Author Topic: School Day 2 - Now Complete  (Read 6388 times)

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
School Day 2 - Now Complete
« on: October 19, 2008, 10:32:25 AM »
Hello again faithful RAF reader! I just want to take this time to inform you of some changes and explain to you a brief history of this story. The original version was written in 2000, but just recently I started updating the writing in it. I didn’t add or remove a single scene, or change anything at all. I just fixed up the dialog and made the writing better, and that is it. I still want it to be the exact same story, complete with its crappyness, however I wanted to still be able to read it without tearing my hair out at the bad writing. I plan on doing that for all my old original stories. Now, here’s a bit of background info on the story. I’ll be doing this with all my re-writes on my older stories, explaining a brief history behind them, as kind of like a 'Special Feature'.

Despite the open ending of the previous one, originally the first School Day story was supposed to be the only School Day story. I never had any plans of doing a sequel. However, it was such a huge surprise hit among the people in my class, and among my friends, that I knew in the back of my mind that a sequel was now quite possible. Up until that point, only my closest friends would read my stories, but after School Day, I had people I hardly even knew come up and ask for a copy to read, or ask where they could find it online.

I went on to write a couple of other stories first, such as Terror in the Tunnels which was about giant killer alligators in the tunnels under New York, and Invisible Killer which was about a haunted camp ground based off a ghost story by dad used to tell me as a kid, but found my mind often switching back to School Day. In February of 2000, just two months after I had written the original School Day, I began work on School Day 2. Some things I had known right off the bat, such as wanting to have it take place while Jeff and Allison were in University, and that during the time between the first and second stories, Jeff and Allison had dated and since broken up and were no longer on speaking terms. Everything else about the story I pretty much made up as I went along.

However, I needed a school and I needed a cast of characters. The first story had all my friends from Alberta in it, so I decided to give my friends in Newfoundland the same, um, ‘privilege’, and so thus the characters in School Day 2 were based upon my friends and teachers from Newfoundland. From there, I decided to have the entire thing take place in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and have the University be MUN, the University of Newfoundland located in St. John’s, my old city.

Although since this took place slightly in the future (I was only in Grade Nine when I wrote it), I was not able to have any of it be based off real events that had happened, like the first half of the original story had been. The entire thing had to be made up, so it was a lot harder to write. On top of that, I needed to have a plausible way to get them all stuck in the University with the killer, and that was probably the most difficult part.

Like with most horror sequels, the character list has been raised, and with more characters then the first time around, I wasn’t able to have nearly as much characterization as I had hoped. Although, again like with most horror sequels, I tried to make up for that by upping the gore factor; this is a teen slasher after all. People read these things for the gore and not the deep thought-provoking characters anyway. One specific death in this story, involving a toilet seat, went on to become famous among my friends as one of the most inventive deaths ever, and even got nominated for, although I cannot remember if it won or not, an award on a Horror Fiction site during one of the site’s Annual Halloween Awards.

So here you go, I now present to you:

SCHOOL DAY 2

By: Jeff Long

The cloudy night sky covered the Newfoundland city of St. John’s like a black blanket. Somewhere under that blanket on a cul-de-sac that was located on the edge of a hill looking down at the rest of the brightly-lit city, was an upscale expensive house, which was currently housing only one occupant – 13-year-old Jacob Adams.

Jacob was lying on his bed, his door wide open which was something he never did when his parents were home as he loved his privacy, and he was in the middle of reading a stack of paper that was printed off from his computer, while chatting on the phone with his best – and only true – friend. Jacob had been in the middle of reading the stack of paper when his friend had called.

“Not too much,” Jacob answered his friend’s question of what he was doing that night. “Just reading this story I got in my e-mail.”

“What story?” the friend asked, not really caring but just acting like he did to further the conversation.

“You heard about the Wainwright Murders, right?” Jacob asked. When his friend replied with a solid no, Jacob explained, “Four years ago, in this small town up in Alberta, some people got stuck in their school during a snowstorm and one of them went psycho and killed the others. They never caught him. There was a story written by one of the other students before the incident, that the killer based his killing spree off of, called School Day. Apparently this is that story.”

“Dude, you’re so morbid. Why would you want to read something like that?”

Jacob shrugged. “Personal curiosity. Spent forever trying to find it. I can’t even count the number of message boards I had to leave messages at before some dude that was lucky enough to have a copy, e-mailed it to me.”

“Is it at least any good?”

“The writing sucks but the story is good. Some chick just got offed after going to the bathroom.” Jacob was a huge horror movie fan, and although as soon as someone was by themselves during a horror movie, such as to use the bathroom, he knew from a mile away what was going to happen, he still looked forward to the death just the same.

“You should let me read it when you’re done,” the friend gave in, admitting that it sounded at least half-way decent. Might just be good for a chuckle if nothing else.

“Sure,” Jacob replied as he flipped one of the pages over to read the next one. “I’ll bring it to school tomorrow.”

Jacob droned out what his friend said next, as he concentrated on a sudden distinct scratching noise drifting up to his ears from some place on the ground floor of his dark house. “Hey man, I’m going to have to call you back,” Jacob said to his friend as the noise stopped for a minute and then started again before stopping once more. “I think my parents are home.”

“A’ight dude, talk to ya in a few.”

Jacob hung up his phone. He called out and then listened intently for the reply that never followed. He called out two more times as he made his way out into the hall and then down the stairs, flipping on every light switch along the way to brighten the darkness all around him and to defeat any scary shadows.

After not getting any reply by the time he reached the kitchen, Jacob doubted very much that it was his parents who had just come home. He went over to the closet and pulled out a tall broom, which he grasped tightly in both hands as if it was a powerful weapon that would be used to frighten off any intruders that may be trying to break in to steal his mom’s jewelry collection.

“I’m armed!” Jacob called out loud enough for anyone that may have been hiding in his house to hear. “So you better leave right now!” To his surprise, he was actually given a reply this time, however it was only a return of the scratching noise from before, this time coming in through an opened window.

Jacob went to the front door and stepped out into the cool spring night breeze, still clutching the broom as if his life depended on it. He scanned the nearby area, and upon not seeing anything out of the ordinary, he slowly made his way to the side of the house, but saw only his mother’s prize-winning plants rustling against the side of the house from the breeze.

Content that it was only the wind and plants making the noise he heard, Jacob turned back around to head inside, but instead found his path back blocked by a figure dressed in a dark grey grim reaper costume, holding onto what appeared to Jacob, as a very realistic-looking scythe. The only clue to the identity of the figure, was that the hood revealed only a small portion of the chin.

“Who the **** are you?” Jacob asked, however quickly raised his broom in both hands again, to block Grim Reaper’s answer – which was nothing more then a simple raising of his scythe.

The scythe swung down and easily chopped the broom into two pieces as Jacob jumped back. “Holy ****!” Jacob then began shouting for help as he threw the two pieces of wood onto the ground and turned, breaking into a panicked run to escape his attacker.

Voice hoarse from screaming for help so much and legs wobbly from running so franticly as he made his way to the back of his large house, he finally reached the back door and quickly turned the handle, only to discover much to his shocked disappointment, that it was locked.

While he breathed heavy to catch his breath, Jacob quickly looked all around behind him, hoping to see the location of the attacker but seeing nothing but trees blowing in the wind and his well-kept lawn.

Just as he was about to make a mad dash back to the front of his house, he heard the sound of the back door unlocking. “Mom, dad!” he cried as the door swung opened. “There’s someone out…”

Jacob stopped short when he saw that it was not his mom or dad that had opened the door, but Grim Reaper. Jacob didn’t even have time to think any kind of ‘Oh ****’ thoughts, as Grim Reaper instantly swung his scythe and had it connect with Jacob’s soft face and sickly exit the back of his head.

[***

The thousands of students that attended the main university of MUN in St. John's, Newfoundland, were filled with happiness as for the first morning in over a week the sun was shining brightly instead of hiding behind thick rain clouds. Despite that however, many of the students still could be found wandering the halls inside of the gigantic university.

Among those students was a much older and more mature Jeffrey Long, now with longer hair on his head and facial hair covering his chin and mouth area in a rectangular shape. Walking with him were his two friends, the short and plump Ryan Miller and the taller and more fit Justin Lundrigan.

They pushed their way through the crowded underground tunnel hallway, away from where the hundreds of lockers were located, as they continued on with a discussion about how much Jeff hated his English class due to his overly-strict know-it-all professor.

“So glad I never went into that course,” Ryan said as they reached their set of lockers and started changing up their text books.

“I’m even more lucky,” the empty-handed Justin bragged as he straightened his glasses. “I’ve only got three classes during the day. The rest are all Spares.”

“Yeah, just wait until next semester,” Ryan warned. “You’ll be making that up then.”

“That’s what happened to me,” Jeff replied. "Last semester I only had a few classes but now this one I’m swamped so much, I can’t even party on the weekends anymore.”

“And man, you are missing some nice parties,” Justin informed Jeff for the billionth time. “This upcoming weekend there’s supposed to be a real killer one at Darryl’s place, if you can make it.”

“I’ll try,” Jeff smiled. He used to be such a huge partier, but the constant school work he had been getting swamped with recently put a real quick turn in that road, and he was constantly disappointed as he had to hear about all the fun times he was missing.

They closed their lockers and continued walking down the hall together, pushing through the sea of moving bodies crowding the hall.

“So did you guys hear the news this morning?” Ryan asked after a long silence.

“****, yeah,” Justin replied, but Jeff had to go the ‘No’ route.

“Some Grade 9 kid from MacDonald Drive got murdered last night,” Ryan explained to Jeff.

“Man, that was our old school,” Justin exclaimed.

Jeff’s heart instantly came to a grinding halt and his eyes filled with familiar fear as Ryan went on, “The police think the murder weapon was a sword or something cause of the long, deep, gashes all over the body.”

“Or a scythe…” Jeff whispered, stopping on the spot, not even realizing anymore that there were other people in the hall other then him and his thoughts. Grade 9 student…possibly a scythe…it was sounding all too familiar to him. The day had arrived that Jeff knew would happen eventually but still hoped against it.

“Go on ahead,” Jeff said to his friends as he came back out of his own head. “I’ll catch up with you guys later. I need to go talk to someone.” Before they could ask any questions, Jeff turned and headed back down the stairs into the locker tunnels at high speed.

Roberta Hammond brushed her long brown hair out of her eyes as she watched her friend turn the combination for her locker. A much older and more developed Allison Luk, with her previously-blonde hair now dyed bright red, easily turned the lock as Roberta waited patiently next to her. 

“They’re saying that everyone should stay in large groups until the killer is caught,” Roberta continued informing Allison of the news from that morning. “They don’t know yet if it was random or if there was some motif behind it, but they want everyone to be safe just the same.”

Allison, trying really hard not to think about the murder, continued rummaging through her locker as she put her previous class’ books away and started the search for the next set. “What class do we have next?” Allison asked, quickly changing the topic. She had spent too much time in the company of killers. She hated thinking about that fateful day at her old school, and any topic that made her think about it even the tiniest bit, she’d either ignore or change to something else.

“Artistic Designs, then Folklore,” Roberta answered as she paused for a second in her relaying of the news, before continuing on with it again. Allison sighed heavily as Roberta went on, “Like really, what is this world coming to? A 13-year-old being murdered in cold blood like that. There are some real demented people out there, I tell you.”

Allison closed her locker a bit harder then she meant to, out of frustration at Roberta not catching the hint that she didn’t want to talk about the murder. Just as they turned to walk away, Jeff arrived right in front of them.

“Hey Jeff,” Roberta greeted, smiling. After the nightmare events that happened to Jeff and Allison in High School, they began dating and then when Jeff moved back to his home in Newfoundland, Allison followed. Shortly after however, they broke up and rarely ever spoke to each other again, even after Jeff started dating Allison’s best friend Roberta. It was a long time after, but they also eventually broke up. Unlike Jeff and Allison however, Jeff and Roberta remained close friends after the break-up.

“Hey yourself,” Jeff greeted back before turning to Allison and slightly nodding his head in a greeting gesture. “Allison.”

“Why are you here?” Allison asked frustratingly, brushing her neon-red hair out of her eyes and glaring at her ex-boyfriend. Jeff tried a few times to get back together with her, despite her lack of courtesy towards him, and if that was what he was trying to do yet again then Allison really didn’t want to hear it.

“It’s about what happened last night. And four years ago.”

Jeff and Allison never mentioned the Wainwright High School Massacre to any of their friends in Newfoundland, and so Roberta was completely lost and had the feeling she was being pushed out of the conversation. Those feelings were confirmed when Allison, not taking her glaring eyes off of Jeff, said to her, “Go on to class, Roberta. I’ll meet up with you there.”

Roberta sighed, fearful that Jeff and Allison were about to get back together, as she still had feelings for Jeff. Not wanting to upset her friend however, Roberta nodded and walked away, heading to class.

“The murder from last night has me thinking that…”

“I know what you’re thinking, Jeff,” Allison instantly cut him off. “They’re not connected. It’s impossible.”

“No it’s not, Allison!” Jeff exclaimed louder then he meant. They got a few weird looks from passer-by’s and Jeff lowered his voice. “They never found Dillon’s body.”

“This isn’t a horror movie or one of your stupid little stories. This is the real world. Start living in it. He more then likely crawled away before the cops showed up and then died someplace from loss of blood.”

“But what if he didn’t?” Jeff countered, annoyingly and pointlessly pressing the subject matter as far as Allison was concerned. “What if he’s still out there? It’s possible.”

“No, it’s not.”

“The weapon that killed that kid,” Jeff continued, not giving up, “could have easily been a scythe.”

“It’s not him, alright!” Allison shouted before running off down the hall, tears of pain and frustration flowing freely down her face.

Jeff was left alone in the hall, as other students by this point were already headed to their classes. He stared after Allison as she ran down the hall and around the corner. “Dillon is still out there,” he whispered to himself.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 07:42:37 PM by Slushie Man »

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Re: School Day 2
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 07:12:23 PM »
Wow, this is a good start. I like!  ;D

Can't wait to read more. I'm excited!

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 09:43:21 PM »
I think you'll like this one. Out of this one and the first, this is my personal favorite. The gore factor is doubled, the body count is much higher (If these stories could have theme songs, 'Let the Bodies Hit The Floor' would be this one's), and I just love having characters that have gone through a similar situation before not being believed by the other characters when everything starts happening all over again.

This one may take a bit longer to fully post though, cause while I had the first School Day already completely re-written and updated by the time I started posting it, I'm working on this one still, as I'm going along. I post roughly 7 pages at a time though, so when I reach around that amount, I'll post the next bit.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 10:52:38 PM by Slushie Man »

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 09:59:36 AM »
Roberta had been sitting at a large round table in the Artistic Design room with her tall naturally red-headed friend, Andrew Hennebury.

“So Berta,” Andrew started his daily ritual but was cut off.

“Don’t call me that. How many times do I have to tell you? I hate that name.”

“So, Roberta,” Andrew continued. “What are you doing tonight?”

“Nothing with you,” Roberta snapped back.

Andrew frowned, but only for a fraction of a second before continuing on with, “Is it just me or do you get more and more beautiful every day?”

Roberta sighed. “Andrew, why do you even bother? I’ve already told you I’m not interested in you like that and we’ll never date.”

Andrew shrugged. “What can I say? I’m persistent. You know, most girls find that…”

“Alright, shut up,” Roberta rolled her eyes, cutting Andrew off. “You’re overdoing it now.”

“One day you’ll be desperate enough,” Andrew finished, which got a smile from Roberta. She opened his mouth to say something back, but stopped when Allison rushed into the room wiping tears away and apologizing to the professor for being late. Upon being called over to her desk, Allison walked towards the professor while everyone else worked on their projects in conversating groups.

“Is everything alright, Ms. Luk?” the concerned teacher as she noticed Allison’s recently-wet eyes.

“Yeah,” Allison shrugged as she wiped one of her eyes and played it all off cool. “Just stubbed my toe, which is why I’m a bit late. Had to limp here and stop in at the nurse briefly.”

The teacher gave Allison a disapproving look, knowing she was lying, but not able to say anything about it. “Take your seat with your group and start in on your project, please.”

After Allison nodded and approached her friends’ table, Roberta slid over slightly so Allison had room to move her chair into the circular table. As Allison removes her current art project, Roberta and Andrew watch her.

“Is everything really ok?” Roberta asked.

“Sure,” Allison lied. “Just peachy.”

“It’s something Jeff said to you, isn’t it?” Andrew asked, not believing Allison in the slightest bit. “Roberta said you were talking to him, and I know you were fine before then, and suddenly after talking to him you’re upset. I’m not an idiot, Allison.”

Allison sighed and looked up from her art project to her friends for the first time since entering the room. “Ok, fine, yes, it does have something to do with what Jeff said to me, but Andrew, please don’t get involved.”

“Honey, what did he say that made you this upset?” Roberta asked as she brushed some of Allison’s hair out of her eyes and behind her ear.

“Nothing,” Allison answered. After seeing her friends’ unbelieving gazes, she added on, “Just got me thinking about some things, that’s all.”

“Like what? He wants to get back with you, doesn’t he? That two-timing son of a ****. He likes Jolene Tucker, yet he’s trying to get back with you at the same time. Oh man, just wait until Jolene finds…”

“Andrew!” Allison shouted loud enough for the entire room to stop their work and glance at their table. After a half minute of awkward silence, everyone went back to their projects and Allison continued in a lower voice, “Just mind your own damn business and stay out of this.”

Andrew returned to his work and stayed quiet for the rest of the class, in fear of Allison snapping at him again. Roberta quickly did her best to change the topic to a more cheerful one.

Jeff rose up slowly from hiding behind an aisle of movies and peeked over the top of the aisle. He saw Grim Reaper walking towards the aisle that he was in.

Still bending down low, Jeff moved quickly over to another aisle, and then another, putting his back up to it, trying his best to hold his breath. He looked to the side and saw the shadow of the killer getting closer and closer.

Crouching down still, Jeff ran over to a nearby fire extinguisher and removed it from the wall before rushing back to his previous spot. It wasn’t long before Grim Reaper appeared from around the corner and looked down at Jeff once he noticed his victim was there.

Jeff jumped to his feet and with a battle cry, slammed the extinguisher with as much might as he could muster, right into Grim Reaper’s gut, causing him to double over. Jeff then slammed the device up into Grim Reaper’s head, sending him reeling back and falling to the floor onto his back with a grunt.

Jeff dropped the extinguisher as he ran around the fallen body and out the room, slamming the door behind him as he ran out into the dark hall.

“Jeff!”

Jeff opened his eyes groggily and breathed a sigh of relief that he had only been having a dream and he was, in reality, long-past that part of his life.

He looked around the giant gymnasium and his eyes fell upon a girl dressed in all black with jet black hair sitting on the bench next to his sleeping body. Once Jeff got his bearings and realized that Jolene Tucker was sitting next to him, he remembered that he was in a gym course and he had fallen asleep.

“You better sit up before Kerry catches you sleeping in his class,” Jolene warned the object of her affection. Mr. Kerry Park, the gym professor, was extremely strict and always automatically kicked out students from his program that were caught sleeping in his class. Jeff yawned and stretched as he sat up. 

“Thanks,” he said to her, which got him a wink in return. “This class is so boring when you’re always excluded.”

“Yeah, tell me about it,” Jolene agreed.

“How about I tell you about it in the locker room after class,” another student, Richard Ago, asked Jolene as he put his arm around her.  Jolene rolled her eyes with disgust and shoved his arm off of her. This wouldn’t be the first time that Richard’s tried getting Jolene alone.

“Just leave her alone,” Jeff said to Richard, who just sneered back at Jeff with an evil smile but didn’t say anything in return.

Jeff and Jolene shuffled down the bench further to continue with their conversation, without having to worry about Richard’s antics. Richard however, kept glancing at them every couple minutes from the corner of his mischievous eye.

Justin and Ryan spent their free periods either in the lunchroom playing card games with others, or doing exactly what they were doing at that moment – messing around on the computers in the near-empty giant computer lab. A third short person with red hair that looked strikingly like a smaller version of Allison’s friend Andrew, named Adam, sat next to them.

“Hey check this out,” Adam said as he tapped Ryan’s shoulder. Ryan and Justin turn to look at what Andrew’s younger brother was talking about and saw that on his screen was the website called Newgrounds and there was a video playing of a Pokemon being shot by hunters, animated in the same style that a four year old would do. Adam broke out in fits of laughter, while Justin chuckled and Ryan just stared at the two of them like they were on drugs. He didn’t see what they found so funny about this piece of **** animation. It was far from funny. He understood now why Andrew was always so embarrassed of his brother.

“You guys are idiots,” Ryan just shook his head and turned back to his own computer, which was loaded up on an Internet Java Script-based racing game.

During their break between various classes, Jeff and Jolene walked down a hall together, pushing through the sea of other moving bodies, which was slowly thinning as some moved off to class and others moved off to various other locations such as the computer room or the common room or even outside onto the lawn or to go home.

In mid-conversation about the better and worse parts of their gym teacher Mr. Park, in which Jeff discovered that his name spelt backwards is Mr. Krap, they bumped almost directly into Allison, Roberta, and Andrew, who were walking in the opposite direction.

“What did you say that made Allison so upset?” Andrew blurted out when he saw Jeff magically a foot in front of him, as a clenched fist made itself visible.

“Andrew, don’t…” Allison ordered just as Jolene stepped between Jeff and Andrew, cutting off any further sentence from Allison.

“If you lay a finger on Jeff, I promise you’ll regret it for the rest of your life,” Jolene warned the taller red head brother.

Jeff put a hand on Jolene’s shoulder as he said, “It’s alright,” and tried to diffuse the situation. He faced Andrew and said to him, “I’ll tell you exactly what I said, but first I’ll need to start at the beginning.”

“Jeff…” Allison pleaded, which just caused Jeff to turn to face her.

“Allison, if you don’t want to hear it, then you’re more the welcomed to leave. Nobody is stopping you.” Allison stayed rooted in her spot but looked visibly torn on if she should leave or not. Jeff waited a second and when it was clear to him that Allison was staying, he began his story, “Four years ago, when me and Allison lived in Alberta, this new high-tech school opened up, which we attended. A few others got stuck in there with us when a snowstorm knocked the power out. One of the others that was trapped in there with us, dressed as the grim reaper and went around, killing our teachers and friends one by one. The killer turned out to be Dillon Lavergne, one of our classmates.

“We thought we killed him, but his body mysteriously vanished before the police arrived,” Jeff finished as Allison shivered from the memory. Everyone stares on in silence for a moment, not quite sure what to make of it. Andrew is the first to make a noise, and that noise was constant non-ending laughter.

“Oh man, you sure got one imagination. You should get into writing and make that into a story. I’m sure it’d sell. That material is gold right there.”

“It’s already been done,” Jeff continued to explain. “I wrote a short story based off that very idea, before the events happened. Dillon used that story as the basis of his murders to try and get the blame pinned on me.”

“And now he’s back for the sequel, I suppose,” Andrew rudely commented as sarcastically as he could, still not believing Jeff.

“As a matter of fact, he is,” Jeff replied with complete seriousness. Allison turned on him, shocked feeling causing her body to tremble with a cold sweat. Jeff faced her. “I’m sorry, but I did make a sequel a couple years back.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Allison asked in a near-whisper.

“I don’t know,” Jeff responded. “I never released it really. Just on a Horror Fanfiction site, and that’s it.”

“What happened in it?” Roberta asked. Andrew threw his hands up in the air out of frustration that anyone could believe this load of bull****. Jeff ignored him as he answered Roberta’s question.

“It took place at a University, around this time in our lives. Dillon followed me and Allison here and started killing our friends off, trying to get to us.”

“Is there anyway that this Dillon could have gotten a copy?”

“I suppose it’s possible,” Jeff answered. “But I only uploaded it to one site and made sure it wasn’t mentioned in any search engines, so if he did find it, it was purely by chance.”

“Oh come on, you’re all a bunch of dumb****s if you’re buying into this ****tard’s bull,” Andrew yelled. “I’m out of here. I have better things to do with my time.”

Chuckling to himself out of annoyance, Andrew walked off down the hall and away from Jeff’s little group of ‘losers’.

Mrs. Judy March, the short and strict Dean of the University walked down one of the empty halls of the school with fellow teacher Kerry Park. Judy may have been shorter then most of the students in her school, but what she lacked in height, she made up for with strictness.

“So are you heading home now that you’re done teaching your last class for the day?” Judy asked.

“I will be,” Kerry replied. “Once I sit and relax in the lounge for a bit so I can do a crossword in peace and quiet before heading home to the wife, AKA the Nagging Queen.” Judy laughed along with Kerry.

“Speaking of nagging, it’s nice that we finally got that new janitor,” Judy mentioned. “He’s been such a great improvement over the last one.”

“Was he the one that came up with the idea for the new plexi-glass windows?”

“Sure was. He’s always thinking of ways to improve this school. I’m impressed with him.”

“I don’t think I even know his name,” Kerry admitted. “I’ve never taken much stock in the cleaners.”

“Dillon,” Judy answered. “Such a nice young man he is too.”

The two teachers turned the corner and entered the Teacher’s Lounge to join a couple other teachers that were on a break from teaching at the moment.

Ryan Miller and Jolene’s annoying immature cousin, Steven Tucker, walked down a semi-crowded hall and came across Jeff and his group of people that included Jolene, Allison, and Roberta, only a couple short minutes after Andrew stormed off in a fury.

“Hey gangstas,” Steven greeted as the two groups merged together. Jolene rolled her eyes, as she couldn’t stand her cousin and was publicly embarrassed to be related to him.

“What’s up, Vampire?” Ryan jokingly said to Jolene, who just gave him a dirty look back and ignored Steven’s dorky laughing. Ryan always referred to Jolene as a vampire due to all the dark colours and black lipstick she normally wore. Steven of course, initially was the instigator in getting that idea in Ryan’s head.

“So I made another cherry bomb last night,” Steven informed them with child-like glee.

Jeff just sighed heavily with annoyance and said, “Steven, don’t bring it to school this time. You’re lucky they let your immature ass stay here after the last time.”

“Too late,” Steven continued his laugh that grated everyone’s nerves except his own. “It’s already in my locker.”

“God Steven, you’re such an idiot,” Jolene scoffed before she turned and began to walk away, hoping to leave Steven behind. The rest of the group, including Steven, followed her down the hall.

In another hall, Andrew met up with his shorter brother Adam, and Justin. After being greeted by them, Andrew, still in a huff from before, asked them if they’ve heard Jeff’s bull**** story yet.

“No,” Adam replied. “What’s he saying now?”

“It’s not bull****,” Justin defended his friend. “And you’d know that if you watched the news once in awhile.”

“Doesn’t mean he was there for it,” Adam picked his brother’s side. “He probably just heard about it in the news and is just saying it happened to him so he can be the centre of attention.”

“And the sad thing,” Andrew added on. “Is that those morons are actually buying into it. He has them all right where he wants them.”

“Do you guys even hear yourselves?” Justin asked. “What do you have against Jeff anyway?”

Andrew opened his mouth to release a long rant, but before any sound could come out, the school was plunged into instant darkness as the power went out and several females in the hall let out a couple of unexpected screams.

“Great,” Andrew frustratingly looked around. “Now what?”

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 05:25:05 AM »
I think I know who the grim reaper is, but his exact identity, I don't.

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 05:29:53 AM »
I think I know who the grim reaper is, but his exact identity, I don't.

oh, c'mon man, if u read the first one, you'd know who the grim reaper is... it's Dillon (i think)

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 05:58:10 AM »
there's no guarantee it's Dillion. And for whatever reason I don't think it's him.

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 10:01:31 AM »
ok, quick quiz:

Who does everyone think the killer is this time around?

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 05:42:30 PM »
I think it's someone new but it's that new janitor

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 06:39:04 PM »
Love the new part! Certainly learned a lot about the personalities of the characters.

Can't wait for the next part!

And in response to the questions: I'm not sure who I think the killer is...

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 10:20:43 PM »
Jeff, Allison, Roberta, Jolene, Steven, and Ryan instantly stopped walking when the lights shut off and put them into a dark blanket.

“Oh ****…” Allison whispered as her eyes only took a split second to grow twice as big. If it wasn’t for the constant chatting among everyone in the hall, discussing what was happening, it just might have been possible to hear Allison’s heart thumping.

Jeff turned to her and grabbed her by the shoulders. “Hey, it’ll be ok,” he assured her. “Even if this is Dillon, the doors of this school aren’t like our old one. We can just walk out of here.” Allison slightly nodded in petrified fear and Jeff turned to the others. “We’re leaving. Anyone that wants to stay alive should come with us.”

Taking the lack of disagreement as a sign that everyone was on the same page, Jeff began to lead the group through the other bodies filling the hall and towards the exit doors in another part of the school.

By the time they near the doors, other students had begun to leave due to an intercom announcement, informing the students of the school that they were free to go as the problem is due to faulty wiring and will take a long time to fix. Before they could reach the doors however, while they were still several halls away, the intercom came back on and a familiar muffled raspy voice filled every hallway and room of the university, which sent extreme cold chills down the backs of Jeff and Allison.

“Jeffrey Long and Allison Luk, can you please report to the Dean’s office immediately?”

Jeff stopped cold on the spot, everyone else stopping as well. Allison was in quite the panic. “Why’re you stopping? Let’s go! Let’s get out of here!”

“No, Dillon’s not an idiot,” Jeff stated. “He’s probably some place near the entrance doors, just waiting for us, knowing we’d ignore the page.”

“Then why would he even bother making a page?” Roberta asked.

“If there’s one thing that can be sure when it comes to Dillon, its that he likes playing head games. He gets a kick out of ****ing with our minds.”

“Well then what are we supposed to do?” Ryan probed.

“You guys can leave if you want,” Jeff stated. “But I’m staying. I’m staying to stop Dillon once and for all so this can’t happen again.”

“Then I’m with you,” Ryan stated. “I’m not gonna let my homeboy do this by himself.” Everyone else quickly agreed to all stay in this together. Even though Allison was reluctant, she couldn’t just let her best friends stay behind while she escaped.

“If that’s the case, then everyone stick together,” Jeff ordered. “No matter what.”

Judy and Kerry were approaching the entrance doors a short time later, their shoes echoing down the now-empty dark halls.

“We seem to be the last ones left,” Judy observed.

Kerry reached the doors first and pulled them open, only to be met with restraint. “What the hell?” He tried pulling again, but again, the doors would not open. He tried pushing, only to be met with the same result.

Judy stood up on her toes to look out the window in the door and saw that the outside of the doors were chained shut. “What’s going on here?” she asked.

“What is it?” Kerry asked.

“The doors are chained shut.”

“That doesn’t make any sense at all.”

“Come on,” Judy urged. “Let’s go make a phone call and get someone here to cut that chain off. More then likely it’s a sick joke by one of the students.”

The two teachers turned back down the hall again to make their way to a phone.

Jeff, Allison, Roberta, Jolene, Steven, and Ryan walked down one of the dozens of long, empty, now-dark corridors of the university. Jeff had tried breaking many of the windows along the way, but found they had all been replaced with unbreakable plexi-glass.

“So what exactly is the plan now, dude?” Ryan asked shortly after Jeff finally gave up on trying to break every window they came across.

“Honestly, there really isn’t one,” Jeff admitted. “Dillon will find us soon enough. Until then, we need to find out if there’s anyone else in the school.”

A gust of wind ominously travelled down the hall and hit the group, causing the hairs on their spines to stand on end. Allison subconsciously moved slightly closer to Jeff. Jeff noticed, but didn’t bother saying anything. Now wasn’t the time for that kind of stuff.

They turned a corner and came across a four-way intersection by a bunch of windows, which allowed bright light to shine in. The group stopped while Jeff contemplated which way for them to go.

“I think we should split up,” Stephen suggested, which Jeff and Allison both quickly shot down. He went on to explain, “If we do, we can cover more ground and find more people, if there’s others in here with us.”

“And we also become easier targets for Dillon. You don’t know this guy like I do. I know how he works and as long as you listen to me, you’ll stay alive.”

“Jeff, I have to go with Stephen on this one,” Ryan sided against Jeff. “As long as Stephen has others go with him, he’ll be ok, right?”

Jeff sighed heavily, knowing that there was nothing to do if Stephen wanted to go his own way, and silently agreed that at least he would be somewhat safer if someone else went with him. “Be careful.”

“We will,” Jeff and Ryan knocked their knuckles together before Ryan parted with Stephen down one hall and the others went the opposite way, the darkness soon swallowing both groups up and cutting them off from one another as they moved further away from the wall of windows.

“Ok, we have a new plan,” Jeff said after he thought about it for a minute while they walked. “I’m going back to find Ryan and Steven. Two people won’t be enough to keep Dillon away. The rest of you guys, get to the office where you’ll stay put. The office is a likely place for people to show up if they’re also in the school so you’ll probably meet with other people there anyway.”

“Jeff, watch yourself,” Allison warned, genuine care in her voice.

“You too,” Jeff said solemnly to her. As he turned and started to rush back down the hall the way they had just came from, he’s stopped.

“Wait!” Jolene shouted out, stopping Jeff in his tracks. He turned to face the group as Jolene jogged over to him. “I’m going with you.”

“Jolene…” Jeff started, but got cut off.

“No, you just said no one should be alone.”

“But we should also be in groups of more then two.”

“Once we find Ryan and my dumbass cousin, we’ll be a group of four, and as you just said, there will probably be others in the office soon if there aren’t already, so that brings Allison and Roberta up to more people as well.”

Jeff sighed in frustration at nobody listening to any of his advice at all since the power went out, yet knowing there was nothing he could do to force them to. “Fine,” he whispered, silently a bit thankful that he wouldn’t have to be alone, despite his thoughts of frustration.

The two rushed back down the hall, while Allison and Roberta made their way through the long stretches of dark, with occasional light spots, to the Office.

Ryan and Steven reached the bottom of a set of wide stairs and made their way down the new hallway.

They suddenly heard the noise of wet sneakers on the floor, for a split second, but when they whipped around, they saw nothing out of the ordinary behind them. The two exchanged glances.

“What the **** was that?” Steven asked, voice slightly quivering.

“We better keep moving,” Ryan suggested slowly, before turning back around to continue on.

Only seconds after he and Stephen continued on their journey, a dark-shaded figure in a grey grim reaper costume walked around from the upcoming corner, glistening scythe held firmly sideways in both hands.

“Oh ****!” Steven shouted just before he and Ryan ducked in unison as Grim Reaper took a lunge forward, swinging his scythe in a sideways direction, scrapping against the wall where their necks had been just seconds before.

Ryan and Steven remained ducked down as they rushed around the figure. Once behind him, they retained their full height so they could run at their top speeds down the hallway, quickly passing the science lab section, which unbeknownst to them, had exactly the people in them that they would have been looking for.

The terror had officially begun…

Inside one of those exact same science labs, Justin, Adam, and Andrew, who had originally went to the office once they discovered they were trapped in the school, but found no one there and decided to see if there was anyone else in the school, were systematically going room-to-room to further their search after finding no one else in the halls at the time.

Adam was the first to break the minutes-long silence, “I don’t think there’s…” however he was quickly cut off by a slight distant popping noise.

“What the hell was that?” Justin asked as they all stopped and glanced around the room, searching for the source of the noise.

“It sounded like a hydrogen test being performed,” Andrew answered after a half minute, after they heard it a second time. “This way,” Andrew was a Science major and knew his way around the labs fairly well. He led them to the adjacent lab, which was accessible from both inside the room and out in the hall. This was the only one of the labs that had a working gas system, which as Andrew knew, was one of the key parts for a hydrogen test to be performed.

Almost instantly after walking into the room, they could hear the hissing of gas and the smell assaulted their noses. Andrew took off at a run towards the nearest gas valve, turning it off.

“****, I don’t know what’s going on here,” Andrew huffed, “but someone left all the gas on.”

Justin and Adam followed suit and quickly moved around the room with Andrew, turning all the gas valves off at all the tabled stations.

Justin held his hand up to his mouth and let out a loud, long, cough. “Man, this gas has my throat hurting. I’m going to go get a drink.”

“I’ll join you on that,” Adam wheezed.

“I’ll join you guys in a minute,” Andrew told them. “I just want to double-check to make sure we got all the valves. At the moment this school could go up like a rocket.”

Justin nodded and he and Adam left the room to go find the nearest water fountain. Andrew turned back to face the majority of the room and made his way to the nearest gas valve to double-check that it was securely turned off.

After a few, he found one that was still on, however slightly, and tried turning the switch to turn it off like the others, however the switch seemed to be stuck in the on position. He tried putting more force behind it, but all that managed to do was break the switch completely off, leaving it in an on position for good.

Once Andrew began to panic, he almost didn’t even notice the door leading to the hallway shut seemingly on its own, with a loud locking noise from the other end. “Hello?” Andrew called out in a panicked-filled voice as he rushed to the door, only to find it locked shut.

He called out again as he banged on the door repeatedly and tried ramming into it, to little effect. He looked over at the other door to the room, the one that led into the previous lab, but once he rushed over to it, he discovered much to his dismay that it was also locked.

As he backed up and ran his sweaty hand through his hair, he noticed something peculiar. The brief light that was coming in from under the door was quickly being covered up. Realization dawned on him that someone was covering the door cracks from the other side with cloth and towels – someone wanted him dead.

That was when the volume of gas escaping from the broken valve instantly increased ten fold with a loud hissing noise to fit. Andrew quickly whipped around, eyes bulging wide as he realized someone was controlling the overall gas input from the external gas control, and that he would be dead in a couple minutes and there would be nothing he could do about it.

He began his useless screaming for help.

Offline V2113

• Recently Returned Raffian, RRR
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 12:41:17 AM »
If that's Dillion, his killing ability just got even sicker. :-\

Very good.

As for the question, I kind of think it's Richard. But, then again, maybe that's what you want us to think...

My # 1 guess is it's Dillion and he has an accomplice, perhaps someone closer to them this time, such as Jolene. I mean, unless she really does like Jeff, why would she be so eager to come with him?

Or maybe Dillion threatened to kill Allison's whole family if she didn't help him... Just like he killed Savanna (sister or cousin?)

We'll just have to wait and see...
I used to be V, before that I was Tobiasfan21. Then I disappeared for several months after being kidnapped by the Twilight series. Don't make me talk about it, it was horrible. Now, I'm V2113.

I am currently a Heroes fan who enjoys writing more than anything in the world.

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 06:59:10 PM »
I really like how this story is going. And it makes me think of a group project I had to do for a class last semester! It was called Arts & Ideas. The topic was different depending on the teacher. The topic of the teacher I had was Horror in America. Our big group project was we had to make a short original horror movie.

My group chose to make a silent one that took place on our campus. I got to be the killer! Here's the link to my YouTube page. The movie is the last one (The Hell List).

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=gummibearaddiction

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 11:18:01 PM »
Hahaha, that was awesome  ;D

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 07:31:16 AM »
Thanks! It was a lot of fun. The teacher liked it and we got a B, I think. Only because it wasn't long enough. *shrug*

The fun part was when we were walking outside to film that one part. A couple people I know saw me in my costume. And one of them said, "Who is that? Is that Rachel? Not gonna lie, that is freakin me out."

Felt kinda bad though. The girl playing Kelly had her 2 year old son with her that day and he was scared of the mask. (aw)