Author Topic: K A Applegate and Michael Grant Forum visit PREVIOUS QUESTIONS  (Read 12967 times)

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
Re: K A Applegate and Michael Grant Forum visits.
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 06:47:20 AM »
Hey, Claire v2.0, which video was that?! Is there a link still?
Whoa, sorry I'm a little late with this reply.

This video sucks, but I think I got a few more people joining RAF...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=YWg6fANkZYk
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 07:00:39 PM »
Weird that there's, like, nothing on her channel page. ???
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 08:53:45 PM »
That was really kewl, Claire! GO THE AUSSIES ON RAF!!! Heheheh!
It was so random and cool how she actually posted. Hehehe!
Have you been up to any more recent Ani-things? Do you guys think K.A. still uses that account?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 08:55:59 PM by Gafrash »

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 01:11:20 PM by The Ellimist »

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 01:18:10 PM »
Hey, Claire v2.0, which video was that?! Is there a link still?
Whoa, sorry I'm a little late with this reply.

This video sucks, but I think I got a few more people joining RAF...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=YWg6fANkZYk
It would be nice to update the info on that video... from richardsani.conforu ms.com - to - animorphsforum.com/forum ;)

Offline rossabo

• For great justice!
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2008, 01:29:46 PM »
http://sidewaysmencken.blogspot.com/2008/11/home-to-america.html

http://stupidblogname.com/2008/11/not-about-inspiration/#more-205

they moved back to cali.
That's awesome! Maybe I'll bump into them at some point, since I live in SoCal (when not at college).

Michael seems like a pretty funny guy! Hopefully they will enjoy California again.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 01:35:05 PM »
That’s an excellent question there, theoretical interlocutor. And I have an inadequate answer: I thought I might change. I thought I might slow down, take on less work, stop and smell the flowers. Instead, in the seven months I’ve been here I’ve gone from one book a year and one blog, to two books a year and three blogs. And I’m angling for a third book a year. And I want to start doing a lot more promo. And I’m tangentially involved in a new technology company. Plus I’m thinking of getting involved in book packaging. And e-books. And I’d love to learn how to write scripts.

Come on, who else is thinking the same thing as I am?

It would be so cool if they wrote an animorphs script, that would give it such a cool feel.

And even if they don't, I would love to see any movie that Michael can come up with, hes great.

Michael seems like a pretty funny guy! Hopefully they will enjoy California again.

He is a really funny guy lol you should read all his other blog posts they are really entertaining

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2008, 04:38:51 AM »
They moved again?!! >_<
Oh, because of their Visa...
Well... I hope they had fun in Italy ^^
And about the subject: OF COURSE I'd like they come back too!
They left the old RAF just when I arrived! So I'd like they come here sometimes, even if not often, then we can ask them some questions... And they could see the Graphic novel, for example ^^
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline KOFSoldier

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »
I hate to say this, but..........I think they are just ready to let Animorphs go, and be done with it. If so, I guess I cant blame them, but if not.........WOOHOO!

Offline Anyalee-Sirinial-Isthil

• Sister Andalite to Ax and 'Al'
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 06:46:38 AM »
I've never read that interview before! It was great!!!  I have no real questions except maybe, what were her feelings behind Ax's character?

[IMG]http://i482.phot

Offline KOFSoldier

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2009, 06:51:06 AM »
Rossabo, you live in SoCal? What's it like? I always wanted to move there one day.

Funny thing is, the Animorphs live in SoCal, too.

Offline Uza-chan

• Kiley can spot a liar from a mile away >:O
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2009, 10:21:12 PM »
That was a really cute vid Claire XD I love the t-shirt :D

As for the interview, if I'm having memory loss and have not commented on it before, super cool! I hope they make an animorph movie  ;D

Offline Starsword

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2009, 11:14:42 PM »
But I also agree with the fact that some things are best left 'open' or 'abstract' to feed our imagination.
Like, the Visser morphs, never having seen one, and only counting on the description of the Animorphs, I could only imagine the extra-terrestrial creatures the Visser was turning into through K.A.s words. Trying to come up with a 'visual' on paper seems to kill all the different possibilities an Antarean Bogg looks like in our each and individual minds.
It's why I also kinda liked the ending being open. It's like a respect the authors had for our imagination, in a way.

I was sad when I saw that poster that had alot of the aliens drawn on it. If i remember right, it had venber and they were not what i expected and I was bummed.
Until then we fight.

Offline rossabo

• For great justice!
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2009, 06:00:39 PM »
Rossabo, you live in SoCal? What's it like? I always wanted to move there one day.

Funny thing is, the Animorphs live in SoCal, too.
Well, the weather is excellent if you live by the beaches/city (although terribly hot in the valley where I live). We don't really have forests like they had in the books, which leads me to believe that the city was more like a Northern/Mid California city, such as Santa Cruz.

But anyways, the LA empire is ridiculously huge. There are a lot of good business opportunities here, but unfortunately, it is generally expensive to live here. I like the Northern Californian personalities more than the Southern Californian personalities, because NorCalifornians have a more easygoing hippie/wine connoisseur mentality than the serious business/extremely aspiring mentality of SoCalifornians.

Also, we have the movie industry here in LA. I have been working as an extra for TV shows, and it is fun to go to the movie studios and see all of the sets that your favorite movies were shot in.

Anyways, regarding K.A. visiting the forum again, I highly doubt it. It seems like Grant is busy writing his book, and Katherine is busy raising her kids. I guess we have to see things from their perspective. They're busy, and while I'm sure they would like to connect with their fans more, unless we have really interesting questions to ask them, they have more important matters to attend to. Unfortunately, it seemed as though a lot of the questions we were asking when they were actively visiting the forums were very trivial and somewhat unimportant, and they certainly spent a decent amount of time responding to the questions.

I highly doubt they will visit the forums again. What we should do, is start a thread where everybody raises questions to ask them. From these questions, Ellimist would narrow them down to the best questions, compile them in an email, and send it to K.A. That way, she wouldn't need to be making a weekly commitment, and wouldn't need to be answering trite questions.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2009, 03:44:09 AM »
I highly doubt they will visit the forums again. What we should do, is start a thread where everybody raises questions to ask them. From these questions, Ellimist would narrow them down to the best questions, compile them in an email, and send it to K.A. That way, she wouldn't need to be making a weekly commitment, and wouldn't need to be answering trite questions.

Good idea! Please, let's do that, Ellimist!
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum