Author Topic: Battle for Britian (new members are free to join)  (Read 30810 times)

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
Re: Battle for Britian (new members are free to join)
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 07:04:38 PM »
(Headmistress)
"How did they handle the news headmistress?" Professor Alexander asked.
The Headmistress replied. "Well, just imagine you handling the news that howlers were coming to earth." Professor Alexander was slightly unnerved "I suppose you want me to contact my people? I was exiled remeber. I don't think they will take kindly to me after only five hundred years." "We'll see. You said yourself that a larger minority of your people were in favor of you returning to the collective than the minority that opposed your exile during your plead for amnesty in 1945." The Headmistress enjoyed conversations with the android professor more than other people. As a telepath of her potent state conversation with others had become remarkably predictible and when it came to argument their was no mistake that she saw the Android as a challenge.

"I'll try to make contact but it will be much harder without the Cheenet" Professor Alexander said and he strode out of the room both glad and angry at his self modified restrictions.
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 09:13:36 PM »
((Name: Gabriel Turner
Appearence: She has bright red hair (dyed, of course. Her natural colour is brown) that goes down to her collarbone. Her eyes are grey-blue. She dresses very simply, and doesn't like to call attention to herself.
Power: She's very mildly psychic on her own, not able to read much more than projected and surface thoughts. However, she's spent her time at the academy studying the effects of gemstones and crystals on psychic powers, and, with concentration, can use them to enhance her own abilities.
Limitations: The gemstones can only increase her powers by a little bit, unless she's had a lot of practice with them. As of the time of the RP, she's mostly dealt with stones enhancing the basic telepath abilities, as well as stones dealing with empathy and emotion. However, she would have worked with other students to develope her reasearch on all types of gemstones.
History: Gabriel's real name is Anna Molly Turner. She's always found that ironic, since she's always found herself to be a bit of an "anomaly". She took on the name Gabriel when her best friend, Michael Gabriel Grifiths, was killed in a motorcycle accident.))
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline HkRevan

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 09:29:37 PM »
(are the telepathic twins still open?)

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
    • My tumblr
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008, 09:45:32 PM »
((As far as I know. If my char gets approved, there'll be two spots left, and I don't think anyone else claimed twins.))

Offline Galladerotom

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2008, 10:13:38 PM »
(Gabriel turner is accepted. I can see you are a fan of Reiki ;) )
(Yes, there are two slots left.)
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
    • My tumblr
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2008, 10:19:50 PM »
((I actually have no idea who or what Reiki is. ^^; I got the gemstone idea from Dungeons and Dragons.))

Offline Galladerotom

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2008, 11:37:32 PM »
(Reiki is the belief that all objects eminate a sort of emotional energy and often involves crystals)

(the headmistress)
The headmistress was thinking while she spooned nearly twice as much sugar as she normaly would into her tea. She was thinking that the school may have to go to war itself. It had never happened before but it had come close she remebered back to the days when she was a student...

Government officals searched everywhere, halls were in dissary, students being questioned, and the shouts of hippe congregations outside furthered the Choas. "You have no right to come in here without a warrent!" headmaster Leory snapped. The man flashed his ID "I am afraid that we do sir". "What would would MI5 want with a boarding school." "I cannot disclose that sir".  Then The headmistress in her youth seventeen retorted "I suppose you think the beetles are communists too."  "Well the beetles I am afraid weren't mentioned by Stalin in his conferences in Moscow." Leory was astonished "Why would Stalin even have mentioned our school he is off his rocker." The Headmistress knew why Stalin had an profound intrest in telepathy she had reasearch him for an assignment. Leory continued "and why has the government waited to preform a search for so many years he died ages ago". "Sir I suggest you coperate whether you no it or not we're in a war and everyone should do their part"...

Turned out that the offical hadn't waited for a warrent from higher up and was abruptly sacked the next time he bought the school to question. However it unnerved the headmistress that the "gifted" students of her school were nearly drafted by the government into combat.

Offline HkRevan

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2008, 01:13:30 AM »
((Name: Ryan Tennent
Appearance: Ryan is a tall and lanky youth. He has stormy gray eyes and short cropped hazel hair. He wears nonrestrictive clothes and in accordance to the weather and personal comfort. Mostly slacks and a buttoned up shirt and tie.
Powers: Ryan is the older of the twin. His specific abilities are a form telekinesis. As long as there is earth, soil, minerals and to an extent metal he can bend it, break it and move it around.
Limits: He is limited to the earth elements. He can move other objects but never to the extent he could earth. It also takes a good deal of concentration and energy to move huge objects, such as a ton of soil or rock.
History: Ryan loves his brother. They are twins and no one understood them. It was when he was little during an earthquake that he realized his power and that no matter what, that was his unique difference from his brother. He was trapped in a hole in the earth. It created a slight rift. Their parents sent them to be trained.

Name: Hector Tennent
Appearance: He looks exactly like his twin.
Powers: Hector is the younger and is a cryokinesis. He can slow down the molecules in matter to a point where it is frozen.
Limits: It takes a great amount of energy depending on what he wants to freeze. He cannot accelerate the molecules so whatever he wants to freeze will stay frozen.
History: Hector loves his brother. They are twins and no one understands them. At the same earthquake, while being separated from his brother the first time he realized that he was different from his brother. He was trapped in a freezer. When it was over, the parents sent them to school having noticed their abilities.

Powers for twins: When they are working together, their power is boosted. As empaths they are only empathic to each other, reading each other's minds and focusing their energies inward. Combined, they can lift objects and but individually they are not that focused. Hand contact is important, it greatly increases their 'syncage'.

Does this work? Also what do you mean about posting them?))

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
    • My tumblr
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2008, 03:42:41 AM »
Gabriel sat at her lab and sighed, thinking of the announcement earlier that day.

A lot of the students hadn't taken the Yeerk threat very seriously, since psychics allowed one to notice the Yeerks' thoughts along with the humans. They figured that they wouldn't be able to get caught.

Gabriel, on the other hand, was a bit more concerned. Her own telepathic abilities weren't strong enough on their own to notice the difference. Unless a controller actually came up to her and thought "Hey, there's a Yeerk in this brain", there would be no way for her to know.

Granted, she'd found a few gems that enhanced her natural telepathy, and ever since the announcement she's kept them in her pockets. Just in case. And, due to her love of cargo pants, she tended to have a lot of pockets, unless she had to dress formally.

"I wonder if my research could help the school any..." She muttered to herself. She hadn't really found out anything new about gemstones during her time here. It had taken her a long time to organize the information that was already available. It was only recently that she'd started running her own experiments.

She'd never expected to make any big discoveries. The topic just interested her, plain and simple. But with the Yeerk threat... Wouldn't it be great if she could find a gemstone that helped the school fight the Yeerks?

"Where do I start, though?" She thought out loud.

((EDIT: Even though Gabriel thinks of the lab as her own, I imagine that it's probably a shared lab that all students are allowed to use. She just thinks of it as her own, since she's almost always there when not in one of her regular classes.))

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2008, 08:57:46 AM »
Name: Cody Herons
Power: Uses his mind to manipulate Gravity, due to this, can knock bullets and beams away from him by creating massive gravity wells around him, can launch himself off the ground with this ability, and can launch 'balls' of gravity which due to massive weight, simply crush anything.
Appearance: rather short, about 5 foot six inches, has ice blue eyes and hair as black as space. Carries a forty caliber automatic pistol and a Glock (Sub-machine gun) around at nearly all times since discovering the yeerk invasion.
Limitations: Cannot do this underwater, the massive weight would pull him down immediately and drown him. He cannot fly, and is not bullet-proof.has an effective range of fifty feet, and a real but not effective range of one hundred feet.
History: Parents were both controllers when he was 12. But during an accident, they were lost in the wilderness, starving their yeerks. THe managed to find a road and hitch-hike back home where they told Cody everything. America was not safe anymore, so they sold everything and moved to Britain where e they discovered this school and signed up Cody for it. Cody, had found his abilities right before the move. He quickly developed them, he believes himself to be ready. However, he is about to taste true combat.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2008, 09:35:02 AM »
Chad had sat through the assembly mostly silent. He didn't know what to believe. He trusted the headmistress and all, but he wasn't quite sure. He was confident in his abilities, but he wanted to know more about the Yeerk's technology before going on a holy crusade of justice or something. The thought of becoming a superhero made him chuckle. He began running over super named as he left for the training room. He felt like testing the extents of his powers.

He rummaged through his backpack and found some pain pills. He had been secretive about taking them when he was training hard, so the teachers wouldn't take them from him. Sometimes he needed them when he was working hard with his powers.

(I'm thinking of making him kind of a pain pill addict, since he had headaches when he reaches a certain point.)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 09:13:11 PM by Nohensen »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2008, 11:42:11 AM »
Acre heard pounding near one of the walls.  "What the hell is that?"  He got off his chair and wandered towards the sound.  He looked over the edge of the roof and saw a girl banging on the door.  He looked a little harder and recognized her from one of the classes he usually skipped.  "Hey Sierra, what are you trying to go inside for.  It's a beautiful day outside and the birds are absolutely stunning." 
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
 Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Faerie Larka

• The Patron RAFian of Sarcasm
  • God
  • "They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm."
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2008, 02:49:25 PM »
Sierra started at the voice.  She squinted in an attempt to see who was on the roof.  "Oh, hey Acre.  Basically if I skip my next class one more time, I'll get a brief suspension.  My mum would KILL me.  And I got locked out, which is not helping things."  Her head tilted when she realized something.  "Erm, Acre?  How did you get on the roof?  It's a bit closed off, isn't it?"
RAFdating the Ellimist!  :D
Jess is my RAFWanderTwin!!

"Look like the innocent flower/ But be the serpent under't"
-Lady Macbeth

Offline Galladerotom

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2008, 07:49:57 PM »
(Nohensen your character's name is CHAD  ::) edit that.)
(the twins and CODY are accepted.)
(Their is one promblem though. Cody can't have a guns, Britan has a very strict
firearms pollicy and the only firearms that I know are legal at all are shotguns for hunting and I think they can only be kept in certain areas. As well guns would make him too powerful.)
(um, To be honest I also think Gabreil could have noticed it alot more easily. She seems to be a very weak telepath to me.)

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
    • My tumblr
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2008, 07:51:37 PM »
((Hmm, I wanted her to be mostly the researchy type than anything else. As I mentioned in her profile, she can mostly just hear thoughts that are projected at her.))
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:54:01 PM by AniDragon »