Author Topic: Hello I'm New  (Read 1557 times)

Offline CatMorph

Hello I'm New
« on: July 28, 2017, 08:56:58 PM »
I thought I might introduce myself to the other members here.

I started reading Animorphs when I was young, but never finished it. Now I'm re-reading it. I started to lose interest around the David Trilogy and when the books got ghost written. They copied KA Applegate's writing pretty well, but somehow I could tell.

My local library is losing copies of its Animorphs books, so I'm so glad we have digital copies here. Sometimes used bookstores sell the Animorphs books real cheap, but it's easier to find the earlier volumes than later ones.

I'm also a fan of other 90s book series like Goosebumps and Fear Street. I never really liked the Babysitters club or Sweet Valley Twins, which was a tradition for girls.

I read young adult novels too. I've read the Twilight book series everyone says is awful and the Hunger Games.

Of course, I also love to talk about movies. I love Disney and animated films and Don Bluth films, Watership Down, and anime.

My other interests are Pokemon, Digimon, and virtual pet games.

I feel like I missed out a lot and I wish I've joined sooner, I don't know what these RAFian in people's signatures are about, and this horror fic I see going that has all the RAF members in it seems really cool, but better late than never.

guitarhero01234

Re: Hello I'm New
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 10:13:13 PM »
Welcome to RAF :) RAFian is just a name we have for ourselves, kinda like how Slipknot fans call themselves "Maggots." And if I ever compare RAFians to hardcore Slipknot fans again, please shoot me :P

Glad to see people are still rereading the series; the fandom has been kind of dead lately. Regardless, I'm sure you'll feel right at home here on RAF ^.^

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 10:48:47 PM »
Hello and welcome!  Always good to see a new face.

I'm curious about your reaction to the post-David books.  You said that you lost interest in them when you were young, but how are you liking them now?

Also, I can't help but think that the "horror fic with all the RAF members in it" might be my own "End of RAF"?  If so, thank you!  If not . . . *looks down and scurries out of room in embarrassment*

Offline CatMorph

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 11:09:58 PM »
Thanks for welcoming me guys!

Also, I can't help but think that the "horror fic with all the RAF members in it" might be my own "End of RAF"?  If so, thank you!  If not . . . *looks down and scurries out of room in embarrassment*

Yup, that's the one! It looks really cool, but I also feel intimidated by how long it is now. I don't know if I'll be able to catch it up and read it all through it all from beginning to end.

Yes, I'm liking the series much better now, and I did post about it somewhere in the David thread on the Animorphs forum classic.

Offline ViciousVisser

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 11:54:15 PM »
Hey, welcome! I'm re-reading them as well and am on The Seperation  now! Always nice to have more people joining the community!  ;D
Marco: Oh, it's just a trash can. Chill out.
BAM! BAM! BAM!
Marco: Okay, so it's four trash cans.
Jake: Get off the sidewalk, you lunatic!
Marco: (yanks wheel right, bumps the sidewalk, grazes a parked car)
BAM! BAM! BAM!
Jake: Do you hate trash cans? Is that your problem? Do you just HATE TRASH CANS?!!

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 09:01:44 PM »

Welcome to RAF!

kinda like how Slipknot fans call themselves "Maggots."

For a second there I thought you were going to say "kinda like how Insane Clown Posse call themselves juggalos" but you you didn't thank god
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

guitarhero01234

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 11:59:46 PM »
I considered it :P

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 04:15:32 AM »
Hey hey! :welcome: to RAF!