Author Topic: K A Applegate and Michael Grant Forum visit PREVIOUS QUESTIONS  (Read 13028 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: K A Applegate and Michael Grant Forum visits.
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 07:24:07 PM »
Yea who wouldn't want them to come answer some more questions.

Well I got no questions to ask (strangely enough). I don't really ask too many questions about a story. if there's something I don't get, I just figure it out myself...but I'm getting a bit off topic.

the point: I don't mind too much if they don't come back, but I think some of the newer active members (like azguard and -1-2-3-) might like a chance to ask KA some questions...

Its not about asking random factual questions about the series, its about getting the behind the scenes questions answered that you couldn't figure out for yourself. You didn't find the old q&a interesting?
like what?
anything i can't figure out I just create my own answer.
and honestly, a lot of the questions I wouldn't ask...

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »
I am sorry, I don't know everyone here, so didn't know who'd been gone and back.
But I'd like to say that it would be AWESOME TO HAVE INTERACTION WITH THE THE AUTHORS. Do you reckon they would drop a line every now and again?!
Are they actually living in Italia? I thought they lived in the US.

I imagine people would overwhelm them with questions, too. I would be willing to compromise someone controlling what questions I ask for the sake of not having a wave of overwhelming same-but-different repeat questions for them to answer. Plus, I'd like to know that I don't even know what 'the other' forum in which you guys say they used to frequent, was like, so, I think such feat might actually be unavoidable.
But in the end, if K.A. and Michael are using the forum, isn't it really more up to them to choose which questions to answer???
Why don't we just limit everyone's questions to a few. Is a moderator able to lock the thread until the few questions are replied/answered. And this moderator could also cancel out repeat questions and the likes.
I am just thinking, that not all the writings would be questions, you know.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 08:58:45 AM by Gafrash »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 05:17:37 AM »
Yes, it would be a bit daunting to come onto a forum knowing there are a bunch of fans who want to bombard you with questions.
There should be a limit to questions or something, plus some of the same questions from last time might get asked again.

I'm just still so excited K.A. watched my video :) and commented! woo yea.  8)

To me thats better than getting questions answered, lol. I'm really surprised that I still do not have a single one to ask.

I know that personally, if I was an author, I'd definately want to talk to my fans, and no, its not about the ego trip of having people praise you :P
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 08:59:35 AM »
Hey, Claire v2.0, which video was that?! Is there a link still?

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 11:18:27 AM »
yea claire, that video is big in the animorphs community lol seriously

if they did come again we should have a thread to suggest questions and then one person decides on the best and posts one at a time, giving credit to the one who asked it

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 11:39:50 AM »
I am sorry, I don't know everyone here, so didn't know who'd been gone and back.
But I'd like to say that it would be AWESOME TO HAVE INTERACTION WITH THE THE AUTHORS. Do you reckon they would drop a line every now and again?!
Are they actually living in Italia? I thought they lived in the US.

I imagine people would overwhelm them with questions, too. I would be willing to compromise someone controlling what questions I ask for the sake of not having a wave of overwhelming same-but-different repeat questions for them to answer. Plus, I'd like to know that I don't even know what 'the other' forum in which you guys say they used to frequent, was like, so, I think such feat might actually be unavoidable.
But in the end, if K.A. and Michael are using the forum, isn't it really more up to them to choose which questions to answer???
Why don't we just limit everyone's questions to a few. Is a moderator able to lock the thread until the few questions are replied/answered. And this moderator could also cancel out repeat questions and the likes.
I am just thinking, that not all the writings would be questions, you know.

I used to moderate the topic, back in the days when I was an administrator... But ya I like the responses people are having to this Idea!

Offline Starsword

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 11:52:20 PM »
Yeah it would be sweet if they came back. On the other hand, there are so many questions I don't want answered, because as a community we already sort of have, whether right or wrong, Animorphs is as much ours to determine as theirs.
Until then we fight.

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 03:16:33 AM »
Yeah it would be sweet if they came back. On the other hand, there are so many questions I don't want answered, because as a community we already sort of have, whether right or wrong, Animorphs is as much ours to determine as theirs.

WHOA, Starsword, I say 'AMEN' to what you said above there! I mean, here I am, almost a decade after reading the series and am still fascinated and am still pondering about it!!!
I totally agree!
But I also agree with the fact that some things are best left 'open' or 'abstract' to feed our imagination.
Like, the Visser morphs, never having seen one, and only counting on the description of the Animorphs, I could only imagine the extra-terrestrial creatures the Visser was turning into through K.A.s words. Trying to come up with a 'visual' on paper seems to kill all the different possibilities an Antarean Bogg looks like in our each and individual minds.
It's why I also kinda liked the ending being open. It's like a respect the authors had for our imagination, in a way. I find closure in the fact that the authors had your statement in mind when they made Jake ram the Bladeship!

esplin

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 10:10:29 AM »

i really agree with that one.  i think the authors kinda feel the same way as well

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 02:22:19 PM »
well i copies all of the already asked questions into the first post. so you can read them there.

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 04:48:57 AM »
Hey, TheEllimist, thanks for posting those, dude. I found they were all valid and interesting questions. Stuff that every fan pondered at one point. The behind the scenes stuff... The choices they've made throughout the development of the series. The part about the ghostwriters. The stuff on the anagrams.
But I really look up to her for how she humbly took her time to answer those questions. Rare is an author that does that. Really kind of her. I imagine a swarm of those questions would have been a killer.
Would be cool to find out where her and Michael are at in their 'writer' projects now.

Funny what K.A. said on the e-books topic. I imagine they would have similar reservations about us doing an Ani Graphic Novel.
Don't really know what an e-book is, by the way. ::)

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 01:40:05 PM »

You can read all of the Animorphs books online, right here, for free lol (and a few remnants and everworld books)

Michael was talking on stupidblogname about online books and how they would be a cheap and profitable way to re-release old books, so maybe they'll end up doing that with animorphs (we'd probably have to take it down from here if that happened)

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 04:13:49 PM »
Let's hope not. :P
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 04:14:51 PM »
yeah, that's really suck. especially after all the effort you guys put into getting them up in the first place.

it'd be a real shame. :-\

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 05:45:46 PM »
Hey, TheEllimist, thanks for posting those, dude. I found they were all valid and interesting questions. Stuff that every fan pondered at one point. The behind the scenes stuff... The choices they've made throughout the development of the series. The part about the ghostwriters. The stuff on the anagrams.
But I really look up to her for how she humbly took her time to answer those questions. Rare is an author that does that. Really kind of her. I imagine a swarm of those questions would have been a killer.
Would be cool to find out where her and Michael are at in their 'writer' projects now.

Funny what K.A. said on the e-books topic. I imagine they would have similar reservations about us doing an Ani Graphic Novel.

Ok you guys don't know something.

Both KA and Michael Grant worked on Animorphs, they just put her name on the books. if you notice in her dedications page, she says: "For Michael."  That's Michael Grant.

So, it wasn't always Katherine replying, it was Michael too. And judging by the way that the answers were given, i think that MG answered most of them.