Author Topic: If david stayed...  (Read 6552 times)

Offline wotw2112

Re: If david stayed...
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2008, 10:44:08 PM »
He's just one of those things that had potential, but was never used.

How many of those are there now?  ::)
"Well, that idea might make a stupid idea feel better about itself."
"His goat killed you?"
"I love you shovel."
"Your conscience calls you on the telephone?"

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2008, 11:04:58 PM »
I think David should've stayed long enough to have at least one book narrated by him. The Animorphs must have been feeling really generous cuz if I were one of them I'd have tried to convinve them to kill him, after all he did and all he was gonna do, there's no way they should've let him live espcially since he could still use thought speak even though he was a nothilt.
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2008, 10:47:35 AM »
Even if they had wanted to kill him (which they didn't) killing him would have made them feel like they were as bad as him (even though they weren't). Besides, they figured he wouldn't last long as a rat, since he could easily be killed off by predators or lack of food. Even if he did survive what would he do? Join forces with Crayak and attempt some desperate revenge scheme? Like that would ever happen!  ::)
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2008, 02:41:48 PM »
Even if they had wanted to kill him (which they didn't) killing him would have made them feel like they were as bad as him (even though they weren't). Besides, they figured he wouldn't last long as a rat, since he could easily be killed off by predators or lack of food. Even if he did survive what would he do? Join forces with Crayak and attempt some desperate revenge scheme? Like that would ever happen!  ::)
If Crayak gave him his morphing powers back, plus the kind of powers he offered Rachel, then he could have been a dangerous villain. All he would have to do is agree to kill Jake.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »
I'll admit right away that I wasn't a huge David fan. Can't say much else because it has been a long time time since I read that story arc. I'll reread those and come back here once I do.

Will say though that David wouldn't really be around very long as a rat. There are, yes, predators and lack of food. But the longest a rat can hope to live is 3 years. 4 years max if they are well off, and that's referring to pets. (I had 4 pet rats at one point)

So, maybe that was quite the punishment after all. Possibly worse than just being killed. Think about it: trapped in a morph that you know is short lived and very low in the food chain. They could have trapped him in...I don't know...tortoise morph! Those things live 100 years.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2008, 05:51:43 PM »
then why didn't they trap him in flea morph or some other kind of bug. doubt they live that long.

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2008, 06:58:21 PM »
That's true. The average flea lives no more than 2 months. Or heck, even a mayfly. Those live only about a day, don't they?

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2008, 07:13:01 PM »
I doubt the Ellimist would have let Crayak make a deal to give David all the powers he offered Rachel. He probably only let Crayak make that offer to Rachel because he knew she would refuse.

And how exactly would the Animorphs have tricked David into morphing a Flea and then trapping him inside a box which a Flea can't escape from?
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2008, 09:53:50 PM »
That's a good point I didn't think of. They needed him in a form they could keep track of. So no matter how long the critter lives, they need to be able to see him.