Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333097 times)

Offline SubVisser46OTAM

Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)
« on: January 13, 2009, 09:43:54 PM »
((Upon the request of an old friend, I joined and started up the Space Bar from an old chat RP that some people were in years ago. Enjoy!  :D ))

A small, nearly forgotten hub sits in a secluded corner somewhere in the galaxy.

As it is approached, the old bar looks rather nondescript. It sits in a small field, a lake to one side, surrounded by woods. But even in such a remote location, it is somehow easy to find.

The worn log building shows years of wear from the elements. Moss clings to the wood, the door hinges are rusty, but somehow by some stroke of luck, the windows are all still intact.

Inside there's many tables and chairs, a couple of them broken, creaky, or a bit off balance. As always, there's a few in dark corners for those who prefer to lurk. There's a bar, fully stocked, and a kitchen in the back with an almost unending variety of food, somehow still good. Up near the ceiling there are rafters for those who like the aerial view. There's a thin layer of dust over nearly everything, and the building has a sad, neglected feel to it.

In its heyday it was a place where people of all species and sides gathered. To argue. To laugh. To make peace, or war. It was a place of love and hate. Battles were once sometimes waged here, evidence of that shown in the burn marks on some of the walls, and some tables and chairs shoved into a corner, beyond repair. But for many, it just offered a respite from the war that waged, a chance to come in, get away from it all, and enjoy a good drink, and possibly some good company.

Yes, the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar sits there, in its own little corner of the universe, waiting for people to one day return...

((Okay, so this is just a generic Animorphs rp setup. Player driven plot, no big storyline to follow. Rules? Play whatever you want! Yeerk, Andalite, Chee, Human, it doesn't matter. Use your imagination, and have fun! The Galaxy's Edge Space Bar is now open!))

GESB Danger Signs

You might be Doing It Wrong if...
1- Your characters interact with each other more than other players
2- You crack more bones than jokes
3- You tell us more about your wicked sweet armor or special space powers than you do about what kind of drinks you like, things you say, things you've done
4- You use video game/anime art to describe your character rather than words
5- u abuze teh 3nglish langwage- bad spelling, text speak, bad grammar, etc.
6- You tell people your attack hits rather than letting them tell you if it hit them
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 06:14:49 PM by goom »
Yes, that is a gun in my pocket.
    (But don't think I'm not happy to see you!)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 10:20:45 AM »
(what about original species lol you said play whatever you want.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 10:23:54 AM by Yarin »
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 04:19:17 PM »
((Yup!  Play anyone you'd think could (or would) show up at a bar in space.  And stay away from the player piano in the back...thanks for starting this thread Sub! ^__^))

The ground beneath the bar trembles faintly.  Not even enough to rattle the dusty bottles of booze behind the bar, of which there are many and of great variety. 

A sound like electric feedback, or static, reverberates behind the bar, and in a flicker of light a man appears behind the counter. 

He's not an old man, nor is he very young--his age is impossible to place.  He is pale, almost Caucasian but a little bit too unhealthily white for even that to be certain.  His black hair is neatly combed, and he brushes his eternally smudged apron.  In his apron chest pocket sits a small yellow lined notepad, the kind you flip the pages over on, and a single black clicky pen.  This man, if he really is a man, is entirely solid and made of apparently real flesh and bone--even though he just appeared out of thin air.  How odd...

His name is the bartender.  Just...the bartender.

The bartender sighs noiselessly, looking around the dusty bar, and picks up a glass tumbler.  He starts drying it with a dirty dishtowel, even though it's already dry.  Yes, business has been pretty slow these days.

((Just a note: anyone can co-play (or "Yeerk", har har) the bartender if you need to get a drink, no need to wait for me to hand one to you, but there are a few odd things to know about him.  First and foremost involves that notepad in his pocket ^^))
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 04:23:22 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 05:51:37 PM »
Yarin entered the bar, the young Nyac was on leave from his home world. He approached the bartender. "I would like a Nanander." he asked. His telepathy had been acting up and he knew the bright yellow drink would sooth his mind.
(I cant wait for some females to come in lol.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:56:33 PM by Yarin »
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 07:22:11 PM »
The bartender nodded, then pulled out the yellow notebook, opening it to a fresh page.  He scribbled two words in the language Yarin had used and showed the page to the traveler.

"Cash or tab?" was the equivalent of what the paper read. 

The bartender turned to the many dusty bottles and ran a finger along each one, walking to the other end of the bar.  He picked up a couple of bottles and poured them together.  The stench was horrible, like really strong vinegar, and the liquid turned bright yellow inside the glass.

He walked back to Yarin and handed him the drink, picking up another tumbler and drying it idly.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 07:35:42 PM »
"Here you are." Yarin said pulling out some small coins. three Lungars a Zarptar and four Bfera and handing to them to the bartender. Yarin looked around while he sipped his drink some sentiant lifelorms were coming in.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 10:18:42 PM »
A human female in her early 20's opens the door to the bar and glances inside. Almost immediately, she closes the door, stepping back out. She walks slowly around the perimeter of the building, pulling a small hand held device out of her pocket as she nears the front door again. She presses a combination of keys on the device and it emits a soft beep. She puts it back in her pocket and again opens the door, this time entering the bar.

She walks to the bar and sits down on the stool nearest the wall. She glances at the bartender, then sags against the bar, her head in her hands.

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 10:37:18 PM »
He wandered in and looked at the surroundings.  He nodded his approval and took a seat near the door.  He seemed human, but there was something off about him.  He turned to the bartender.  "Can I get a drink, house brew or something."  The Bartender walked over and set a glass in front of him.  He filled it up with the bright amber liquid and nodded as the man handed him a small slip of paper.  Opening it up, he raised an eyebrow.  "Yeah it's true.  Sad enough but true.  I'd like to get three more on the line.  It's about to be a long day."
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
 Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 12:36:43 AM »
Yarin stood up and walked over to where the human female sat  "I noticed you seemed troubled what is wrong? he asked in Gallard the language gave his voice a soft fluidic quality with a very slight germanic accent.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 12:42:31 AM »
Scrambling out of her seat, Shalner snarls at the man who approaches. Quickly realizing he means no harm, she steadies herself, and stares at him, slowly backing into the corner.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 12:49:22 AM »
"My name is Yarin. What is yours?" he asked placing one of his four arms on the  table and focusing his six eyes on her

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 12:52:29 AM »
Shalner gapes at Yarin and scoots past him. She sits silently on her pervious stool, resuming her slumped position.

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 12:58:17 AM »
He looked at the two 'people' at the bar.  "Gods have mercy."  He muttered and downed his glass.  The bartender came and filled it up again.  He pulled a few pills from one of his pockets and stared at them for a few seconds.  "And again do the iron hammers fall."  He muttered as he slipped them back.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 01:02:51 AM »
She chances a glance towards the newcomer to the bar, then Yarin. Lifting her head barely off of the bar, she mutters quitely "I'm...I can't...I'm not sure I can say."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 11:38:12 AM by Shalner(Jess) »

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 01:18:25 AM »
(I never said his name was acre, it's still a mystery.)

Winston Churchill