Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333447 times)

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #7770 on: March 16, 2010, 10:26:27 PM »
Upon finishing her story, Issid was surprised that Mar did not show more animosity towards her, but when he placed the series of images in her mind, she understood why: he was simply that much worse of a person. She felt almost sick at some of the things she saw. When she cleared her mind and her consciousness drifted to examine Elayne's, she found her host was feeling some amount of repulsion, but it was almost entirely overshadowed by compassion. She is hopeless, she marveled, but the thought did not carry her usual bite.

Issid took a slow breath, attempting infusing her own mind with Elayne's calm. "I have gotten used to having a human host, but I don't particularly care, so long as he or she has a body capable of performing precision mechanical work."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #7771 on: March 17, 2010, 06:14:49 AM »
Ossanlin smiles with his main eyes at Myitt, nodding.  <Well I suppose, but most Yeerk technology is built off of the same principles and basic designs as Andalite technology...Seerow and all.>  He looks over at the weapons station.  <If that's what you desire...I hope not to have to shoot anything...unless that Imperial is uncooperative.  The manual controls might be a bit dusty...but you're welcome to them.>

Ossanlin listens for a moment to Terenia and then nods again at Myitt.  <It might be best if she stays here, true.  But I don't like the idea of Zorish coming to the Bar.  Or any Imperial, especially one that works for Visser 3.  Oh well I suppose.  The matter at hand is much more pressing much as I hate to say it.>  He takes the Escafil facsimile from Myitt and sets it on a work-bench in the 'common-room' area.  He takes one more deep breath and broadcasts another thought broadband for Terenia to hear...

<I know more than you think, Terenia.  I'm a bit more than simply an Andalite.  I have other certain...abilities .  I am fairly certain that though Elayne comes from a different time, you and she come from the same Earth.  If Zorish takes the bait, as you were so certain he would, we will carry out the ambush ourselves without your input.  I should hope that you'll be around here when we come back with your sister since you profess this to be your singular goal in life.  And I should warn you, if you do decide to leave, and you manage to get past my Dome Ship...I know your energy signature Terenia, it is very unique, and I will be able to find you.  Remember, my most basic and rudimentary goal is to keep the Empire from having another morph-capable host.  If I must track you down, I shall assume you have chosen to serve Visser 3 loyally for an indeterminate amount of time.  And when I do catch up with you, I will give you the choice of being free or returning to Visser 3.  However, you will make that choice while no longer in possession of Efaen.>  Ossanlin shakes his head...ruthlessness had it's place, but he didn't like resorting to it.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #7772 on: March 17, 2010, 10:15:47 AM »
Terenia buzzes her wings nervously from the nape of Joanne's neck. The Andalite sounds so sure of his ability to track her down.

<<I am not losing you, Efaen,>> Terenia snarls, as though saying those words will make it come to fruition, <<he acts as if the morphing ability is the gift of God or something.>>

Terenia sighs and begins to pace uneasily along the length of Joanne's neck. As she jerkily insect-walks back and forth she decides to heed Keshin's orders that she does not talk to Ossanlin again.

<<He's wrong, you know,>> Terenia says, this time directing her private thought-speak to Keshin, <<I know for a fact that we are not from the same Earth. Energy signals or no energy signals.>>

She hesitates slightly, <<I left my Dracon beams and transponder back in the bar. If Zorish attempts to contact me, I will have no way of knowing.>>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Alic

« Reply #7773 on: March 17, 2010, 01:01:25 PM »
((So sorry.. Been exhausted.. Ill reply sometime today when I can squeeze a lunch in between the 1on1s with my agents.))

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #7774 on: March 17, 2010, 01:32:33 PM »
"Believe me," says Myitt, dusting off the manual controls, "I'd really rather not shoot anyone today, either.  And give Yeerkish ingenuity a little credit, huh?  We've had over twenty Generations to diverge from Andalite designs.  Even though...this does look an awful lot like my shipboard Dracon controls."  She clears her throat and fixes her attention on the holoscreen.

"I don't like the idea of Zorish showing up at the bar," she mutters.  "But I don't think we have much of a choice, not unless someone can drag Terenia on board." 

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #7775 on: March 17, 2010, 08:46:08 PM »
((Note to Locals: Some of my recent posts provide problems of their own. : ) Didn't want to, but it's the way the Bar falls. :D One: Do we want Keshin to escape with Terenia or not? What Keshin says here is pretty sound logic. So should somebody find him before he manages it, or not? Two: Separating Issid and Elayne into two people is something of a problem for Kitsune, as is providing a third person for me to deal with. Mar's reluctance to bring someone he knows into the Bar goes with how his character's developed here...but it's also my own. As a fairly decent Roleplayer, let's just say I have a really good reason for avoiding the subject altogether most of the time. As interesting as that would make things. XD So what should we do? Any ideas? ...........and I do hope we can return things to normal after problems are solved. :)  ))

Keshin wanders out of the Bar and begins to make the trek across the grass and dirt towards his ship. He never really understood how an asteroid had a lake and a sizable forest on it. He always chalked it up to one of the oddities of the Bar. All of a sudden Terenia's thought-speech intrudes upon his mind. Keshin frowns. <I wonder how she could possibly know that.>

<Hey, maybe the freaky chick has somethin' we don' know about. We should ask once we hit the ship.>

<No, we can't leave now. The others are leaving. We'll be seen as suspicious. Let's take a little detour.>

Keshin wanders off through the grass and then mutters quietly, "We can't leave until they're way gone. That way it'll take Ossanlin and company a little while to get back to us. And I seriously doubt his Dome ship can be programmed to fire on a particular aura. Only he can do that little trick."
*******************************************************************************************************************

Mar draws the circle around the small jewel on the non-palm side and brings up the screen again. He begins flipping through what seems to be a series of contacts, their names written in a language unknown to Elayne or Issid. Attempts to read it produce quick flashing images and some sort of word.   Most of this is designed for a native speaker, and thus a bit too fast. She’s bound to catch bits and pieces of it, though.  Mar then opens up another screen and begins typing out a series of words on a holographic typewriter.  So far Mar’s system is not too far removed from Yeerk technology, thankfully. Though what Mar himself is typing seems…odd,  and much clearer than whatever his respondent is saying.  It’s clear from Mar’s responses that his contact has not expected to hear from him, but that his contact will do what Mar asks.

Mar turns to Issid and states calmly, “It may take…a bit of time for your host to get here. He is coming through whatever method of transportation is native to his universe and world. And the Bar is a…” Mar chuckles a bit. “…notoriously difficult place to get to when you’re actually trying to get there. I had a lot of problems when I went to find my Precious that first time.  I assume that providing this will get you out of my hair until my friend fixes the timeline and you cease to bother Elayne at all? As I said, I do not want this to become an issue.”
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:06:48 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #7776 on: March 17, 2010, 11:22:10 PM »
((Here are the potential solutions I see for the Elayne/Issid situation:

1. Issid is 1.5 days from Kandrona starvation, so she could either not find Kandrona at the Bar or be locked up somewhere and starved.

2. Just as Elayne's timeline changed the moment Sukhon hit Z-space, we could have it change again the moment Ossanlin & company hit Z-space -- so long as we can guarantee that they'll be successful in stopping Sukhon.

Let me know if y'all have other ideas, or if any one of these sounds particularly compelling. I'm gonna hold off on posting til we have a direction.))
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #7777 on: March 17, 2010, 11:29:05 PM »
((Well, personally I would prefer it if Terenia stayed at the bar simply because if she successfully escapes than it would pull even more of the action away from the bar, and as much fun as the side missions are, it seems logical that SOMETHING would still be happening at the bar proper. So at least for the time being it would make more sense for her to stick around, as much as she is not going to like that. :) ))

Alic

« Reply #7778 on: March 18, 2010, 02:28:03 AM »
((Ok lied could not reply earlier. No lunch for me. Almost home though))

Post Merged: March 18, 2010, 04:56:45 AM
((I can't think right now to give any input. I had a hard enough time coming up with anything for myself. I'm running off 12 hrs of work 2 hrs of gym.. Gotta be up in 3 hours... Bllaahhhh_))

Alic wrinkled her nose in frustration. She hadn't had much time to find Terenia, and was actually thankful she couldn't, but that's what she had been asked to do. <Yes, Ossanlin. I am coming back then.>
On her way out, Alic went to the closet that she had thrown her shoes and grabbed the backpack she had left in there. She grabbed a bottle of her favorite and shoved it in the bag.
No, Jager, you would not be forgotten..
Alic threw the backpack over one shoulder and put her other arm through the remaining strap. Ignoring Terenia's remarks she walked back to the Mirage.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:56:45 AM by Patty »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #7779 on: March 18, 2010, 06:52:37 AM »
(I am assuming they will successfully stop Sukohn, but i will try to get him as far as reasonably possible. afterall, we want this to be interesting and realistic. BTW, do you think he makes a good affably evil villain? In case you don't know, you can check it out at TV tropes. Basically, someone who's pleasant and polite, but whose goals are still villainous.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #7780 on: March 18, 2010, 01:18:30 PM »
((Okay, so, umm... I'm thinking of posting here... I just decided to do so when I have no time. :P So... I will when I get back.))

Post Merged: March 18, 2010, 03:00:11 PM
((Okay... for starters... XD))

A young woman, in about her early twenties, opened the door and peered into the bar. She stood there for a minute, contemplating going in, contemplating going out.

Genie was starting to get annoyed. <It's not going to bite you, P.>

Priton frowned but finally opened the door wide and stepped inside. <Satisfied?>

<Yes, thank you.>

Priton approached the bar, flagging down the bartender. "Whiskey." Genie made a disgruntled sound. Priton rolled his eyes. "And a coke."

((Pssh. I had a better intro post... which I've forgotten. But... in case it gets confusing: Priton = Yeerk. Genie = Host. And yes, Priton is "male."))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 03:00:11 PM by Genies9 »

Johnny Xtreme

« Reply #7781 on: March 18, 2010, 05:26:09 PM »
He stepped out of his ship, looked around, and took a deep breath. He had heard of this place in his previous travels, but never thought he would have need to go there. However circumstances had changed and the Galaxy Edge Space Bar was his only option. He walked in and mentally noted the different beings present and proceeded to the bar. He took a stool at the end where his back was positioned against the wall and had a view of the entire place. His physique resembled human however his clothing prevented further comparison.

He wore black boots that were made of an unknown material that resembled soft leather, one of which he placed on a low chair and positioned to point at the door. He wore a long trench coat that was a dark green in color and was made of a heavier material than his boots and was currently unfastened and slightly open. His shirt and pants seemed to be made of the same material as his boots and the same color as his coat. His face was hidden behind a mask made of that same soft leather-like material. His eyes were covered by a visor of some sort though was as mysterious as the person himself. His hair was the color of blood and ran to mid-back, bound in a ponytail with what looked like a chain.

He looked to his left at the bartender and said in Gallard “Do you know how to mix a Reln Blizzard?” The bartender glared at him for a second, then proceeded to mix the strange and potent drink and handed it to him. The glass was filled with a thick liquid as blue as glacial ice and topped with a foam as red as a sun. He picked up his drink, leaned back against the wall and took one last survey of the place. “Luck will most certainly favor me now. I know it.” He thought to himself as he began to drink.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #7782 on: March 18, 2010, 06:00:35 PM »
Priton sat at the bar, alternately drinking his whiskey and Genie's coke, trying to figure out what he was going to do. His plans, such as they were, so far had been to fly around indefinitely--or until Genie finally got fed up with him. Or until it was safe to go home. Whatever came first.

He glanced down the bar when the newcomer sat down, vaguely curious. Priton ****ed an eyebrow at the drink, but said nothing.

<Take a picture, it'll last longer,> Genie said.

<Don't be disgusting.> His lips twitched, though with her amusement or his, it was hard to tell. Priton turned back to his drink.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #7783 on: March 18, 2010, 07:34:12 PM »
((Hey, welcome to the GESB Johnny and Steph!  :D))

Myitt turns to Alic as her friend clip clops back into the Mirage's cabin. 

"I'll take that as a 'we couldn't drag Terenia back on board', shall I?" she says flatly.  "Unless she's hiding in your backpack."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #7784 on: March 18, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
<So what do we do in the meantime?> Terenia asks Keshin, buzzing her wings irritably, <I'm about ready to get off this rock, you know? Thanks for helping us, by the way. I'd be dead meat without you.>

<<Us?>> Efaen asks Terenia, surprise in her thought-speak. Terenia immediately feels awkward, noticing her slip-up, although she doubts Keshin will notice or even care.

<<You have never referred to you and I jointly before,>> Efaen continues, knowing that she has touched on a sensitive spot.

<<Be quiet,>> Terenia snaps, <<you know what I meant.>>

<<Yes, of course. You meant you, because you are an inherently selfish creature and no amount of prodding will allow you to admit that I am as entwined in your fate as you are. Certainly your experiences here could not have led to your feeling more selfless.>>

Terenia can sense that Efaen is mocking her and does not answer, save a low mental growl.