Author Topic: Another Game  (Read 3664 times)

Offline WinterSunSummerSnow

Another Game
« on: June 16, 2017, 06:28:29 PM »
The Ellimist was bored. Not bored like you and me. He couldn't go ahead and play a game of Monopoly or go to an online fan-made forum to get rid of his boredom. But he did want to play a game, in his own weird way. He wasn't going to play it himself, though. He was just going to dig out some of the old pieces, to carve out some new ones.

THE RP:

The Ellimist got bored and decided to start a new Yeerk invasion. He probably enjoyed the last one, and got ready to set up his pawns. On the black side were the Yeerks. The white side, however, is yet undecided. They are humans, and they come from Richard's Animorphs Forum the planet Earth, as humans tend to do. A whole new group of humans wake up one day with a sudden urge to go find something. To dig something up. Something cubical. They somehow know exactly where it's buried. And from there....I'm sure you get my drift.

THE CHARACTER FORM:

Name:
Morphs (Note: you start out with none, obviously) :
Personality:
Appearance:
Other:

THE CHARACTERS:

Name: Courtney Whittaker
Morphs: None so far (the RP hasn't started yet.)
Personality: Talkative. Full of ideas, but rarely commits to them. Likes animals, but avoids coming in contact with them whenever possible. If she were on this forum, she's basically the type of kid who would just write out this post in as few words as possible.
Appearance: Average height. Skinny. Curly brown hair. Brown eyes.
Dislikes: Being high up and spiders.
Other: ADHD.

I'm tired.

Not the first thoughts you usually hear from a future hero, but, let's face it - staying up for three hours straight drawing isn't exactly good for your health. She was actually impressed with her work. She usually wasn't this good at drawing from memory. The cube didn't even seem like a memory. Maybe it was part of some dream she would have had had she not been up at 3:00 in the morning drawing it.

She went through her usual morning routine, thinking random thoughts. One kept cruising through her mind, appearing again and again as though it was scared she would forget it otherwise.

I wonder what's buried in that old lot by the Macy's?

She grabbed a shovel from the garage. She wondered briefly why she was doing this. She dismissed it as something she would forget about in less than an hour. ADHD makes true planning impossible.

She walked her way to the spot. She would have taken her bike, but she felt she should walk. Just a feeling. She felt her mind, her ever-wandering mind, vaguely remember that she had school starting at 8:30. It was already 8:09. But it seemed like she wasn't the only one walking over there....

guitarhero01234

Re: Another Game
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 08:32:39 PM »
Eh, might as well throw my hat into this one, seeing that I've had some free time on my hands lately

Name: Jordan Sloane
Morphs: N/A
Personality: Quiet, almost never speaks up without being spoken to first. When he does speak, it's almost always a sarcastic comment. Complete night owl who always works third shift at his warehouse job.
Appearance:Sshort and scrawny, brown hair buzzed off into a military cut, never wears light colors, facial piercings to hell and back.
Likes: Gore movies, "edgy" music, tabletop RPGs, stargazing, and whiskey.
Dislikes: His job, needles, and Fetty Wap.
Other: Has a girlfriend (somehow), smokes cigarettes.

"One of these days, I'll get my license," Jordan mumbled to himself on his daily walk home from work. His joints ached from moving heavy boxes from one end of the warehouse to the other all night, and he was not the least bit pleased about having almost been hit by at least three reckless drivers on the way home.

He absentmindedly scratched at his fresh eyebrow piercing. Don't touch it, ya dingus, he told himself. He checked his phone; one text from Jenna. "Eh, I'll text her when I get home," he muttered. He had a million other things on his mind at the moment - work, Grandma's birthday, borderline bankruptcy . . . but one thought kept creeping its way into his head, ever since the moment he woke up. Well, not exactly a thought, but more of a compulsion, a deep-seeded need for something. What exactly this blue cube was that kept popping up in his brain was, though, he hadn't the faintest clue.

It's official, I've lost my mind. He stopped in a nondescript parking lot and lit up the last of his Marlboros. He looked at the building and questioned exactly what he was doing here - Macy's wasn't exactly his prime choice of hangout spots. He took a drag on his cigarette and tried to ignore the sound of someone, or multiple someones, approaching . . .

Offline WinterSunSummerSnow

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 08:12:05 AM »
Courtney wrinkled her nose at the faint cigarette smell, then began to dig faster - her parents would be home from work soon, and that woul-
THUMP.
She looked down at her hole and saw the same cube she had stayed up all night drawing.

Offline Zenmorph

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 01:35:38 AM »
Name: Juan Ramirez
Morphs (Note: you start out with none, obviously) :
Personality: awesome
Appearance: chubby, American obese, dark curly hair, tall, Hispanic
Dislikes: onions
Other: he says whatever is on his mind, he's a big gamer but since reality is now the game...he is adjusting

...blue glowing man... cube... girl saying "find us.. a dude smoking.. a voice that says "dig"..

Juan wakes up from the weird dream, wipes the drool from his face an looks at the time. It's 8:00am, he realizes he overslept the bus an is gonna have to ride his bike if there was any hope of no tardy. Juan quickly dressed, then grabbed a package of poptarts from the kitchen table. "Come on Guido, we gotta eat healthy." He said to his self, then dropped the poptarts an picked up an Apple. Taking a bike, he grabs his backpack an slings it over his shoulder as he leaves.

Riding his bike as fast as his chubby legs would take him, Juan knew the shortcut thru the old lot by Macy's would save him some time, as he pedaled he yelled, "Excuse me!" Because he saw a guy with a cigarette in his mouth in his path. Trying to change directions on his bike, he hit a piece of limestone sticking out the ground. His bike flew an so did he, as he crashed hard at the feet of the girl. His body immediately ached an be felt something strange, like static go throughout his whole body. Juan unknowingly activated the blue cube with his high-level of emotions an adrenaline, when he landed on it.
Juan turns on his side because the edge of the cube was sticking into his pudgy back, then be realised these people where in his dream. But instead of saying hello, his first words were "I can't believe I'm alive."

Offline seasquash

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 12:37:42 PM »
Going to jump in too, hopefully this is still active. I need to brush off my writing skills a bit :)
----

Name: Johanna
Morphs (Note: you start out with none, obviously) : NA
Personality: Johanna is a strange little duck. She keeps to herself and has a few friends, but no one significant. She's very quiet but doesn't mind people, adores animals, is smart enough to sometimes drop the whole alien thing to make proper and sane conversation. But she also has a curious side when it comes to other people. Especially if she thinks they're aliens.
Appearance: She works out, so that's a plus. Shoulder length dirty blonde hair, clipped nails and thick glasses. Doesn't usually dress up but when she does she can look amazing.
Likes: Tea, knitting, animals. Binging on Netflix. Cats. Conspiracy theories are her guilty pleasure.
Dislikes: Anyone who contradicts her.
Other: : She knows they're out there. UFO's. Aliens. Martian Archaeology. She also just graduated University, so she does have a serious side.

---------------

So she had that dream again. Only it ended totally differently. Instead of the silver sphere hanging in the sky she saw a blue cube. Dirt. Macy’s. DIG.

Johanna woke up. It was too early. Usually she would just turn back the alarm and sleep another five minutes but, oh gosh, no. “Have to find it,” she muttered. She pulled her jeans on, a white tanktop. Nothing to hold her back, not even breakfast. Jo went outside, then kept walking, marching. Robotically. And she found herself standing behind a building not knowing how she got there.

There were three other people. Two guys, one younger than the other. A girl.

Okay, this was weird. Lost time? She looked at her phone. How many minutes had passed?

But she forgot everything. The cube was under the younger guy. “Get up, I need that,” she pointed at the kid on the ground, her face expressionless.

The gleaming blue point. She wobbled to the ground and dug, just as the voice told her to.

Offline Zenmorph

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 12:54:57 AM »
Jumping to his feet was not his first reaction, but the woman made him nervous and he found himself standing up having temporarily forgotten the pain of his crash. "Yes ma'am." Juan said sorry, an looking at the others to see if they were okay. Then he saw them dig for something, it was a bit strange for him.

"Es loca." he muttered in spanglish, then got up and decided to leave. Walking over to his bike, he saw it bent the rim and that he was going to have to walk it. "I'm fine by the way, thanks for asking." Juan was feeling unusually snarky, it wasn't like him and for some reason, he felt the need the need to run away like he did when something dangerous was about to happen. Like the time a man was mugging this other man, an he yelled for him to stop but the mugger turned and chased Juan for 3 blocks til he was in the Walgreens an in full view of the staff.
 So picking up his bicycle, he made a mental note of a cigarette smoking accident causing guy, a girl and a woman both with a fetish for digging at things. Then he walked off with his bicycle in tow, to leave them to their thing.

(ooc: sorry if he sounds rude, juan's just in a bad mood for hurting himself. I think this particular rp thread is dead, so I'm probably going to just bow out here. But the tingly thing and static feeling he got, was him activating the device and getting the ability to morph due to his heightened state. - Or that's how I intended it. Good luck and message me if you find any other open animorph rpgs, they are rare )