 AM »
"Asda's a doctor," Gaz said, "she'll help take a look."

Asda was at Fletcher's side with her bag in an instant, trying to ignore the pain emanating from her broken wrist. She pulled out her portable scanner and ran it over Fletcher.

"Well?" Andromeda asked. "Tell me there's something you can do!"

After a long moment, Asda shook her head. "I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do."

"But he was ok before," Gaz pointed out. "He'll be ok again, right?"

"I'm not sure what happened before," Asda said, "but there's nothing to be done now. His artificial heart is fried. I'm sorry, but he really is gone now."

(Yep. Poor Fletcher really did bite the dust this time. As the Munchkin coroner would say "he's really most sincerely dead.")

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11677 on: November 15, 2010, 08:53:53 AM »
((Sorry I've been quite a bit delayed, guys. Though you seem to be quite busy on your own. :P But at least there are people in the Bar. ^___^ ))

As Mar walks back in the direction of the Bar, lost in his thoughts, a shudder suddenly runs up and down his body. Mar glances around warily as the news appears in his mind: Ossanlin is about to die. But before Mar can turn around and ready himself for what may come, the feeling fades. Mar scratches his head trying to figure out what happened, but eventually smiles. Someone must have saved Ossanlin again.

Still...Mar murmurs as he reaches the Bar's saloon doors. ...we're getting too close for comfort. The longer we all stay here, the less I like this place. A drink or two may settle my nerves. When Mar enters the Bar, he notes that a gathering of strange soldiers and Ossanlin's aggressor are present in the Bar.

Mar growls and takes on a more familiar high, cold tone as he approaches Salem. "I remember you. Why, exactly, did you attempt to wound War-Prince Ossanlin in the earlier fights?"

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #11678 on: November 15, 2010, 10:16:43 AM »
(Aww...bye Fletcher...)

Silver had still been out of it as they came back into the shuttle. She had been sitting on the floor leaning on the wall. She was fighting to stay awake and when she opened her eyes she seen Dedmond poi ting the gun at her. As a reflex she raised her arms to block the fire though knew it wouldmt do any good and waited foe the strike. It never came. She opened her eyes and seen Fletcher on the floor in front of her. Asda said there was nothing she could do. Twice. He had saved her life twice now...

Though she was weak and tired she glaref daggers at Desmond as her rage flourished. Though only illusions, flames began to rise and sway around her as she was infuriated, still not knowing who Desmond realy was.

(She wasn't there to hear that Desmond is her granddad.)
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #11679 on: November 15, 2010, 10:26:21 AM »
Vogefak
––––––––

John replied quicker than I could. We had an Antimatter laser on board, but that would just increase the rivalry. Most all antimatter weaponry was slow and less efficient than most. Ours was a pure antiproton beam. Could rip through planets. But, I knew Fenebok didn't know about it. It was  a recent invention.

"Fenebok, please listen to him. There is nothing that discussion cannot prevent. Be honorable brother. If the Reptilinod Military council finds I am still alive, and I testify against you, all the honor you have will be stripped. You will be returned to a lowly Lieutenant. Your life's work, forgotten. People will mock you as the man who tried to destroy destiny. I wish for you to achieve greater prosperity than that!" I said.

––––––––
Fenebok
––––––––

The arrogant John human threatened to destroy me with an antimatter detonation. I was on the edge of my all to gracious patience. Then Vogefak spoke...

"Fenebok, please listen to him. There is nothing that discussion cannot prevent. Be honorable brother. If the Reptilinod Military council finds I am still alive, and I testify against you, all the honor you have will be stripped. You will be returned to a lowly Lieutenant. Your life's work, forgotten. People will mock you as the man who tried to destroy destiny. I wish for you to achieve greater prosperity than that!" He pleaded.

"Hahahaha! Then I will simply rid myself of the greatest thorn in my side since I was born!!! You!"

I accessed the tactical terminal from the Ops console. I polarized the EMAP cannons, and charged the Phase'r arrays. I logged the Electron Torpedo bays to the brim.

I fired.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:58:28 PM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11680 on: November 15, 2010, 11:12:46 AM »
Temrash finished melding with Desmond's brain and took control of his body. He had heard that Fletcher was truly gone this time, and wasn't taking it well.

"Damn. That's the second person in my custody that's killed an ally!" He said. Though it may sound weird for him to talk about fletcher while in desmond's body. Most of the people in this room were unfamiliar with Yeerks, and might think he was still just Desmond. "Ok. I know this may sound weird to some, but just keep in mind that Desmond is no longer in control of his body." He said with Desmond's mouth. "I seriously need to reevaluate myself when this kind of thing happens twice in one day." He said, pointing at Fletcher.

Sukohn's eyes widened when Ossanlin roused and tried to have another go at him, and he scooted away. He knew things were certainly about to get worse when he finished his morph, though he didn't immediately shop Cody's head off.

<I am gald you are safe, Prince Ossanlin.> Claxter said. <And you! You!!> He yelled at Sukohn, approaching him with tail arced and ready. <I was already in trouble from something before, and then you go and do this! What were you even thinking!?>

"Hate to break it to you kid, but we're in a war. I was thinking that getting rid of the Prince and taking her with me would do well for the Empire." He said, looking at Tamora. "Though I'm not sure how you went from aiming a dracon to a tied up rebel, to being infested. Anyway, the good Prince was willing to kill Myitt to make sure Tamora didn't leave. This after showing he seemed to care very much for her safety."

<Give me one good reason not to kill you right now!?>

"Because you're nice?"

<Nice? Nice got me into this! If I had been the kind of Warrior I was supposed t be, this wouldn't have happened! Nice is over!> He said, half hysterically, and pulled out his shredder on the highest setting. He shot Sukohn, vaporizing him on the spot.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #11681 on: November 15, 2010, 11:17:21 AM »
Silver wasn't hearing anything.....feelin g anything....she just sat there glaring at Desmonds face seethingly. The flames around her began to grow a little bigger with her rage, enveloping her in the illusion.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11682 on: November 15, 2010, 11:25:09 AM »
Jagill jumped between Temrash and Silver. "You remember this is Temrash now? Yes?" He said.

"Please don't hurt this body while I am in it, Silver. Morgan. Lennan." Temrash said with Desmond's voice. He was looking through Desmond's memories, keeping tight control over his motor functions and ignoring any insults or threats he might have to say.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #11683 on: November 15, 2010, 11:42:20 AM »
Ossanlin gives Terenia..no Tamora...but really Myitt...a confused glance.  "You've infested Tamora?"  Ossanlin speaks in Galard, practicing his vocalizations of the trade language.  "Why?"

Due to the lack of roving stalk eyes, Ossanlin misses Claxter pulling the shredder and turns just in time to see red-hot motes floating where Sukohn and Cody had been.  He hisses a bit, finding it hard to be upset by his destruction.  Finally he turns his eyes on Claxter.  <You should not have done that Claxter, he was more or less helpless.  It's one thing to kill in battle, another entirely to kill in cold blood.  I'm interested in how he escaped your custody to cause all of this trouble in the first place...>  Ossanlin hisses again.  <You cannot allow your anger to dominate your actions in battle...it is the quickest way to an early death.  I will officially reprimand you and you will suffer consequences when we return to the Tyrennian.  You will also be considered for demotion due to your actions.>

Ossanlin walks to the main console where his ARC is still connected to the main computer.  He inputs a few holographic key-sequences and commands the lockdown to terminate.  The yellow lights in the ship turn to sterile white and the doors unlock.  Ossanlin commands the shields offline and undocks his ARC, placing it back in his battle harness.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11684 on: November 15, 2010, 11:48:48 AM »
<He escaped my custody because I was being lenient, sir.> Claxter said, unsurprised by Ossanlin talking about reprimand and demotion. <He almost killed you. Any Andalite would have executed him anyway. Though...it did seem he was attacking you just to protect the Human.> He said, beginning to regret killing a Yeerk that didn't really seem evil. No. He would not regret! He would not go back on his actions! Being lenient towards an enemy was wrong, and he was the enemy.

Ani-Master 2014!