Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333515 times)

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 07:54:45 PM »
"Aha, you have failed.  I know for a fact you can read minds and I was praying to god as well as thinking that my old mind training was still relevant.  You're good, but I can keep my mind shut to just about anything.  Including myself which is why I wanted your help."
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
 Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 07:58:57 PM »
Yarin turned to Myitt "You are a Yeerk I have always been fasinated by your species tell me does your hosts personality become subduied under your own?"
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Machine

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2009, 08:21:26 PM »
"Yes, Myitt, please tell us if your personality subdues your host's.  And afterwords you can give us a treatise on whether or not water is wet, followed by a lecture on if fire is hot. I guess being from a master race of aliens can't even keep someone from being an idiot."

He turns and points at AcreLorraine.

"You I don't recognize.  Were you around in the old days and I'm somehow dumber than I thought I was or are you new around here?"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 08:26:34 PM by Machine »

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2009, 08:24:32 PM »
"Oh god, another self righteous andalite.  Hey Bartender, why'd I come in here again."  The Bartender pulled out his notepad and wrote, 'To drink'.  "That's right.  And nowhere does that pad say to listen to lectures.  So if you two could take it outside, please, feel free to kill each other."
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
 Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2009, 08:50:51 PM »
Myitt gives the mysterious character a serious look.  "Don't ask them to start fighting, please.  I already have a headache."

She turns her attention to Yarin, smiling thinly.  "To answer your question, 'no.'" 

<Yeah, except for--> "--right now, you stupid jackass.  God damnit, you're annoying."  She crosses her arms, then in an afterthought she grabs her glass of red booze and swallows it down.  Glancing briefly at Yarin, the human adds: "Not you."  She goes back to glaring at the bar counter.

In a moment Myitt addresses Breekan, without looking up.  "What haven't we been up to these days?  At least we're still ticking.  Long story short: I've gotten to quite like frozen cabbage and canned tomato sauce."  She shrugs, snickering.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 08:53:02 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 08:58:31 PM »
"Aw jeeze, sounds rough. Why is it that no one in our social circle is ever allowed to relax?"

Offline Machine

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2009, 08:59:33 PM »
"This just in: I'm knackered and Myitt has terrible taste in food."

Machine turns toward Myitt and looks at her skeptically. "Really, canned tomato sauce? I thought your host was Italian, doesn't she know how to make sauce? Or does being an alien parasite from space make you too lazy to cook?"

He reaches into his pocket and takes something small and square out before moving it over to his other pocket before looking at Breekan.

"I dunno, you think CONSTANT INTERGALACTIC WAR would have something to do with it."

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2009, 09:04:47 PM »
"Is your relationship mutuallistic or parasitic I am not judging you I am mearly scientifically curious." and as for you he turned to face the sentient who insulted him. If you wish to fight me I am prepared to defend myself. my strength is enhanced by the relatively weak gravity of this planet." Yarin said taking a swing of his drink.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »
"No offense, Yarin, but we're all using the same gravity. How about rather than start a fight- which would just be messy, and would not end well for anyone, (except possibly for the guy you're challenging since after all, what does he care? (and yes, I am speaking in parentheses)), you let me buy you a swig of whatever throat-burner you like best?"

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »
"My species does not regularly ingest alcohol except for religious purposes what I am drinking now is a special beverage called a Nanander that quells our telepathy when it becomes to much for us to handle however I will take you up on your offer what are you drinking?" Yarin asked

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 09:41:25 PM »
Shalner eyes up Machine wearily. "Hello....you're certainly one of the last I'd expect to see here."

She then turns to Breekan, and gives him a wary smile. "Brother...a pleasant surprise...I didn't expect you here, either."

She gulps down the contents of her glass as quickly as she can, and moves to hug Myitt(Tara)..."And you..of course... You're well? Well, you're alive, of course you're well. A refill, please?"

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 09:49:27 PM »
Shalner turns to Yarin. "Shalner. Or Jess. Whichever. It seems the past will always catch up with you, so there's no chance of anonymity anymore. Forgive my earlier rudeness."

She sets her empty glass on the bar, and signals to the bartender. "Another bottle of Redin, if you will." The Bartender eyes her wearily, taking out a second bottle of Redin. She sighs, and shrugs. "I'll pay, really. Start a tab, please." He sets the bottle down on the bar near the first one.

Offline Machine

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 09:51:50 PM »
"Yeah, I'm usually the last person I expect to see places, too."

"And what, no hug for me? We've known each other for so long.  Now I'm all hurt."

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 09:58:03 PM »
Yarin took a sip of his drink "This is WONDERFUL." he shouted. he quickly drank the rest of it. "Bartender another one of these."

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 09:59:31 PM »
She glares at Machine. "I think the last time I was within arms reach of you, I ended up with a broken arm. Can you guarantee that won't happen again?"