General Category > General Fan Fiction & Art

Journey of a Mad Guitar Player

(1/9) > >>

guitarhero01234:
Yep, I'm doing this again. I've been insanely bored lately and needed something to do while waiting for my guitar parts to come in the mail, so I figured I might as well start up a new companion piece to Memoirs. This is meant to take place somewhere in the current timeline - not sure exactly when, but I don't think it's all that important. Anyway, let's get right to it!

Journey of a Mad Guitar Player
Chapter 1
“Daddy?” a young voice called out to the sleeping figure.

“Mmrgh.”

“Daddy?” the voice said again, this time a little more forcefully.

“Five more minutes,” the still half-asleep figure mumbled.

This time, a new voice spoke up. “gh, if you don't get your sorry butt out of bed right now, you're really going to regret it. . . .”

This finally got gh's attention. Instantly, his eyes snapped open and he was sitting up, the sheets covering from his waist to his lower legs and his feet already touching the floor. “Saffa? How'd you get in here?”

Saffa smirked at gh. “You gave me a spare key, remember?”

“Right,” gh said, still trying to shake off his drowsiness. “Wait, what time is it?”

“Four o'clock,” Saffa said with a heavy sigh. “As in, PM. As in, thirty minutes before you have to be at work.”

“Oh, god da-” gh quickly stifled the curse word about to pass through his lips, noticing Leatherhead's presence. “Er, gosh darn it.”

“I swear, it's like I'm your dad or something- come on, gh, cover up already,” Saffa said as she covered her eyes. gh hastily picked a pair of jeans up off the floor of his thread. “You're lucky I'm here to watch LH. This is, what, the third time I've woken you up like this?”

“Sorry,” gh mumbled sheepishly as he made himself decent. “I should know by now, a RAFian never sleeps. And apparently, that should be taken literally.” Although this was meant to be taken as a joke, there was a hint of bitterness in gh's words. He had only laid down for a nap an hour earlier, after yet another sleepless night.

Saffa gave gh a lighthearted slap on the back. “Just hurry up, before you get fired.”

“Right.” gh threw on a black baseball cap and hurried toward the door. “Thanks again for watching LH for me, Saf. LH, be good for auntie Saffa, alright?” Leatherhead nodded at his adoptive father, a grin affixed to his reptilian face.

“gh?” Saffa sad, exasperation clear in her voice.

“Yeah?”

“Aren't you forgetting something?” gh didn't respond for a good few seconds.

“Uhh . . .”

“You're not wearing a shirt, you dork!” Forgoing the near-instinctual facepalm, Saffa threw a work shirt at gh. Before he could react, the garment wrapped around his face, temporarily blinding him.

“Oh. Yeah, might need that,” he remarked, quickly donning the shirt. He let out a small chuckle. “Y'know, if someone didn't know better, they'd think we were a married couple or something. . . .”

“If the kid wasn't here, I'd smack you for saying that.”

“Okay I love you buh-bye!” gh yelled over his shoulder as he exited his thread. With gh gone, Saffa went to the closet and pulled out a board game to play with Leatherhead.

“There's something wrong with that kid. . . .”

Cloak:
Wonderful start.

Underseen:
I read the prequel and am pretty excited to see what you're going to be able to come up with this one. If it is as delightfully bizarre as your first story, then it will be just as good if not better.

guitarhero01234:
Thanks :D For the record, I've more or less disowned Diary of a Mad Guitar Player at this point. I'm still fairly proud of Origin, though :P

New chapter probably gonna come later tonight. Depends on whether I build up the energy to write.

Cloak:
And its in the same continuity as Memoirs as well.

--- Quote from: gh on October 27, 2016, 10:25:49 PM ---Depends on whether I build up the energy to write.

--- End quote ---

Oh, I know this all too well. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version