Author Topic: Why no 5th Megamorph Book? (Explaination to Why)  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
Why no 5th Megamorph Book? (Explaination to Why)
« on: December 20, 2015, 01:38:24 AM »
So I was browsing the internet and I came across this website.
It has updates all way back to 2002 and here's one article

K.A.A. Reviels Reasons for No MM5

Thanks to Aximlli's Animorphs and Jeff, K.A. writes about the reasons for not having a Megamorphs #5:

"Anyway, on to the saga of the missing MEGA. It's all about contracts, actually. I had signed a contract for 6 ANI long-form books, meaning Megas or Chrons. And I had, at a different point, signed a contract for the last bunch of regular-length ANI's. But the two contracts weren't synchronized, so the due dates of the long forms extended well out beyond the due dates of the regular-length books. Then I decided to pull the plug on the series, leaving Scholastic in something of a quandary as to 3 long-form books.

"One of the long books we agreed to make a series bible. Another one was going to be a 'whatever happened to . . .' kind of book to be published a year out in the future. And the third one would be a final Mega to be published (according to the regular schedule) at the same time as 53. Fine, but then I realized 53, 54 and the Mega were all going inevitably to be one, continuing storyline. So how do we get kids to realize Mega and 53 were in sequence when they were published at the same time? We then agreed to move Mega to run at the same time as 54, hoping that would clarify things. But Scholastic sales and marketing guys had different plans already in the works. And let me say that I love Scholastic sales and marketing, they have done very, very well for me.

"Anyway, I think (though I do not know) that sales was concerned that two ANI books in June would step on the release of REMNANTS at the same time. These plans are all made long, long in advance and involve all sorts of details and arrangements, and my messing with the sequence wasn't helping their lives any. So we all jointly decided to take BOTH the final Mega and the 'Whatever happened to . . .' books and add them to the REMNANTS contract.

"I am not personally at all upset. I think the finale is fine the way it's going, though I understand that some readers may have wanted one big, final MEGA. Still, I think they'll get some of that in 54."
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

guitarhero01234

Re: Why no 5th Megamorph Book? (Explaination to Why)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 01:56:02 AM »
Wow, glad some closure on that was finally let out. Personally, I've always considered 54 a short-form Megamorphs book.

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 09:00:30 PM »
I do wish that 54 were longer. The final scene felt really lazy, and with a little more space, they could have tacked something else on.
yeah

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 03:15:00 PM »
I think the end to #54 is actually perfect if you cut out Marco's last chapter.  Just them getting aboard the ship and taking off, leaving the rest to imagination.
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 06:39:19 PM »
YES
yeah

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 10:37:01 PM »
Personally, I've always considered 54 a short-form Megamorphs book.
The Anibase considers the book as a Rachel and other Animorphs Book LOL
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member