Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333078 times)

Offline Machine

Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 06:42:45 PM »
He shrugs and finishes his walk over to the bar, taking a stool right in the front and center.

"A'course, what I mean is it's nice to see everyone, it's been so long, blah blah blah."

"Hey bartender, pour me a glass of something strong enough to kill my liver but not strong enough to make me blind, at least not immediately.  And put it on my tab--in 11 years of coming here I haven't paid you nothing and I'm not gonna start now."

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »
The bartender sighs and pours Neimad something black.  Tendrils of smoke rise from it.

Myitt glances left to right.  "Oh, Jesus.  Did I miss the memo?  I just wanted a drink, I didn't expect a damned reunion."  She rests her head on an arm.  "We're going to scare away these delightful people whom I don't know."

The bartender floats between patrons.  If he's surprised at the sudden activity, he doesn't seem very excited about it.

Something in the freezer thumps the side and growls, and he lightly kicks the big metal door to shut it...or them...up.  That's the height of his emotional output.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Machine

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 07:03:15 PM »
He raises his glass without turning around. "Hey Myitt." He then downs most of the glass in one swallow.

"Holy hell, that tastes like cancer. A few more glasses of this and I'll be dead by morning. Or whatever stands in for morning in this place."

"Also, I'm not a big fan of these new rules.  Back in the day I would have had this place tore up by now. Now I have to sit here and behave and keep my mouth in check. Things ain't like they used to be, that's for sure."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 07:06:36 PM »
"Thank goodness for small favors," Myitt mutters.  She nods at Ronny.  "Yeah, buddy, I didn't expect to see you here, either, to be honest.  But me?  I'm an alcoholic." She smiles and refills her glass.  "Yes, I know it's your liver," she intones cryptically. 

The bartender whips the glass out of Neimad's hand and refills it.  The stuff smells like pine needles, or maybe that's just the brain damage it's causing...

Offline Machine

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 07:10:23 PM »
Machine turns in his stool until he's facing Myitt, his glass in his hand.  He looks at her for a bit before intoning in an extremely sarcastic voice

"OH GEE I WONDER WHOEVER IT COULD BE YOU'RE TALKING TO."

He continues, "You know, except for the kid over there" he gestures to Yarin "I think we all pretty much know what you're talking about. But hey, thanks for playing and enjoy the show." 

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 07:14:55 PM »
"Myself," she says with a small smile.  "I am talking to...myself."

<Will you kindly shut up.>

<No.>

<Jerk.>

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 07:19:04 PM »
"I could just read your minds but I would rather you tell me what is happening" Yarin said curtly.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
"Nah," said Myitt, eyeing Yarin in the...eyes.  "See, we on the other hand can't read minds.  At least not ordinarily.  So what's your name, kid?"

<If he can read our minds, doesn't that mean we're royally-->

<Not necessarily.  Maybe he's a friend.>

<He looks like the love child of E.T. and Goro...>

<Racist.>

Offline Machine

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2009, 07:37:29 PM »
"Oh look, the furniture speaks."

He looks over at Myitt and tilts his head toward Yarin

"You know him? Or he just come with the property?"

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 07:38:02 PM »
"I am Yarin I am a Nyac perhaps you have heard of my home world of Nya we are the foremost experts on genetic engineering. superior to the Arn." Yarin said
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2009, 07:39:11 PM »
He looked at the two of them and then at the supposed mind reader.  "If you can read minds, what am I thinking right now.  If it's true than I've got some help I need."
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
 Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2009, 07:41:35 PM »
Breekan smiles playfuly at Yarin. "A mind reader? Fancy business! Is this 'better than the Arn' talk you're cooking up legitimate, or just a bit of intergalactic dickwaving?" He looks over at Acre. "What've you got on your plate, mister?"

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2009, 07:45:33 PM »
"Have you heard of the Benthos prime abomination I created that my species has also created nearly every plant and animal species on my planet, and you are thinking That I can not possibly be reading your mind and that the females in this room are very attractive." Yarin said

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2009, 07:46:35 PM »
"If I knew him, would I have asked him his name?" Myitt asks snarkily.  "Pleased to meetcha, Yarin, name's Myitt One-Nine-Five.  And Tara."  Myitt offers him a hand, hesitating before shaking the one on his lower right.  

She then looks over her shoulder, reaches over and hits Breekan on the back, careful not to smoosh his wings.  "Breek.  Come 'ere, you b*stard.  What're you drinking?"  She waves the bartender over.

The bartender plods over and pulls out the notepad expectantly, frowning.  

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2009, 07:50:09 PM »
"Myitt! I'd say you were a sight for sore eyes but I guess I'm not actually looking at you. Speaking of, hey there Tara. And I'm nearly done with my first white Russian, thanks for asking. What on earth- or off, as the case may be- have you been up to these days?"