Author Topic: A-H war  (Read 5373 times)

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
Re: A-H war
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 01:52:24 PM »
Tiamat

Jack relaxed just as I said and I surged to fill the gap between his mind and his body.
I did not have total control, (jack could still push me out if he wanted to) but that didn’t concern me at the moment. Using his eyes, I looked up at the computer screen and used the mouse in front of me to wake the computer. The computer responded with a request for the era which the combat was to happen. I looked over all of them. WWII, WWI, Mid ages, Roman age, ect. I choose Roman. Then the computer asked for the difficulty level. The difficulty level was based on a number scale where 1 was the lowest and 5 was the highest. I wonder how powerful a computer combatant could be. I hit the 5 button on the keyboard. The computer beeped and booted, then showed a progress bar. This left me time to think for the moment. I sat back in the cold steel chair and blocked jack from my thoughts. I didn’t need him to know what my train of thought was at the moment. The topic at hand in my mind was his sexuality or the lack of it would be a better way to say it. I have no interest in this human as a possible mate but I have been getting reports of the other dragons that have male hosts. Like me, they are constantly observing and keeping track of the human’s activities. They obverted that human males are controlled solely by the urge to reproduce with as many females as he can. They also stated in this theory that the instinct could only be repressed by lowering the testosterone level in the males to the near amount of the females. I would have accepted this stereotype if I had not been with this human. He had every thing needed (physically) for reproduction but he had no drive. The testosterone in his blood was the amount of any normal human and there was no memory of the UNSC removing it. Why this concern me is that this could affect the human’s judgment and that make all the difference in a war zone. I began to look through his memories but there were many gaping holes in them. Then I knew why the holes were there. Jack was holding on to the pieces that would fill the gap. The most noticeable gap was the years that he was 3 to five. From the pieces that he allowed me to see, I managed to conceive some of his life. All memories of his mother were gone from the selves of this area. It was the same with his father. The only memories that I could see did not interest me in anyway nor did it answer my question. Then I tried a different strategy to get my answer. I left his memories and looked around in the physical area of the brain. There I found what I was looking for. The area there the drive was supposed to be had been damaged. It was still functioning but was not being used in anyway that I could see. Curiously, I grabbed a few nerve endings near the drive and found pain was still there. I didn’t take long for me to come up with an answer for my question. The brain blocked out the drive because of the pain. But soon other questions formed from this answer. It wasn’t the UNSC doctors that did this to him; this was too sloppy if they did it. The drive was deep in the brain so someone had to bash him hard to damage this part. I study the bruised organ. This was no kind of bash you could get in a schoolyard fight.
This seemed like someone had kicked him when he was little and had a sloppy doctor fix the damage. Possibilities race across my mind and only one stood out. He could have been a victim of abuse when he was young thus having the ability to damage the drive that had yet to grow. But there was insufficient evidence of this. <Tiamat? > Jack asked, unaware I have done. <What? > I realized that jack had taken back his body and was waiting for me to start the sim. I broke my trance and when back to the issue at hand. <Sorry, I was just thinking about something> I tried to explain without giving my self away. <Well, I need you to start thinking about this sim> he replied. <I can’t do this on my own>. Jack sighed as I asked permission for the body and proceeded to open the game. A mesa rose up from the green default grassland and the center started to slope down. Gently at first but then it turned so steep that even a mountain goat could not climb up it. The mesa quickly turned into a volcano-like mountain with my troops in its crater.
A forest surrounded the mountain’s outer slope, which could be something that I could use if I get that far. The enemy force was then stationed on the steppe with crossbows. My troops were composed of Roman Phalanxes. Their shields especially large to stand against arrows but the shields and armor would be useless unless they work as a team. I watched as their morale dropped like a meteorite in Earth’s gravity. Some broke from the main group and ran for there lives. They where cut down by the rain of arrow from above and their screams silenced. I winched. Now, two thirds of my group was dead or breaking. The centurions (the equivalent of platoon leaders of modern day) ordered my legion to take up the Testudo formation. The other name for it is the tortoise, this formation involved linking the shields together to deflect missiles or in this case, arrows. I ordered them the take up residence along the wall of the crater. They did as they were told and set up a semi-dome of iron shields against the wall. I thought how I could win this situation… then a thought stuck me. I instructed the legion to sleep in shifts and told them to dig into the wall. The Centurions did my most of my work for me, they planned out the shifts when certain people slept, held the shields, and dug. I told the Centurions to dig at night for the enemy would be sleeping then. Progress was going slow at first but then I told them to use some of the spare shields to speed up the process. They continued this pattern until they tunneled out of the other side. I was about to tell the legion to run and flee into the forest when a naive PVT broke from the group and ran out. He never saw one of the guards on the cliff take notice of him leaving and alerted his comrades. 10 guards appeared from the overhang and fired their bows. The arrows arched up and came down on the youth like rain from a monsoon. My troops watched as the foolish trooper was killed. One of the centurions muttered to himself that foolish soldier dissevered that fate for leaving the group. As for myself, I didn’t really care about the death of this one human. I need to complete this mission. I ordered the legion to stay put in the man-made tunnel and to stay there until night fell. It was about 15 mins of real time, which equaled to 3 hours in game time. The soldiers complain and ed about the state that they were in to themselves but keep their mouths shut whenever a centurion was near. I was puzzled at this until caught an infantry when a centurion was near him. The centurion then moved towards the kid, drew out his sword; pick up the combatant and then slit the warrior’s throat. The soldier collapsed on the ground and the centurion finished the job by using his sword to open the head and stepped on the grey matter with his dust-covered sandals. <I didn’t really need to see that> Jack said as the centurion pulled the body-husk out of the cave and threw it to the mercy of the forest landscape. Blood still gushing from the stump that once was his neck. I put this incedent out of my mind and I ordered that two legionnaires to acquire some trees. The idea that I had in my mind now was undermining the slopes where the enemy was stationed on. For this to work, I need lumber to support the weight. Under the cover of night, I got all the wood I need. I thought briefly about sending the entire legion out and escaping but the iron armor that they wore would be too noisy and it would wake the guards up. Then I thought briefly about leaving the armor and weapons behind but what if my troops would happen to run into a checkpoint? This was the safest choice. It took an hour before the undermine when halfway and formed a crescent moon like shape under the mountain. That was all I need to have done. I ordered my soldiers to light a fire and told them to retreat to the mouth of the cave where they first tunneled. The fire weakened the wood that held the cliff up and it proceed to collapse. The oncoming avalanche of stone, human tools, and bodies spread over the game area. My troops didn’t need my order to bolt through the window of opportunity that the crash had provided for them. The remaining enemy troops left on the cliffs attempted to fire, but my troops where already in the forest. The green words mission accomplished appeared on the computer screens as my troops left the game area. I heard a sound and turn to see that the door was open. I felt the feeling of impatience run trough me and I wondered why I would have this feeling. The wondering took less then a second. Jack was waiting for me to release his body, which I did immediately. I severed my connection with the body and he rush to take the void that I left. I found my self tired and eager for some sleep. The training exercise has taken a lot more than what I had expected. I relaxed in my own little corner of Jack’s brain and was content to stay there.
Taking over this body like a yeerk was not in my nature nor was it in my ability. If there was a conflict between me and Jack over this human form, I would most certainly lose. The UNSC made sure of that… my mind trailed on two main things as Jack walked out of the room. The first was the dreams that I have been having…dreams of me being locked in an ice cave, feeling unbearable rage for a black dragon and intense sadness for an iron colored one. Why I felt these feeling where a mystery for me, then I heard a voice. The voice I heard sounded like it was off in the distance but came closer with every second. Jack woke me before it or I had a confrontation. The other thing that was one my weary mind was one of the many facts that I had keep from Jack. The first and foremost was the fact as long as I was with him, he would never age or fall victim to illness. Death can still take him on the battlefield, but that would be the only place where it could take him. He was immoral, not invincible. But I feel like I have damned him just the same. Many think that immorally is the ultimate gift but in truth, it is the ultimate curse. My mind continued to wonder as time past, seeking any answers for the questions in my mind…

Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 01:53:46 PM »
Jack

The labyrinth of hall networks made their selves apparent as soon as I go into the dim-lit hallway. I cursed then pulled out the map. I felt something hitting my left foot over and over again. I looked down to see one of the rat/robots that inhabited the corridors of this place. I grabbed it and turned it upside down. Its wheels flailed in vain to grip the ground and stopped as I open the command compartment. I slid open the compartment door to revile a map and a computerized voice asking me where I wanted to go. “The exit” I replied. The thing beeped as I slid the door back in place. I placed it on the ground and it ran off into the darkness, leaving me to stand there. Shows how intelligent the AI of this age is. <The computer is only as good as its programmer> Tiamat added. I ignored her for the most part. Then I heard a constant beeping that sounded like I was in an ancient submarine with sonar pinging off its shape. I followed the sound, figuring it to be the robot. I continued to follow the sound until I alas reached the door to the outside. I when out into the lobby and looked for Cortez. The robot the guide me turned back into the darkness, chirping as it went. I spied Cortez in one of the numerous chairs that surrounded the lobby. He took noticed and motioned me to come closer. When I got close enough, he pulled out and threw a energy bar to me. “You stayed in the Sim too long so we will have to skip lunch and fighter practice for ya.” I ripped the plastic off of the power bar and popped into my mouth. I chewed it just enough to swallow it without damaging my throat. “Before we get to the next class,” Cortez said, trying to ignore the fact I had my mouth open. I finished the bar and said “and what is that, sir?” a snicker when across his rugged face. “Don’t blow your self up, your going to Assault-Armor practice next.” Then he turned briskly on the heels of his military issued boot and started walking out the door. When I reached the door, the bright sunlight hit my face any my eyes painfully dilated. It was nearly blinding to follow Cortez through the camp but I managed. I did not see or recognize the path to the Assault-Armor training ground but I did sense the cool wind rush out of the doorway when we entered the complex. My eyes became adjusted to the florescent lights overhead as soon as we walked in. The building looked like a hangar of sorts. Big enough to house two fighters side by side. The building was transformed into a target arena. Each area had a distinct “feel” you could call it. There was a barren landscape, which was noting more than a plot of dirt with a few things growing out of it. There was a desert landscape (it was nothing more than a plot of sand). There was an urban landscape that had everything, from the out-of-date telephone wires to cars. As I gawked at the area, Cortez moved to a door in the wall. Right next to the door was a 10 by 10 feet door. I heard the distinct roar of a truck and the 10-frame door opened. It did not swing open or bust open. It simply when up. Cortez then yelled at me to get out of the way and I did promptly. He backed out a turquoise mover that had a robot looking suit on the back of it. The color of it was night-black and bipedal (it was humanoid) Cortez then press a button that lowered the thing from the back of the truck. Two prods shot out and picked up the suit and placed it gently on the solid ground. He pressed the same button again and they retracted. He then pulled the vehicle back into the storage area. As he did, I got a closer look at the suit. The first things I noticed were the arms of the suit. They had diamond bit saws the gleamed when the light from above hit them in a certain way. They say that a diamond is a woman’s best friend but the way they were positioned on this saw, It looked like it could make mice-meat out of anything. A flash of memory appeared in my mind when they showed us the vids from when the war began. The UNSC didn’t bother editing the tapes; they showed us exactly how the chain saws were used…now, as I look at the chain saws blades, I just can’t stop imaging them covered with blue blood, alien entrails, or organs. I broke my gaze at the jewel bit saws to the upper forearm. This was were all of the weaponry was keep when not in use. I spied a claw, (it was designed more like a tool than a melee combat weapon) a gun about the size of my fist, and a similar one underneath the forearm. I looked up at the copper-colored visor and saw that it was just like a mirror. This didn’t really perk my interest and I moved on. The size of the AA (Assault Armor) was about the size of the average man but I hardly looked human. As I stated before, the color of its outer shell was black, but I never noticed the texture of it. The AA shined as if it was just polished. I ran my finger down the plates of armor on the back of the AA. I felt the cold, smooth, metallic, shell of the machine as my finger ran down each shield of armor. There was no visible entrance that I could see to enter such a thing. “Examining your new toy?” my head whipped around to the source of the voice to find it belonged to Cortez. He must have gotten in as I was looking at this thing. I looked him in the eyes and figured that there was no point of lying to him. “Yes sir” I stated to him. A small smile flicked through his day-old beard. “Now, I need to get to the control room and turn the AA on.” I was puzzled for a minute as he said this. Tiamat (who was observing all this time) broke her silence by answering this question. <He doesn’t want you inside the Assault Armor unless he has the off button> she answered <so you don’t shoot the place up> I listened but didn’t give a reply; I was too busy looking at what my instructor was doing. Cortez climbed his way to a series of platforms suspend on razor-thin wires. They bounced and swayed to the side when he leapt from one to the other. I knew from the day at orientation that he was a SpecOp vet but I never really imaged that a person at that age could move that fast. He reached the room and I heard the screeching of the speakers as they came on. I heard a sound that sounded like air rushing in to fill a vacuum and turned around to see that the AA was limp and the upper torso was bent over to the front. The plates of the back of the AA shifted upwards, watching as each lower plated slid in place beneath that higher one. The AA lower legs shells popped open as if someone had a pushed it out from the inside. They swung to the side and wait for me to climb in. I watched as the process was
completed and the AA was fully opened. “What are you waiting for?” Cortez boomed over the warehouse’s speaker COM (that he had the volume set way too high I might add). I went cautiously to the AA and wondered how I was supposed to step in the thing. Without thinking, I moved forward for some unknown reason and had both of my feet in the “shoe” of the AA. Then the assault armor sensed my presence inside it and started to close up. I felt the assault armor adjust to my size and weight. I felt the cold metal of it adjust so it could fit my shoe. Then it proceeded more rapidly. The back of my hamstring when cold as the armor closed in a matter of seconds. I felt the plates on the back of the AA reform and reorganized like a snake moving through grass. They closed the only source of light as they danced and slithered into their places. Then I feel a series of clicking then a sense of vertigo that lasted for a second then disappeared. Then the AA visor came on-line. It bleeped the green words START UP COMPETE that disappeared to show me the warehouse. The motion sensor came online and took up residence on the lower left corner of the screen. I noticed that several images covered the visor, one showed what weapon he had out in the current moment in the lower right corner, another showing the AA in sections. All of the sections were green at the moment so I assumed that the AA was fine. “All right, I can see from here that the AA has you buckled down petty good,” said Cortez from a pair of speakers on the left and right side of the helmet. “Try to move around in it but don’t do anything stupid, we all ready have enough soldiers dying on the fronts”. Obeying Cortez’s order, I took a step and found that the suit followed my every movement precisely as my brain had given them. I paced back and forth with AA. I found that I could change the vision settings in the visor just by thinking about them. There are four setting that I could use. The first was the normal setting that I was using at this moment. The second was infrared which was useless right now. The third was night vision, which doused everything in a sickly green. The fourth and final one filled the visor with static blue that active electronic equipment as a source of light.
I flipped through all of them out of inertest but I soon started to do it out of boredom. The weapons in a not responsive state right now and all I could do were just paced back and forth. As I did, I wondered why Tiamat was so quite but it took me a second to find out. From out of nowhere I got a mental picture of me being in a cave that was the size of one of the dorms that we slept in. the cave seemed to be craved out granite rock and was smooth to the touch. I was one on side of the cave while a red sleeping dragon lay on the other. The exit was to my left let in sunlight the reflected off the walls. Tiamat slept peacefully on stone slab, occasionally, jerking her pebbled textured head to the side as if acting out some part to a play in her sleep. I looked over her with awe. She was the perfect fusion of power and beauty. It was like a hunter admiring the color of a cobra or the skin of a lion. A sharp yell from the speakers brought me back in to real world. “Jack!” Cortez yelled through the suit’s speakers “GET YOUR ASS TO THE AREA NOW!!!” he roared. Amazingly, Taimat stayed asleep through all this, which was good. I didn’t need her input at this moment. A map appeared on the visor and let me down a maze of areas. I spied the door that had the sign with AREA 1 in neon letters. The door automatically opened as I approached it and I got my look inside. The entire area was a targeting range where caters and bullet shells laid. I looked at the shell and found they were out of place here. The AA minigun fired caseless bullets so I figured they must have come from the secondly gun. “If you stop day-dreaming for a minute, we could actually get something done on time.” Cortez mutter in the mic, “I shutting the area’s door so don’t piss in your pants if you see the door closing.”
True to his words, the door started to close. I watched slowly as it moved down and quickly scanned the area once it did. The best way to describe the land that I was in was to say that it was barren. No grass, no bush, no plants of any kind. I looked up at the walls of this cage. They weren’t really walls as I thought them to be on closer inspection. They were more like doors. Static came through the speakers and Cortez’s voice followed. “ Now I going to remotely activating the AA weapons and send some holo-drones for you to shoot at” he said “go crazy with the AA and I enable a self-destruct button that I have up here”. I got the last part and waited for the weapons to come on-line. It took a second then two new icons appeared on the screen. They were located in the bottom corners of the screen and displayed the ammo that I had available. 999 rounds of continuous fire for miniguns had me impressed. The UNSC kept expanding the AA’s limit time after time but I never thought that they could pack that much ammo in to such a little machine.
Suddenly the system heard the high pitch whine of the holo-drones and opened a database comparing it to all known sounds. It found the signature sound of the drone and opened a window that showed the stats of the thing. I closed the popups windows with thought alone and will my mind to the task ahead. Three drones shot out of a vent overhead and zipped down in a circular pattern. When they reached the ground, they projected three images of andalites. One was an Aristh, while the other two were older. The younger one charged me while the other two stood back and morphed. The Aristh was fixing to swing his blade with all his might at my head, determined to crush it with one blow. I acted on instinct; the minigun on my left hand retracted and a chain saw appeared. It was a second latter before it was buzzing and humming in my hand. The andalite swung at my head in that instant. I had only a second to time the shot when I sliced his tail off. The Aristh fell on the ground, blue blood still gushing from the tail. I stood over him and looked down. The andalite looked at me with all four eyes in fear. I retracted the minigun from my left hand and replaced it with a claw. With one quick movement, I reached down, grabbed the two stalk eyes, pulled up on the stalks, and lifted the andalite’s head so I could expose his neck. I buried the saw into his neck. Bits of tendons and muscle shot out from the saw and blue blood stained the floor. Strange, older holograms never show blood or body bits… this must be the newer version. I dropped the head and turned to face the other two. One looked like Medusa with whips coming out of its head while the other looked like a tiger with a mouth too big and full of shark teeth. The AA sized up the threat and gave me a suggestion. It asked to engage platform mode, which I said yes for the hell of it. Four beams shot out of the thorax of the AA and rooted me to the ground. The miniguns flashed out in under a second. The AA entered auto-targeting and unloaded on
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 01:54:27 PM »
the freaks. A foot long flame shoot out of my arm every .3seconds. The snakehead tired to attack but it simply cease to live after 40 rounds tore .5 millimeter holes through it.

The cat thing climbed up the wall and tired to attack from above. The AA pulled my arm upwards and fired. A sudden twitch in my arm moved the stream of bullets to miss the cat and hit the projectors. The cat vanished as did all of the gore. “Those are come out of your paycheck” Cortez growled. “Those were our last AA training drones Jack so I guess you get back to the set-up area” the same map appeared and navigated me back to the point.

I stepped on the white square signaling where I was to disengage from the AA. I briefly wondered how I was going to get out of this thing but as soon as that thought crossed my mind, it started to open. I heard the iron plates part and fold up like they did when I first entered it. The armor released my lower body and I stepped out of it. The cool air of the building greeted me and I enjoyed it. I had barely realized that I was sweating in the AA. I heard a beeping sound coming from one of my pockets on the strap on my belt. I flipped the brown cloth flap over and picked up the speaker. I placed it so it would fit comfortably on my ear and listened to Cortez. “All right” he said, “proceed Area 5 for your Bio-armor training.” I smiled as I walked off of the square platform. I found the door that had the number five painted on it in bold white paint. The door slid upwards into the wall as I approached it to reveal a room. The room it’s self was medium sized. I walked into find a another door that had a red and a green light on top of its frame. The red one was lit so I assumed it was locked. I looked to the left of to see a bench supported by two chains that attached to the wall. On the beach was a stack of papers. “I have never done this type of training for this type of ‘equipment’ so I’ve given you the complete report of what the guys in the white coats have done to you” Cortez blankly said. I picked out the papers and read it over

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 01:55:20 PM »
UNSC REPORT ON THE BIO-ARMOR

The bio-armor is really a symbiotic organism that bonds to any living creature that it comes in contact with and has the remarkable ability to manipulate the DNA of the host.
The armor can be programmed to take on a shape of another animal once a host is clamed. Then the armor represses the host original DNA so that it would take on the appearance of which it was programmed to do. I have never seen anything like it….
The armor is capable of emitting powerful hormones that allow cells to heal wounds at astonishing rates but this only happens when the armor intakes iron. The armor allows the host to share instincts with the mimicked animal and in some cases, allow shared intelligence with the mimicked animal. We have caught this problem early and have altered the armor so that the host will always dominate over the other intelligence. The main drawback of the Armor is that it can only take the shape for which it was designed for which leaves the andalites at an advantage. We have only one bio-armor type currently in the works and that is the “dragon” type. We have used the dragon DNA and fused it with the bio-armor but we have found that some of the DNA was incomplete so we fused it with Hork-Bajir DNA. The Hork-Bajir DNA adds spikes to the forearms of the dragon thus making it more deadly. But other than that, it only supports the dragon DNA.

I skipped the rest. It was telling me things that I already knew. There was a red button on the left side of the door. I pressed it. The button’s texture was hard but that didn’t really matter. The door slid upwards to reveal a city like landscape. It looked like a 21 first century city. Or I could have been a city if it wasn’t the lack of human life. The marks of war were present on the area. A collapsed building had steel points showing through the rubble. It was clear that Spec Ops had used this area before. There was a flash of static and I hear Cortez’s voice break though. “I’m sending a holo drone out there” he said, “ it will take the form of an andalite but it will change into some type of citter, your job is to kill it”. The blue glow of a Holo drone floated out onto the area as soon as he was done talking. I began to change as soon as I spotted the andalite appear. The change was going smoother and faster than the previous encounters. My skin hardened and proceeded to turn into dragon hied. Talons burst out of my shoes and hands, my back give way for my wings and then… I saw something out of the corner of my eye, a blur of blue fuzz. I sniffed the air, nothing. But still I wanted prey. I opened my wings and flapped them. A mighty gust of wind came forth with the down stroke. I waited for a breeze that I could fly on but none came. A buff of smoke appeared as I sorted in disapproval. I was just going have to make do with hunting on foot. I walked along the main street with my claws clicking the pavement. I stopped in front of a collapsed building. The building was about four stories high with heavy paint coming off of it. It had four windows on each side. As I stared at them, I could not help but notice a shadow in one of them. Curiosity got the best of me. I looked for a way into the building with out being seen. The doors on the ground where rusted and probably locked. I, being a dragon, would not have a problem smacking in if they were locked but it would certainly made a lot of noise if I did and the stairs of the building could have been corroded and would not hold my weight. I yawn and and stretch my arms out before me. I looked at my claws then looked at the wall. An idea stuck me and I curse myself for not thinking about this before. I plunged my right fore claw into the building and did the same for the left. I pulled my self up with surprising ease. My talons dung into the building’s structure and I proceed to the window. Grey dust appeared and faded away with each plunge of my claws. My tail hung down below me. As soon as I reached the window, I used my tail to search for the switch to open it. I heard it bang against the dust streaked glass a few times and found a hole that I could get the tip of it in. as soon I put it near the hole, I felt a sharp jab in my tail, I reacted it as fast as I could and examined it. I could see the wound. There were no glass bits as I had assumed. Instead it looked like a bite mark.