Author Topic: ok time to be honest...if you had morphing power, what would you do??  (Read 12249 times)

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
Re: ok time to be honest...if you had morphing power, what would you do??
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2012, 03:16:30 PM »
See for most people having super abilities would be a waste. How often would a telekinetic person actually use his/her abilities in ordinary life? People would just treat you differently and/or crazy government/corporate scientists will want to run tests on you. Which means you'd have to hide your abilities or constantly live in hiding. In any case, if you don't want to feel like you're wasting any super-ability then you'd need to find a way to use it and that usually detracts from having a normal life or actually achieving what would make you really happy in life.

I'd still go with what I originally put but assuming the research wouldn't go far then I'd just try and incorporate what I can into ordinary life. Sneaking into exotic places for holidays could be a lot easier but a bit risky if caught on (cc)tv/cameraphone. Also unless my friends had the same ability it'd be a bit of a loner holiday which is less appealing.

I have considered careers related to animal/environment/wildlife and espionage (false identities) but if I was into those things then I would have chosen those things to begin with or paths that led up to those areas. Really having morphing abilities wouldn't add much to my life personally aside from a bit of fun or maybe to escape a few unwanted situations. I wouldn't abuse it to spy or steal not because of moral grounds but because there isn't that much I really want that morphing to steal would give me. Not to mention criminal activity attracts attention which if you don't want to be studied by immoral scientists or constantly on the run is probably not something you want to do too much of.
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2012, 06:45:33 PM »
And lets not forget online scammers. Oh the possibilities.

Oh, I would like to see those people squirm . . .

Sorry, too dark.

<Hello. I am the tiger belonging to the real Prince Ali. You have been impersonating my master. Prepare to die.>
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2012, 07:29:20 PM »
And lets not forget online scammers. Oh the possibilities.

Oh, I would like to see those people squirm . . .

Sorry, too dark.

<Hello. I am the tiger belonging to the real Prince Ali. You have been impersonating my master. Prepare to die.>

:rofl:

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2015, 11:04:16 PM »
if u were able to morph like the animorphs, and theres no war, life is as normal.

theres so many advantages/benefits/mischief that i could see it being used it for xD

I would fly, like an eaaaagle!

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2015, 11:11:23 PM »
I would do the obvious thing anyone else would do. Use my morphing powers for the good of the people
Morph hot guys and do **** in their bodies :luv: No one could stop meeeee
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2015, 11:14:39 PM »
I would do the obvious thing anyone else would do. Use my morphing powers for the good of the people

Would you seduce their girlfriends?

(Which might force an updating in the laws regarding sex by trickery).

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2015, 11:25:17 PM »

Not quite exactly what I'd do..... It's not exactly their girlfriends I'd be sedusing
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:29:20 PM by Dpsb5 »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2015, 01:03:07 PM »

Not quite exactly what I'd do..... It's not exactly their girlfriends I'd be sedusing

Whom WOULD you be seducing?:)

But would the male models' girlfriends get upset if they saw men who looked like their boyfriends dating other women, or even men?

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2015, 06:16:20 AM »
I would assume most people aren't happy about being cheated on, especially if they don't know the morphing power exists. If they do know it exists, that just leads to a whole new excuse for people to do horrible things and claim they've been framed by an Animorph. Damn it, now I have a new fanfic idea...

As much as I love the idea of being a hero and fighting crime, I think most people if they were honest would do petty or selfish stuff. I think at best I'd be a minor vigilante rather than an actual hero. Say somebody wrongs me or does something rude, I could easily acquire them and set them up. Or at least sneak into their house and morph snake to scare the crap out of them. I don't think I'd do anything seriously damaging, at least not before I'm inevitably corrupted by power, lol.

Aside from that, I'd do all the usual stuff. Morph a bird to go flying and not have to worry about cost of buses/trains to get around. Morph pets for fun, become a member of the opposite sex just to see what it's like, spy on people to see what they say when I'm not around, morph to heal any injuries I might get, etc.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2015, 04:25:41 PM »
It probably sounds like another petty use for a super power, but imagine how much money you could save by sneaking into various events such as concerts and major sporting events. Not to mention that I could sneak on board a plane heading for America, Australia, or anywhere else in the world I could possibly want to visit. I'd be able to hang out with RAFians whenever I wanted :)
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2015, 07:33:49 PM »
Morphing uses: Morph a person with a rare blood type, then donate blood to that person.

Morph a person, then donate DNA samples.

Morph an endangered species using the Folis maunuver, then donate DNA samples.

Spoiler for book 54: [spoiler]Get Alloran to morph Visser 3's monsters, then take DNA samples.[/spoiler]

I also suggest a repeat of the mosquito experiment from Book 18.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2015, 11:19:02 PM »
Oh yeah, I'd like to morph-heal this awful cold away.

The precedents are spotty on that one.  Book 29: Ax and the Animorphs are unable to get rid of their Yamphut flu via morphing.

But Book 42: Marco rids himself of rabies by morphing.

Use for morphing: In the 3rd world, morph a gorilla and generate electricity with an exercise bike.

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2015, 06:07:36 PM »
I'm gonna add to this. I'd do the Frolis Maneuver on a bunch of hot guys, and then I would be the hottest out of them! MUHAHAHA, this is perfect
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2015, 08:00:17 PM »
I'm gonna add to this. I'd do the Frolis Maneuver on a bunch of hot guys, and then I would be the hottest out of them! MUHAHAHA, this is perfect

Morph Taxxons for mining operations.  Morph Hork-Bajir to chop down trees.  Could a Taxxon survive mining sulpher in a volcano?