Author Topic: Ellimist Chronicles 2: The Game  (Read 1583 times)

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
Ellimist Chronicles 2: The Game
« on: November 28, 2008, 08:47:18 AM »
I'm just copying my story from RAF Classic, cause i'm gonna work on it some more.

Chapter 1

And the final game we played. And the rules we set, those dreaded rules, that I somehow knew one of us would break eventually, were mostly based on the rules set in the game we used to play on Ket. The first rule was a compromise with me and Crayak, and is as follows: for the first one million years, we would each do the least interactions needed with our chosen species to win, then for the rest of the future, up to and approaching infinity, we would be able to fully interact with the species. The next rule: if our chosen species assimilated another species, other than one already chosen, that the player who chose the species that was the assimilator, would also be responsible for the assimilated species. The last rule: We would not interfere with the chosen species of the other player. That last one would have no meaning in the future.

We chose our species with great care. Well, I did. Crayak already was done by the time I even considered about which one I would choose. He chose a parasitic species called “Yeerks.” At first his decision confused me. The Yeerks were basically helpless to themselves. They had to infest and take control of another species in order to move great distances. They only had control of one species on their planet called Gedds. The Yeerks lived in large pools of water, and feed off of a special type of radiation their sun gave off.
But they had to constantly exit the Gedd body and feed off of this radiation. That was their major flaw. They could not stay in a host body long enough to establish space travel. But then I understood his choice. This species, out of the millions he destroyed, was the only one that he didn’t. I couldn’t figure if it was either because he was sympathising with their condition, or he was going to come back and use them for his own purposes.

My choice of species was very difficult. I was going to choose either the Andalites, the species that I had stayed with for a whole lifespan, or I was going to choose a species I had saved from Crayak, they lived on the third planet from their star, but all of the species on that planet had yet to evolve to their potential. So in the end, I did choose the Andalites, but I think it was more out of respect for Tree, my Andalite love. I looked back through the strands of space-time and actually discovered that descendants of Tree and Flower were still living.

And so, we began the game of eternity.
“I’ll take the Andalites, if you choose to accept,” I said.
“Gladly,” he said. It reminded me of the last game I played on Ket. “You underestimate the value of sheer aggression, you’re an Idealist.”
It sounded exactly like the conversation I had with Redfar before the game between the Pangabans and the Gunja Wave. Only then had I realized that I had not changed since the last fateful day on Ket and this last battle with Crayak, but I actually did change in one small way.
“Oh? Well step into my lair, said the Dreth to the Chorkant,” I said. I regretted saying those words the moment they were said. Crayak would think I was a child, still stuck in my memories of a life that will never be again.
“I hope you aren’t losing your mind, Ellimist,” said Crayak, “because that might mean the end of the universe as we know it.”
“Don’t worry, Crayak, you will know it before I do,” I said, and we began.

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
Re: Ellimist Chronicles 2: The Game
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 08:47:51 AM »
Chapter 2

The Andalite Species had changed somewhat in my absence. Firstly, they now used their tail blades no longer for self defence, but as a game piece, in a sort of “sparring.” They also now hold the Tail Blade as a sign of Andalitity, because, the one thing that surprised me the most was that the most severe punishment on the Andalite home world is to have your tail blade removed. I thought these Andalites would evolve to have peace and caring, but they had violence. But a positive surprise I got was that they used their “Thought-Speak” to an amazing efficiency.

Just as I used to, I went down to the surface, in a sort of non-visible way, to get a feel for the “texture” of the game, as we call it. The Andalites had flourished greatly, which I can probably attribute to the fact that all of the Six-Legged Creatures had died out by then. That made me wonder if the Andalites were the only sentience on this planet. I did a quick search of the planet and found a very surprising fact. Besides Andalites, all of the insects, the fish, and the birds and small mammals, one species that was living more than not, did not move, did not breath in oxygen, and was rather smart, were the Trees. These things were the most unpredictable things I could ever imagine. A plant with sentience. Amazing. Therant Trees, as they were called. They were extremely slow plants, complete with photosynthesis. Some of them even used words to communicate, even though it would take at least a few hours to say a word. It amazed me how much evolution could take into its own control.

Andalites had some technology, though it wasn’t very advanced. They had vehicles to allow them to move along the ground at a quickened rate, but the one thing that startled me the most was that they had grow to develop weapons. I thought Andalites would have no enemies. They had none of those six-legged creatures to worry about. I assumed they would grow up to be a peaceful species. Live in peace and joy and cooperate with each other. They were to distracted with weapons to notice one disastrous thing; they had excess smog coming from their cities clogging up their atmosphere, causing it to thin out exponentially.

I did exactly what I did the last time I inhabited an Andalite, except for the fact I couldn’t synthesize a new Andalite, because I didn’t have any of my equipment. It would be to hard to create a brand new strand of space-time with my hands anyway, so I decided that I would break the rules and inhabit a currently existing Andalite. I wasn’t going to lose this quickly into the game.

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 08:48:34 AM »
Chapter 3

I looked through the strands of space time to look for Tree’s descendants and I was glad to see one of them was actually one of the current leaders in the government. I decided to take over that Andalite’s body for my mission.

I then convinced the rest of their leaders to break down the cities because they were too crammed up with no room for grazing. They broke down their cities and eventually used the old metal from the buildings to further advance their space program. They then divided the land between all of the families, planted more Therant Trees, and gave each family a “Scoop” which acted as a home in a cave in the ground. They now needed to make the spacecraft. Someone else, an Andalite named Wolfram Landolt Alnicor, came up with an amazing idea to solve that problem. He suggested that each separate family make a different part of the spacecraft, then acting as one big sort of factory among the whole planet. Wolfram’s idea was actually quite decent. My idea was better, in my opinion, but I doubted that they would’ve ever understood it. It involved nano-electron, particle emitting microwave radiation, but I figured it would be too much for one millennium.

When I left the Andalite’s body, I made sure that he assumed all of my work. I had saved a species, but at what cost? Did Crayak know of my work? I needed to ask Crayak if he wanted to speed time up for a few millennia.
“Crayak!,” I called out. It took a while, but he finally answered.
“Are you wishing to tell me that you are ready to forfeit, Ellimist?” He asked. What a relief, he didn’t know what I had done with my species. I decided to answer.
“Only in your mind would I quit,” I answered, “Are you ready to speed it up?”
“Not yet, Ellimist.”
What? Crayak of all creatures is the one that rushes through and gets things done as quick as possible. What was he up to? I looked and saw what he had been doing. He had quite the problem with his species.

With the Yeerks being a parasitic species, they could inhabit almost any living creature’s body with ease, but this one species could only stay in the body for a short while, before they have to leave their host and feed off of the rare Kandrona rays emitting from their sun. They were not able to create space travel due to this fact.

This is where I made the biggest mistake of the game, the one that would almost make me lose. I sympathised with Crayak, thinking it wasn’t fair that his species would lose so soon into the game. I gave his species spaceflight.

I had made an Andalite take the fall for the mistake that I had made. This Andalite’s name was Prince Seerow. I felt like I had betrayed the Andalite species. I had done it out of sympathy, forgetting to understand the consequences of those actions. I had to get away from the game for awhile. This was too much. I had observed that when Crayak was in the “Real World,” I couldn’t see him in the strands of spacetime (because he didn’t have a strand). I decided to go into the familiar galaxy that I had spent so much time in.

Offline acdc00420

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 02:04:55 PM »
man, thats good i always liked the ellimist chronicles the best please continue

Offline Elfangor Sirinial Shamtul

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 09:14:46 PM »
yes plz post more
There are many dangers for an Andalite in human morph. For one thing, there is the constant danger that you will fall off your two legs. The slightest push and you can topple over. But worst by far, is the danger of taste. Taste is the sense that can drive an Andalite mad! Especially is it involves cinnimon buns or chocolate.
From the earth diary of Aximili Esgarrouth Itsthil

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 11:21:19 PM »
reading. pretty good.
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 09:57:12 PM »
Its too simple. Also I doubt whether the ellimist's morality would actually involve controlling a species. As well the game is one dimensional one species against another the Crayak and the Ellimist fought their battles with possibly Decillions (yes this is an actual word) of species in Decillions of systems. Also it is well known the Crayak created the Howlers and the Ellimist created the Pemdalites. It's a good overall concept and story idea, however the Ellimist is far too direct, and the storyline far too one dimensional. I suggest re-reading the Ellimist chronicles before you continue any further.
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!