Author Topic: My Three Theories: The Time Matrix, the Pemalites, and the Pyramids  (Read 732 times)

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
Here are my theories.

For the Time Matrix, it was said in TAC that the Time Matrix was created by the mythical race known as the Ellimists, but it was confirmed that that was merely Andalite superstition since they didn't even know if the Time Matrix or the Ellimist existed, so naturally they may have gotten some of their facts wrong. My new theory is thus: That the Time Matrix is what remains of the Ellimist's original body; it was created as he fell in the black hole, remained in Z-space, and fused with the fabric of space-time, so the entire creation event of the Time Matrix might have been a simple accident, which would make sense if the Ellimist really couldn't destroy it, as was stated, although he may have just been keeping it around for his game with Crayak, but that is debatable.

My second theory is to preserve the Time Matrix and keep it out of bad people's hands, he gave it to the Pemalites, his chosen race. He knew they could never commit an evil act, so it was the logical choice. Perhaps the Howlers, and by definition Crayak, had been looking for the Time Matrix for centuries, millennia even, and it wasn't until 3000 B.C. that they succeeded, and that was the entire reason they invaded the Pemalite home world. Of course, if true, it would mean the Pemalites ordered the Chee to NOT use the Time Matrix to save them and took it with them to Earth while they were fleeing the Howlers' germ attacks.

My third theory is the pyramids. Erek stated that he and his Chee brethren arrived around the time of the pyramids, since Erek said he helped build it. He said he was a laborer and had to act like he was weak since he was actually forty times stronger than them(?). My theory is that while they were building it, he and a bunch of his friends hid the Time Matrix underneath it, where, as we all know, it remained until 1975.

Well, what do you think? Are they reasonable theories?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 12:15:39 AM by Darth Zakryn »

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: My Three Theories: The Time Matrix, the Pemalites, and the Pyramids
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 01:01:45 AM »
Two questions
1)"if the Ellimist really couldn't destroy it, as was stated"
Where was this stated, I can't recall?

2)Though it's not said directly, it would seem that Crayak would have used methods identical or similar to the Ellimist to transcend space time: so it would follow that a Time Matrix should have been made then too, and he definitely wouldn't need the Ellimist's then; any explanation as to why that would not occur?

Like part 3
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 01:05:37 AM »
1) "Because of what it was, it could not be physically destroyed. But it had been hidden. As we watched, dumbfounded and afraid, the computer replayed the Skrit Na computer log." - TAC, pg. 57

2) It's possible Crayak just used a different method. We're never told how he did it, just that he did it.

EDIT: Oh no! My post count is 666! Ah! Beware the mark of the devil! >:D

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 01:20:16 AM »
I like your theories. In my Pemalite Chronicles fic, I'm (eventually) going to get into stuff about the Time Matrix being in the care of the Pemalites. On your first point, though, about the Time Matrix being what's left of the Ellimist's body... I thought of that, too, but in the Ellimist Chronicles is specifically stated that Crayak destroyed ALL the pieces of his original body. I noticed this because I wanted to use the same theory in my fanfic. But then it didn't work. :(
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 01:29:06 AM »

Huh. Well, what do you know? :huh: