Author Topic: A two-headed Animorph; conjoined twins given morphing power?  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
A two-headed Animorph; conjoined twins given morphing power?
« on: September 21, 2016, 11:50:16 PM »
Ha! Now that I have your attention, let me attempt to get into the serious discussion. What would happen if a (this is the incorrect term) two-headed person was given the morphing power? Well actually, and this makes a big difference, it's two identical twins that share a torso. Case in point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_and_Brittany_Hensel

So suppose Abby and Brittany were given the morphing power.

Here's my theory: Since they're two individuals, the only caveat being that as twins, they never finished separating in their mom's womb before continuing on with prenatal development, demorphing from a morph would result in both of them being separated. But what really puzzles me is how they would get the power and then acquire DNA in the first place.

Abigail's head and sense of touch are on their right side. When facing a camera, Abby is on the left side of the TV screen, which is possibly why her name is said first. That or it's alphabetical. Anyway... So suppose Abby is first allowed to touch the Escafil device, but Brittany is withheld from it for the time being. What would happen if Abby acquired something with her (right) hand and then tried to morph it? What would happen if both Abby and Brittany touched the Escafil device before either of them acquired anything, and then one of them morphed? Would the morphing twin "come out" of her sister, like the crocodile came out of Rachel in The Reaction (#12)? What would the non-morphing twin then be left with? Would she be forced to morph something else to stay alive?

Of course, once both twins had morphed something, they'd be able to demorph and then have the separate bodies they'd have had from their DNA if their separation had finished in the womb. One more "what if"! In their current conjoined body, would it be possible for them to both acquire the same animal, and then both start morphing into that same animal at the same time? Could they both morph into a single animal body with one head? Two minds in a head, taking turns controlling it? Wild stuff.

What do you think?

Offline TheWolfEmperor

• The Salem Author From Bennington
Re: A two-headed Animorph; conjoined twins given morphing power?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 03:47:17 PM »
This is a deep question with many facets. I'm surprised you didn't reference the other Rachel book: The Separation. If the girls morphed a starfish and were cut in half...
Author, Blogger, Soldier, Spy