Author Topic: Satanimorphs LOLZ  (Read 4217 times)

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
Re: Is Animorphs satanic? (Found some interesting/dumb articles)
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 01:18:55 AM »
I do not, however, condone using religion as an excuse to tell people how to live their lives

That's...a majority of the whole point of religion.  Even going as far as our secular laws in the west, they're all based off Judeo-Christian philosophy anyway.  What are laws if not "telling people how to live their lives"?

It's like this new Pope, with his "it's not my place to judge" schtick.  Dude, you're the Pope, judging is the entire job description. 

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline Xalder

• "I'm taking a trip on a government ship~"
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 09:21:41 AM »
I do not, however, condone using religion as an excuse to tell people how to live their lives

That's...a majority of the whole point of religion.  Even going as far as our secular laws in the west, they're all based off Judeo-Christian philosophy anyway.  What are laws if not "telling people how to live their lives"?

It's like this new Pope, with his "it's not my place to judge" schtick.  Dude, you're the Pope, judging is the entire job description.

And that's why I'm generally against religion rather than "oh sure it's fine." But then that makes me a hypocrite. It's a vicious cycle of intolerance. :3

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 09:33:48 AM »
Well, just blanketing all religious practitioners as "intolerant" is where you're going wrong.  Guidance and regulations go on in all facets of life, it doesn't mean it's intolerant.  "Intolerant"'s a dumb word anyway, people tend to confuse the meaning.

Offline Xalder

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 12:42:36 PM »
Well, just blanketing all religious practitioners as "intolerant" is where you're going wrong.  Guidance and regulations go on in all facets of life, it doesn't mean it's intolerant.  "Intolerant"'s a dumb word anyway, people tend to confuse the meaning.

I didn't blanket just "religious practitioners" as intolerant. I was saying everyone is intolerant. Which I suppose you're right in saying is not necessarily intolerant. Everyone has their own worldview towards which they will bias their outlook on the worldview of others. None are necessarily right or wrong, but it leads to people being in opposition towards one another when their views are different. There are certain things for which a person of any given worldview will not change their stance on, no matter how convincing or factual the argument of the opposition.

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 12:56:22 PM »
*Shrugs*  So you're against humans, not religion.  I can sympathize with that.

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 04:30:20 PM »
This is kind of going off-topic. Can you move this to that religion thread?
yeah

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 08:07:55 PM »
As much as I like heated debate (that doesn't really matter in the end), please do not start a flamewar in this thread. You guys can go flamewar in the religion thread :P
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 10:37:44 PM »

Isn't discussing whether Animorphs is satanic itself religiony?  After all, isn't Satanism itself a religion?  Aren't charges of satanism usually leveled by devout believers?

Offline Xalder

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2015, 12:24:32 AM »
As much as I like heated debate (that doesn't really matter in the end), please do not start a flamewar in this thread. You guys can go flamewar in the religion thread :P

I know that I'm half the debate, but I would decline to call it "heated," let alone a "flame war." To me it seems respectful on both sides.

Isn't discussing whether Animorphs is satanic itself religiony?  After all, isn't Satanism itself a religion?  Aren't charges of satanism usually leveled by devout believers?

Also this. The thread was on shaky ground to begin with. As to Satanism, I did mention the "atheistic satanists" that I am aware of. And the question of whether or not the sites posted in OP are actual religious people acting like they know what their God thinks or trolls is the main source of debate. Also questioning what it means for people who come across such sites in either case.

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 08:01:09 AM »
True, but this thread is for discussing if Animorphs is satanic, not arguing about religion in general.
yeah