Author Topic: Rachel and Tobias, Would she had liked him if he wasnt trapped as a hawk?  (Read 7810 times)

Offline Azguard

• God
Re: Rachel and Tobias, Would she had liked him if he wasnt trapped as a hawk?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 08:19:31 PM »
would you girls be attracted to tobias (assuming you don't know that much about him*
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 05:07:11 PM »
I wish I hadn't read through all the books again so quickly(3 days) cause one of the later ones, Rachel's point of view, talked about how she liked Tobias before he was trapped as a hawk.  But I doubt it was much of a relationship as much as she thought he was cute.  I think the Hawk may have added pity, but that alone wouldn't be enough. 
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
 Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 08:21:35 PM »
I think that old human tobias was alot different than later hawk tobias, he was more confident and assertive. But rachel liked him before he changed, I think because her parents split up she prized loyalty and responsibility alot more, which tobias demonstrated right from the start, rachel and tobias were the only two who were completely sure they were going to fight.

I think Rachel and Marco had a real connection during the war. They seem like best friends almost, how they understand eachother and see things the same way, and obviously enjoy their humorous back and forth. I think in MM4 rachel just began to see the qualities in marco that she respected and was attracted to. I think there was an attraction between them, but almost an understanding that they werent right for eachother because while they teased and flirted neither of them actually ever tried to make anything from it

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 08:31:05 PM »
From the subtle hints in the first book, we can easily tell that Rachel cares about Tobias. For example, when Tobias points out that nobody gives a damn about him, Rachel insists that she does.

Some people might claim that Megamorphs #4 was evidence against this, but that was a reality where they didn't get the morphing power or join the war at all (at least to begin with). However, if they had still got the morphing power and fought the Yeerks but Tobias hadn't been trapped, Rachel and Marco would have ended up the same as always and Tobias would have ended up dating Rachel at some point, probably way before the first Jake/Cassie kiss.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 08:52:39 PM »
they admited their feelings 2 one another way b4 the jake and cassie kiss. those 2 were def meant to be way since the beginning b4 tobias became a hawk
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline Patrick Ripoll

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 09:05:40 PM »
Rachel was not lover of Tobias even when he was sampled human-self from memory dream. So why would her love his without hawkness?

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2008, 11:55:45 PM »
would you girls be attracted to tobias (assuming you don't know that much about him*

I'm not sure. I don't think I'd be able to be with a hawk though :P
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 04:41:49 PM »
as was said earlier, back in book 1 she showed obvious caring for him, even tho he was still human.
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 07:28:12 PM »
I agree, I believe that it was Tobias that Rachel liked, not Hawk-Tobias.  I think Rachel just had the bravery to admit it after Tobias was trapped.
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 08:14:51 PM »
I challenge the premise of the question.  Tobias wouldn't be Tobias without becoming a nothlit.  KA gives us front-row seats of his struggle to come to terms with his hawkishness, and how it changes him.  Without his predator half, he would have remained merely a poetic, depressed, total wuss.  He wouldn't have done anything like the cat-chasing, butt-kicking, swimming, torture-enduring, self-sacrificing, merciful, heroic Tobias we all know.

Seriously, who here is happy with MM4 Tobias?  He's very much not Tobias, just someone similar with the same name, an earlier, pathetic revision who dies a pathetic--but entirely in-character--death.
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

Offline dolphin4077

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 11:01:12 PM »
I challenge the premise of the question.  Tobias wouldn't be Tobias without becoming a nothlit.  KA gives us front-row seats of his struggle to come to terms with his hawkishness, and how it changes him.  Without his predator half, he would have remained merely a poetic, depressed, total wuss.  He wouldn't have done anything like the cat-chasing, butt-kicking, swimming, torture-enduring, self-sacrificing, merciful, heroic Tobias we all know.

Seriously, who here is happy with MM4 Tobias?  He's very much not Tobias, just someone similar with the same name, an earlier, pathetic revision who dies a pathetic--but entirely in-character--death.

But my question is could Tobias have become the character we all love and did those things you mentioned if he had stayed a human Animorph? 

Offline Aldrea

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2009, 12:45:40 AM »
yea. she did say she cared 4 him wen he sed no one cared. & he also used 2 sit only on her arm in da 1st book. They barely knew each other then, and he had just been trapped 4 a few days. Buy yea, Marco and Rachel would have been a better couple. Except that Rachel is way taller than Marco.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2009, 02:22:24 AM »
well ya know what? I think this is what was happening. marco and rachel would have dated had they openly admitted that they liked each other. but openly admitting it would just destroy the playful chemistry they had with each other.

think of it like this. you know that stage right before you admit to a girl or guy that you liked each other. you know, the playful "i think you like me, but i'm not entirely sure so we'll just dance around each other" stage? that one stage where you don't ever really tell each other directly that you care for the other person? you want to, but you're still holding back? i think rachel and marco stayed at that stage. and probably mainly because marco probably never made a serious move (considering rachel is his best friend's cousin), and when tobias came along something else started and that playful chemistry between marco and rachel just stayed where it was. maybe went back a little.

but my question, is why would a girl like rachel like tobias? even in the very first book, wasn't that where they actually met? was it physical features? or what?
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline nat

• ^Credit to INTJf
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 04:16:08 AM »
but my question, is why would a girl like rachel like tobias? even in the very first book, wasn't that where they actually met? was it physical features? or what?

This one. I wonder about it too.

Rachel is tough from the beginning, it was Tobias who changed throughout the series, from a helpless kid into a stronger (and wiser? I got the vibes) one. What attraction did Rachel found inside Tobias? Did she ever had a real, like, conversation with him before they all meet at the mall? To at least knew something about him that made him more worthy than he seemed for her? Was it just pheromone? :P

For about why Tobias liked Rachel, I don't know the answer also... (perhaps it's just The Rachel Charm or something) But at least in MM2 he clarified it. Then we don't have to wonder. Whatever reason he had, he definitely had a crush with Rachel from the very start.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2009, 01:29:59 PM »
I don't remember Tobias dying in MM4. Last thing I remembered, he was close to becoming a voluntary controller.

Ani-Master 2014!