Author Topic: Does anybody else have this Tradition?  (Read 1955 times)

Offline ViciousVisser

Does anybody else have this Tradition?
« on: May 10, 2017, 06:38:58 PM »
Hey, everyone! Late last summer I just started the tradition of reading all the animorph books again and its becoming a tradition that I'm very fond of. Does anybody else have a similar tradition?
Marco: Oh, it's just a trash can. Chill out.
BAM! BAM! BAM!
Marco: Okay, so it's four trash cans.
Jake: Get off the sidewalk, you lunatic!
Marco: (yanks wheel right, bumps the sidewalk, grazes a parked car)
BAM! BAM! BAM!
Jake: Do you hate trash cans? Is that your problem? Do you just HATE TRASH CANS?!!

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
Re: Does anybody else have this Tradition?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 12:52:29 AM »
I haven't read through them since maybe 2005/2006 when Project AM was still a potential thing, around that time I re-bought a few of them on eBay to complete the collection, some of my originals were in really cruddy attic-stored condition so it was cool to get better versions.

Don't know that I'd ever read through them all again, great and nostalgic as they are.  It'd be fun though.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 02:37:32 AM »
Yeah since I started off with less than 10 books, every Christmas I would get a few more to add to the series as my present, so I had an annual summer reread, and since I completed the collection a a couple of years ago, I do a week long animarathon reading all 64 (yes including alternamorphs) in the summer hols. So last time I read them all was in January. It's a good tradition :)
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 09:08:38 AM »
I've done a couple re-reads but I don't know if I'll ever read them all again. I don't need to relive Cassie's adventures in Australia any more than the 2-3 times I already have.

I did just finish the reading the final 6 books which I've done a few times. Just an amazing arc and conclusion that I'll probably get the urge to read every few years. I also love re-reading the David trilogy. Other than those two storylines I wouldn't mind giving some of the Chronicles another read.

Maybe the next time I read some of the other books will be to my kids someday, until then they're tucked safely away in the attic.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 01:12:27 PM »
The only books that I've re-read in recent memory were the The Andalite Chronicles and Visser, and that was probably a couple years ago. I really, really need to get around to re-reading the whole series again sometime

Offline Alan Fangor

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 06:52:26 PM »
Yes, I have a similar tradition, i re-read all the Animorphs books but in a totally casual period.

The last reading lasted from february 2015 to august 2016, because of the many commitments, the previous ones lasted less time.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 05:57:58 PM »
I did for a while, then dialed it back.  I truly love these books, but last time I went through there were no surprises anymore. I laughed and cried in all the right places, but knowing it was coming takes something out of it.

So I'll take a long brake before i do the whole thing again. I won't forget everything, but it'll still be good I trust
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline ViciousVisser

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 08:38:01 AM »
I'm at The Solution, one of my favorites!
Marco: Oh, it's just a trash can. Chill out.
BAM! BAM! BAM!
Marco: Okay, so it's four trash cans.
Jake: Get off the sidewalk, you lunatic!
Marco: (yanks wheel right, bumps the sidewalk, grazes a parked car)
BAM! BAM! BAM!
Jake: Do you hate trash cans? Is that your problem? Do you just HATE TRASH CANS?!!