Animorphs Section > Animorphs Forum Classic

The Animorphs lived after 54, Confirmed by Michael Grant

(1/6) > >>

Dylan:
From the reddit ama with Micheal Grant

--- Quote ---lyraseven:
Once and for all: fifteen years ago when I finished the last page of the Animorphs series something occurred to me that didn't, apparently, to most people: at one time in the past, Elfangor had in his turn rammed the Blade Ship and survived. Was the Rachel's maneuver a deliberate callback to this, a hint that the group would survive? Or was it really the implied suicidal-but-galaxy-saving last act many people took it to be?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---themichaelgrant:
"Was the Rachel's maneuver a deliberate callback to this, a hint that the group would survive?"

It's gratifying when the penny drops.

--- End quote ---

This made my day ;D

NothingFromSomething:
Still pretty inconclusive.  He pretty much just says it's a throwback/parallel to Andalite Chronicles.

There's still the thing way back in the day where Katherine said as far as she's concerned it could go either way, too.  So yeah, flip a coin, it's a 50/50 thing.

Dylan:

--- Quote from: NothingFromSomething on September 18, 2016, 05:01:21 PM ---Still pretty inconclusive.  He pretty much just says it's a throwback/parallel to Andalite Chronicles.

--- End quote ---
...Well, Eflangor survived the ramming of the blade ship. I thought by Grant saying that he more or less was insinuating Jake, Marco, and Tobias also lived.

NothingFromSomething:
Could be, though he doesn't actually say that.  On its own it looks that way, and maybe that's how he saw it.  Hardly definitive though, when you put it alongside what Katherine said on it years ago.  It's still sort of "they might have lived, they might not have", from that post it seems more like he's referring to it more just being a callback to TAC, that whole narrative "mirroring" thing.

NickDaGriff:
"It's like poetry, it rhymes."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version