Author Topic: Hi there~  (Read 7642 times)

Offline .: Asmo

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
  • :(){ :|: & };:
    • Some Name Space
Re: Hi there~
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 05:30:48 PM »
Perhaps. Just don't flunk out of nuke school or I will laugh at you. Hard.

Good luck though. If you need any navy advice, let me know. I was in 12 years. Then saw the light and went Air Force.
.: Asmodeus
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Sole Zombie Apocalypse Survivor 2012/2014/2015
James Bond Villain 2013/2014/2015
Most Likely Harbinger of Armageddon 2014
Best RAFian Superhero/Sidekick (or Supervillain/Minion) Duo 2014

Offline Xalder

• "I'm taking a trip on a government ship~"
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 07:21:18 PM »
Hey there, Xalder! I'm Ash, welcome to RAF! Feel free to PM me or another staff member if you have any questions.

Also, your icon is fantastic.

Haha thank you! Philomena is a pretty bird for sure. :P
You mean if she isn't about to burst into flames :P

Anyhow, welcome to raf, I am soru and i poke around a bit and make people lose the game

Haven't I seen you around FiM.org? I'm Philomena on there currently, actually. I considered using that name for here before settling on using my default.

Perhaps. Just don't flunk out of nuke school or I will laugh at you. Hard.

Good luck though. If you need any navy advice, let me know. I was in 12 years. Then saw the light and went Air Force.

Lol really? It's weird, maybe it's just me looking for confirmation that I made a decent choice but the things I hear from people make it seem like Navy has been extremely good for it's members while other branches don't always work out quite so well for certain people. Air Force especially, in at least two cases involving building people's expectations and then smashing them hard... though I suppose I have heard that about the Nuclear Program, but I hear they tend to try to push people that qualify for NF into it, but I was just interested in it anyway, and not just because it's supposed to be really good monetarily. I'm interested in the training and the idea of the relative safety of being on either a Carrier or a Sub, on top of the regular stuff you can get from being involved with Navy in general.

Of course by no means am I not nervous about my future in the Navy. I really never saw myself as someone who would join up with the military. My dad is at that age where going into service possibly meant being drafted, which history shows to have not gone great for any of those involved.

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2015, 07:33:20 PM »
There is a certain quote. "Prick your rate, choose your fate." Some jobs are better than others. Some bosses are better than others. Every year in, all I saw was a decline in leadership and skills Navy wide. What happens, and you will see this is the ass kissers and brown nosers will go up in rank. The people that work hard, but don't kiss ass will be forever stuck. The good, hard working, intelligent people will leave. That leaves the people who should not be in that job field as your new boss.

You will be told to do the job yesterday regardless if the part was in or not. You will get to love PMS. You will learn to cut corners. You will learn to eat anything around the world. You will learn how much your liver loves alcohol. Even if you say you won't drink now, wait till your first ship. You will see more ocean than land. "See the world?" Well, the world is 2/3's water. That's what you will see. You will be the first one on, the last one off. Get used to working 6 hours on, then 6 hours off. Then 6 hours work, and when you think you get to sleep ... wrong. Time for drills.

You will learn to love the buddy system. You pretty much to crap next to your partner on liberty. On the ship / sup, you will take a shower next to someone taking a crap. Wear shower shoes. Never go barefoot anywhere on a ship.

Where the hell are these dust bunnies coming from? You will learn women control the military. The cute ones with the nice butt especially. They can destroy your life in three words. Anytime they say it's voluntary, that means it's mandatory.

In the end, you will only brag about the good parts.

Oh, and if you fail out of school ... good luck for years of suck.

Offline Xalder

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2015, 11:45:48 PM »
There is a certain quote. "Prick your rate, choose your fate." Some jobs are better than others. Some bosses are better than others. Every year in, all I saw was a decline in leadership and skills Navy wide. What happens, and you will see this is the ass kissers and brown nosers will go up in rank. The people that work hard, but don't kiss ass will be forever stuck. The good, hard working, intelligent people will leave. That leaves the people who should not be in that job field as your new boss.

You will be told to do the job yesterday regardless if the part was in or not. You will get to love PMS. You will learn to cut corners. You will learn to eat anything around the world. You will learn how much your liver loves alcohol. Even if you say you won't drink now, wait till your first ship. You will see more ocean than land. "See the world?" Well, the world is 2/3's water. That's what you will see. You will be the first one on, the last one off. Get used to working 6 hours on, then 6 hours off. Then 6 hours work, and when you think you get to sleep ... wrong. Time for drills.

You will learn to love the buddy system. You pretty much to crap next to your partner on liberty. On the ship / sup, you will take a shower next to someone taking a crap. Wear shower shoes. Never go barefoot anywhere on a ship.

Where the hell are these dust bunnies coming from? You will learn women control the military. The cute ones with the nice butt especially. They can destroy your life in three words. Anytime they say it's voluntary, that means it's mandatory.

In the end, you will only brag about the good parts.

Oh, and if you fail out of school ... good luck for years of suck.

Well now my confidence is wavering a bit.

Offline Sorunome

• Muffins
  • Xtreme Member
  • Imma pony
    • My Website (You might loose THE GAME)
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 01:10:39 AM »
Hey there, Xalder! I'm Ash, welcome to RAF! Feel free to PM me or another staff member if you have any questions.

Also, your icon is fantastic.

Haha thank you! Philomena is a pretty bird for sure. :P
You mean if she isn't about to burst into flames :P

Anyhow, welcome to raf, I am soru and i poke around a bit and make people lose the game

Haven't I seen you around FiM.org? I'm Philomena on there currently, actually. I considered using that name for here before settling on using my default.
[...]
Actually I am on FiM.org, I post every now and then and lurk the box quite some, i'm 'sorunome' over there, too ;)

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 07:12:39 AM »
Well now my confidence is wavering a bit.

Then I did my job.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 11:40:48 AM »
Then I did my job.

Just so you know, Xalder, the 'job' he is referring to?  It's 'professional troll.'  ;)

Offline Xalder

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 12:53:14 PM »
Then I did my job.

Just so you know, Xalder, the 'job' he is referring to?  It's 'professional troll.'  ;)

I'm really not that much more worried than what I consider to be reasonable for going into something I can only know so much about before fully getting into it.

Offline Xalder

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 11:10:26 PM »
I'm leaving so soon after my first appearance I might as well post it right here. I'm going on a road trip with my grandparents and will be gone for almost two weeks.

I'll talk with you all more later.

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2015, 12:21:01 AM »
Have fun.

If you facebook, take a gander at **** my LPO says. That's what life will be like my friend.

Offline Xalder

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2015, 03:49:18 PM »
For anyone interested: I have returned!

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2015, 04:14:15 PM »
Yay! :D

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2015, 11:21:13 AM »
Returned from where?

Offline Xalder

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 09:22:31 AM »
Returned from where?

I'm leaving so soon after my first appearance I might as well post it right here. I'm going on a road trip with my grandparents and will be gone for almost two weeks.

I'll talk with you all more later.

:P

Offline Ash

• RAF Ancient
  • Social Staff Leader
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2015, 11:10:50 AM »
Welcome back! :) Had a good trip?
You may have been given a cactus. Doesn't mean you have to sit on it.

Generation One

Keep up with RAF! Twitter | Facebook

Suspicious activity? Bot alert? Report the post or PM a staff member!