Animorphs Section > Animorphs Forum Classic

Favorite Animorphs Quotes?

(1/4) > >>

ViciousVisser:
So, I'm currently re-reading all of the books for my summer tradition and I realized that there are a lot of unique quotes from the series.

Do you have a particular favorite?

DinosaurNothlit:
There's so many good quotes in the series that it's sometimes hard to pick just one favorite, but I've always especially liked Jara Hamee's closure to the Hork-bajir Chronicles: "Story have no end.  Stories go on."  :')

Honorable mentions (because, like I said, there's no end to the awesome quotes in Animorphs):

"Do you know what you want, Tobias?  And if you get it, will you still know?" -The Ellimist
"Surely you must know by now, little brother, wars are not won with clean hands." -?? (The Yeerk in Tom's brain, whose name is never revealed)
"Out of respect for life, you have to endure." -Elfangor/Tobias (depending on your interpretation of #33)
"My life is not my own, when the people have need of it." -From the Ritual of Death

NothingFromSomething:

--- Quote from: DinosaurNothlit on June 14, 2017, 11:38:08 AM ---There's so many good quotes in the series that it's sometimes hard to pick just one favorite, but I've always especially liked Jara Hamee's closure to the Hork-bajir Chronicles: "Story have no end.  Stories go on."
--- End quote ---

Jeez, that quote should seriously be imprinted by force in the minds of anyone who hates the ending.  Even if they all go down in flames except Cassie, it's not the end, the cause continues.  And if they do live, hakuna matata, same thing.

ViciousVisser:

--- Quote from: NothingFromSomething on June 15, 2017, 10:05:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: DinosaurNothlit on June 14, 2017, 11:38:08 AM ---There's so many good quotes in the series that it's sometimes hard to pick just one favorite, but I've always especially liked Jara Hamee's closure to the Hork-bajir Chronicles: "Story have no end.  Stories go on."
--- End quote ---

Jeez, that quote should seriously be imprinted by force in the minds of anyone who hates the ending.  Even if they all go down in flames except Cassie, it's not the end, the cause continues.  And if they do live, hakuna matata, same thing.

--- End quote ---
Great observation! Did you hate the ending?

DinosaurNothlit:
I sure did.  :P  As a kid, I didn't like the cliffhanger aspect, but as I've gotten older, I've realized that Animorphs had to end on a cliffhanger, because, as Jara says, "stories go on."  In other words, the Animorphs will always keep going on adventures, but the physical books had to end somewhere, and the only solution to that paradox is, indeed, a cliffhanger.  Any kind of tidy ending would have felt forced and fake (as older me learned when I read younger me's terrible post-54 fanfic  :P).

The only problem is, the cliffhanger in question . . . also felt forced and fake.  We are given no idea what is happening, or why.  Just, a random bad guy, whose motives or relation to the Animorphs is never explained.  Since we don't know why we should care, the ending just ends up seeming meaningless, even though it's portrayed as 'epic.'

But, on topic, I think I seem to have a least favorite quote of the series.  "Ram the Blade Ship."  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version