Author Topic: RPG for new RAFians, feel free to join!  (Read 30954 times)

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
Re: RPG for new RAFians, feel free to join!
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 10:12:04 AM »
May I join? I've never really rp'd before, so, in one sense, I'm a newbie. Or are there too many people? And if I do join, am I allowed to have a character who used to be part of a secret ociety/organization/project involving Yeerks?
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 10:19:15 AM »
Yes, you may join! Sure, maybe you'll associate with Leo, since he's a Yeerk (his character, not HIM...I hope).

I know, friends-who-are-veteran-RAFian-RPers, that it seems insane to take in so MANY people into one RP.

Trust me. It'll work. I've been part of a mass-RPG before (100+ people, but all on a first-name basis), and I know that it is quite possible.

Charlie, please give us a profile of your character. :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

• Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 10:28:44 AM »
Alrighty then! Thank you. :)

Name: Leah Stephany Kitson
Physical Description: Short and slender, chin-length blackish hair, sand-colored skin, blue-green eyes
Personality: Leah is short-tempered and rebellious, and most of the time, very unfriendly. But once you get to know her, she isn't so bad after all.
History: Leah was born and raised in a metal cell. She'd been taught English by a man named Jack, and simple math and science by a woman named Selena, but she had never truly understood her purpose, or why she was in this strange place. She spent her days sitting in the corner, reading from the books they had provided to keep her entertained--whoever they were. Then one day, after reading a particularly strange book about a war, she decided she would leave the small, metal box, and explore the world. Her wish came true. Using the strategy of one of the book characters, she managed to escape the strange, underground complex. She was recovered after three weeks of wandering the streets. Now she is more determined than ever to find the truth--whatever the truth is.
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 10:35:36 AM »
Nice!

When I have more time, I'll see what I can do to work you into the story, or you can 'pop' into the action.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2008, 05:56:38 AM »
mind if i join the party

Name: Jason Warrick
Species: human
physical description: 5'8", athletic build, brown hair done in a buzz cut, brown eyes that seem to have a intense/serious look to them, slightly tanned (result of italian heritage)
Morphs: black panther, northern goshawk, doberman pinscher, rat
Personality:  fun, outgoing, caring, athletic, and easy to get along with. Jason has a strong will and nevers backs away from a challenge. He takes matters seriously and never lets his guard down.
History: Jason has a ordinary, everyday family.  both his parents work, he has a older brother and sister in college, and a younger brother in high school.  Jason himself is presently in college where he is studying to become a teacher.  as a young boy, Jason was in to nature and animals but his interests shifted to sports as he grew older, getting involved in basketball, football, and track.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2008, 03:36:27 PM »
Sounds good!

Folks, we have a ton of major storm systems rolling through my state, so I'll not be online a lot today. Sorry.
I'll see you all when the weather clears, hopefully today.
Feel free to continue the action, if you wish.

To those of you new to this particular Game (in other words, everyone but Whammyman, Elfangor, Shanker, Toomin, and myself), if one of you starts a plotline, it would be REALLY helpful if the rest of you try to connect to it, in some way or another. The more of you who have characters already introduced by the time I get back, the faster we can get to the real action, and the less confusing this whole story will be.

If you want, you can meet the rest of us as we walk out of the hospital room.
If not, build a plot that you can all (or most of you, at least) agree on. We don't need seventeen plots going all at once.

Thanks!

• Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2008, 11:08:29 PM »
Okay, sorry if this is too controlling, or whatever. Anyway, I'm, uh, not exactly going to "pop" into the action. More like, explode. If that's okay. If not, warn me now, before I post the whole thing.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2008, 10:55:59 AM »
PM me, please, with a vague outline, and I'll tell you if it's too much. I'll probably be fine with it.
No worries! :)

• Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2008, 01:30:38 PM »
I opened my eyes slowly and pushed myself up, taking a moment to observe my surroundings. I was in a dark alleyway, surrounded by old, tattered newspapers and plastic wrappers. The asphalt underneath me was slick and wet with what appeared to be, well, what I hoped was water.

I rose to my feet quickly, my muscles and joints aching in protest. My head began to throb, but I ignored the pain and walked the length of the alley, anxious to see what lay ahead of me. I expected to see a shabby old house, or an old bridge, but instead, spotted a sign that read, “St. Johnson Hospital ((sorry, couldn’t remember if the hospital had a name or not, and RAF won’t load)).”

“Strange. What’s a hospital?” I wondered aloud, allowing my curiosity to take over as I began to walk toward the large facility. Luckily, the roads were empty, so I didn’t need to worry about traffic. Aaron, the “professional street-boy” had taught me to be cautious in the city. If only he were here right now…

I forced his memory from my mind, knowing it would only upset me, as I neared the entrance of the main building. But before I could reach the sidewalk, I stopped, noticing a dark figure crouching in the shadowed corner. Something was wrong about this person. Something was—off.

Just then, the figure stood, walking toward me slowly, as if trying to stay hidden. Paying close to the facial features, I soon realized it was a young man. In one hand he held what could only have been a gun.

Shock spurted through me like icy water. I ran toward the door, anticipating the sound of the gun firing. The man followed only a few feet behind me, holding the gun at eye level. I prayed he wouldn’t shoot as I forced the glass doors open and ran inside. “Die, Yeerks!” the man shouted. He aimed at the ceiling and fired the gun, sending huge chunks of plaster and stone tumbling down, along with thick clouds of dust. All at once, the people of the hospital sprung into action.

Just then, two boys, a girl, and a male young adult entered the room ((Ace/Ais, Norin, Chase, Richard)). Everyone stepped backward in shock. “Aha!” the crazy man screamed. “I’ve got you now!” He aimed the gun at the small group of cowering people, grinning from ear to ear, as if this were a fun, harmless game.

Before I could think or make plans, I made a dive for the floor, grabbing hold of the man’s legs and wrestling him down. He pulled the trigger. The bullet whizzed over the white floor and struck the nearest wall. But the game wasn’t over just yet…

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 11:32:17 PM »
"Guys! Get down!" I shrieked at my three strange companions. It seemed odd to me that none of the bullets had hit me yet, considering the way my luck had gone today.

I dove under the receptionist's desk, pulling someone with me. In the adrenaline rush of my short lifetime, I failed to notice exactly WHO I had taken down when I did my nose dive for safety. I was already starting to morph cat, to make a smaller target.

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 11:57:52 PM »
Suddenly everything STOPPED. Bullets stopped in midair, and everything was frozen in time.

All the sudden a man, appeared in the middle of the room. He was dressed in a black suit, white tie, black pants. He was thin, yet not skinny.

((shift to 1st person after dramatic setup))

As I walked in I clapped three times. "Good, good. You have learned some basics as to how to use your power. However, you have only begun to crack the tip of the iceberg, and yet ahead their lies much more trying times. Mr. Stinson, do you ever wonder WHY you ended up at his hospital? Ais do you wonder why at that particular moment a rhinocerous charged through that window?"

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »
(Xan, it would be REALLY helpful if you'd give us a profile, preferably sooner than later. Thanks. Also, let's go on the assumption that Marco wrote the Animorphs books, and they are considered part of American  and World History for today's students.)

<Well, no, I was a bit more concerned with the fact that I was bleeding out. The rhinoceros wasn't really high on my list of things that mattered to my survival. Who are you? You can't be the Ellimist, can you? He could stop time, too, according to the books.>

I had just completed the cat morph, and right now I probably looked like a small mass of faceless grey fluff, as startled as I was. It isn't every day that you get attacked by a Rhino, flying glass, flying bullets, AND a time-stopper, all in the space of an hour.

• Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2008, 01:40:30 PM »
I shook my head, confused and unable to believe what I had seen. Everything had--stopped. It was incredible. I turned around to see a bullet just a few inches from my own head. Gasping, I rose to my feet and turned to face the strange man.

"Who the are you? And what the hell is everyone talking about?!" I exclaimed, clenching my fists angrily.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2008, 01:42:49 PM »
<Um...Miss? I'm Ais, these others are...wait! Where did you all go? Ah, they must be hidden or inside a hologram or SOMETHING, but my friends Chase, Rich, and Norin are here with me...somewhere...an d I could have sworn that I took someone with me when I hid here, but I could be wrong...oooh, I feel woozy. Uh...who are you? Do you know this guy?>

• Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2008, 01:59:24 PM »
How strange... The cat talked to me. It--spoke to me--in my thoughts. I must be losing my mind, I thought, shaking my head back and forth. "I--I don't know anyone here. I don't even know where I am!" I exploded in frustration. "I don't know what anyone here is talking about. What are Yeerks? And how did you turn yourself into a cat?" I asked the cat, wondering if it would actually reply.