Author Topic: The Experiment  (Read 19773 times)

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
The Experiment
« on: November 23, 2008, 08:08:20 PM »
(I Just joined and wanted to start role playing, sorry that the plot is so long)

Four things before we start
1. No rules except for the usual, no god modding etc. and board rules
2. This takes place right after the 34th book
3. I will only role play in first person for the plot, however you're free to do as you wish, just please don't switch between first and third person without any warning, it becomes confusing
4. In this role play you may only control the people you made or asked for and received

Plot

I hate moving, the packing and unpacking, then hauling those boxes everywhere, that isn't even including the furniture. Then there is the new school, no friends, no idea where you're supposed to go, you're singled out. Then when people try to be nice to to and be your friends, but it just really makes you feel uncomfortable and awkward, and you can't really tell them you don't want to sit with them at lunch if you don't like them because it would make you guilty. Usually that is before they find out how smart I am, then they try to pressure me into do all there work for them...

Sorry about that, I began rambling, the short version of that paragraph is that I'm moving to a new town. I hate it when people try to be my friend when they know nothing about me. When people find out how smart I am they try to use me.

You're probably thinking, whats so special, so you're smart, not that special. Well that would be the case with any normal high school student. I'm a bit of an "overachiever" except times ten. I can solve difficult and long math equations in no time flat. I have a photographic memory. I can understand almost any mechanical device and improve it if I take a few minutes to study the blue prints. And I can program countless things on the computer. I keep the last two details a secret, although I have limitations in all these categories....

Maybe that is why they want me, maybe they found out somehow. Don't ask me who they are, all I know if that they kidnapped me...

I'm getting ahead of myself, let me start at the beginning, well my first day at my new high school...

I walked into the school, duh, and eventually found my way to the main office. "Excuse me, but I'm starting today,"I said leaning over the counter a bit. Then greeted by the secretary.

"Are you Damien?"she asked with a bored tone looking up form her computer.

I give a slight nod.

"I have your schedule and the school layout here with me, can you get to your classes with these?" she asked handing me two papers.

Again I nod and walked out of the office. First period, Algebra, great. After I go to my locker I head to my first class, by now it should be halfway through the period.

I knock lightly on the door and was waved in by the teacher. "Class, this is our new student who is starting today, please give him a warm welcome,"the teacher said smiling a bit. Once again I was greeted with bored hellos and lazy waves. It was the same with every school. "You may take a seat in the back."

As usual I nod, walk over and sit down. Sighing I open my book, well my free reading book, which had nothing to do with math. As expected the teacher saw this and, as what is expected, was angry.

"Well if you are reading in my class you must understand this,"he growled forgetting completely about the current lesson I was interrupting. He quickly wrote an equation on the board. "Solve this."

When he said that he probably expected me to take out a piece of paper and a pencil and start working on the equation. It was long enough to take at least a few minutes. However I merely looked up from my book, read the equation and,"The answer is 17." I muttered, which seemed to shock the teacher. Which then led to the rest of the class being him trying to outsmart me and write equation after equation on the board and me giving the answer. That is why I hate math, stubborn teachers. I'm starting to wonder, why do I even go to school, why don't they let me skip ahead a few grades?

I get home, head upstairs to my room and flick on the lights. Parents not home, what else was new?  I look over to my computer to see it on and with a window displaying the program I have been working on recently. Strange.. I could have sworn I turned it off. That it when something hits me in the back of the head... and hard.

The next thing I know if that I'm running through a forest at full speed, I have several deep gashes all over my body, my clothes are torn up and bloody, heavy footsteps thump behind me, and some kind of laser is shooting past me burning holes it whatever they hit, they barely miss me. Panic floods my mind, questions explode in my head, such as where am I, what is going on, what happened, how did this happen. Oh and there are also the thoughts as in, Ahhhhh, and as in, I"m going to die, I"m going to die!

(The role play starts during the chase in the forest

Character Skeletons
(You can use original characters, any one you want that isn't taken, or you can create a controller or a none morphing human to use, the profile skeletons)

Created Controllers

Host Name:
Yeerk Name:
Host Species:
Yeerk Personality:
Human Personality:
Appearance/Description:
Relationship: (This is where you put if the human is a willing host and where the yeerk and human like each other etc.)

Created Human

Name:
Personality:
Apperance/Description:

Note: Eventually I'll let people create Andalite characters and other alien races, but for now this is all you got

Character List

Original Characters

Jake -
Tobias - Damien
Ax -
Cassie -
Marco -
Rachelle -
Erek -

Visser Three-
Chapman -

etc.

Created Characters
 Controllers
----------

Humans
----------

Misc.
The Experiment - Damien - Damien
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:30:18 PM by Damien »
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline demos666

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Satan is dad, hell is my home.
Re: The Experiment
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 04:17:43 PM »
hmmm give me a little and i will join
My Theme song is The Number Of The Beast-Iron Maiden
Save a fire, Burn a tree
I put the laughter in manslaughter
“I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.” - Winston Churchill
"Vidi, Vici, Veni." - Julius Caesar
"Hope is the first step to disappointment" - Librarian, Blood Ravens

Offline Damien

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 05:53:49 PM »
(Alright, let me just add a bit to the story)

Damien continued running, he racked his brain for answers, but he couldn't remember a single useful detail, well anything really. What was wrong with him. He wasn't talking about just what happened to his memory, he also meant what was wrong with he himself, he felt dizzy, numb, and he didn't know how to explain it, just overall strange. Could this be extreme exhaustion? Blood lose perhaps? Could be, he wouldn't know, he never suffered ether of these ailments before. He did know one thing though, he couldn't run forever, and the footsteps were getting louder, and closer.

(Not a lot but I wanted to put something down)
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline demos666

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »
ummmmmm plz write a character thing for Damien (so i know how much detail you want in the description)
Save a fire, Burn a tree
“I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.” - Winston Churchill

Offline Damien

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 08:58:56 PM »
(Oh jeez, did I forget that again, sorry I thought I copy and pasted it in my first post...I'm never really detailed with profiles)

Name: Damien
Personality: On the outside he appeares uncaring, calm, collected, sarcastic, and almost bored. However that is just a mental disgise he uses to keep himself from becoming friends with anyone. Once you get past that outer shell he is friendly, caring, basically the opposite of what he wants people to think.
Apperance/Description: He stands at 5'12" and on the skinny side. He has brown hair about 6" and is brushed to the right to keep it out of his blue eyes. Usually he wears dark colored clothes, usually with blues and blacks to help enforce his fake disguise.

(I'm never good with profiles so I'll most likely accept anything you write...)

Offline yrkd88

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 02:24:01 AM »
Sounds promising...I'll be thinking up a character profile in the meantime :)

Offline yrkd88

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 10:23:23 PM »
Created Human

Name: Victoria Rizzo
Personality: Victoria is extremely strong willed and even stubborn. She has a very rebellious attitude, which often lands her in trouble at school and at home. But despite her frequent outbursts, Victoria is a social outcast and has no friends at school. She believes that most people her age are lame and for the most part, not worth talking to...so she always keeps to herself, unless physically provoked. Most of the kids think she's snobby and just plain weird, but Victoria does not care. She is also very independent and a self-proclaimed rebel who absolutely despises cliques, fashions, and trends; preferring instead to either make her own clothing or mix and match pieces from a thrift shop to create her own unique styles.

Apperance/Description: Despite her unpopular outcast status, Victoria is a rather cute girl. She is thin and petite of figure at only 5'2 with small girlish breasts. She has sleek bobbed brown hair that falls just above her shoulders, large brown eyes, a small pouty mouth, and a light olive complexion due to her Italian heritage. Is often seeing wearing her own self-styled clothing which usually appears as a sort of mix between punk rock and vintage 1920's and 40's clothing.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 10:29:04 PM by yrkd88 »

Offline demos666

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »
Created Human

Name: Demos Mars
5' 6" 153

Personality: Demos is extremely strong willed and not very trusting. He believes the world is evil and everyone needs to think for them selfs and because of this has few friends but is willing to fight for the one's he has. He is smart, cunning, and not very easy to annoy. He has no sympathy for bullies and will sooner break ones nose than try to reason with him. His dad was a award winning marksmen 20 years ago so he is able to learn a few tricks from him.

Apperance/Description: He is 5'6 wears all black but is not a goth(no nail polish or hair dye) Long silver hair, 2 black eyes (Aniridia) and pale skin from staying in side to tinker.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:23:15 PM by demos666 »
Save a fire, Burn a tree

Offline Damien

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 05:03:17 PM »
(Victoria and Demos are accepted, you may start whenever you want)
(Can't think of anything to else to type right now)

Offline demos666

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 06:42:48 PM »
(Were all outcasts lol)

BANG click BANG click I was about to reload and put in a another round when

"Demos!! School!!" yelled my dad

"OK!" I hate school; I was the "freak" staying by myself for most of the day.
I put away the Winchester rifle and got my stuff. It felt like it was join to be one of those days. I got to school with only a few dirty looks.

I opened my locker when some guy shoved me into my locker hitting me head off the metal rack on top making me bleed. I turned around fists clenched everyone just turned away. I glared with shifting eyes for the guy or girls who did it.

No one ever fesses up to the deed. I start walking when I see some kid point at me and his friends laugh... now my revenge has a face, I think how easy it would be to break his nose but then I'd get suspended I didn't need that. I walk to the library bumping into some one on the way there "O Sorry" I say as I started walk home, I reached home ate then said to my dad

"I'm going to shoot a few rounds ok?"

"Ok, just don't be late for third class."

"Ya ya" as I walked to the gun hand reaching almost had it in hand when I slip hitting the concrete floor the next thing I know I'm in a forest bobbing and weaving around trees dodging lasers that are burning holes in everything they touch when I think I see a person "HELP!!"
Save a fire, Burn a tree

Offline yrkd88

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 08:42:53 PM »
(yep lol...should be interesting)

I sighed as I sat in my last period class, staring continuously at the clock with nothing but frustration and downright impatience. Not only was the class boring as hell, but the kids today had been even more annoying and lame than usual...if that was actually possible.

I had grown accustomed to shutting out and ignoring the taunts and epithets and weird stares from the other kids, provided they didn't decide to get physical with me, which I was definitely capable of handling myself despite my small size. Hell, I had gotten detention last week for punching a cheerleader in the face. Which of course she deserved by the way, yet I digress.

Finally after what seemed like an eternity, the bell rang, mercifully signaling the end of class and the school day. Now it was time to go home, eat dinner, do homework, and hopefully not get harangued too much by my 'rents. I gathered up my textbooks and exited the classroom.  On the way out, some pinheaded jock decided to toss a rather lewd comment at me, which was met with indifference and a momentary glimpse of the 'bird' skillfully executed behind my back as I walked away.

I finally reached home and pulled open the front door, unceremoniously dumping my stuff on the hallway floor for the time being. My mom was in the kitchen cooking away, when she peeked her head around the corner, a scowl on her face. "Victoria, how many times do I have to tell you?...pick up your stuff and put it in your room, young lady!" she said with frustration. "I will not have my home looking like a pig sty or your personal trash can". With an eye roll and a sigh, I picked up my bag with it's unnecessarily heavy textbooks and lugged it upstairs to my room.

Dinner was complete with it's usual awkward silences, frequently punctuated with a veritable cornucopia of arguments. Tiring of this crap, I finally excused myself from the table, much to my mother's dismay. My father however, was probably relieved that I was no longer gracing him with my presence. "Yeah, whatever" I said shoving my chair irreverently back into the table. "I'm going out for awhile". Since I lived on the outskirts of suburbia, the forest was not that far from my house. I often liked to take walks there at night or whenever I could, anything to get away from home or school. Of course i wasn't stupid enough to actually go to deep into the forest. At least not without a good can of pepper spray in my jacket pocket. Any homework could be done later...especially since I was in no mood for algebraic equations or Shakespearian stanzas right now.

I walked along the perimeter of the forest, the night breeze gently ruffling my shoulder length brown hair. I was as usual lost in my own thoughts and muses, when a scream erupted from the forest followed by the sound of pounding feet, instantly snapping me from my reverie. Somewhat dazed, I looked around for the source of the disturbance, instantly noting in my stupidity that I had been so busy daydreaming that I had not payed attention to where I was going, and was now a good ways into the forest.
"S***" I mumbled as the noises were getting closer and closer. It sounded like someone was being chased or something. I just hoped it wasn't a satanic cult or Leatherface and his whole clan, or something just as equally messed up.

Offline demos666

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 04:05:50 PM »
(getting good)
Save a fire, Burn a tree

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 11:57:08 AM »
(care to add another player to the game)
(hope you don't mind the age of my character)

Created Character

Name: Jason Warrick
Personality: Jason is always up for a challenge, and never backs out on helping a friend. He knows when is the right time to do something and when not it isn't. But despite all this he is a bit of the "lone wolf" type and doesn't fit in with the social crowd.
Appearance: 5' 8", athletic build, brown hair done in a buzz cut, and brown eyes that seem to have a intense, determined look to them.  Dresses causal, the kind of look that can make you disappear into the crowd.

Offline yrkd88

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 06:22:33 PM »
(yay more players! :) )

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 06:52:23 PM »
(can i post now or wait for the guy in charge to approve my character?)