Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333550 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #6345 on: January 05, 2010, 08:51:08 PM »
"Hey Michael. Corliss in the pool I guess?"

"He's talking to terenia. I told them you were offering to help her out."

"Ok. I guess we'll get an answer soon enough. Michael, are you suffering head trauma? What happened?"

"Claxter whacked him when he tried to return Terenia to Efaen without her permission."

"I guess it's good your head is still attached to your torso then. Gotta watch out for those tails. Even I have trouble keeping up with one sometimes."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #6346 on: January 05, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »
Mike nods.  "Ugh.  Yeah, he's in the pool.  Tell me about it," he says sullenly.  "At least me 'ead's still attached."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #6347 on: January 05, 2010, 10:10:47 PM »
<<They'd never go for it,>> Terenia grumbles, but her next words are in public thought speak none-the-less.

<Okay, guys? I know you think I'm hijacking Efaen's freedom and all that jazz, but she really isn't as involuntary as you guys suspect. She just doesn't want to come off as a traitor and whatnot, which I'm sure you all-honorable Andalites can understand. You want proof, you can get one of your rebel Yeerks to go in her head and confirm as much. They'll only be in her for a few minutes, at most, and I reckon you trust them a hell of a lot more than you trust me.>

<<Yeah, they're gonna buy that,>> Terenia says sarcastically, returning to private thought-speak, <<I just don't understand Andalites. I don't think I ever will. They are so concerned with defending freedom...until it no longer suits their purposes. They didn't seem to have much an issue with you infesting that one guy an hour or two ago. Nor with him getting shot in the freaking head afterwords...>>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #6348 on: January 05, 2010, 10:20:04 PM »
Myitt's eyes widen.  She shakes her head.  "Oh, no.  I don't want any part of this."  She glances at the Andalites, particularly her old friends, Alic and Ossanlin.  "I don't know how me going into her head against her will is going to change any of this.  She's a bigot.  So maybe she doesn't mind being a Controller as much as she says.  So what?  I doubt you guys will believe Terenia any more than you do now, if you're so set against her."

<I wonder what they're saying,> Corliss wonders idly.  <Only a few of them will be able to tell which one of us is which, anyway, so either Myitt helps me get into Efaen's head, or she volunteers for it.>  He sighs.  <Andalites will always be a confusing people, to me, but I suppose I can understand their extreme paranoia.  Yeerks tend to treat them rather poorly, and vice versa.  It's unfortunate.>

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #6349 on: January 05, 2010, 10:23:18 PM »
<<Just as unfortunate as them trying to ruin my life for something they have no business messing with?>> Terenia asks huffily, <<look, maybe we can work something out. A deal of sorts. I mean...I'm not exactly in a position of power, but I am around Visser Three quite a lot. I hear things, long before quite a few of his subordinates do. If we could figure out something safe I could relay information back to you guys in the rebellion, or even to the Andalites, if that would soften them up on me at all.>>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #6350 on: January 05, 2010, 10:28:43 PM »
"I still think we should ask her if she'd be willing to becomea male nothlit to escape Visser Three before declaring that she just needs to be a controller." Zoshonel said.

"Where is she?"

"Outside with Claxter. Unconscious because she went all hostile. Poor thing got stunned twice, and now Claxter is outside Ossanlin's ship wiating to take her to get some drug into her to make her nonaggressive. Also some stimulant to wake her up."

"Right. I could go inside her head and see what's what. Is Corliss tellin her about my offer yet?"

"I don't know exactly what he's saying."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #6351 on: January 05, 2010, 10:42:23 PM »
((Corliss doesn't know that the offer is definite yet, so he's not going to mention it yet.))

<That could work, if you were able to get the Andalites to trust that you weren't feeding them misinformation,> says Corliss.  <The same goes for the rebellion, I'm afraid.  We're a terribly paranoid group, are we not?>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #6352 on: January 05, 2010, 11:22:44 PM »
"I will make the offer myself." Temrash said. He sat Jagill down and disengaged to enter the small pool.

<Hello. Sorry for the unceremoneous entrance. Terenia, I am Temrash. I've heard quite a bit about you, and I'd like to help you. You see, I have connections within the Empire that could help you transfer Zorish and your sister. Of course you don't have to say yes. You seem to be the type that doesn't like others butting into your business, and that's fine. However, my friend Zoshonel let you into his head and there's a chance you know things about me that I would rather you didn't. I can do this for you in exchance for you forgetting what you may have seen in his head."

"As for Efaen, I doubt you'll be able to pry her away from the Andalites. That's a whole other problem right there. Ever since I left the Empire I've made it my goal to help my people. Even though you weren't born a Yeerk, you are one now, and you have all the problems that come along with it. I'm just making an offer which you can take or refuse. It's up to you, Terenia.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #6353 on: January 06, 2010, 01:04:33 AM »
<Okay, this is uncomfortable,> says Corliss, practically on top of the other two Yeerks in the small tupperware container.

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #6354 on: January 06, 2010, 06:57:19 AM »
((Sorry about the delay guys...RL butting in on RAF time again.  :p ))

Ossanlin shakes his head, nearly disgusted with the situation.  He doesn't respond to Terenia, but he looks at Myitt, speaking in open thought-speech.  <I can understand if you're confused, yet you supported Corliss' decision to involuntarily reinfest Efaen without warning and without saying anything.  I trust you Myitt, you're probably my closest friend, certainly one of my oldest friends at the least.  You saved me from a life of Yeerk servitude once, I can't begin to thank you enough.  But I will not allow Efaen to be reinfested without her permission, it is that simple.  If she gives her permission without duress, and we have a way to track Efaen's location after reinfestation, then we can begin talking about plans.  It all hinges on her decision though.>

Ossanlin swished his tail, the room still getting to him.  He shoots a quick, dangerous look at the small container with Terenia, Corliss, and Temrash in it, then looks up to Michael.  <I do apologize for the headache Michael, I will bring a pain-supressor back to help with your head.> He turns and trots out the door after Claxter.  He gallops to the Mirage a few hundred feet from the bar and sees Claxter waiting patiently.  <I apologize Warrior, I had to finish conversing before leaving.>  Ossanlin commands the Mirage's main hatch to open and a line appears along the silver hull of the sting-ray shaped ship, slowly widening as the entrance ramp lowers almost silently.  He walks up into the cream-white interior of the ship, everything appearing pristine.  He turns and nods to Claxter.  <Please bring her aboard, the small medbay is just up here.>

Ossanlin turns again into the ship and turns into a small side room with an elasticized support harness and various small machines, as well as some sealed cabinets to one side.  He opens one of the cabinets and checks the phials until he locates the correct ones, and pulls them out.  He loads the phial of pseudraphine into the jet-gun and dials in a dose for a female around the size of Efaen.  He sets the other phial of synthetic epinephrine on the small work-bench in the room, and waits for Claxter to bring Efaen in.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:05:01 AM by Ossanlin »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #6355 on: January 06, 2010, 09:41:40 AM »
Myitt watches Ossanlin step outside with a sinking feeling.  Yes, but Ossanlin, I barely had time to do or say anything, she thinks miserably, and I'm sorry, you know how I feel about involuntary infestation, but I trust my brother's judgement, even if it does seem completely insane. 

<Too bad he can't read your mind, huh?> Tara says slyly.

Mike looks over as Ossanlin leaves.  "Thanks, mate," he calls, turning back.  "Some bloody paracetamol would be fine, I think," he murmurs to himself.

Myitt reaches over and pats Mike on the shoulder.  "We're glad you're okay, Mikey," she says quietly.

"I'll be okay once I get some bleeding painkillers," says Mike with a small smile.

In the pool, Corliss slides out of the way, squished up against one of the plastic walls of the little tub. 

<Hello, Temrash,> he says finally.  <What's the verdict, Terenia?>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #6356 on: January 06, 2010, 10:19:18 AM »
"Oss is mad." Jagill said.

"He's definitely not happy, that's for sure." Zoshonel said.

<Hey Corliss. Sorry I wasn't here to make sure you didn't get your head sliced off. You want me to rough this Claxter boy up a bit for you? It is kind of cramped in here. Maybe I should make my exit so you guys have more room. I don't need to be in here.>

Temrash communicated for Jagill to let him up, and was taken out. Terenia could give her answer in thought speak after making her choice.

Claxter followed Oss into the medbay and set her down. <Will we be keeping her in here where it is safer, My Prince?>
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:22:46 AM by Chad28 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #6357 on: January 06, 2010, 10:23:50 AM »
<No, there is no need,> says Corliss, <Claxter was only doing what he thought was right.>

He feels the pool surface slosh around as Jagill retrieves Temrash.  Corliss stretches a bit, glad to have some space. 

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #6358 on: January 06, 2010, 11:19:42 AM »
((hey guys, thought i'd try out the infamous GESB :D ))

Elayne's jaw relaxed for a brief moment as she saw light flicker off the hulls of several ships clustered around a decrepit building ahead. Finally, she thought with relief, some semblance of civilization. But then she tensed again almost immediately at the prospect of actually landing the craft in which she was currently seated. "That is, landing it without destroying everything in sight," she amended, her voice sounding flat in the empty c.ockpit. "This sucker'll land, most definitely. The question is if it'll land with me still alive inside."

She began guiding the small ship to a patch of empty, flat ground near the building. Her tight grip on the controls was doing nothing to stop its jerky motions, but when the entire craft began to shudder violently, her blue eyes darted to a light that had suddenly begun to blink frenetically to her right. "Okay," she whispered, one hand diverted to the new set of controls. "Thrusters should be powering down...." She slowly pulled the most prominent lever down and, mercifully, the ship's shaking stopped. Relying on the cameras' visual feedback, she managed to land; the left legs touched down first, which made the craft wobble precariously, but then the right legs slammed into the ground, causing the floor to be finally parallel with the horizon.

Elayne remained trembling in her seat as she powered down the ship. Although her body was freezing, her forehead was covered in sweat, a revelation that caused her fear to be swallowed with embarrassment. Unclasping the safety belt and standing, she kicked the seat's base with a growl. "I am not a pilot," she glowered at the body of the human man slumped in the corner. "What the heck were you thinking, dying in mid-flight with no one else but a mechanic on board, huh?" she demanded, and stalked out of the ship and towards the building.

Flicking her dark hair over her shoulder, she pushed open the door and strode in. A bar, she realized in relief, and headed straight towards the bartender, noting little else. If ever I needed a drink, it was now, she thought and ordered a stiff one. Only after half her mug had been drained did she start to examine her surroundings.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 01:25:58 PM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #6359 on: January 06, 2010, 11:41:51 AM »
((Yay!  Welcome to the bar, Marie!  I get the impression you're gonna like it here :P  You probably already know, but here's a description of my current bar characters:
[spoiler]Myitt and Mike both look like 20-something humans, both Caucasian and not very heavy.  As if they'd been living on a diet of beer and cabbage soup.  Myitt is sort of ratty looking, like she's wearing stuff from the dumpster of a Hot Topic and hasn't brushed her brown, frizzy hair in a while.  Torn jeans, army boots, a green shirt that says something about cow tipping in Wisconsin, at the moment.  Brown eyes.  She's from North America somewhere, maybe New York or New England or Chicago, from the way she talks.  The sleeves of her trenchy jacket are rolled up, because both her arms are bandaged--the right one more than the left.  Mike/Corliss (the latter is a Yeerk, in a small tupperware pool at the moment) is from the outskirts of Liverpool and currently has a few bruises, he's wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt, and sneakers.  Black hair, blue eyes, taller than Myitt.[/spoiler]))

Myitt puts her Dracon away, then squints at the human--or at least, human-looking--woman as the newcomer steps up to the bar, ordering a big mug of something and downing it unhealthily fast. 

Distracted as she was by the situation with Terenia, Myitt nevertheless feels the unnerving edge of paranoia creep up on her.  New people always freaked her out.

<Will you calm down?> her host, Tara, snaps.

<No,> Myitt replies curtly, and she scoots down a bit toward where Elayne is sitting.  The buttons on her black jacket scrape loudly against the different bar seats.  Mike barely notices, his attention still pinned on his aching head.  The broad side of an Andalite tail blade will do that sort of thing to a man.

Myitt folds her hands and grins at Elaine. 

"Hi," she says behind the grin.  "Haven't seen you around here before.  My name is Myitt."  She offers her right hand, covered in a black cutoff glove and up to the wrist in bandages.