Author Topic: Are You Ready to Fly?  (Read 9818 times)

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
Are You Ready to Fly?
« on: October 22, 2008, 07:22:44 PM »

So I've been on Classic RAF a bit today and I came across an RP that Esplin started way back when called 'Would you like to fly'. It was about a group of characters chosen by the Ellimist to go through the universe and preform a series of tasks. After reading it I realized it was a pretty good Rp, until someone who shall go unnamed, *cough*Jax*cough*, started Mary-Sueing it up.

Edited from the original thread:
In my RP a couple original characters would be doing missions around the galaxy to help the Ellimist and meddle in ways that he can't. Of course involving action and comedy. Since the ellimist is involved we can go anywhere or do anything, invent any new races or visit ones that already exist.

Basically it starts with the Ellimist choosing his team, then I'll post as the Ellimist and send you on your mission.

The Rules::
1. No God modding, unless the player says it's okay.

2. Keep the heavy swears and the sex to a minimum, keep it PG-13.

3. Be creative! Don't be afraid to do some crazy stuff or throw in some twists, try to make your character interesting and unique.

4. If you want to join post a description, bio, personailty and if your character is starting with the morphing ability then a list of morphs.

6. We will start when we get 4-5 characters.

Name:
Personality:
Bio:
Special Characteristics:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 07:41:06 PM by RPG Jayne »

Offline V2113

• Recently Returned Raffian, RRR
Re: Are You Ready to Fly?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 02:49:22 PM »
Name: Victory Louis

Appearance: tall; fair skinned; long slightly wavy black hair with short straight bangs that go diagonally down to the left eye, has a lime green streak in the bangs; not chubby but not very thin either; electric green eyes that seem to cut right through you; bright lime green nails

Personality: has a fiery temper, is afraid to show her soft side, is afraid of happiness because it always gets taken away, has good manners but very rarely shows them

Bio: Had a happy life until she turned five. On her fifth birthday her house was broken into and both her parents were killed, she was moved to an orphanage and adopted by a very kind couple when she was 6. Her foster mother got a brain tumor and died when she was seven. Her foster father went insane and she was taken back to the orphanage where she was again adopted, this time by a strictly strict principle who disliked children and enjoyed torturing them so she made sure that Victory was always staying up to do her hundreds of homework assignments.

Special Characteristics: She deals with temperatures. When she gets angry her hair may burst into green flame. If she's calm she can keep the temperature at any level. She can't die by freezing or burning but she does get very exhausted.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 04:18:06 PM by V »
I used to be V, before that I was Tobiasfan21. Then I disappeared for several months after being kidnapped by the Twilight series. Don't make me talk about it, it was horrible. Now, I'm V2113.

I am currently a Heroes fan who enjoys writing more than anything in the world.

Offline demos666

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Satan is dad, hell is my home.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 05:51:01 PM »
Name: Demos Phobos Mars

Appearance: tall, tanned, long strait silver hair, muscular, red eyes (Grandfathers a albino)

Personality: Fun loving, joker

Bio: Demos has lived a pretty average life. He's gone to 3 different schools, moved twice.
He always has had good grades but found time to be the fun loving joker that he is. He go's
to university majoring in chemistry and biology. Top of his chemistry class and second in his
biology class. His pass times involve hunting, video games and D&D

Special Characteristics: none
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 07:42:23 PM by demos666 »
My Theme song is The Number Of The Beast-Iron Maiden
Save a fire, Burn a tree
I put the laughter in manslaughter
“I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.” - Winston Churchill
"Vidi, Vici, Veni." - Julius Caesar
"Hope is the first step to disappointment" - Librarian, Blood Ravens

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 08:19:10 PM »
Okay, so I guess I wasn't very clear with the guidelines, my bad, basically the characters have to be believable. What I mean is that something like a 14-year-old being able to make a synthetic brain after 'years-in-a-lab' doesn't work. I'm going to rewrite the starting post to be a bit more clear.

Really sorry about that, it's been a long week and I've been rushing things a bit.

Offline demos666

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 08:38:39 PM »
there i change it my ideas are always a bit out there :P
Save a fire, Burn a tree
“I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.” - Winston Churchill

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 01:18:39 AM »
Demos, I have to know, what is with your obsession with long white hair? ::)

Anyway, I should have a better version of the first post within the next 48 hours.

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 11:08:04 AM »
Hey ya! I remember this! Is it starting up again? cause if you need an ellimist... lol

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 02:13:46 PM »
Dude! Sure! Your like, legendary! ;D

lol, I'm still working out some kinks obviously, but should be set to go in no time.

Does that mean mine's okay? Does it? DOES IT?

I'd appreciate it if you made your character a bit older, in fact I'd really like the characters to be at least 16.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 03:53:07 PM »
Name: Calyda Rhose

Appearance: average by most means. black hair, brown eyes, athletic, strong

personality: The kind of person that can and will take charge only if necessary. Otherwise, he's content on just being the follower. He's also a hard thinker, though also a risk taker. Has a strong set of beliefs on what is wrong and what is right.

Bio: Despite being very good with people, Calyda has always been separate from his friends whether because of background, belief, or experience. However, he still loves people and gets along easily with virtually anyone.
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline demos666

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 07:44:29 PM »
how is demos v3?
Save a fire, Burn a tree

Offline HkRevan

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 09:35:02 PM »
(Can I still join?)

Name: Alexander Lawls

Appearance: Alexander is five foot six and has tan skin from average exposure to the sun. He has short black hair with red tips. He has broad shoulders and an firm build. He has a scar on his shoulder from an accident as a youth. He has one blue eye and one brown eye. He has heterochromia.

Personality: Alexander is impulsive amoung family but quiet around strangers. He thinks alot. He likes sports, and hiking through the woods. He hates being useless. He wants to live the philosphy of enjoying the journey far more than the end result. He is logical enough to understand the usage of violence but he doesn't act on the impulse on that.

He can't touch or use anything resembling a gun. His hands shake and his scar throbs with phantom pains.

Bio: Alexander comes from a family of cops. When he was five he got a scar from his cousin who fired a gun at him in play that caused his phobia. In order to cope with being unable to touch guns, his parents enrolled him into a martial arts school. He continued on dilgently. He branched from that to other forms of martial arts, judo, karate and even went to another country to learn from monks. He finished high school early at sixteen and went on to further his career in martial arts. He has just finished a summer in the rural parts of China.

Special Characteristics: Martial Artist Master

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 05:53:02 PM »
Name: Acre Lorraine

Appearance: Wears dirty, mostly torn blue jeans, a green shirt, and a dirty old leather bomber pilot jacket with a kevlar vest badly sewn on.  His scraggly brown hair could definately use some work.  When he's not wearing a blue spray painted gas mask, people can see his green eyes.

Personality: Not the happiest camper, expects the worst and gets it.  Very unlikely to hesitate with a finger on the trigger, unless it's a dog.  He will not hurt a dog unless the alternative hurts other dogs.  (no not a chee, but he'd love to meet them)

Bio:  Meet Acre, he may be a pessimist, but if he's doing a job, he won't stop.  If you ask him if he's ready, he'll probably answer no as he steps into the firing range.  In fact, it's happened several times.  No super soldier by any means, he was deemed good enough to receive the morphing power.  Which he immediately used to go away.  Acre is no coward, but he hates being the one dealing with problems.  So he turned tail(literally) and disappeared into the wilderness.  Unfortunately he had little training and spent most time sick, or unconscious.  Later he would refuse to eat anything not cooked by someone semi competent.  After a few months, he grew bored and joined a small cult.  He was pretty sure the cult was insane but then again, he didn't know what they believed.  After several years of learning the art of being a cultist, he left.  Or was forced to leave depending on who you ask. He just felt it was time to leave after he set the place on fire with a strange collection of chemicals.  As of this point, he's looking for a place to stay.

Special Characteristics: Morph ability: golden retriever, black labrador, alaskan malamute, wolf, ****roach, fly, kangaroo, platypus, buckeye hawk
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
 Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline V2113

• Recently Returned Raffian, RRR
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 04:20:06 PM »
Is this thread dead or something?
I used to be V, before that I was Tobiasfan21. Then I disappeared for several months after being kidnapped by the Twilight series. Don't make me talk about it, it was horrible. Now, I'm V2113.

I am currently a Heroes fan who enjoys writing more than anything in the world.

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 11:43:44 AM »
I hope not.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
 Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 01:23:40 AM »
seems like it...
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?