Author Topic: Book 50: A previously blind girl possibly living out there as Rachel now  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
Near the end of book 50, The Ultimate, Cassie informs the reader what happened to the blind girl that Rachel spoke to at the place for blind kids, before the Yeerks saw them on camera and they got caught:

The blind red-haired girl who had been observed on infrared camera talking to Jake
and Rachel had escaped. Before the Yeerks could come back for her, she’d simply
walked out of the facility in Rachel morph.
http://animorphsforum.com/ebooks/50/

So what happens to this unnamed blind girl? Does demorphing to herself fix her sight? Is she spotted as Rachel and recognized? Where does she go? Does she hear that when the war ended, Rachel died? These are some interesting story prompts.

Offline TheWolfEmperor

• The Salem Author From Bennington
Re: Book 50: A previously blind girl possibly living out there as Rachel now
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 05:11:21 PM »
The girl was one of the auxiliary Animorphs. However, I entertain the idea that the Chee might have bailed out the Auxiliaries, or some of them might not have showed up to the battle, or any of possibility other than the Ellimist.

As to whether it cured her, that depends on whether or not she was born with the blindness. If it happened afterwards and it happened as the result of a non-genetic occurrence, it's possible.
Author, Blogger, Soldier, Spy

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 07:45:43 PM »
I don't know that she was one of the Aux. Animorphs, but she was living in the HB camp for a while (52, chapter 7). I don't think they would have been able to take her back to town to acquire morphs like the others got to, and she's never mentioned again
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline TheWolfEmperor

• The Salem Author From Bennington
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 11:56:48 AM »
I don't know that she was one of the Aux. Animorphs, but she was living in the HB camp for a while (52, chapter 7). I don't think they would have been able to take her back to town to acquire morphs like the others got to, and she's never mentioned again

Well, she was given the morphing power during their attempt to recruit disabled kids. A lot of the Auxiliaries weren't mentioned again, at least by name.
Author, Blogger, Soldier, Spy

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 06:32:52 PM »
Yes, but as she's described as a blind girl, and not a formerly blind girl who was healed once she used the morphing power, I'm assuming she's still blind, which would make it extra difficult to get her anywhere useful to obtain morphs since she was probably id'ed, the Yeerks knew she had contact with the Animorphs, and about a week after they meet her they blow up the pool.  No time to get her to the gardens, the only thing available being woodland critters and Hork-Bajir. It's possible, but I don't think she was fully enlisted.

...Just looked on Seerowpedia. They disagree with me, both as a combatant and a blind person. But they give no reasoning, and I'll just say that in general that thing needs to be overhauled.

Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 06:40:32 PM »
Yes, but as she's described as a blind girl, and not a formerly blind girl who was healed once she used the morphing power, I'm assuming she's still blind, which would make it extra difficult to get her anywhere useful to obtain morphs since she was probably id'ed, the Yeerks knew she had contact with the Animorphs, and about a week after they meet her they blow up the pool.  No time to get her to the gardens, the only thing available being woodland critters and Hork-Bajir. It's possible, but I don't think she was fully enlisted.

...Just looked on Seerowpedia. They disagree with me, both as a combatant and a blind person. But they give no reasoning, and I'll just say that in general that thing needs to be overhauled.

But after the war, the Yeerks wouldn't be a problem. Only a few weeks or maybe months separate that book and the end of the war.