Author Topic: Diary of a Mad Guitar Player  (Read 21103 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Diary of a Mad Guitar Player
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 01:51:52 PM »
Eh, I didn't mean for him to take to my title suggestion as he apparently did. ;)

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 03:15:42 PM »
Really, the only reason I did was because it can serve as a reference to the only Ozzy Osbourne album that I actually really like. I doubt you intended that, though. :P

New chapter. It's a little short, but I've been busy.

Chapter 7: Insert Title Here (I'm Lazy)

While the rest of RAF was asleep, gh was getting no rest. He sat in his thread, stewing over everything that had happened so far. It was obvious that Harrison had money, and in a world where those with cash have power, he could get practically any information on gh. This was at least an answer to one of his questions, but it wasn't exactly a calming sentiment. Especially when he considered the things that he had tried to keep secret.

Then, of course, there was Harrison's ultimatum. gh could think of at least a few solutions, but none of them were fail-proof, and that's not good enough. The fact of the matter was that gh was sure that Harrison had thought of everything and had a plan for every possible course of action. There was the obvious solution, and possibly the most direct, but gh certainly wasn't interested in killing anybody. Then again, was there much of another solution? gh was sure that even if he ended up killing another RAFian, which he had absolutely no intention of doing, then he was practically already dead anyway. And if he didn't, well, Harrison's threats were very clear. . . .

“Damn it,” gh muttered, breaking the silence that enveloped his thread. “I'm thinking in circles here.” Exhausted, he put his head in his hand. Leatherhead let out a small noise that sounded strangely close to a puppy's whimper. “I feel ya, buddy.”

It occurred to gh at this point that he had been so wrapped up in this debacle that he had completely forgotten to submit his votes for the RAF Awards. He decided to leave his thread for the first time since his meetup with Harrison and do just that. Maybe have a smoke. No, definitely have a smoke. Then go to bed. Anything to get his mind out of his cyclical thoughts.

The main problem was, it was late. So late that it was early. The mods weren't even likely to be awake. So gh decided to skip out on submitting his votes. Not the other half of his plan, though. That was important.

Just as gh lit a cigarette, he saw a dark figure walking through the forum. For a second, gh's paranoia got the best of him, until he realized that it was unlikely that anybody got through Code Avalon. Then he remembered that Cloak . . . well, existed.

“Up early, Cloaky?” gh said as Cloak got closer. gh didn't even bother trying to hide his cigarette from the Walker, considering that he could probably smell it anyway.

“And you're still up,” Cloak replied.

“Yeah, I got a lot on my mind. Figured I'd go for a walk and clear my head, you know?”

Cloak nodded in response. “I think I can guess why. Ash told me what this Harrison person wants. I know you well enough to know that you won't put any RAFians in danger, but there's still the issue of what he would do to you.”

“That about sums it up, yeah.” gh stomped the cigarette out on the ground. Suddenly, he seemed to decide he didn't want it. “I have an idea, if you're willing to help me out. It might be a little risky, but it's the the only thing resembling a plan that I have right now.”

“On one condition.”

“What's that?”

Cloak held his gloved hand out. And gh knew exactly what he wanted. gh gave the pack of cigarettes to Cloak without a moment's hesitation, then was met with a swift hand to the back of the head.

“What the hell was that for?”

“Don't steal them back this time.”

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 05:24:50 PM »
Okay, GH, with that ending, I don't want to hear anymore that you're a bad writer. You seriously underestimated yourself.

:edit: That cigarette thing . . . it's gonna be a running gag isn't it?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:19:01 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

guitarhero01234

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2016, 08:08:16 PM »
I didn't think it was that great, but thanks :D

And it might be. No way it could ever beat the coffee bathtub, though.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2016, 08:27:36 PM »
Thing is, writers tend to be harsher on their projects than the harshest critic. The good ones, I mean. Not those that are full of themselves and believe themselves to be hot -- you know the type.

(January 7, 2020)

guitarhero01234

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2016, 05:59:44 AM »
WOW, I was not expecting to leave this sitting for almost two weeks. A lot of **** has been going on lately; I've been working a lot, trying to keep up with my social life, playing a ton of Pokemon, and (unsuccessfully) trying to fight off a depressive period. I know that it's really no excuse, but I just haven't felt like working on this very much until tonight.

BTW, if it's not obvious by this point, this is going to be less than the normal 20 chapters for an average Memoirs book. I don't really have the ideas to fill that much space, plus the chapters for this are a little longer than most Memoirs chapters. Of course, I'm estimating here, and in terms of word count, they could be roughly the same, but SHUT UP DON'T RUIN MY EXCUSES!

Whatever. New chapter.

Chapter 8: Plans and Monologues

A couple of days passed, leading to the night where the deed was supposed to be done. gh and Cloak came up with a rather solid plan, refining it to the point where there were practically no variables. The two were convinced that absolutely nothing short of a nuclear explosion in the vicinity could cause the plan to fail. Then again, this being the modern world, the chances of such an event happening were there, but that's not important.

The two RAFians set out for their destination not long before midnight. Having programmed the coordinates into his phone's GPS, gh served as the navigator for the journey. This was probably for the best, as it saved Cloak quite a few “are we there yet?” jokes. It didn't take the two very long to reach where they were going – a secluded location out in the woods. “Figures,” gh grumbled, shivering despite the heavy coat he had on, “this had to happen in the middle of winter.”

Cloak didn't waste his breath responding. It was fairly obvious that gh was complaining for the sake of complaining. Despite the rather airtight plan, there was still room for uncertainty, and when humans get nervous, they tend to say every thought that passes into their heads. At least, that seemed to be the case with gh. Then again, he tended to do that regardless of what he was feeling.

After what seemed like an eternity (or two minutes, depending on your perspective) of silence, a shadowed figure emerged from the trees. “So, you decided to show up,” a familiar voice said.

“That was a dramatic entrance,” Cloak mused.

“Yeah, he tends to do that.” gh clearly wasn't in the mood to drag the scenario out any longer than necessary. It's easy to forgive him for wanting this whole fiasco to be done with, though. And to add to his irritation, the cold weather couldn't have been good for his guitar. “Can we just do this thing?”

Harrison chuckled – a harsh, unpleasant sound. “What, you don't want to make this last? Personally, I'm quite enjoying this.”

gh groaned loudly. “Cloak, if you'd like to do the honors, I'd really appreciate it.”

The Realm Walker nodded in agreement. Without warning, Harrison found that the two RAFians seemed much taller than a few seconds before. This apparent change was most likely brought on by him sinking about a foot into the semi-frozen ground. For all of his forethought and planning, he didn't seem to have been prepared for this. This didn't make him happy.

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?” Harrison screamed. In his rage, he pulled out a pistol that he kept concealed in his jacket. Though he would deny it afterward, gh found great enjoyment in seeing the firearm crumple in his hand like a wad of paper. Clearly, this man wasn't expecting Cloak to be a Master of the Elements.

“Well,” gh said, shoving his hands into his pockets. “That was anticlimactic.”

“Not every encounter is going to end with a massive, epic battle, gh,” Cloak mused. “Sometimes, we get lucky in dealing with a complete incompetent. In fact, I'm amazed that it took us as long as it did to come up with this plan.”

While the RAFians were engaging in their conversation, Harrison was loudly raging in front of them. They did their best to ignore him, but it wasn't particularly easy.

“Do you idiots have any idea what you're doing!?”

“Yeah, I think I have a pretty firm grasp on the situation,” gh said, adopting some of his smug arrogance. “I call the cops, stay here until you get arrested, go back to the forum, feed my crocodile, set up my guitar, and go to sleep. I think I'm somewhere in the ballpark with that.”

“Your guitar, huh? The one on your back, I'm assuming?”

Suddenly, gh's face turned to stone. Every trace of his prior arrogance had evaporated with those words.

Clearly, Harrison wasn't done with his tirade. “Oh, come on. You really didn't expect me to say anything? I told you before, I know everything I need to about you.”

“Shut up . . .” gh said, his disbelief apparent in his voice.

“Sorry, am I touching a bit of a nerve? Well, how about I remind you how you got that thing?”

gh stepped closer to the immobile Harrison. “I'm not playing around. Shut up.”

Harrison, however, seemed to be loving the theatrics. “I'm sure you remember it all. Every. Last. Detail. Maybe I can refresh your memory? About your 'friend' that you-”

“SHUT THE **** UP!” gh was mere feet away at this point. It took all the self-control that he possessed to restrain himself from attacking Harrison. Self-control that was waning very quickly.

Finally intervening, Cloak placed his hand on gh's shoulder. “gh. Enough. Just call the police already.”

gh brushed Cloak aside, working himself further into an enraged fit. “No. I need him to hear this.” He turned back toward Harrison, and he was clearly growing more unhinged with every word. “You think you know me, you sick bastard? You think you know what happened? Let me tell you something. If you're stupid enough to bring that up, you obviously don't know ****!”

“gh. Calm down.”

“Shut up, Cloak!” gh was completely lost to his own fury at this point. “I'm not letting this evil son of a **** get away with this.” Obviously, whatever Harrison was alluding to had caused something to snap. Whatever it was, Cloak had no idea. It didn't really matter at this point, though. What mattered was getting gh to cool down. It quickly became clear that this wasn't going to happen, though, as gh unshouldered his guitar. His voice became quiet. Dangerously quiet. “I'm not letting you get out of here. Not before I play you just one song.”

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2016, 06:58:31 AM »
Nah, those excuses are pretty legit. You don't actually have to stick to the twenty chapter thing though, if you have this one story idea you can make it go till you get a new one.

Also, for some reason this is reading a lot like a Deadpool comic. :P

guitarhero01234

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2016, 07:07:31 AM »
I've never actually read Deadpool comics. I've heard from a few people that I'd like them aot, though

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2016, 02:51:44 PM »
Cloak also has a severe distaste for firearms, echoing my own.

And GH, neither have I. What I know of him comes from his Death Battle with Deathstroke and Comicstorian's Deadpool videos.

(January 7, 2020)

guitarhero01234

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2016, 03:57:07 PM »
Can't say I'm particularly anti-gun, I just don't like seeing them in the wrong hands. And clearly, this character is not somebody that should be carrying one.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2016, 04:50:27 PM »
I'm antigun in the way of don't ask me to use one. In Cloak's case, it really is a moot point. Honestly, if you could control the Six Elements, would you really want to use a gun?

(January 7, 2020)

guitarhero01234

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2016, 03:01:50 AM »
Honestly, even though I've shot before and enjoyed it well enough, I don't like the prospect of owning a gun for myself. Just not for me.

Anyway, new chapter. You all know the excuses as to why it took this long, but really, it just boils down to laziness at this point.

Chapter 9: Opus

Without giving any time for preparation, gh began playing. A relatively simple start – just one note. But what a note it was. As the sound resonated, it began to gradually grow in volume, with the vibrations in the air seeming to harmonize. The sound grew louder and louder, until that one note became a deafening orchestra.

“Oh, Veil,” Cloak said, although it was almost certain that nobody could hear him over the sound. gh certainly did not seem to notice, as he began the song proper with a slow, menacing lead. The noise from his instrument faded in a decrescendo.

“You want to mess with my life, you bastard?” he said to a terrified, trembling Harrison, his voice cutting through the ominous reverberations in the air. “You want to bring up what happened before all this?” He let that thought hang in the air for a moment. “You're going to ****ing pay.”

Suddenly, gh launched into a fast, galloping rhythm line. The frigid weather seemed to do nothing to hinder his fingers from dancing across the fretboard. In fact, it was quite possible that gh's instrument was feeding some energy into him, further fueling his rage and, in return, his playing. And as if the sound that emanated from the guitar wasn't absolutely massive before, it grew into an absolute cacophony, shaking the very air around the RAFian.

“gh, that's enough!” Cloak shouted, his voice somehow cutting through the intense noise. “You've made your point well enough!” gh wasn't showing any signs of letting up, however. Obviously, he wasn't interested in just proving his dominance. Instead, he further intensified his playing into a blistering lead passage. The surrounding forest seemed to react, with the trees shaking in the soil. It was not clear whether this was natural physics from the massive air displacement, of if gh was somehow manipulating the environment through his playing. Whichever was the case, it was clear that disaster was very close at hand if he didn't stop soon, which was becoming less likely with every passing second.

“gh! STOP!” Cloak screamed, a tiger's roar mixed with his voice. It was quite possible, though, that even if a part of gh wanted to stop playing, he wouldn't be able to, being completely lost to rage. He continued to intensify his playing, pushing his abilities well beyond anything that he had ever displayed before. It was at this point that all hell broke loose. One evergreen fell. Then another. And another. And so on and so on – the entire area surrounding the guitarist was being decimated. gh didn't even notice the destruction he was causing, as his eyes were shut tight. Was he simply so deep in his playing that he couldn't keep them open? Was he catatonic? Possessed? All of these thoughts ran through Cloak's head as he tried to reach his fellow RAFian. Words obviously weren't working, which didn't leave many other options.

Cloak made an energy force field around gh. If anything, he could contain the madness until the musical onslaught ended. For a moment it worked; but before Cloak could get content with this, the force field began to bulge outward. With a massive scream from gh, the force field dissolved, expelling all of the sonic energy that it contained for the few seconds that it existed. More trees were felled as a result. And Harrison? Where even was he?

Cloak was down to his last resort. He pushed against the wall of sound and walked forward, which was a tremendous effort on his part, as gh continued playing, completely oblivious to everything else. Just a little closer, Cloak thought as he inched toward gh. Suddenly, his swinging arm connected with gh's head. Cloak didn't mean to hit gh quite as hard as he did, but it was successful either way, as gh fell to the ground, landing on top of his guitar. “gh! It's done!” Cloak said, shouting over the reverberations still lingering. He gestured to the spot in front of gh, where minutes before, Harrison was buried knee-deep in earth, now empty. Cloak sighed heftily. “It's over.”
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:02:33 PM by gh (JolKit) »

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2016, 03:28:15 AM »
Excellent chapter.

Good thing that my feline strength didn't kill ya either. ;) After all, I am a tiger underneath this Cloak, anthropomorphized, yes, but still a tiger.

:edit: Damn virtual keyboard. Had to go bacm and correct this post.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:11:32 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2016, 08:27:31 AM »
Whoa. That was intense.

Beeteedubs, that was Chapter 9, actually. Noticed while copy-pasting for the PDF.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:05:02 PM by Saffa »

guitarhero01234

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2016, 01:03:07 PM »
Fixed :D