Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333083 times)

Offline PrinceRonny

Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 04:17:07 AM »
Nostalgically, he glanced at the worn building standing somehow majestically before him. It wasn't quite as he remembered, at least not on the outside. Age and wear were beginning to show. It seems that even here, in this nearly forgotten place, time claims it's victims.

Still, it wasn't unsaveable. The place still had potential.

But that wasn't the reason for this visit.

Word had reached his Andalite ears that this place, this valiant reprieve of his youth, was still in existence. How that could be, he didn't really know...but he had to find out. It had been years since the Space Bar had even crossed his mind, and for that he was sorry. But the opportunity to rediscover this aspect of his childhood held nothing about good feelings in his heart.

It's with this happy yes nostalgic attitude that Ronny-Alleron-Esgarth approaches the door. It squeaks in protest as the rusted hinges on their axises. As he enters, his primary eyes scan the room while his antennae ones notice immediately something he did not expect. Customers.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 09:18:41 AM »
"If you wish to talk I will be here." Yarin said as he turned to leave her to her own devices.
(I was thinking that this bar could ocupy a region of temporaly neutral space so that no time passes when people are here relative to the rest of the galaxy.)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 11:38:31 AM »
(whoops! my bad, just trying to say where she was looking, changed it)

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 11:52:57 AM »
Sitting up as another newcomer enters the bar, Shalner begins to take an even more careful inventory of the bar. She stands up and touch a particularly dark scorch mark on the wall, wincing as she does. She then notes the barely functional juke box, and the layer of filth that coats the bar itself. She again sits back at the bar, this time glancing around for the bartender. As he approaches, she speaks to him. "Water, please."

(Yarin-I was a frequenter of the ancient RPG this place came from, and that's about how we did it then. Very convenient for everyone. :) )
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 11:54:39 AM by Shalner(Jess) »

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 01:00:57 PM »
(sorry i didn't know)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 04:36:34 PM »
The door creaks open a little bit, then shuts back, swinging a little on its hinges.

Cautiously, a young woman with scraggly brown hair that might be curly when it's brushed steps into the bar.  A shiny black and red gun sits at her side in a holster, and she keeps her right hand on it.  Very tightly. 

She eyes the room and shuts the door behind her.  Judging from her tight lipped expression she's surprised to see anyone here, and that makes her paranoid. 

Her attire is a mixture of old jeans, black combat boots, a torn Led Zeppelin t-shirt and a used black jacket with lots of pockets.  Stuff that would be at home in the dumpster of a Hot Topic. 

The woman swallows and steps up to the bar, nodding at the bartender. 

"Redin," she exhales quietly, tossing him a couple of crumpled U.S. twenties.  "Leave the bottle."  She taps her fingers on the scratched bar counter and looks over at the bar denizens, some of whom she had already recognized on the way in. 

She smiles wryly at Shalner and Ronny, wriggling torn-gloved fingers.  "Well, well.  Long time no see," says the woman, taking the bottle of red liquor and pouring a glass.  "Shalner, and Ronny-Alleron-Esgarth.  Heh.  I guess we're still alive, huh?"  Idly she glances at the other visitors again.  Newcomers were dangerous.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 05:21:10 PM »
(Yarin-I know! Just agreeing with you!)

Shalner sighs, then downs the water. She holds out her glass towards Myitt waiting expectantly for her to refill it. She sighs, "I was hoping I wouldn't be recognized here. But, as always..."

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 05:59:59 PM »
Myitt shrugs and refills Shalner's glass.  "Heh heh, wishful thinking, pal.  Cheers," she says, raising her own.  "What have you been up to these days?"  She drinks half of the liquid in one go, wincing and looking at the bottle.  She turns it around, though there is no label.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 06:01:15 PM »
He glanced from person to person to alien to alien and so on.  "If you don't want to be recognized, don't frequent a bar."  He muttered to himself and downed another drink.  The Bartender walked over and poured another.  He took a few seconds to jot down a message and handed it across.  "This thing?  Well it's a mistake after all.  Easy enough though."  He crumpled up the paper and swallowed it.  "Be careful."  He said in a low growl.  "I'm not getting arrested again."
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
 Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 06:16:53 PM »
"Bang." That's the noise the red and black eyeball shaped spacecraft makes as it crashes outside- mundane, but distinct. Clods of grass shoot into the air, mud splatters over nearby vehicles and a wayward rock shoots up, hurtles into the air and instantly slays some unfortunate forest creature. Such are the hazards of space-travel. The craft itself is on the creepier side of mechanical, made from equal parts black alloy and extraterrestrial bone. It hisses when it pops open, spilling out gallons of psychoreactive nutrient slurry as well as one haggard looking alien.

He's dressed in a dark grey bodysuit with a beaten-up black toolbelt and irregular black splotches over what appears to be some obscured symbol on the chest and shoulders. His head most closely resembles that of a red-eyed panther with coarse brown fur. The lower jaw seems to be made from the same metallic alloy as the ship. The wings, much like a bat's, are broad and powerful, if visibly worn and wrinkled. His expression is surprisingly friendly, if a bit overwhelmed. He smiles as the rickety Space Bar looms in front of him. He pushes a button on the wrist of his outfit, blowing the remaining Spaceship Juice off his face and clothes, and then steps inside with an audible clank.

Breekan smiles at the bartender as he takes a seat, sagging visibly. "White Russian, please." He nods to the old crowd. "Hey guys, what's new?"

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 06:20:49 PM »
He stands up from hiding underneath his seat.  "Bartender.  Three more if you please."  He drops his head to the bar with an audible thump.  "It never rains."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:38:06 PM by AcreLorraine »
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline PrinceRonny

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 06:26:19 PM »
<Small world.> Ronny said, walking toward up to the bar next to Myitt and Shalner. <I must admit, Myitt, that you are the last person I expected to run into here. Now.> Ronny looked up at the bartender, who was waiting patiently, a bar towel thrown over his shoulder. <I dont suppose you have any Andalite-friendly grass patches indoors anymore? My hooves are starving...>

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 06:31:40 PM »
"I have some grass in my ship from my home world if you are interested I do not eat it, I have a small laboratory on board and I study the affects of space travel on different plant and animal species." Yarin said to the andalite
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:57:01 PM by Yarin »

Offline Machine

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 06:34:58 PM »
A loud "BANG" reverberates through the bar as one of the doors in the back swings open, hitting the wall behind it with enough force to crack the top hinge.  The door swings back, halfway off it's hinges, one corner dragging on the ground before it slowly grinds to a halt while still halfway ajar.

A human male, somewhere in his early 20's, walks in. moving deftly around the half-closed door.  He's average height and weight, wearing a simple outfit of black and white sneakers, dark blue jeans, and a black blazer over a grey t-shirt with some kind of odd circular logo on it.  He has short brown hair and a short-cropped brown beard, and behind a simple pair of black plastic-frame glasses his eyes are constantly changing color, different shades and hues slowly swirling about and shifting.

Seeing the handful of people who have suddenly come in, he stops halfway to the bar and looks around at each new person in the room.

"Oh what the hell is this supposed to be? Who the hell decided to get the band back together?"

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 06:37:44 PM »
"This is getting to be a habit isn't it?"  He muttered as he stood and sat down once again.

Winston Churchill