Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333444 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #11610 on: November 11, 2010, 10:04:58 PM »
((We just started it, Luke ;) ))

Myitt shakes her head.  "I can get the basics of the user interface, of course," she says quietly, sliding smooth and more advanced icons around in thin air.  "Can you help me translate, Claxter?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11611 on: November 11, 2010, 10:12:29 PM »
<Of course.> Claxter looked at the screen, and described any images that he thought would be relevant. Also anything else she might want to know. Hopefully between the two of them they would be able to utilize the device and get inside the ship. The device also would respond best to thought speech for any needed voice commands.

Ani-Master 2014!

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11612 on: November 11, 2010, 10:31:29 PM »
"Oh, good. You got him." said Lennan, who then suddenly reappeared in front of the raiding party. "We should have joined you a long time ago..." His expression was flat and hard. His voice conveyed an intense hostility, a overpowering passion that had finally come to a peak. He would have shot him then and there, but that wouldn't be fair justice. He deserved far worse than a quick painless death.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11613 on: November 11, 2010, 10:35:15 PM »
Temrash didn't like the expression on Lennan's face. It seemed like barely controlled rage, and Temrash still didn't trust the guy one hundred percent. "You may be able to talk to Gaz and the others later about joining their side. For now, let's make sure everyone is PRESENT before leaving, and get out of here." He said, referencing the time when they accidentally left Fletcher.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #11614 on: November 11, 2010, 10:36:25 PM »
Tora looks at Corliss rather sharply. "Reven spoke with her?" She watches them with an unreadable expression before smiling rather toothily. "Well, I suppose this means I do not need to inform him I will be unable to meet with him in two hours, as I had originally reported. I will contact the base to inform them that I am safe, thanks to you, Corliss."

Her eagerness to return home is revealed as she wrings her hands; she wants to download all she has learned today on someone and, although Reven is her first instinct, she knows that is probably not the best idea. The feeling, she knows, will go away in time. She will just remain quiet, as usual.
Aluminator's RAFsister

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11615 on: November 11, 2010, 11:37:21 PM »
Later? Lennan was pretty sure that the squad wouldn't officially join this group permanently... their one goal was to stop Desmond from ripping lives apart. Ever. Again. But now they had him.... the concept of 'after' was confusing.

"I don't believe the young lady will be able to hide our presence from Desmond's ship on our return trip. That will make things difficult."

"Um... Sarge? We don't have a ship." Jackson said. There was so much going on in this crazy place. People were constantly entering and exiting the bar, there was a ship with people on it off to one side (how many, he wasn't sure)... and there was a lady and a man (he assumed they were people) standing in the grass not far away. They seemed to be breaking up. Yeah, crazy place..., he thought. He swore he heard something about a ship in there. That could be useful information. Jackson ****ed his head towards the duo, hoping Rayker would catch on.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11616 on: November 11, 2010, 11:47:41 PM »
"You're right, Lennan. Silver won't be able to cover our escape. That could be a problem, and I doubt the crew would overlook it."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11617 on: November 12, 2010, 12:31:19 AM »
Mar nods and turns his head toward the Bar. His thoughts are distant. He's become too caught up in this backwater place and is beginning to forget why he came. The best thing he can do is back off from sweet Elayne. He can pick her up later.

"...Yes..." he says finally. "...I will go to the Bar to relax and meet with the others. They might be able to explain what's wrong with Ossanlin, and what's wrong with the Bar itself. Remember that I adore you."

Mar then turns around and begins wandering toward his destination. He's not flying this time. It's easier to walk, after all.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #11618 on: November 12, 2010, 08:45:47 AM »
Elayne bites her lip as Mar walks off, her cheeks red. Shoving her hands in her pockets, she turns the other way, heading back towards her ship. She does not bother to pick up her feet, and gravel scatters with nearly every step she takes. Oh, stop sulking, she berates herself, straightening her back and tossing her head to move her hair behind her shoulders.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #11619 on: November 12, 2010, 08:50:32 AM »
"We got everyone this time," Gaz said as she supported Fletcher, who was heavier than he looked. "Fletch here won't be trying any heroics today."

Gaz started back to the shuttle as quickly as she could. One arm under Fletcher, the other holding her weapon.

"The ship is waiting to defend itself if it has to," Gaz said, "I also gave instructions to the couple of crew members on the Pride to see that a virus was sent to wipe the CG ship's memory bank so they won't be able to find this place once their back in their own 'verse."

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11620 on: November 12, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »
Lennan didn't like the idea of letting the ship go. So what if it couldn't find this little asteroid again? The only people here were either trying to hide or were on their way elsewhere. Besides, Desmond had used many other cross-dimensional gateways before to wreck havoc on the worlds. Losing access to this one wouldn't stop the CG, though losing Desmond would be quite a setback for them. Sergeant Rayker would know what to do....

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #11621 on: November 12, 2010, 11:07:54 AM »
Vogefak

When Vogefak awakes from his stupor, he sees more people have arrived at the bar. He wants to talk to someone about his miserable day. But he feels uncomfortable.

Finally, he sits at a booth, and waits for someone to notice his pain. It is childish, he realizes. But, it is the only way he can think of starting a conversation.

–––––––––––

Fenebok

Fenebok sits in the command chair. He has not sat here since he joined his brothers ship. It was a difficult position to be in. As the older brother, protocol demanded he get respect. But they were both officers in the Reptilinod Military Force. His brother outranked him. That position claimed deference. Neither Fenebok, or Vogefak could ever come to any agreement in that regard. They fought when they weren't in battle. Once, Serelav, Vogefak's old partner, suggested they both be on even ground. Fenebok refused. He believed that family took greater importance than his occupation. Vogefak  disagreed. He stated that Honor was the greatest achievement, and you could not get honor flavoring your brother's ale.

Fenebok still held strong to his belief. Of course....

Post Merged: November 12, 2010, 04:11:12 PM
Fenebok

Fenebok decided what he was going to do. It would solve their hierarchy problem, and favor him. It would be glorious!! He would tell the tale of bettle between him and his enemies. The honorable death of his brother in battle. He would be given the glory given to his brother. Someday he would come back for him. But for now, he was going to gain the edge over his brother.

He walked forward to the conn terminal. He pressed the key that would have passed for 'ON' in a human ship. He entered his DNA code. ~VALID~ read the computer.

He lifted off.

––––––––

Vogefak

Vogefak heard a faint rumbling sound. He looked up, past the doorway. A faint blur of yellow...yellow!? The ship was yellow!!! IT COULDN'T BE!

Vogefak ran out and looked up. "FENEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!!" he screamed futilely, "THAT'S MY SHIP!!!"  He ran after him, although the RISS Serelav was going up and away. There was no way he would catch it.

He collapsed to his knees. Trapped. His own brother. He didn't know Fenebok's anger issues were this bad. He would never have allowed Fenebok on his ship if he had. Even so, Fenebok was being dishonorable. Vogefak was rank 6: Captain. Fenebok was rank 4: Warrior. He couldn't take his ship. Unless...

Vogefak understood Fenebok's motives suddenly, like a ton of bricks it fell.

He burst into the Bar in a blind fury. He didn't care who heard him. Didn't care who answered him. He just needed help!

"Somebody! Anybody! Does anyone have a ship!? I need a ship!! PLEASE! Help me!!!"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:12:54 PM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #11622 on: November 12, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »
I turned when the alien came yelling into the bar. As did John. " I've got a ship. 'You in a hurry? Follow me?" We head out the the doors at a quick walk and waited at the Traveler for the alien. When he followed we opened the hatch and went inside. We powered up the engines and weapon systems.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #11623 on: November 13, 2010, 10:24:15 AM »
"Ah," Terenia says mildly to Tora's explanation of her clothing. She does not sound entirely convinced, but smooths out the frown on her face nevertheless when Tora reacts so strangely to Corliss' mention of her conversation with Reven.

"I look forward to working with you," Terenia says mildly, before turning back to Corliss and asking pointedly, "I assume the liquid grass stores are for the other Andalite that has joined your group. The one you mentioned earlier, right? He's not like...most Andalites, is he?" She asks, shifting slightly. "I mean, he couldn't be, since he's with you and all...but...my track record isn't the greatest with Andalites."

---

<Of course we are different,> Tamora says dismissively, <She is insane. She is a murderer and an abandoner and does not understand the concept of keeping her word. She enjoys the pain of others. I am none of these things.>

---

Back in the bar, Trey has found several curious rooms, but nothing that will prove to be helpful to him. After jiggling the handle of a locked door briefly he sighs in defeat and wanders back out into the main hallway. Squinting through the relative gloom of the bar he notices that the crowd seems to have shifted somewhat. Numerous unfamiliar entities have joined them, a fact that instantly makes Trey want to retreat back into the darkness. He pushes his instincts aside, however, and goes to sit at the bar, requesting a water.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:26:22 AM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #11624 on: November 13, 2010, 11:25:30 AM »
"All right," Myitt exhales, tapping at the holoscreen.  "This may very well not work, because I have only very little experience with this kind of encryption.  Claxter, would you please tell the computer to open the exterior hatch?  Specifically, tell this little computer device."

While she waits, she replies to her new host.  Tara paces nearby, anxiously, wondering why Myitt is spending so much time in the body of the paranoid jerk who shot them.

<You might be interested to know that I have now seen the vast majority of both your memories and Terenia's,> Myitt replies to Tamora.  <And I really think you both have quite a few misconceptions about each other.  Perhaps I will show you.> 

She allows her own memories of the memory dump with Terenia, some images fuzzy and others as clear as if they were being relived, to seep into Tamora's consciousness.  Myitt dwells specifically on Terenia being trapped as an Andalite against her knowledge, and on the situation with their brother, Danny.  The memories aren't fun, but they are revealing.

---

Corliss blanches and looks up at Terenia. 

"Well, um, you see...the other Andalite is..."  He glances anxiously at Tora.  "Quite amenable to newcomers, as long as they are cooperative and remain supportive of our cause." 

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash