Author Topic: What would it be like if Animorphs met Harry Potter?  (Read 976 times)

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
What would it be like if Animorphs met Harry Potter?
« on: December 10, 2011, 09:57:58 AM »

I'm interested in hearing what YOU guys think of what it would be like if Harry Potter met the Animorphs. Obviously, the Yeerks would want Wizarding hosts, not because of their sheer power in battle; hell, they could be killed just by blasting down on them orbit, but for their highly specialized skills, hiding places, teleporting, immortality, etc. I think the Yeerks would invade the Wizarding world in secret, but would they still strike up a deal with Voldemort? How would they be able to infest someone whose soul is split? Can Occlumency block Yeerk control? And more importantly, will the wizards, faced with high technology such as morphing, spaceships, and aliens, finally get their heads out of their asses and realize that their Andalite-like arrogance about wizard superiority is WRONG? Both sides have equal and impressive strengths that give them advantages over the other, but they are still both equal races. You notice how the so-called "good wizards" blather and babble all about equality and peace between Muggles and wizards, blah, blah, blah, but they never put it into practice? They may think Muggles don't deserved to be hunted down and tortured, but they in no way believe them to be an equal society, maybe even *gasp* more advanced than their precious magic. You notice the condescending, patriarchal way in which they speak of Muggles, patting them on their head as if they are inferior species. I imagine the Andalites wouldn't stand for that at all. ;D

Anyway, thoughts?

NateSean

Re: What would it be like if Animorphs met Harry Potter?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 10:58:31 AM »
I think you started a thread like this earlier this year and I made a response, but it never went beyond that post.

To reiterate what I posted, I don't think wizards would be all that different from another infestible race to the Yeerks. Magic would be regarded as some advanced form of psychic or telepathic ability and the Yeerks would study and adapt the "technology" to use against other species.

If anything, getting a hold of one wizard or witch would make the invasion of Earth and subsequently, the Andalite homeworld, a whole lot easier because then you'd have someone who could cast the Imperius curse on the rest of the population to get them to come to the Yeerk Pool.

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 11:02:53 AM »

I don't really remember making another thread like this... are you talking about Muggles vs. Wizards? :huh:

But yeah, the Imperius Curse would be useful. The Yeerks could just cast it on Muggles in packs and lead them willingly to the Yeerk pools. ;D

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 03:43:07 PM »
All I know is that Ax would be in heaven with all that magical candy.  He'd probably make Bertie Bott's a billionaire.

Offline Ouroboros

• Oooh, I have pants now. This is an improvement.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
All I know is that Ax would be in heaven with all that magical candy.  He'd probably make Bertie Bott's a billionaire.

Haha!

But on topic...I think it would be a difficult thing to try to work out. I could certainly see the wizard population just staying out of it, and I'm sure they would quickly find a way to ferret out controllers or come up with a magical defense against the Yeerks.

*shrug*

But maybe not.

Thanks to Seal for the sig!

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 04:54:05 PM »

Yeah, like reading minds to find out if more than one is there, or reading their minds screaming for help. But wizards have been shown to be INCREDIBLY stupid. There are a few exceptional ones, but even they're bound by the lack of common sense that permeates the wizarding world.

esplin

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »
If the two universes met they would just implode.  Visser 3 and Voldermorts egos would just create a black hole. ;]

Its hard to say for real though, wizards are ignorant of technology and the yeerks would be fairly ignorant of magic.  If I was to choose an imaginary universe to live in I would probably pick Harry Potter and use magic to explore space :3

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 12:49:16 AM »

Yeah, but I'd still rather have Andalite arrogance than wizard arrogance. They fail to realize we're an equal human society like them.

esplin

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 01:34:30 AM »
Yeah they both kinda suck in that manner.  I just think magic would be more fun. :]

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 01:42:01 AM »

Probably, true, but so would morphing, and you don't have to worry about being limited to one form. :P Of course, there is that pesky time limit...