Author Topic: RAF: All-Out War  (Read 7208 times)

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
RAF: All-Out War
« on: November 06, 2008, 06:01:18 PM »
Most of the weapons in this, are taken from the game Unreal Tournament 3, but if you havn't played the game, no worries as I describe the weapons fairly well.

Edit: I also found this, which has pics of the guns: http://planetunreal.gamespy.com/View.php?view=UT3GameInfo.Detail&id=3&game=3

and this one has MANY pictures of the weapons while firing: http://www.cineris.org/blog/2007/11/12/ut3-weapon-rundown/

The attacks came quickly and without warning; Flooders, Spammers, and Trolls, all teamed up to form the Spam Empire with the intent of taking control of the entire Internet and unleashing hordes of Viruses upon it. IMDB and AICN were the first Sites to fall under Spam control, as they had been infiltrated deeply with hundreds of undercover operatives. When the order was given to launch the devastating attacks on the two of the largest Sites and make their presence known to the World Wide Web, IMDB and AICN didn't stand a chance.

After that, many Sites fell to the mighty Spam Empire, some of the seedier ones offering themselves freely. The Free Sites formed together under one governing rule, the Alliance of Free Sites with their headquarters stationed on Facebook, as it was already known as the best Networking Site and was easily defendable.  Each Site that has the resources to create an army, has been requested to do so under order of the Alliance's leaders.

And thus is why the squad from RAF were called into action to help free a small Site that had recently fallen under Spam rule...

Two small Drop Pods crashed heavily into the soft grass-covered ground on the edge of the famous horror movie news site, Arrow-in-the-Head. The doors slid open with a whoosh, and a group of rag-tag soldiers stepped out in all forms of armor and suits, taking a moment to catch their balance from the drop.

Phoenix004, the squad leader, was the first to get his bearings and turn to his squad. "Ok people, quick re-brief! The Alliance at Facebook willingly gave this Site to the Spam Empire in exchange for Bloody-Disgusting to be safe from attack. However, they never said anything about this Site's members."

Phoenix raised one of his arms and pushed a button, projecting a 3-D map of the site. Part of it lit up. "The members are being kept hostage in this area. For now they're being used for slave labor, but the time is quickly approaching where they'll be given the option to join or to die. Our mission is to rescue them and get our asses off-Site as quickly as possible." The 3D image disappears and Phoenix lowers his arm and detaches from the back of his armor, a thick, long, rounded, rapid-fire white plasma link gun. Everyone else detached various weapons and held them tightly.

"What's the plan of attack?" Claire asked as she loaded a belt of clips into her minigun.

"We go for stealth and try and sneak our way there un-detected. It'll be best for everyone if the Spammers don't even know we're here until after we're gone."

"And if that doesn't work?" Dark Knight asked, standing next to Slushie Man, who wore a suit of thick red armor with a red helmet on that covered his entire head and face. Dark Knight held a purple shock rifle while Slushie Man took out two metallic enforcers from their holsters at his side.

Phoenix let out a slight smile. "Then we kick Spammer..." The rest of his sentence was cut off by the deafening noise of a nearby explosion.

Everyone instantly raised their weapons and started whipping around and ducking.

"Over there! Three of them!" Claire shouted, pointing. Everyone looked and saw three Flooders across the field, firing at them. Two had miniguns while the third had a thick huge rocket launcher on his shoulder.

"So much for stealth," Slushie Man mumbled, standing up and firing his two enforcers. "Phoenix, I'll cover you, go!"

Phoenix raised and fired his plasma link gun, an onslaught of thick green balls of energy cutting across the field in mere seconds. "Dameg, link up!"

Dameg, another that held a plasma link gun, fired a steady beam out from her gun, and it automatically linked up with Phoenix's gun, and the green energy balls turned yellow and exploded with force when they touched anything, which was the ground around the Flooders, throwing dirt up at them and making them jump out of the way to avoid being hit.

The second the all landed though, the two minigunners were instantly firing again, making the RAF Squad be the next to split up and dodge out of the way of crazy bullets. While they were distracted with trying to fire into the main group, one lone RAF member, Tyler, had snuck up around beside the attacks and managed to get within an arm's reach before one of them noticed him.

Before the Flooder could alert his partners though, Tyler fired a flak cannon point blank range and the Flooder's body exploded out in all directions, showering Tyler in gore.

As Tyler loaded another flak canister into his bulky yellow gun, the other minigunner whipped around at the sound of his friend exploding and lifted his gun to fire, but before he could, he was shot down by repeated yellow balls of energy from Phoenix and Dameg's linked guns, and the shots kept slamming into his body one after another, until his body flew across the ground like a ragdoll, coming to a stop in a crumpled heap.

The rocket launcher guy fired one rocket toward Tyler, and then instantly turned and fired three toward the other group. Tyler jumped out of the way as the ground where he had been standing exploded. Claire and the others in the squad that have miniguns fired them at the approaching rockets and managed to explode both of them in the air before they reached the squad.

While Claire and the minigunners were taking out the rockets, Slushie Man fired his twin enforcers. His shots though just kept bouncing off the Flooder's body armor, So Gaz knelt to the ground and raised a sniper rifle to her eyes. She took aim, making sure the guy's head was in the middle of the crosshairs, and fired one shot right between the eyes and his head exploded outward.

"Headshot!" Azgaurd shouted, cheering. He was inside some kind of exo-suit that covered his entire body.

"That's how you do it, honey," Gaz said as she stood back up and smiled at her RAF boyfriend, Slushie Man.

"Well that's sure to wake the neighborhood," Dark Knight stated after all the noises of the battle ceased and Tyler re-joined them.

"Ok, let's move it out, team!" Phoenix shouted. "It's a good bet that they know we're here, so be prepared to have to fight our way to the prisoner camp."

The squad marched across the field, passing by a small pond and shortly after that, a one-roomed wooden shack that they ignored.

"Halt!" Phoenix shouted as he instantly stopped and raised his plasma gun. Everyone followed suit as six more enemies rushed around a fence in the distance and entered the field, instantly letting loose some gunfire.

The RAF Squad returned fire as they slowly backed up to the wooden shack that had recently passed. With shots of all types coming and going all around them, Gaz is the first to reach the shack and she let one sniper shot off, hitting her mark and causing blood to gush from the neck of one of the approaching enemies, before turning around and trying to open the door.

"It's locked!" she shouted.

"Azguard, front and center!" Phoenix shouted. Just as Azguard stepped ahead of the squad, Phoenix turned and jogged to the door of the shack.

Azguard lifted an arm of his exo-suit and a barrage of pencil-sized missiles shot out and zoomed towards the enemies.

Phoenix tried the handle of the door himself, just as the wood close to him was pelted with bullets, and a giant purple ball of energy smacked into one of the soldiers right next to him, flinging the person back against the wood of the shack. The body slumped to the ground, a huge hole-shaped burn on his chest.

"VenomousSpideyWooki e is down!" Claire shouted as she turned and saw her buddy's body get slammed against the shack. She turned back around to fire at the approaching Flooders.

"**** this," Phoenix mumbled through gritted teeth. He raised his pulse rifle and fired one shot at the handle, blowing a hole through the door where the handle at been seconds before. He kicked the door open. "Everyone in!"

Azgaurd stayed out, firing his mini-missiles, keeping the Flooder soldiers back, while everyone else rushed inside the shack. A couple of them, such as Dark Knight, turned back around to fire a few more shots off before rushing into the shack. During that time, a jeep filled with four more enemy soldiers roared out onto the field with a gun turret hanging up from the middle of it.

When Azgaurd was the last one left outside, bullets from the jeep gun pelted the ground and the shack around him, but due to the enhanced speed the exo-suit gave him, he was able to avoid all the bullets, before flipping back through the air, landing in a crouch right in front of the door of the shack, let loose five mini-missiles from each arm, and then rolled backwards through the door, someone slamming it shut.

The ten missiles zoomed forward through the air and all impacted on the jeep, leaving nothing but a few scraps of scorched metal behind. The previous six Flooders advanced towards the shack at a jogging pace, passing the burning wreckage.

Suddenly the glass from one of the windows in the shack shattered, and the gun barrel of a shock rifle pointed out of it, instantly firing a barrage of giant purple balls of energy. Right before they reached the soldiers, who were already starting to dodge out of the way, Dark Knight fired a straight beam of purple laser fire at the nearest ball from his spot in the window, and it exploded the ball of energy in a small explosion, and then instantly changed direction to hit the next one. Within seconds, all the balls were causing small explosions, which combined made for a rather big explosion, which only two of the soldiers survived.

The survivors opened fire on the shack as they continued to advance and Dark Knight ducked down behind the window, putting his back up against the wall. "Next up!" he shouted and moved away from the window as Gaz went up next to it and raised the scope of her sniper rifle to her eye.

Taking perfect aim, she fired at one of the soldiers, but upon hearing the shot ring out, he moved to the side. He was only a fraction too late though, and while the shot wasn't fatal, it did end up clipping his arm, which caused him to swing to the ground with a cry of pain.

Gaz's eyes widened and she instantly ducked down behind the window as minigun fire rained in and slammed into the back wall from the area of the window.

"I missed!" Gaz shouted. "Son of a ****! I need cover fire."

"On it," Claire and another squad member jumped up and both fired their miniguns out the window at the soldiers. The bullets easily slammed into the injured soldier, who was still trying to get to his feet, and he was ripped apart. The other one ducked out of the way.

The second Claire and the other squad member finished, they moved away from the window and Gaz jumped back up, instantly having the sniper rifle trained on the last soldier. She fired one shot, causing his head to explode.

"All clear!" She called out.

Once Phoenix looked out the window and surveyed the area, he opened the door and exited, everyone else following him.

"They must have spotted us coming in," Phoenix explained. "If that's the case, our original route is compromised. They no doubt have more troops heading here from that direction, and if we keep on that route, we'll just keep getting pushed back to here until we run out of ammo."

"What about the highway?" Tyler asked.

"It's heavily guarded by Viruses," Claire answered for Phoenix. "Seriously, did you sleep through the Briefing?" Tyler made a face at her, but never replied.

"Claire's right," Phoenix said. "The highway is dangerous...But it's our best bet. Viruses we may be able to take if we're careful, but we stand no chance against the entire military invading force."

"So the highway it is," Tyler agreed.

"Ok, let's move out!" Phoenix changed directions from where they were headed before, and jogged across the field in that direction, the squad close behind.

"The highway..." Dark Knight said, unbelieving, as he turned to Slushie Man. "Great..."

"Yeah, this should be a barrel of fun," Slushie Man sighed his agreement with his friend, wishing he was any place but there. Anytime they had to go against even one virus, it meant trouble.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 06:51:26 PM by Slushie Man »

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Re: RAF: All-Out War
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 06:50:06 PM »
I like it because I'm in it and I'm awesome!  8)
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:52:50 PM »
Nice idea, I like it.

and ditto to what Mike said  ;D
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 07:55:56 PM »
LOL i loved the introduction!!!!! lol

you can include me if you want!

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 08:10:44 PM »
Oh don't worry, I plan to include pretty much everyone, even if they do only have one line or something. This is just starting off on one mission, but I plan to have it follow several missions, as well as some time at home on RAF, so there will be plenty of time for everyone to have a bit of story-time.

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 08:51:55 PM »
Slushie:

I am the ultimate Head Hunter at ALL UT's
I do also get Flak Monkey a lot, if you doubt that, ask my LAN buddys.

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 08:56:04 PM »
What's your username for Online play in UT3? I'll add you to my friends list. If I'm not at work, not sleeping, not hanging out with friends, and not on here or checking e-mail...then I'm in an online game of UT3, lol.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 10:10:41 PM »
wish I was in it, but I guess I can wait...I'm guessing I'm not in it because of my age? Cuz Ken, Anna, Blue, and Skye (at least I think skye is close to my age) aren't in it either.

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 10:29:27 PM »
Everyone will end up being in it. Truth behind how I picked who got to be in it so far, was simply becuase when I started writing it, I don't know if the Site was down or my computer was just screwed up but for whatever reason, I couldn't get onto the Site for a good day or so, so I had to pick names out of my memory which I'm not overly good with. I remembered Gaz, obviously, as she's my RAFgirl, and I remembered Dark Knight cause he's my friend in real life and I introduced him to this site, I remembered Claire cause I chat with her on MSN more then most others from this site, I remember Tyler cause of all the Tyler impersonators in the Chat that one time a couple months ago, and other then them, the other names just popped into my head after staring at my screen in silence for a few minutes, and I actually wanted to use more names there, but I couldn't get on the Site to  stalk the MB and pick names.

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 11:00:19 PM »
This totally made my day! I'm pretty handy with the sniper there.  ;D

Now all I can hear is Red Vs. Blue in my head. Church fails at using the sniper. *heh*

Can't wait to see how the epic unfolds, RAFman of mine.  ;)

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 11:00:53 PM »
What's your username for Online play in UT3? I'll add you to my friends list. If I'm not at work, not sleeping, not hanging out with friends, and not on here or checking e-mail...then I'm in an online game of UT3, lol.

I haven't played UT3 online, I played the SP but got lured into the world of CoD 4.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 11:33:22 PM »
Awwwwwww, why'd ya kill me off so early? :(
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 11:49:37 PM »
lol, needed a name, had no access to the site. Could only go by whatever names I had floating in my head.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 10:38:42 PM »
Fine, then. :P
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 01:01:16 PM »
*takes up an Ax-type tone*

Highly entertaining, Slushie Man.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.