Author Topic: A-H war: Origins  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
A-H war: Origins
« on: June 05, 2008, 09:05:05 AM »
The following is a back up for the fic.. it’s been a long time but I will get back to working on this fic eventually..
My dream for both of these fics to have an over arching story that goes between them and between the A-H war, The Underground, and Dark Future (an RPG concept that I am making), im going to be hard pressed to find time for them all.

i also apologize in advance. during at the time i was writing this fic, i was using the block forum of writing and some people find it overwhelming. i'll try to get around to edit it sometime.. 

This has more to do with the history of the war than anything. Anything from how the humans obinted the Arn bio-tech to the devolvement of the MAC guns.

Origin: cycler

the army of reporters and cameramen stood behind the bullet proof glass, each waiting for a new glimpse for the UNSC's "wonder" gun. The scientist was nervous, any wrong answer could stop the andalite trade of technology or worse...He cleared his throat. This would be the high light of his career, he should be proud he thought to himself. He appeared from behind the curtain and was slightly daze by the sea of lights and microphones. He quickly made his way to the podium and started to read his speech. "We are all here today to see a demonstration of the cycler, the UNSC's answer to personal armament." the lights behind the bullet proof glass switched on to reveal a soldier holding the prototype of the Cycler. "The cycler is meant to handle like a real rifle but it is slightly heavier than the ancient M16A2." he said. All of the lights turned to the soldier. He hit a button under the stand and targets shot up in the training field. The soldier casually lifted his weapon and fired. The target exploded into fine powered that was whisked away with the air. "The cycler can fire 5 rounds per second when it is engaged in its full auto. But that's not its real strength, that's lies in its adaptability" he continued. "It can fire AP-rounds as well as regular and can become semi-auto for a more accurate shot." he begin to end his speech.
"Any questions?" he asked the crowd. There was a roar of hands. He picked a browned haired woman in the left middle row. "Mr.johnson" the scientist winched, he never like his last name. "What are the andalite's say in the UNSC's ambition to developing these weapons?" she said. The scientist rubbed his head, and gave her his answer. "It is my opinion that the UNSC is developing these weapons to protect earth from another invasion" he said. "But if you want the official reason, ask the PR department not Me." he turned back to the mob. "Any other questions?" the same number of hands shot up. This time he picked a red hair man from the front row. "Yes?" the scientist asked. "What are is the UNSC doing on Hork-bajir home world?" the scientist signed. Another question outside of the cycler topic.
"I have no information about that incident" he said coldly. "Are there any questions about the cycler?" he asked. All hands went down. "Than good day to all of you" he said and walked off...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 09:11:39 AM by Shock »
Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
Re: A-H war: Origins
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:05:46 AM »
UNSC REPORT ON MARI 3

Person: CO (commanding officer) Staff ST. Mike Johnson

Topic: completion of the base

the topic of this report is that we have completed the main facility and to state that it is ready for the project at hand. We have hallowed out many of the great trees that encompass the valleys of this planet and used them for secondary facilities. We expect to have a supply of food every six months though we can grow our own. We have placed our base far from any Hork-Bajir settlements but some have moved closer to the closer to the base, we will be keeping an eye on this situation as it develops. This is the end of this report

UNSC PROGRESS REPORT:

Place: secret UNSC research base on Mari 3.

Propose: to inform the Joint Chiefs on the research on Mari 3

Date: 2-29-83

Person: Sergeant Greg Ray Hover.

The topic of the report is the extraordinary find of a cache of Arn artifacts and a finding of a lab! Yes, I repeat. We have found a lab; photos attached to this document show what we are facing. The cytologists have gone through the data and have learned that this is a gene-spicing lab. We have yet to add this to our databases though. Though we doubt will find another intact, none the less, we will continue looking for any other labs that survived the yeerk shelling. The information that we have learned so far is startling, for Ex: we have learned about how to make a symbiotic organism that is fully compatible with humans. This virus-like organism has some capabilities of the andalite morphing technology. But we still haven’t worked all of the kinks and bugs out, and the tests on the lab rats taking Hork-Bajir forms were…unsuccessful… but in time this could be a powerful weapon against any that would oppose the UNSC. Other than the groundbreaking discoveries that are going on here there is nothing else to report.

UNSC REPORT: AR (alien relations)

Person: Sergeant Tyler Richardson.

Topic: the situation of the Hork-Bajir on Mari 3

the Hork-Bajir has been increasingly difficult to take care of. The younger ones sneak in and… for lack of better words; scare the crap out of the staff. They’re have been no injuries to report but I do request that more troops are present at this base so that we can avoid further incidents. We have spoken the tribal elders and plead for this to cease, but I only guess they understood half the words that came out of the UT. I should also mention that we are in need more universal translators. A Private dropped all but one to the abyss below so we are in need of the translators or if we can get a person with a translator chip would do.

UNSC REPORT: ASTRO DENFESE

Person: Captain Crystal Rite

Topic: spiracle anomalies above Mari 3

the anomalies are asteroids that are blocking the space traffic from UNSC controlled space and the Mari system. The asteroids are located near the Z-space gateway into the system and have destroyed some equipment. There are no injuries to report though, but we do request to use the DSNs (Deep Space Nukes) on the rocks to clear them out of the way. Once this is done, we can increase supply traffic from Earth to here. I would also like to increase the number of pilots stationed here. The total number of pilots and soldiers needs to be increased should an indent arise. The total number of pilots and soldiers are 20 while research department has 36 of the personal here. I hope my request is heard.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 09:06:22 AM »
Sub-Origin: The Preserver of the Dragonflight

Year: 1695, The Alps

I have no human name, for there is not any language of their tongue that can pronounce it. And I will not use the names they give me. Satan, demon, serpent, devil, all filled with hate against me. But I do need to give you a name that you can identify me with. The closest word that I can think of would be Rommoth. And I am the last of the great dragon flight. The humans have pressured our existence and destroyed us, all in the name of their god. Since the humans have killed the white dragons, the bio-net that connects us all collapsed and has caused all of my brothers and sisters to go into a fit of rage. Forsaking their own intelligence for the taste of human blood. My mate and me escaped to the Alps and where safe for the moment. I managed to save my mate from the madness that was overtaking my race and through that we have collected about 5 eggs from our mating flights. But the humans where, none the less, persistent. Soon, bounty hunters started to hunt me and my mate down and soon, very soon, there will no place left for us to flee to. We have settled in a cave not very far from a human village. The mountains lack the big prey that we need to survive and we don’t want to feed on human flesh. We would have the entire village attacking us. Instead, we have survived on the live stock of the villagers. Cats, dogs, sheep, cattle, ect. I still hunger for the gazelle and deer of the Middle East even though I will never see them again. I looked for the familiar landmarks that signal the entrance of the labyrinth of my cave. I landed and was instantly over taken with the reeking smell of dragon musk. Another male other than my mate was or has been here. I dropped the lamb from my mouth and used my tail to hold it for a minute, and then I impaled it on the spikes on my back. It was already dead from me breaking its neck during the flight here. I pressed forward in to the maze of tunnel networks that lay in this cave. Bones of long dead humans that have tested their luck with me and old-deceased prey litter every one. Streaks of purple and red blood cover the tunnels along with claw marks much bigger than my mate’s. Little trickles of ice specks came down with every step I took. I quickened my pace to the nesting room. The rhythm of my four muscular feet pounding and my claws clicking against the ice echoed the ice. The steaks of blood and claw marks became longer as I went farther. At last, I reached the nesting room to see a black dragon over the prone body of my mate. His tail lifted and let out a puff of musk in my mate’s prone face. My mate’s golden scales were cover with purple blood and angry claw marks that covered his body. Purple blood turned red once it hit the ice. This would be the human equivalent of you coming home to find your husband murdered and his murderer pissing in his face. Out of instinct, I glance over at the nest. Hey and straw littered the room. I spied 3 eggs that had their outer cases broken and pieces of half-eaten embryos less than five feet away. The black dragon came out of his state of domination and glared at me. The spikes on his back sunk in and his saber- like eyes grew dark. This was the dragon body language of arousal. Now, this would be the human equivalent of you coming home, finding that someone has killed your husband, pissed in his face, killed your children, eaten them, and now want to have sex with you. He continued to walk to me. I leapt back and fling the limp lamb of my back. Not in the direction of him though. He continued to walk to me and proceed to step over my tail. Bad move. I wrapped my tail around his left hind leg like a python sizing its prey and hoisted him up and slammed him against a nearby ice wall. The ground shuddered and stalagmites of ice collapsed for the roof above as he impacted the wall. He clawed his way out of the ice that fell on top of him and gave me a glance of pure hate. That look suggested that he has never been rejected before. But what did he want me to do, stand by and let him get away with massacring my mate and my children? And rape me in the process? I think not. His spikes expanded from his back and his claws expanded a sign that the murderer was about to shoot the acid that the black dragon is famous for. He opened his mouth and ejected black fluid from it. He shot it like a bullet and I only had seconds to dash to the side before it hit me. The black mass flew past be and collided with the wall behind me. I had no time to turn my head and study it because the black dragon lowered his head and started to charge me like a bull. I rolled out of the way and my tail whipped the ice behind me. He nearly stepped on my fragile wings when he charged. He barreled and collided with the opposite wall. Another shuddered when trough the ice and a few of the ice spikes positioned overhead fell. I looked up to see that the murderer had his horns stuck in the ice in a position that he could not pull his neck out. I pulled myself up off the cold icily ground and examined myself. A stalagmite has pierced a hole about 5 cm wide in my left wing and other minor scratches tarnished my scales. I had no time to nurse my wing however, I had my mate’s murderer in my sight and I was determent that he would not leave this cave alive. Powered ice continued to fall from the ceiling as the black dragon continued to struggle from the grasp of the wall of ice it had on his neck. I expanded my claws and open my mouth to taste his blood. I leapt at his rear end only to be knocked down from his tail. I landed on my back. My spikes penetrated the ground and pinned me down. I tried to roll over and free myself but it was futile. I tried to bring the spikes back into my body, but I figured that I would only dig myself into the ice even more. So I lay there, waiting for the black dragon to break free and then I would be at his mercy. The best that he could do was give me a quick death, but I figured that he would do what he thought about doing when he first saw me. I looked over at my mate. His face was terribly disfigured; his eyes had been clawed out, his nostrils tubes pulled, his jaw broken and his ears pulled out. I looked away. His golden scales were painted purple with his blood and the gaping holes in his chest continued to ooze out blood. Then I looked at my nest. The eggs that had their contains broken into rested peacefully on the straw that I had stolen from the villagers to make my nest. This is the fate of my race I thought as I scanned the carnage that the black dragon has left behind. I slipped in to a depression as I lay trapped here, impaled on the ice. The black dragon broke free from the headlock the ice had on him and shook his head to clear his neck of any shards that could have stuck in his scales. Then, as I predicted, he took note of my body trapped on the ice and began to take on the signs of dragon arousal. So this is the fate of the Preserver I thought to myself, to lay here only to bear the murder of your mate’s children. Then, by an act of god, sudden movement was heard by him and me. We both looked up at the nest to see the tattered clothes of a human squire. He was apparently hiding in the nest when the black dragon and I were fighting. The squire being in my cave didn’t surprise me like the black dragon, many humans have known the entrance of my cave though few make it out alive. But what grabbed my attention were the three, undamaged eggs when the human got up. The human bolted for the nearest exit, screaming incoherently as he ran. The black dragon dashed after him, leaving me alone in the chamber. Seeing the eggs broke my depression and reinvigorated my strength. The dragon race did have a future! And it was my job to provide it for all of us. I tried to roll from side to side but that just caused me more pain. Then I move from the front and back. The floor released me from its grip and I righted my self-up. I heard screaming of fear still echoing down the tunnels of the network. For the first time, I hoped the human got out ok. I positioned myself near the door so that I could spring on the black dragon once he returns. I hear snorts of disgust and the rhythmic clicking of claws that signal that he was on his way. The clicking became faster and faster as it came closer. The all I saw was the black neck before I sprung onto him. I let out a war cry as I clawed at his back. I, unconsciously, ran my tail around his neck and began to tighten. He began to thrash back and forth but I hung on and continued to open up his back. At last, he collapsed and I felt his five-chambered heart slow, ever so slowly and stop. I steeped off his back and glanced at his face. I stopped. I had looked at the face many times but there was never a connection until now. The black dragon was, once, my own personal bodyguard. His story fell before me like a book which I could not stop reading. Once the white dragons died, his intelligence was suppressed and instinct took over. He followed the scent of a female (me) and killed every dragon in the way. I turned away; his face was causing too much pain for me to bear. He was trapped, watching himself kill, rape, maim, and destroy the things and dragons that he loved. He was how do you humans say it, in hell. He was the greatest example for the madness that we are facing. I move towards the undamaged eggs that where located in the nest. They would not survive the night if there were no way to keep them warm. Then I had an idea. We dragons are warm-blooded but we still need to keep our eggs warm. Using my forearms, I gently picked them up and laid them under my wings. My wings burned with pain when I did this but I didn’t really care. We dragons are warm-blooded but we still need to keep our eggs warm. I had to protect my children, no matter what the cost. But as of now, I was the only sane dragon on earth and I was very much alone…

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 09:06:47 AM »

The Father looked down the road to see four horses pulling an oak carriage from the darkness of the night. The horses where black as coal and mirrored the color of the night. The squire that was next to the Father looked at the carriage as if it had come from hell it’s self. The priest took note of the boy’s fear and put his hand around the boy for comfort. The squire looked up to the top of the boxcar to see a metal tube extruding and roped down the roof of the carriage. The door opened to reveal a man with brown locks coming down his shoulders. His figure was muscular and solid. His clothes reflected his personally, dark and mysterious. His snake-hide black leather boots where obviously not from Europe but looked somewhat tropical. He wore noting but leather and cloth. The night kept the stranger face from the squire’s view. But the priest looked at the outsider with a sign of relief. For across his chest bore the symbols of an angel fighting a dragon. This was the sign of the dragon slayers. “Alexander Movien” the priest said slowly, “finest slayer in all of the lands” the stranger looked up to reveal his face to the squire. A long gash disfigured his face. It ran down from his ear to his chin on the left side. The scar nearly missed his eye and ran across his nose. “I assume that you have just gotten back from Rome for the Pope’s blessings?” the outside replied with a cold voice that seemed to be from the night it’s self. “I kill these demons whether I have the Pope’s or not” he said. “And this just seems to be the last one of these beasts.” He looked up at the priest and asked, “how aggressive it this one?” “We have lost a few sheep but noting more” Alex let sort of disgust. “That’s how it away’s starts” he said, “First, they kill a few sheep, next they start killing shepherds and then entire villages.” He said, scaring the squire. “Where is the fellow whose story has brought me here?” the minister motioned to the squire to the left of him. The outsider scanned him with his dark eyes and looked up at the pastor. “He is nothing more than a stable boy, how can he possibly return alive?” he asked the Father. The priest shrugged. “The boy is quite fast and resourceful,” he explained. The outside looked at the boy and the eyes and did the last thing the kid expected, smiled. “Not many men let alone boys, get to see a dragon in its lair but you seem to have an heart full of adventure, so I will give you some advice”, intrigued, the boy lean closer but still wary of the stranger’s frightful appearance. The cold voice that the stranger had turned into a whisper in the boy’s ear that was so soft, it could have blown away with the wind and never found again. “Never take up my profession, it robs you of your very heart and sometimes even your soul” the boy backed away as the word burned into his memory. But the stranger was not done talking to him yet as it seems. Alex looked to the Father and then the kid. “And now, tell what happened in the dragon’s lair” Alex asked. The boy spoke up. “I saw three dragons in the cave,” he said. “There were two males and one female in the lair” “the males were fighting over the right to mate with the female?” Alex interrupted. The boy shook his head. “Nah sir, the males were fighting before the female arrived.” He said. “Where did you hide, boy?” “There was a nest of hay in one of the rooms that I hid in” the outside’s eyes went wide. “You hid in a dragon’s nest !?” he exclaimed. “Now I know that God is watching over you!” “That’s what I tell myself every second that I stand here” the boy said quietly. “Please continue,” asked the slayer. “The males’ colors where gold and black while the female’s was a scarlet red” the boy said. Alex winched as if someone hit with a sword but the boy took no notice. “The black dragon overcame the gold one and musk in his face” “that’s when the female came in to the network and I lay still in the nest” “did the black dragon mate with the female?” the boy looked at him with amusement. “No, she took exception to having her mate killed by slamming him with her tail in to a nearby wall.” “About half way through my time there, the female impaled it’s self on the ice floor and was at the mercy of the black dragon” he paused, looked up at the priest, who was obverting the entire time and looked back into Alex’s cold face. “I think that the black dragon was preparing to rape the female” the priest muttered “God didn’t limit sin only to man” and listened to the rest of the story. “Anyways, I knocked over an egg and the sound alarmed the black dragon that came after me. I only escaped by using a side passage way that the dragon was too big to follow” Alex broke his gaze from the boy and looked up at the priest. “Show me where the location is for this cave” the priest nodded but said “I need to take care of a few thing first, but here is a map where the lair is” he said, handing an old parchment Alex. Alex took the note and looked at the kid. He looked at the priest and asked “I need a strong hand to help me with my equipment, would you object if I use the boy as my apprentice?” The boy stood in a state of shook then gave a look at the priest that said the he wanted to go. “Very well, you may have him” Alex, then took the kid’s hand and lifted him up to the compartment of the carriage. Then Alex himself climbed back up onto the carriage and took the reins of the horse. With a swift jerk, they were off, leaving the priest with a sense of bewilderment. For Alex, the end of his crusade to rid the world of these demons was at hand, and noting would stop him now.

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 09:07:41 AM »
The boy found him self-back in the in the cave, still paralyzed from the piercing glare of the black dragon standing over the red. He looked in total helplessness at it eyes that could have been from Satan himself. Then he looked at the red dragon, powerless, helpless to lift its self up, at the mercy of the black. He tried to hide in the hay but the monster still could smell him. He called out to God but got no answerer. Then he ran for the exit of the room. Night was falling based on the lack of reflection of the light in the room. But this time, the black dragon was faster than he was. His goat-skinned boots spun on the ice, turning his glaze to the red. The dragon that was to be pitied a second ago jump and turned to the black. The black dragon whipped the kid with his massive tail and threw across the wall. He struggled to get up but his leg was broken. He would never make it out alive. All that he could do is watch in horror and fascination as the demons proceed to tear another apart. The boy woke up in a cold sweat as he pulled himself off the wooden floor of the carriage. The carriage was still in motion as he tried to get up. It rocked back and forth as looked out the window they see the sun peeking across the mountainous landscape. The carriage bucked as it ran over a rock and startled the kid inside. Then, his mind recognized the land. His blood ran cold and a shiver when down his spine that had nothing to do with the temperature. At last the carriage stopped and he heard cutting form the roof. He opened the door and looked up to see Alex cutting the ropes away from the carriage top. What the ropes held was a metal tube that had a hole on the top. He took a guess what it was. “A cannon?” he asked. Alex looked down on the squire. “Yes, my dear boy” he said, never looking down. “And guess who’s going to fire it?” “Me?” the boy gasped as he heard the words. “Yep, you do know how the fire it, don’t you?” “Aye” the boy lied, he had only heard of such of a contraption by his grandfather in one of his crusade stories. “Well, I’m going to teach you anyways, as soon as I get this blasted thing down!” he said as he cut through the bands of rope that held the device in place. A few moments went by with not a word then the boy broke the silence. “What got into slaying these demons in the first place?” Alex looked down on the boy with pity. “Ever heard of a village called Morose?” the boy puzzled over this for a second then replied “no, sir” Alex continued cutting the rope. “It was the closest thing that earth could get to heaven, the very ground seemed to be blessed by the angels of the Lord himself.” “But all of that changed when I went to a meet of merchants, leaving my wife and children behind” the boy could guess what happen next. “When I got back, the town was in ruins and I saw my wife’s scorched corpus still aflame as she tried in vain to escape from the local church.” The kid noticed a little tear forming his left eye then he blinked it away. “The dragon, the beast…used my children’s flesh to build its nest… I still remember their pone faces, withering in agony...” the boy wanted to hear no more but the stranger kept specking. “The demon attacked them at Mass, when the village was defenseless, that’s when I saw the beast and killed it with my blade. That’s what got me into this practice” he said as he cut the last of the ropes and kicked the tube off of the carriage. “Now, the easy part” Alex said, willing to change the subject. He jumped down and headed

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 09:08:05 AM »
to the back of the carriage. He opened the trunk, grabbed the continents, and proceeded to assemble that cannon. The kid leaned over to peer into the trunk and spied two cannon balls linked by a copper chain. “You going to fire that when I give the signal” Alex said, never looking up at the boy. Then, Alex looked over the completed cannon and proceeded to move it by pushing it to the mouth of the cave 3 miles away. Two goats watched him as he pushed and pulled it in place where it could do the most damage to the cave network without making it collapse on its self should he survive the encounter. Alex checked his is clothes only to realize that he had left the gun powered the fuse, the projectiles, and the pole that you need to clean the device with. He turned and ran back to the carriage. The boy was feeding the horses while he was moving the cannon with a sack of grain that the kid had gotten from somewhere. Opened the trunk and retrieved the linked chained cannonballs and positioned the chain so it would hang over his shoulders. He also took the goat-stomach bag of gunpowder, which he took under his shoulders. He asked a boy if he had some cloth and the squire supplied him with a white fabric that had the letters GA sewed in red on the bottom corner. He tore it in to and twisted the smaller half into a fuse. The boy was shocked at this because the letters where the Pope’s initials. Alex, who took no notice on the boy’s face of what he had done, took a poll that was attached to the carriage and gave it to the boy. “Follow Me,” he said with the same cold voice that he had the night before. The boy did what he was told and followed him. The landscape was filled with all kinds of rocks, the boy found out. His worn shoes fell apart in the rocky soil and cold weather of the mountaintops. He also learn about different types of rocks: the ones that cut your feet, the ones that also left a burning sensation when they bit into your skin, the ones that cause you to slip, ect. But he not dare ask the dragon slayer in case of him being just like his teacher. He was overjoyed when he caught sight of the cannon but didn’t show in his face. Alex turned behind him to see that he kid was struggling with the cold and stones of this place. He tore some of his coat and signals the squire to come to him. The boy came nervously, figuring that he had done something wrong. His teacher Sir Herod was a knight that was in the crusades. Many consider it an honor to be a student of such a great warrior but it was not what it had seemed. Herod was an impulsive man that had a low temper; he had beaten the boy many times before the church had found out and taken him from the abuse. Alex signaled the boy to sit on a rock, which the kid did immediately and proceeded to bandage his feet. The kid was in shock and wonder as the stranger stood up and proceeded to the cannon. Once there, Alex placed the fuse into the little hole and checked that it made it’s to the blasting chamber. He grunted with satisfaction as he saw the little white end of the cloth in the chamber. He gave the gunpowder the to kid to hold and proceeded to clean the tube. The kid, wanting to repay the kindness of the outsider, poured some of the gunpowder in the camber. It was about half a cup when the kid stopped pouring. Alex, who finally cleaned the tube loaded the chain-shot and took the gunpowder from the boy and checked the compartment. He was surprised to find it already full. Then he lifted the door that separated the gunpowder from the cannon. Then he turned to the kid. He took out two bottles from his pockets and poured them out on the ground. When the chemicals mixed, fire appeared Alex took his jacket off and found a piece of wood that could make a good staff and tie his jacket on top of it. The dark leather vest that he was wearing would be good enough. He picked it up and touched with the flame. The jacket quickly caught fire and Alex gave it to the boy. “You lightly tap the hole when I give the signal, ok?”
The boy nodded and asked, “What is the signal” Alex smirked at him, “the dragon’s war cry” he said and left to kill the dragon that was inside.

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 09:08:48 AM »
Preserver
I awoke with a start. I smelled a human coming. This wouldn’t have normally bothered me but this scent was familiar. I took the eggs that where under my wings (they had mostly healed by now but it would take a few days before I could move them) and did well to hide them out of sight. I raised my upper lip as the stench got stronger. I had smelled this human before when the humans bombarded my old home. Over time, I have learned many things but the most important is that humans are persistence or thickheaded, whichever phase you like better. Then I began to hear the stomping of feet. I moved away from my eggs and tried to look away from the dead corpuses of my mate and his killer. The cold was killing off most of the decomposers but the smell of death still came forth. The nesting room had 3 pillars of ice that supported it from the ground. Their locations where in the back, middle, and front but the one in the front was the most important, without it, all of the exits would be block, leaving me with no way out. I thought about escaping but the idea was gone in a second. My eggs are here and I need to protect them now more than ever. “So there’s the” I hear the human say when he entered the room. I saw no blades or arrows of any kind but I was still wary of him. The scar that ran down his face was my doing when the human found his way into my egg chamber back at my desert home. I let out a roar and charged him. What happened next was so fast that even I had a hard time believing it. When I roared, a chain shot of cannon rang out and decapitated the human. The shot however also when through the all-important first pillar and started a cave it. I leapt back to protect my eggs but that proved to be my undoing. The ice covered the exits and I was trapped, alone with the two corpuses of my brothers. My eggs would never see the light of day nor ever hatch. Darkness overwhelmed me and I let the coldness of the ice take me. I fell to the ground. Tired, exhausted, and weary of life. By the grace of some unknown god, I fell asleep. As I lay on the ice with my mate beside me. As my five-chambered heart slows and my mind slows with it, the only words that I could think of are: we dragons still have a part to play in this universe…

Time: 2055

Jordan

“So I missed going to Miami for this?” I asked over the racket of the ski lift. “No” my sister answered “you did it because it was free and you were the only person that could take me”. I signed, I and my sister Crystal are on spring break but the word “spring” could not even be used to describe where we were. Yes, I was up in the Alps, trying to improve my snowboarding skills (but I was using my face to slide down the mountain more than my board). The whole reason why I am here is that my sister entered a contest over the internet for a free plane ride over here and a stay for the entire spring break. What me and my parents didn’t know or expect that she would win and the resort was over in Europe and we lived in L.A. and I had other plans. A close friend of mine got some tickets for Miami… and on top of that, my parents asked me to stay with her for spring break. I was 18; therefore, I could leave the country. I would have refused this offer if she wasn’t there at the moment. My sister can put any puppy to shame with her sad eyes. So I passed on the boozed and tits of Miami and went to this frozen hell…but It wasn’t all that bad, we still had free coffee. This was the second day of me hitting the slopes (literally) and trying to get down the mountain without breaking any bones. The end of the ski lift was coming up and we jumped off. She landed perfectly while I ate it.
She laughed and stuck out her hand to pull me up. I took it and tried to wipe the snow off of my chapped lips. My sister turned out to be a natural snowboarder and tried her best not to laugh when I hit every tree on my way down the slope. She pulled the eyepiece that was on her beanie over her eyes and waddled to the south side of the course then jumped. Now is got my attention, for the staff said the south side was full of underground sinkholes that could collapse at any minute. I waddled (as much as you try, you can’t walk with a snow board attached to your feet) and proceed to do the same. I didn’t know what I was thinking; I knew is that my parents would kill me if I lost her. I jumped and straighten my board just like the instructors taught me to do a few days before. You know the sense of vertigo that you get when you jump off a diving board and you’re just suspended in the air for a few seconds. Multiply that times fifty and that’s what I was feeling at the moment. Time slowed as the ground came close to me. The only words in my mind at the moment were I GOING TO DIE!!!! I hit the ground with a WHUP and was surprised that I was still on the board. I spied Crystal cruising a little farther ahead.
One of the great pine trees came up ahead in front of me and I dodged it with relative ease. I was finally getting a hang of this. Crystal was still ahead of me by about a mile but I was slowly going faster. I had just waxed this board (old habit of mine that I got from skateboarding) and was one of the dry patches of snow. The snow-dust stewed out from behind me as I accelerated. I passed Crystal and pressed down on the tail end of my board. What I didn’t know is that I left the dry snow patch and was on the ice. I did stop but I was in the middle of the ice when I finally did and the part that I was on hand deep creaks and fissures. I never noticed them. I took of my snow goggles and scanned the landscape for my sister. I saw a white trail of mist stop suddenly and saw her appear out of it. I heard she yell something at me but I was already walking towards her. The ground started to shake and stutter. Then it began to sink down. I panicked and tried to hop my way out of danger (like I stated before, you can’t run with a piece of wood connecting both your feet together) but I fail and fell into the darkness below. The fall was probably about ten feet but I landed on my back on solid ice when I finally hit the floor. Pain lashed up onto it and proceeded to hurt like hell. I tried to get up but it hurt too much. There was good news in all of the chaos and that is I can still feel my legs. But the bad news is that I wished I couldn’t. So I lay there gaping at the open hole in the sky and tired not to move. I hear Crystal’s voice yelling my name. When she got close, she accidentally knocked a rock loose from the surface and into the cave. Let’s review the facts before I move on, Fact: she was standing right above me. Fact: she just knocked a rock loose that was about the size of softball. Fact: I couldn’t move worth squat. Fact: gravity was still at work here and added to the rock’s speed for every second it was in freefall. Fact and probably the most important: the rock was aim right between the legs.
For that moment, I wished I was I had taken my friend’s offer to go to Miami…
Crystal spotted me when I cried out in pain. She asked if I was all right. Let’s see, I fallen into a sinkhole, my back is probably busted and now I will be lucky if I can I have kids.
“No, I think I broke my ass bone” I said as less-than-compassion voice. She threw down a flashlight while I tried to move up off the ice floor. It took five minutes before I could manage to crawl off the ice. I looked up to see that my sister was on her cell phone, calling for help I presume. I crawled up the rocks and took the flashlight. Pain still surged through my back and groin with every step. At last, I reached the light. I flicked it on and a yellowish light filled the cave. The light echoed from one wall to another and reveled that I wasn’t alone in this cave. The expression that I had on my face was pure shock. Before me were three bodies of…dragons… the sight of them made me forget my pain (temporarily) and I didn’t move. One was bronze, the second was black, and last, was a scarlet red. I tried to yell for Crystal but my voice was turned into a squeak and she cannot hear anything louder than me yelling right in her ear while she was on her cell phone. It was half an hour before the rescue team located us and saw the dragons lying in the snow…

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 09:09:23 AM »
CNN report

what has been found today in the Alps could…no…will change the history books forever. Found in a sinkhole in the Sine Ski Resort were three fully persevered dragons. The scientific community is in shock of this great find. We have video footage of the bodies being hoisted out of there resting place that we will show shortly. There will be more updates as this story unfolds. The UNSC had taken interest in these bodies as of a few minutes ago. Scientists from around the world have come here to examine this great beast.

SSgt Will Miller

The Humvee stopped and I and my partner jumped out in to the cold, Swiss, mountain air. The Hummer had the white bold letters on the side of it that stated: UNSC MP. “Damn it” he said shivering, “why do we always have to go to the coldest places of this damn Earth” I smiled and shut the door. The overcast clouds made the news reporters switch to human lights for their up-dates. The American bison wool coat that I was wearing kept the spine chilling cold away. My partner wasn’t so thought full when we were assented to retrieve the dragons. I heard the distinctive slam of a car door and turned around. My partner was getting his winter clothes. As he did, I stood outside and walked to the cliff that was on the road, overlooking the trailers and cars that the media set up over night. The sun was searing golden flames mixed with hints of red and black. Each snow flake that caught the light lit up as if it was its own light.