Author Topic: Star Wars: Threads of Destiny - Novel started  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
Star Wars: Threads of Destiny - Novel started
« on: December 07, 2008, 03:16:38 PM »
TheDarkKnight and I co-wrote a feature-length script for a fanfilm titled Star Wars: Threads of Destiny, which is due out this May. It's being made by a Swedish film director, with Swedish actors, but no worries because it was still filmed in English.

Basic plot is this: A hundred years after Return of the Jedi, the Jedi are flourishing again with the New Jedi Order, however the New Republic is at war with the Skenvi Empire, which was created by the remnants of the defeated Galactic Empire. Both sides are in rough negotiations with the Planet Coreign for access to its unique Ore minerals, and when the talks go sour for the Skenvi, they kidnap the Coreign princess and its up to Jedi Knight Soran Darr and his apprentice Raven Darkham to rescue her. Oh, and also in this, we completely ignore all Extended Universe stuff, as neither myself nor Mike are too familiar with a lot of it. Basically, the only stuff cannon for this, are the movies, so if it contradicts something in the EU, that's why..

Anyway, due to some fan movie novelizations and fan game novelizations I've written in the past, I was also approached to write the official novelization which will be officially released on the net about a month before the fanfilm is. However, I've decided, as a special privilege to the Star Wars fans of this site, if there are any, to post the Chapters of the novel here, as I write them. Like all movie novelizations, there will be stuff in it that is not in the movie, either because I added it in to flesh something out, or because it was in the script but cut from the final film due to any number of reasons.

Until I get the first chapter posted however, check out these Special Features:

Teaser 1
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kosYs9nmDcM[/youtube]

Teaser 2
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5RUhNPyKhw[/youtube]

Teaser 3
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g86zvPOGnaw[/youtube]

Featurette 1
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMSVzh2ujII[/youtube]

Featurette 2
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe0F3yu-s78[/youtube]

Featurette 3
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnBJaghc5SY[/youtube]

Christmas Special Featurette
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caJQLWuZlGk[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 01:07:23 AM by Desperado Newfie »

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Re: Star Wars: Threads of Destiny
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 03:31:03 PM »
That looks pretty impressive! I gotta respect people willing to put so much effort into a fanfilm. That really shows dedication.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »
holy **** dude, thats awesome, how have you not mentioned this before?! lol

congrats, i hope it does well, it looks cool

cant wait to read the story

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »
Well apart from the script and the novelization, I'm not too involved overall with the project. Sometimes I'm shown photos or footage and asked for my opinion, but that's about it, and there hasn't really been any news on this in a long time so I've had no reason to mention it, but now that I'm gonna start writing the novelization I figured this would be a good time to mention it, lol.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 08:15:04 PM »
oh my gosh, this is awesome slushie man!!!

did they read your script and decide to to it? or did you turn it in to them?
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 09:33:00 PM »
TheDarkKnight has worked with the director on another fanfilm in the past and they got to talking and wanted to do a Star Wars fanfilm, so TheDarkKnight came up with the story and asked if I wanted to co-write it with him, and of course I said yes, lol, so that was how that came about.

Offline The Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 09:58:29 PM »
I also add to the mix, that this is based on a fan fic that i wrote dating back to 1999 when the phantom menace kicked theater arse.
Hiding in the shadows...A Dragon of pure Rage.

Darkness is my home, fire is my weapon, the corrupt are my victims.

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 12:05:19 AM »
~PROLOGUE~

Lord Siege glanced out of a viewport from inside of his own personal starship, the name-fitting 'Dread'. Siege picked the name himself, so everyone who was aware that the ship was around would know of who occupied it, and would know not to test him.

From inside, Lord Siege glanced at the approaching planet and its extensive Defense Network of a dozen heavily-armed battle ships. He let out a slight smile as he approached the small but extensive Coruscant II – a planet that the Skenvi Empire had modeled after the great city world of Coruscant.

The Skenvi were once weak...once easily manipulated and controlled, but that fateful day 94 years before, when the Galactic Empire crumpled and the Skenvi people were freed, that was the day that the Skenvi Empire was first formed, to build up its strength and not allow its people to be slaves anymore. They scavenged what supplies and equipment they could from various abandoned Empire-owned bases and ghost ships and soon had quite the impressive army.

But it wasn't enough for the Skenvi. Like all empire's, they longed for more and had an unsatisfiable thirst for more and more power. It started with threats to get some of the smaller nearby planets to join, but once they felt they were large enough, they began taking systems by force.

The New Republic, of course, would hear none of it and issued many warnings, each one more dire then the one before, for the Skenvi Empire to cease their activities or face the consequences. The Skenvi, no longer wanting to bow down to anyone since their freedom from the Galactic Empire, ignored the Republic's warnings and instead launched a pre-emptive strike against them that led to a brand-new war.

Siege thought to himself about how despite the Republic's size, which almost more then doubled that of the Skenvi Empire, the Skenvi have been able to not only hold their own in battle, but has stood their ground so well, that no one could say for certain which side was winning the war and which was loosing.

He had actually been away, overseeing a very vital battle, when he received word straight from the Skenvi Emperor to return to Coruscant II immediately. Seize wondered during the entire journey to the new Skenvi homeworld, what his Emperor could possibly want, but knew it had to be a matter of utmost secrecy for him not to give any details over the COM.

Thinking about it still, Siege let out a sigh as his personal ship entered the atmosphere of the always-night city planet and hoped his new pilot knew where to dock.

He turned away from the window, never liking to watch the flight through the city. He always loved watching the descent onto his home planet, but once there, he got frustrated easily with the careless navigating of most of the residents of the planet, and he did not wish to be in a sour mood when he met with the Emperor.

Instead, he decided to make his way down the bare metal corridor and into the ****pit.

"Lord Siege!" The pilot exclaimed anxiously. "Is something wrong?"

Siege loved unexpectedly entering the ****pit and surprising his old pilot. He loved to see the fear and nervousness that flowed off of him like a waterfall whenever he was in the presence of Siege. Such respect and power was intoxicating. Siege was glad to see his new pilot would not be so different.

"Nothing at all, granted you get me there in one piece," Siege spat as another smaller ship quickly crossed in front of the Dread and nearly caused a mid-air collision.

"I'll...I'll try...sir," The nervous pilot stuttered as he tensed in Lord Siege's presence.

Once Siege located the exterior landing platform in the distance that was their destination, he left the ****pit and made his way to the loading bay where he would exit. Most men would be nervous when meeting the Emperor, even his closest and most trusted men, but not Siege. As far as he was concerned, if he so chose, he could kill the Emperor with little trouble an take his place, however running an entire Empire was not Siege's goal, nor did it interest him much.

By the time that the Dread made a soft landing on the black metal of the landing platform, which was lit only by a small ring of dim lights, an armed red-cloaked garrison of the Emperor's own personal guards stood at attention, waiting patiently.

With a hiss of thick steam, the bay doors of the Dread slowly opened and a thick metal plan lowered. Lord Siege walked quickly off of his ship, with his black cloak flapping in the high-altitude winds behind him. The only guard that was no wearing a helmet – a tall bald man, stepped forward and bowed.

"Lord Siege," he greeted as he straightened himself up. "The Emperor has been awaiting your arrival."

"I know," Siege scoffed. What did this idiot think? That he was not aware of his meeting? The Emperor had contacted him personally! The only thing he hated more then being told things he already knew, was being treated like a commoner.

Without even waiting for this guard to show him the way, Siege moved around him and marched inside of the Imperial Palace on his own, the garrison of red-glad guards falling into line behind him.

Deep inside the extensive dark palace, the white-haired Emperor stood before a green hologram of a planet where a handful of battles were currently being fought him. Despite his age though, he was quite feared among his people for his ruthlessness. Rumored to be over a hundred years old, he was supposedly the last remaining Skenvi that had actually lived during the rule of the Galactic Empire and suffered at their hands. Despite being over a hundred years old, many would however venture to say he looked quite young for his age, and it would be true, as he didn't look a day over fifty.

In the room with him, was his most-trusted Generals and Advisers, all of which turned at the sound of the door behind them hissing opened. Two red guards entered the room, making way for Lord Siege, who removed his traveling cloak out of respect at being in the Emperor's presence and handed it to the nearest guard. He now stood before his leader in his own military outfit that consisted of black clothing with blood-red shoulder pads and belt, black gloves, and very slicked back neatly-kept hair.

Siege dropped to the floor on one knee and bowed his head. "My Lord." The Emperor nodded his head and Siege returned to his full height. "Has The Battle begun? Have our troops been deployed?" Siege asked, referring to the long-awaiting plan to launch an attack against Coruscant.

"Yes, to both of your questions," The Emperor answered. "But not in the way that you think. That battle is still yet to come. I realize this meeting has given you the impression that we've started that attack, Lord Siege, but I did not call you here with that in mind. I have a mission that I can only entrust into your care. I also trust you to see things in many perspectives, in a situation as crucial as this."

Lord Siege tilted his head, confused. "Sir?"

"War can be won through many means," The Emperor stated, taking a step toward Siege, his long golden robe flowing behind him.

"Such as diplomacy?" Lord Siege nearly spat at the word.

"So you've heard," The Emperor smiled.

Lord Siege felt sick to his stomach at the confirmation of what had assumed until now were lies. He had heard talk – rumors, back on Esplin Eve during his time in battle there, that the Emperor was planning to pursue a more peaceful strategy. Lord Siege was quick to do away with such 'liars' – nobody talked bad about the Emperor when Siege was around.

"I assume you've heard of the planet Coreign," The Emperor said, continuing.

"Naturally," Siege mumbled, still deeply upset at this unfortunate turn of events. "It is a planet ruled by a well-liked Monarch and they have always praised peace and democracy, but strength is obviously not in their vocabulary." Siege scoffed once more. "Why do you ask? Are they planning on aiding the New Republic in their war efforts?"

"They may very well end up doing so," The Emperor stated, unimpressed with Siege's current attitude toward him. "Skenvi spies have informed me that the Republic will be entering negotiations with him in a treaty of annexation."

"...and you're thinking of beating them to it..." Lord Siege spoke almost too-quietly to be heard, finally piecing the puzzle together.

The Emperor chuckled, showing that out of all the things that have gone in his old age, hearing was not one of them. "Exactly. I have already sent a small delegation to the King."

"And what does this have to do with me?" Siege asked, feeling his often in-check patience slipping.
"I would like for you to go and press the matter for us," explained the Emperor as if it was the most obvious answer ever given.

"I'm assuming their Ore is what has spurred all this new-found interest in this particular planet," Lord Siege stated.

For the first time during their current meeting, the Emperor made a smug-filled sneer so cold and evil, that even Siege himself felt shivers travel through his body. "My faith in you is not misplaced after all. Their Ore would be an unparalleled asset to us. It is regenerative – unique throughout all of the known universe."

Lord Siege didn't need to be told of all they could gain from this. Even a small amount could lower vehicle and ship repair costs drastically for them, and their fleet could gain so much from it. It could potentially push them past the Republic's current state in the war and would put the Skenvi Empire very close to winning it.

"The Republic also believes that this Ore could tip the War in their favor," The Emperor continued. "And as innocent as they are, they no doubt will send Jedi represent ivies to charm the King and Queen to sign the treaty with them." Siege's eyes burned with hatred at the mention of Jedi, but allowed his leader to go on. "I do not have the luxury of sending such charming people into their embrace. But I certainly do have the capacity of sending a warrior."

"When do I leave?" Siege asked coldly, his entire demeanor having changed at the mention of Jedi.
"Immediately. It would be best if you had time to familiarize yourself with Coreign, before the Republic's ambassadors arrive. In the meantime, I'll see to it that the Republic's military is kept occupied." The Emperor smiled once more. "I don't want anything to stop us from achieving this Ore."

"Very well, Your Majesty," Lord Siege bowed his head. "I will take my leave."

The Emperor nodded and, along with his Generals and Advisers, turned back to the Battle Hologram. Siege straightened, turned, and marched out of the room, followed by the two guards that entered with him.

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
Re: Star Wars: Threads of Destiny - Novel started
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 12:17:18 AM »
~Chapter 1~

After the fall of Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine, the Galaxy broke loose from the Galactic Empire’s evil clutches and became free once again. Once the New Republic was formed under the rule of a new Chancellor, the remnants of the Galactic Empire, and those found to still be loyal were hunted down and imprisoned. The new Chancellor spent many hard years trying to re-form the Republic into what it once was before it was created into an Empire.

Many of the planet systems broke away from the Republic after the Empire was defeated, and refused to join in fear that history would repeat itself. The new Chancellor worked hard at trying to get some of the planet systems to re-join, and although some did, most didn’t. The Republic, once gigantic and great, was now no more then a half-dozen systems.

But they were not alone. With the evil Sith destroyed, the Jedi were allowed to flourish once again and the great Jedi hero Luke Skywalker re-opened the Jedi Temple on Yavin IV. It took many years of searching and scouting, but eventually he found a handful of Force-Sensitive people from many races, to train. Once the galaxy learned of the re-emergence of the Jedi Order, thousands flocked to Yavin IV in hopes of being trained. It wasn’t much longer until the Jedi Order was made up of thousands. The Jedi once again worked alongside the Republic Senate, and they benefited each other whenever they could.

Raven Darkham loved the New Republic with all his heart. It stood for everything that a young Jedi Apprentice loved and it was because of that, that he willingly went into battle time and time again.

He had been discovered on his home planet of Titan V when he was only four years old. He wasn’t really sure of the story himself apart from knowing that a Jedi Scout was on Titan V for separate business when he sensed how strong Raven was in the Force. The Scout brought Raven to Yavin IV, where he was tested and the Council agreed to have him trained. That was really all Raven knew of his life before being a Jedi, although he did slightly remember his family, but only through dreams and deep meditation. He always told himself that one day he would go back to visit, but not until he was a full-fledged Jedi Knight, so his family could be proud of what he had become.

Raven shifted uncomfortably in his hard leather seat. As much as he loved flying, he wondered when the Jedi would create a comfortable seat for their Starfighters. He thought that maybe after he returned to Yavin IV, he would dig up the original plans for the Starfighters used before the Galactic Empire had taken over, to see how those seats were made. Whoever designed the plans for the new Starfighters certainly didn’t know the meaning of the word ‘comfortable’.

Trying to take his mind off the uncomfortable seat, he looked out his side window at the other Jedi Starfighters and Republic X-Wings. He knew his Master, Soran Darr, was someplace among them, but couldn’t locate him. At that moment one of the X-Wings slightly tilted and Raven spotted his Master’s dark blue Starfighter on the other side of it.

He looked ahead again and saw what they were approaching; there was a small Skenvi Invasion Fleet orbiting a blue planet with random large patches of land sprinkled here and there. It was a planet Raven had never been to and couldn't even remember the name of, but he knew that it had agreed to join the New Republic if they were successful in battle. If they weren’t, then he wouldn’t be alive long enough for the name of the planet to be of any importance to him.

Soran Darr’s voice filled Raven’s ****pit. “Attack Formation.” Raven didn’t have to look to know that the X-Wings were opening their wings to form the X shape, or to know that all the Starfighters were slowly spreading apart from one another so as not to bundle together and form such an easy target.

When they got nearer to the Skenvi Fleet, Soran’s voice once again filled the radio waves. “May the Force be with us all.”

Small, awkward-shaped Skenvi Bandit Fighters zoomed out of the docking bays of the larger War Ships and towards the Republic Fleet and the two sides instantly began exchanging laser fire. Ships from both sides broke formation and picked a target as they flew around. The vast blackness of space was suddenly witness to an extensive lightshow of colors as the Fighters waged battle; red, green, blue, and yellow laser streaks zooming in every direction.

As Raven exchanged rapid fire with a Skenvi Fighter in front of him, a second Skenvi Fighter came in behind from a half-turn from some place above.

“You’ve got one coming up from behind you,” Soran’s voice sounded a warning throughout Raven’s ****pit. Raven destroyed the Skenvi Fighter in front of him in a glorious display of smoke, fire, and twisted burning metal, but before he could turn his Starfighter around to deal with the other, it also exploded in a similar fashion and Soran's ship appeared through the wreckage, passing directly overtop of Raven’s crimson Starfighter. “Be mindful of all things around you, not just what’s in front of you.”

"Sorry Master," Raven apologized. "I will try to do that from now on."

"Either do it, or don’t do it," Soran came back to him. "There is no middle ground."

Raven fired at a Skenvi Fighter that dropped down in front of him, but it kept rolling back and forth around his shots. Another one dropped down behind him, boxing him in. Raven lifted his ship up, allowing the laser fire from the Fighter behind him to destroy the one in front of him.

Maneuvering into a flip, Raven came up behind the Skenvi Fighter that used to be behind him. He fired at it and it exploded. Raven spotted another Skenvi Fighter and gave chase, slightly raising his own ship in order to narrowly avoid colliding with a passing X-Wing.

Soran Darr was having just as much luck with Two Skenvi Fighters bearing down in front of him. He flew straight ahead, rolling his ship in a circle, the shots from the two Fighters zipping all around him. Soran hated that move; it made him feel sick and the last thing he wanted was to throw up in his Starfighter again. However he let the Force guide him and rarely ever thought beforehand about his actions.

He opened fire and his shots hit both of the ships. He straightened his Starship and turned away from the explosions, locating another Skenvi Fighter to intercept.

To say that Gorge Underwood was a good X-Wing pilot would be an understatement - at least in Gorge’s eyes. According to him, he was the best darn X-Wing pilot the New Republic had to offer, although just about everyone else in the Fleet would say otherwise.

Gorge dodged a few laser blasts and dipped down, pulling back on the throttle. His X-Wing picked up speed and zoomed back behind his attacker. He fired, but the Skenvi Fighter exploded before the shots even hit it. A second X-Wing maneuvered around the explosion and came zooming from beside it. Gorge opened communications with the other X-Wing and said, “Damn it, Daviton. That one was mine.”

Daviton just laughed over the radio. “I didn’t see your name on it, buddy.”

“That’s because it was sketched on the bottom.”

Daviton continued laughing. “Just because I’m a better pilot then you, doesn’t mean you need to get mad.”

“Better pilot? Ha!” Gorge laughed. “Maybe with a TG-167 back on Homtere, but up here in space with an X-Wing, I’m the master of the…” Gorge paused as he opened fire on a Skenvi Fighter passing in front of him. He changed directions to avoid the ensuing explosion and continued. “Up here, I’m the master of all.”

Daviton caught up with Gorge and the two flew side-by-side. “You always were one for thinking too much of yourself.” Gorge turned to look through the side of his window and into Daviton’s X-Wing, seeing Daviton broadly smiling. Gorge was going to laugh, but before he had the chance, Daviton’s ship exploded into a fiery mess. Gorge turned serious and looked on the sensor screen.

A Skenvi Fighter with a long black burn mark on either side of its hull was following him. It opened fire, but Gorge pulled his X-Wing into a 90 degree turn, narrowly avoiding the blasts. The Skenvi Fighter copied the move and continued firing. Gorge moved his precious ship from side to side, avoiding the lasers blasting all around him. A few skimmed his X-Wing, shaking him around a bit.

This guy is good, Gorge thought to himself as he wiped sweat from his head. More of an expert then the others, that’s for sure. But still no match for a pilot like me!  He moved his X-Wing straight up, only to be met by the Expert Skenvi Fighter’s blasts.

Gorge would never again get the chance to boast about how good of a pilot he was.

Raven zoomed away from an exploding Skenvi Fighter. Another Jedi Starfighter flew down in front of him and quickly zoomed away again, chasing a Skenvi Fighter. Raven watched as the Jedi Starfighter blew up its target, and then he opened a COM channel to it.

“Seth, follow me,” Raven commanded. Jedi Knight Seth Re’X was one of Raven’s closest friends. He was about six years older, but had always acted like a big brother to Raven when they were kids. That closeness stuck right with them through the years.

“With you now, kid.” Raven didn’t have to look around to know that Seth’s matching red Starfighter was beside his. In the distance, Raven spotted the Expert Skenvi Fighter that killed Gorge and Daviton wipe out a Jedi Starfighter. He brought it to Seth’s attention.

“Let’s take him out,” Seth suggested. The two zoomed towards the Fighter together. As they got nearer, another Skenvi Fighter zoomed past them, firing. Knowing it would cause problems if they ignored it, Seth broke away to chase after it, wishing Raven good luck.

Raven, now alone, concentrated on keeping with the Expert Skenvi Fighter as it zoomed about, twisting and turning around the floating wreckage of other ships. Raven got the impression that it was trying to loose him.

Of course that impression was soon proved to be a wrong one as the Fighter flipped up and landed behind Raven, firing instantly.

Raven quickly dodged to the side, narrowly escaping the blasts, and then also pulled up behind, once again coming up behind the Expert Fighter. He fired at it, but it dodged his shots with seeming ease.

Raven cursed under his breath as two other Skenvi Fighters arrived and he had to break away from his attack to dodge the incoming shots. Seth returned and blasted at one of the Fighters, blowing it up.
“Thank you, Seth,” Raven communicated with his fellow Jedi.

Raven took out the other Fighter and looked around the zooming Skenvi ships for the one with the burn marks. It didn’t take him long to locate it and returned to his chase.

“You aren’t getting away that easily,” Raven whispered.

Soran avoided laser blasts from two pursuing Skenvi Fighters as he flew in the that blasted corkscrew manner again to dodge the shots. When he straightened himself up, he maneuvered so that he was heading toward the Skenvi Fighters from the side.

He let loose a barrage of laser fire, destroying two of the three Fighters. The third avoided the shots and went to spin up behind Soran, however the wreckage from an exploding ship blasted right into the Fighter’s path and caused it to explode as it collided with the wreckage.

Raven felt like he was getting even more distant from the Expert Skenvi Fighter; it seemed no matter how good he stayed with the Fighter, he still got further away. Wondering if maybe the Fighter had some kind of accelerated speed drive, Raven felt himself getting frustrated and angry at the situation. He quickly forced himself not to think such thoughts before his Master sensed it and gave him a lecture that he heard a hundred times before.

The Skenvi Fighter that Raven was chasing went to fire at a passing X-Wing in front of it, but Soran came out of nowhere and rammed the Expert Fighter from below, sending it straight up into Raven’s path. Raven locked on and fired, blowing it up. He sighed with relief.

“Thank-You, Master. I was having trouble with that one.”

“I know; I could sense your feelings of frustration.”

Raven bit his tongue, hoping that Soran wouldn’t give him a lecture. He decided to cut him off before he could even start. “I’m sorry Master. I tried not to let them control me.”

“Your feelings will always be a part of you, Raven. The true test of a Jedi is learning to control them.” Soran could hear Raven sigh over the COM and silently told himself that there would be a better time to talk about it. They were not in a good place for such a talk. “We’ll talk more about this when we return to the Temple. Right now we have a battle to mop up.”

Raven breathed a sigh of relief as Soran’s ship flew away from him. He had no doubt that Soran would lecture him when they returned, for Soran was not a forgetful person, but at least he was saved from such a boring speech for the time-being and could concentrate on the battle. Of course, that was assuming there was still a battle going on.

Raven scanned the area and saw a couple X-Wings take out the last of the Skenvi Fighters and noted that the large War Ships, now empty of Bandit Fighters, turning and preparing to jump to hyperspace as the platoon of X-Wing fighters started zooming toward them.

“Seems to be all clear, Master.”

Soran replied on the channel to all the ships, “Alright, it's all clear. I say we head home.”

Just as the Skenvi War Ships left into hyperspace in the blink of an eye, the remaining X-Wings and Jedi Starfighters turned around and zoomed back away.

Raven realized he would be getting that lecture sooner then he hoped. He turned down his radio and rolled his eyes as Soran lectured him during the long trip home.