Author Topic: Effects Of Morphing Tech On Earth Society  (Read 3770 times)

Offline JackP

Re: Effects Of Morphing Tech On Earth Society
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 06:30:55 AM »
I wondered if it could be used as a therapy, like how they tried to make Jake go dolphin to cheer him up.

Possibly interesting question - would changing into a  different animal cure depression? Because if you were in a different body, your mind wouldn't be affected by the brain chemistry which causes it

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 03:04:30 AM »
I wondered if it could be used as a therapy, like how they tried to make Jake go dolphin to cheer him up.

Possibly interesting question - would changing into a  different animal cure depression? Because if you were in a different body, your mind wouldn't be affected by the brain chemistry which causes it

When Jake turned into his dog, he felt his dog's great joy!

Offline TheWolfEmperor

• The Salem Author From Bennington
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 12:40:21 PM »

Only if the depression was caused by something after birth. If a person was born with the chemical predisposition towards depression, or other mental illness, then the morphing might only be a temporary relief from that.
Author, Blogger, Soldier, Spy