Author Topic: Operation MAAS: Project Renascent  (Read 4317 times)

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
Operation MAAS: Project Renascent
« on: October 07, 2008, 02:49:17 AM »
Originally posted by Estelore

Stardate 451.32.81
If you are reading this...well...it's a very good sign for Earth if you are reading this, because it will mean that we haven't failed, even if we are long gone. Sure, by the time this gets to you, the facts will have been rearranged to fit the politicians' and militaries' stories. Still, I'd like for somebody, at least ONE PERSON, to have the truth of it all. Sure, you know what you saw on the news, what you read in the history books. I know what you've probably been told. Well...most of it, maybe all of it, is a lie.
Hopefully my story and the stories of my friends will be enough to show you what really happened.

If you've read this far, then maybe you have an idea, from their last journals, what William Higgins, Isabel Stone, Daniel Nabet, Ellie Hunter, and Leia Burg were like before they died. Maybe you've even learned some things about Juggernaut. I've saved these papers, kept them in secret, for the day that someone would find them here in this old ruin, the last remains of the New York Public Library, where it all started for them. Where the Last War started.

If you met me on the street and I told you my name, you would probably kill me on the spot, no questions asked. Why?
My name is Miranda Lucas. I am twenty-six years old, and a three-way war is raging between the Human/Hork-Bajir alliance, the Andalites, and the Yeerks. I am...or, by the time you read this, I WAS...the fourth of seven super-clones created from the recombinant DNA of Isabel Stone and Alexander Lucas. I think that the rest are already dead at the time of this writing, but I can't be sure. Erik, Sebastian, and Ariel...they have to be dead, I know it...but the other three might still live. I don't know. It doesn't matter. They can't help me now, anyway. Nobody can. I have just enough time, I think, to write this down and hide it before the next wave of shock troops arrives at the door. I cannot win this time. Not alone.

Oh, yes. I am the daughter of two of the Monsters of your nightmares, two of the beings who inexplicably chose to save their friends from the frozen void and let the world burn.
However, I am also the neice of Emma Frost, the Heroine that gave her life to see Stone destroyed...even if she failed in that task.

By now, you have an idea of Stone's and Frost's motives, whether or not you choose to believe them.
So don't judge me too quickly. There are many sides to every story.

By the time you find this journal of the Last War, my comrades and I will be long dead and famous, either as heroes or abominations, and I don't know which it will be, yet. All I can say is that we did our best, against all odds, and I, for one, can claim no situation in which I would have acted differently. I think that my friends...my family... would say the same, if they were still here to tell their tales. Each of them secretly kept a journal like mine, and I managed to find them all and piece them together, in the order that it all happened. Just like my...father...did for my mother, and for Higgins, and for the entire team. What you read here is not for the faint-of-heart, and it will change the way you read the propaganda in your textbooks. Are you sure that you want to read this? Very well. Let's start nine years ago, when I was only seventeen. Let's start at the beginning of the end.
---
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 02:35:03 PM by Walkaway Girl »

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
Re: Operation MAAS: Project Resolution (Temp Title)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 11:19:13 AM »
Name: Tyler Nabet-Temple (Nickname: Dynomite)

Personality: athletic, smart, absolutely no regard for rules.

Looks: Short dark hair, 5'8'', average weight, muscular

History: His mother was Karen Nabet, and his father was Steven Temple. His grandfather, Daniel Nabet, died when Tyler was only 3 and at the age of 6 Tyler's namesake and grandfather's best friend taught him how to wield a sword. Tyler was on his high school's football team and maintanted a 94 average. His father, a scientist working on the ways to improve the Efascil Device, gave Tyler the morphing power when he was 10. By the age of 14 Tyler had been kicked out of 5 schools for morphing people in positions of authority and playing pranks on the teachers or principal. Although still in high school, Tyler found ways to seem older, from his wide array of fake IDs to his morphs of people much older than him. Tyler had always felt the need to live up to his grandfather and had vowed to join the army as soon as he turned 18. When the newest war had begun, Tyler used one of his fake IDs to get into the army.

Morphs: Golden Eagle, Bengal Tiger, Gorilla, Fierce Snake (the most venomous in the world), Roach, Fly, Seagull, Horned Owl, a wide variety of humans (notable examples are: his parents, the mayor, his army recruiter), Hork-Bajir
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 11:42:09 AM »
Name: Lynn Harris

Personality: She is curious and has a quick wit.

Looks: Long Blond Hair, ice-blue eyes, 5'7", Athletic build

History: Lynn recently found out she was adopted. She decided to find her biological family, leading her around the world and eventually to a ranch in the middle of the Australian Outback.

Tidbits: Might not be getting the morphing power.

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 06:45:52 PM »
Awesome idea! I'll make up a char in a few days.
I can still remember the words and what they meant.
As we etched them with our fingers, In years of wet cement.
--
And I feel tonight that I let you die, but you could've lived forever it's the smiles that keep you alive.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 06:17:33 AM »
I'll refine mine when I have time. Sheesh, Este. Enough slant rhyme. ::)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
Re: Operation MAAS: Project Renascent
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 02:21:45 PM »
((I just want to get this down before I lose it. Tell me if you think it's a good idea.))

October 7th, 2063

I should have known there'd be nothing here. Sure, this was where her last known location was. Sure she was supposed to be some sort of reclusive billionaire. But I had come so far over the last five years, and dammit I wanted answers!

Oh, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. My name is Lynn Harris, and for the last five years I've been traveling around (and away from) the world trying to find my biological parents. My latest lead lead me to a set of coordinates deep in the Australian Outback. I had to charter a shuttle, which couldn't even take me the whole way, so I had to hike. Ten miles. Not fun. So it's not an exaggeration to say that I was a bit upset when my GPS told me I had reached my destination, despite the fact that there was nothing there but two trees and a large rock formation.

"Guay." I muttered in Chinese. I went over and sat at the base of the rocks, intent on finding the map in my pack. I'd placed a tracer on the guy who'd given me these coordinates, and I was going to give him a piece of my mind when-

"Genetic match confirmed." Came a voice from behind me.

"Huh? Wha? Woah!" I cried as the bit of rock I had been leaning against disappeared. I heard, and felt, a thunk as my head connected with a metal floor. I managed to pull myself inside just as the hole I had fallen through re-solidified, leaving me in total darkness. Suddenly lights came on and I realized I was moving downward. I tried to stand, but my head was still spinning from the blow of hitting the floor. I slid up against one side of the lift and tried to clear my head. I was about to try to stand again, when the lift doors opened up behind me, causing me to fall back and hit my head on the metal floor. Again

"Liou coe shway duh biao-tze huh hoe-tze duh ur-tze!" I said, wincing. I opened my eyes to see a the form of someone standing over me.

"I should have known you'd end up soft." The woman said. She held out a hand, I took it and she pulled me up to my feet. I looked around, partly to see where I was, Partly to make sure I didn't have a concussion. It looked almost exactly like the inside of a EUF battleship, there were several consoles placed round the midsized room, and against the wall was a large monitor that showed the view from several locations that appeared to be all around the world.

"So, are you going to make me ask?" I said.

"My name is Leia Burg, and I'm your mother." Despite the fact that I'd been waiting for this moment for five years, it somehow felt wrong. "Well, I my programing was based on her. I am an advanced, holo-enabled, A.I. system in charge of maintaining this facility. I was programed to repeat those lines when a genetic match for Leia Burg was present." Well that explained that.

"So, what exactly is this facility for?" I asked, not entirely sure if I wanted to know.

"This facility was created by Leia Burg and Isabel Stone for 'Project Renascent'."

"You're going to make me ask again, aren't you?"

"I can't autonomously access the information." The hologram said, and I swear she was smirking.

"Fine, what is 'Project Renascent'?" As soon as I asked the hologram disappeared and all the lights went off. With my luck today I was entirely ready to assume that the power had just gone out and I would be trapped here for the rest of my life, when the pictures of six humans and a Hork-bajir images appeared in the air. I recognized five of them, William Higgins, Ellie Hunter, Daniel Nabet, Leia Burg and Erik Jones. They had been deemed terrorists after an incident twenty-four years earlier, the very incident that had begun the 'Olympian War'. The single most devastating war mankind had ever been involved in.

"These were that last members of the short lived Operation MAAS." I heard the hologram's voice say.

"MAAS?"

"Morph Able Assault Squad. An initiative to quell morphing technology related crime. During the first mission they stumbled on to a plot that could have potentially lead to the extinction of the Andalites, the Hork-Bajir, humans and countless other species. It was only because of Leia Burg's inherent genetic, and Jasic Hamee's sacrifice attributes that gave the team a chance to escape the Olympians and warn the species involved."

"Yeah, warned them by blowing up New York City."

"Were it not for MAAS it would have been the entire planet."

"Fine, since you have me locked in a bunker I'll go with you on that." I pointed to the woman I didn't know. "Who is she? She looks familiar."

"Interesting choice of wording. That is Isabel Stone. Genetically speaking she is your grandmother."

"Huhwha?!" I yelled.

"Your father, Erik Jones, was cloned from Isabel Stone. As a result an eighth of your genetic Make-up is Siberian Tiger, in addition to the unique mitochondria DNA from your mother you  are a rare specimen of genetics."

"So what? You're going to dissect on me?"

"Of course not, then you couldn't lead Project Renascent."

"I must have a concussion, cause it sounded like you said 'leading Project Renascent'." The images disappeared and the lights came back on. The hologram once again took the form of Leia Burg.

"You were selected to assemble a new team to protect the human race."

"Alright, no pressure at all there."
~~~/|\~~~

((So what do you guys think? Lynn could go around approaching the others, like Higgins did in the original.))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 03:44:02 PM by Walkaway Girl »

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 05:45:25 PM »
Name: Kendall “Hawk” Hawkins

Personality: Has a problem trusting people and is very guarded. Can have a quick temper but acknowledges that fact and both fears and prides in it.

History: Ran away from his orphanage at 14 after knocking out the owner. He lived on his own for several years where he turned to crime to get by. It was through these criminal connections that he received the morphing power, and began to use it to commit more dangerous crimes. At 20 he was caught during a robbery and sent to a special morph capable prison. He was soon sent to a secret program where their aim was to turn criminals into soldiers in the hopes of creating a unique unit of the army. The program was shut down and deemed a failure due to its director’s use of cruel measures to affect the mental state of the prisoners. All of the other test subjects had mental breakdowns or were deemed unfit for combat. Ken escaped and is now on the run, considered the only success of the program.

Morphs: Grizzly bear, Harris hawk, crocodile, spider, fly, roach, Tiger shark, rat, german shepherd, Black panther

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 12:35:32 AM »
Name: Michael "Mike" Albrecht

Personality: Strong, decisive. Very calculating.

History: Was the second generation of children raised in Camp Turner in the northeast corner of Idaho. Camp Turner was a survivalist compound founded by the survivalist movement. They believed that the coming alien contact would lead to a war that would destroy most of civilized humanity. Thus they have lived for over 40 years on Camp Turner, completely off the grid. Electricity provided by burning timber and available coal. Water from a nearby stream, use of electric vehicles. Many people lived there whole lives without venturing out of the 40,000 acre camp. Some left to acquire various luxury items, some were disenchanted and left for good. Michael is one of those. Taught survival skills early, like all Turner children, he is an expert marksmen and had been thoroughly indoctrinated into their ideology of the End of the World.

Michael did not believe that the war was coming. When Michael turned 18, he was given the choice to stay or leave. He chose to leave. Per Turner tradition he was given a rifle and money. They then told him "when the war comes, you're more than welcome to return." He made his way to Spokane, where he acquired a job working as a guide. His success as a guide at tracking and stalking animals had garnered some interest from an Army officer who was on one of his hunts. Such qualities would do very well as a sniper.......

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 04:51:35 PM »
Name: Miranda Lucas

Age: 26 (17 when the story begins, 26 by the end, but that is adjustable to plot)

Personality: Miranda specializes in non-specialization. She uses group-oriented morphs that are widespread and/or common, allowing her to blend well with her surroundings. She is much better at spying than at battling, but she can be flexible if her life depends on it. She is smart, but things are happening a little bit too fast for her to keep up with them. She is used to acting as part of a group, and she can't deal with this situation alone.

History: pretty much defined in the first post. Shade/Ghost's clone-ish-kid, fourth of seven, the older ones being Erik, Sebastain, and Ariel. The younger three can be named by anyone at any time, and I leave it to the rest of you. Consider all of them but Miranda to be public domain, I guess.

Morphs: Peregrine Falcon, fly, roach, flea, wolf, pigeon, gull, European Starling, Pacific Bottlenose Dolphin, Barn Owl, lioness
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 05:01:21 PM »
So, are we gonna start this up?

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 09:05:03 PM »
I hope so.

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 08:34:09 PM »
guess not :(
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 10:55:37 PM »
It's November. Wait until AFTER December, and I'll be more active, if I may. Sorry, guys. My posting is just gonna' be downhill for a while.