Author Topic: RPG for new RAFians, feel free to join!  (Read 30950 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
RPG for new RAFians, feel free to join!
« on: June 04, 2008, 03:26:53 PM »
Hey, guys. I don't have much time now, but when I do, I'll copy/paste us here.
Patience, folks, will be appreciated.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: RPG for new RAFians, feel free to join!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 11:14:48 PM »
Terenia wanders around the giant hole in rpg-land.

"Hello-o-o-o-o!!! Hehe. Echoey!"

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 11:53:59 PM »
Hi, Terenia! Would you like to join us? We actually do have an RP, but I've got to copy/paste it here, preferably sooner than later.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline Frost

• The Wandering Wordsmith
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 01:22:36 AM »
I would love to join this if Dominaria has already started! Btw, what type of RPG is this? I do hope its an epic fantasy, or something of that sort :P   But anythings fine :)

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 07:39:04 AM »
mind if i join the party

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 07:54:25 AM »
I would love to join this if Dominaria has already started! Btw, what type of RPG is this? I do hope its an epic fantasy, or something of that sort :P   But anythings fine :)

join Domaria as green, we need a green
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 10:34:35 AM »
Frost, you're most welcome to join. Our existing members are:
Estelore (me)-as Aisli Cambeal (pronounced like Ashley Campbell, left with a crazy spelling for Scottish comic relief), a Scottish-American girl whose only morph is a cat

Toomin (founder of Dominaria)-as Norin Radd (cookies to the ones that get it), a Chee

Whammyman- as Richard (not THE Richard), a kid that JUST gained the ability to morph, while helping Aisli get to the hospital...you'll see...just read it.

Elfangor-as Chase, the slightly spazzy kid that nobody knows, who introduces the concept of fighting as a team

Xan Kriegor- as The Man, a time-stopping, telekinetic guy that nobody knows, with a tendency to show up suddenly

Charlie The Unicorn- as Leah, a girl raised in a secret location, completely ignorant of the wider world

Jmnar4- as Jason, who isn't yet in the action

Leonardo Davinci- as Edward, who may or may not be one of the 'good guys', we still don't know yet

Sorry, it ISN'T an epic fantasy. Like most RP's on this board, it is based on Animorphs.

Considerable time has passed since the invasion, and morphing technology has been released to the public. Anyone and everyone who matters can morph, but some people still can't afford it or refuse to use the technology.
Along with the general public, the criminals can morph, too.
We are a vigilante group, gathered together to eliminate morph-crime completely.
But...since we're all kids...and a Chee...we aren't really inclined to know much about incapacitating and trapping people...and we don't know ANYTHING about killing people...so this could be pretty interesting, while we're all getting used to the idea.
Especially since the criminals WOULDN'T hesitate to kill one of US.
To make matters worse, the Yeerks are back.
And they know that we know it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:05:37 PM by Estelore »

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 12:49:16 PM »
Here I shall post the original thread from old RAF.
----
Hi!
I've noticed that we've had a major influx of new RAFians, but they haven't been posting very much.
I know that sometimes new members are hesitant to post in a thread, and they can get overwhelmed by the older members, so I've decided to create an RPG for new people.
If some veteran RAFians want to join in and help the new folk to get acclimated, they are quite welcome.
The idea here is to get the shy new folk used to being here, with the help of friendly older RP'ers.
Also, it gives the newbies a chance to try out their role-playing skills without the worry of criticism. Once they are used to the idea, it will give the rest of us an idea of who we'd like to join the rest or our games.

I admit, I've got an ulterior motive in this:
I have a side-character in Operation MAAS, and I'd love to get someone to take over his persona.
I'm looking for someone who can play him, assuming that nobody else in O.MAAS disagrees with a new player.

Anyway, all newbies are welcome to join in. This is going to be a free-for-all RPG.
Rules:
No canon characters (actual original Animorphs)
No God-modding (if you don't get it, just ask me)
No sex or heavy cursing
Be polite to the other players
All comments outside the story go in (parentheses)
Use <these symbols> for thought-speak, or use ((double-parentheses)) if you don't have <> on your keyboard.
Post a profile (description of your character) once you decide to join.
We'll get the action going once we have at least four people (besides me).
I'll post a profile and a setting after I have an idea about the personalities of the people involved.
Unless you are a Chee, please keep your characters younger than 25.
Thanks and have fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How about this for a profile format:

Name
Physical Description
Morphs
Personality
History (doesn't need to be uber-elaborate, but give us some back-story)
Current Occupation

Operation MAAS gave me this idea.
The plot that we'll be going with: Twenty years have passed since the war of Invasion.
Virtually everyone that matters can morph, including every criminal worth the title.
Small vigilante groups have assembled to combat the menace of morph-capable villains.
This is one of those groups.
---
Whammyman:
Name: Richard (Rick for short) Marshall
Species: Human/ Homo sapien
Physical Description: Around 5’ 9” tall (add an inch or two for he isn’t slouching) and average build. His dirty blonde hair is cut short though looks slightly messy as he doesn’t bother combing it. Eyes are a blue color, but due to being nearsighted wears a pair of bronze colored thin-wired glasses. Tends to wear simple t-shirts with blue jeans.

Morphs: None yet

Personality: Rick lacks most of the social graces of an average teenager. He tends to speak without thinking about how others will react. He also tends to lose track of his own thoughts at time and can act a bit random. Is intelligent but tends to make people forget that with the other parts of his personality.

History: Rick comes from a relatively normal family. Both of his parents work outside of the home, and his little sister annoys the heck out of him. School is doing well for him, as he tends to do very well in it. Still, the average life seems a bit dull for him. Being born four years after the Yeerk invasion and its subsequent events, he wished he could have been there and fought back. He wants to take up fighting morphing villains to escape the mundane, though he wants to do it secretly as he doesn’t want to worry his parents as well as the fear of them preventing him from doing so.

Current Occupation: High School Student
----
Estelore:
Anyone else who wishes to join may do so, following the basic example set by Whammyman.
Note: I would PREFER that all characters be 25 or younger, for purposes of continuity. Anyone actually alive during the first Invasion was not old enough to remember it well, but they can have family killed in the Invasion.
Also, nobody knows ANY of the original Animorphs in person. Please don't write a Mary-Sue character.

Name:Aisli Brigid Cambeal (Pronounced Ash-lee bri-Geed Cam-bell, although Americans nearly always call her Ace-lee Bri-jid Cam-beel); she is nicknamed Ais (pronounced Ace or Ash, depending on how much you know about Celtic names).
Species: Human
Physical Description: She is 5' short, with a slightly athletic build and the natural stamina and endurance of a Scotland native. She hates hot weather, but she can't escape the climate, so she spends a lot of time indoors. Ais is pale-skinned and blue-grey-eyed, with long, wavy, brown-black hair.
Morphs: grey house-cat
Personality: Aisli is extremely intelligent, with a no-nonsense attitude about life in general. She doesn't tolerate the presence of idiots, but she is patient with someone who genuinely doesn't understand something. A straight-A student, she is very focused on her education. She has the makings of a natural leader, but she prefers to let someone else make the final decision on important matters, so that she is not accountable for poor choices. More than anything, she is a plotter and a planner.
History: Shortly after she turned 10, her family moved from Scotland to America, hoping to benefit from the economic boost that resulted from America's trade with the Andalite world. Her parents separated when she was twelve, and she now lives with her mother and her twin brother, Alistair. Her father is quite wealthy, and his only contact with her are the expensive birthday presents that he sends to her. The most recent gift was a morphing cube, but she hasn't used it much.
Current Occupation: High school student

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 12:53:11 PM »
Elfangor1991:
Name- Chase
Age-17
Species (you can be alien, if you like)-Human
Physical Description- Tall brown hair blue eyes slim and deceptively strong (AMAZING dress sense) lol
Morphs- Cat, Dog, Seagull, Sparrow, Red-tailed hawk, ferret, fly, bee, snake, lion, tiger, duck, Dolphin, horse, sheep, wolf, elephant and monkey
Personality - Rachel like and uber hyper, always raring to go and never turns down a challenge
History - Despite strict laws agains it the second I turned 13 and got the morphing power i went around aquiring everything. I went to zoos swam with dolphins and since my cousin works at a circus I had easy access to stronger beasts.
Current Occupation- Student
----
Toomin:
Name: Norin Radd
Race: Chee
Backround: Close friends with Erek King and was the Chee that covered for Marco during several missions. Curious and comedic he often volunteered to cover for Marco as he felt they had a shared personality. Despite having the tremendous knowledge and experience of a Chee he is often seen as less mature than his counterparts. Although Chee have become public since the end of the war, Norin often still disguises himself as another species, notably Hork-Bajir as he enjoys fooling people into believing he is a Seer.
----
Shanker:
Name- Bill Fate
Age- 21
Species- Human
Physical Description- 6 ft. 4, dark hair, average build
Morphs- Hork-Bajir, Taxxon, Andalite, Human (Identical Twin Brother, and 20 year old girlfriend), Bald Eagle, Bengal Tiger, German Sheppard
History - his girlfriend was killed by a morph capable criminal when she was 20, in order to preserve her memory, he acquired her (with her dying permission of course) and vowed revenge on the morph-able criminals. Often morphs his identical twin brother in order to make it appear as if he can heal wounds instantly
Personality- Serious, somber, dark, bruty
Current Occupation- Training to be a Police Officer
(Footnote: Shanker left the RPG, but I'm leaving him the option of returning, if he wants it.)
----
Estelore:
By the way, it is okay to post 1st OR 3rd person, but try to stay consistent with your own style. If you're going to change, make a note of it. Also, I'm going to say that our setting is Los Angeles, California. "I" live in a suburb of L.A., and our school is in the same general area. Let's try to make this flow smoothly, like a story being spoken aloud.
Now, let's get this ball rolling!
-----

Everything would have been fine, if we'd just stayed in Denver, like Mom had promised.
So, as Murphy's Law dictates, we simply HAD to move to L.A. in the middle of the school year.
It was bad enough, being the only girl in my high school with a foreign accent, which even my twin brother had shed. Colorado at least had a decent climate, but NOooo. We had to move to California.
I was already well on my way to the sunburn of the century.

It was my first day of school in Jake Berenson Consolidated High School, district 1251. I ignored the startled glances of the tall, blonde, nauseatingly perfect people that surrounded me, and I strode confidently into my first-hour class. Calculus. Yippee.
Don't get me wrong, I was good at calculus. That didn't mean that I liked it, though.
Nobody would blame me for groaning, I think...well...Alis tair would blame me. He always said that I took myself and my grades so seriously, I didn't have enough room in my mind to take anyone else seriously.
Brothers.
I took the only remaining desk, one row from the back of the room. By the looks of things, the room was divided into two segments, with the desks on one side facing the desks on the other side, and the teacher's desk in the middle. Too Many Students.
I looked down at my textbooks, and I felt that I was being watched. I glanced up to find a round, pale face staring back at me from across the room. I couldn't make out the features, except for the bright, clever eyes, which looked oddly familiar.
The face...a girl, I thought...was frowning at me, with one eyebrow raised in defiance.
I looked back, meeting her challenge.
Neither of us broke the stare, so I smiled a little bit to ease the tension.
At the same time, the corners of the girl's mouth quirked up, just a little bit. I couldn't tell if she was pretty, but she looked far too fierce, and too clever by half, as my brother would say.
Her eyes looked sad, tired, and terribly lonely.
Unable to hold that heartbreaking stare, I glanced down at my hands.
I picked up my pencil, immediately sensing movement from the girl.
She was holding a pencil, just like me.
I suddenly noticed what she was wearing.
I green t-shirt, just like me. Over that, a grey jacket, just like me.
I suddenly realised why her eyes seemed so familiar, and why the classroom seemed so terribly crowded.
The girl with the lonely, ferocious eyes was ME.

What kind of IDIOT puts a MIRROR in a classroom?

I didn't want to be there, so it was only natural that Murphy and his laws would contrive to make my day even more unbearable.
"Hey, are you that new girl? What's yer name?" A kid with dirty blonde hair asked me, startling me from my brooding.
"My name is Aisli Cambeal."
"Cool." He turned away, talking to the person next to him. I could hear him mumbling to her, as the teacher started taking roll.
"That's the new girl. Says her name is Ashley Campbell."
I could tell instantly that I would have to spell my name out forevermore, if I wanted it right in our yearbook.
Another kid saw my name written at the top of my notebook.
"Ayz-lee? Ace-lee?"
"Aisli. It's prounounced Ash-lee. It's Scottish. I'm Scottish."
"Oh. Cool." He turned his attention to the teacher.
In Scotland, everyone understood my name.
Groan.

This line of conversation continued for the rest of the morning, starting anew every time someone heard my accent or saw my written name.
Then, the bell rang for lunch, and everything changed.
In the flurry of activity, I managed to find my way to the cafeteria, at the worst possible moment.

CRASH!!!
The huge windows in the cafeteria's south wall exploded into a thousand shards as a RHINOCEROS, of all things, charged through it.
The rhino was followed by a fat, bald man in gym shorts.
"Ramirez, if you do not DEMORPH THIS INSTANT, you'll be suspended until your grandkids graduate from HARVARD, which doesn't seem to be in the probable future! This is NOT FUNNY!"

I turned to the kids next to me.
"Who is that? Is that someone in morph?"

A brown-haired boy pointed to my arm.
"You're bleeding."

He had understated the situation.
A six-inch piece of glass was sticking out of my wrist, and the cut was gushing blood.

"Can you morph, Ace-lee?"
I nodded blindly, and the world started tilting around me. I couldn't breathe properly.

"Morph and heal the cut! Hurry!"
I couldn't understand why, of all things, this boy was telling me to morph. How could THAT help me?
Of course, if I'd been thinking clearly and practicing my morphs like Alistair had...well, things might have gone differently.

The last words I heard before I passed out were,
"Call 911! Somebody get this girl an ambulance!"

Then everything went dark, and I distantly felt a sensation of moving very quickly.

I woke up in a hospital room, surrounded by five or six people that I didn't know.
I recognized my brother, when he walked in, as well as the kid who had asked if I morphed and the one who had called me Ashley.

It was time to get some answers.
"What happened?"

----
(I'm going to assume that at least two of you are there in the hospital with me. You don't have to be the ones that I mentioned specifically, so this isn't actually God-modding.)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »
Whammyman:
So far today had been an average day.In calculus there was a new girl named Ashley, or however you pronounced her name. Said something about her being Scottish. I thought it a bit weird that someone would transfer in the middle of the school year, but who was I to question her parent's motives.

Biology went by without a hitch, but then again how could someone mess up a lecture on genetics. At first I was hoping the teacher would have mentioned something about the Andalite morphing technology, but instead he drove on and on about Punnet Squares and what not.

Lacking any interest in that I sat daydreaming about morphing into a bird and just flying out of there. Sadly I didn't have the ability to morph as my parents were always a little scared of the technology. I guess it was understandable considering the war with the Yeerks and all. Still, I was hoping one of these days I could get my hands on one of those cubes and gain that power.

My dream was broken up by the familiar ringing of the bell, and I quickly grabbed my stuff together and headed out. I stopped by locker real quick to drop my stuff off, and I headed down to the cafeteria. I was in line when Ramirez came crashing through the glass as a rhinocerous.

Great, what is that idiot up to now? I thought as I shielded myself with my tray.

By the time I put it down I could see that new girl was bleeding pretty badly. Someone called an ambulance, and by the time they arrived she had passed out. I helped with getting her to the ambulance and decided to stay with her to the hospital. Being new she probably didn't know to many people, and she would need some friends after a first day like this. Besides, I needed to know how to pronounce her name (small things like that bother me for some reason).

When I finally arrived there were several others there, one who I assumed was her brother. I had been there only a few minutes when she finally woke up.

"Well, uh, a kid named Ramirez came crashing through the cafeteria as a rhino, you got cut up pretty bad, and now your here in the hospital. I think that covers it pretty well. The names Richard by the way, but I'm fine with Rick."
---
Shanker:
"You ready?" Sam asked, preparing to run.
I gave her a slight smile and waited for the gunshot. BANG. We were off. We ran a kilometer and a half for the first part of the test. I managed to get it done in 4 and a half minutes, first in the class.

I huffed and puffed at the finish line and waited for the rest of the class to finish. "Well done class!" Sgt. Sol shouted, "We will now move on to the obstacle course!" The class made their way over to the first part of the course. BANG! We were off again. I was still a little tired from the first run but still managed to make record time in the obstacle course.

"Good job guys!" the Sgt. said again, "Now we move onto the last part of the test, the shooting range." The class headed over to the range and we were called out one at a time to take the test. Sam was called first, after 10 minutes she came back smiling, she must have done well the next 7 people went out, some came back smiling, some were not.

"William Fate," the Sgt called. I got up and pulled out my gun. When I entered the range I looked around the mock streets and buildings made out of cardboard. I knew the rules, hit any pop out person with a gun, except for fellow cops, and avoid hitting the citizens. POP! A burgler, I hit him between the eyes. POP! A mugger, I hit him in the heart. POP! A elderly man, I hit him in the shoulder.

"Damn" I muttered as the bell rang, signifying my failure. "William, what happened? You were doing so well," the Sgt. asked when I walked out of the range.

"I choked," I replied, and walked toward my locker.
---
Elfangor:
"WOO!
Today for you, tomorrow for me
Today for you to morrow for me
I said today for you tomorrow for me
Today for you tomorroooooooooow
FOR ME!"

I ignored the stares, infact I loved them. Hey my names Chase and face facts I'm not normal. Not in an abnormal way you understand I just...well im a little more outgoing than most.

I danced my way to calculus and sat behind this new girl. Was bout to say hi but Graeme started talking to me. God I know to many people.

Anyway come lunch (my favourite subject a chance for everyone to watch me) i was practically being dragged off the table.

And then came the rhino woo that was fun the way the glass shattered and such god it was amazing it was all like CRASH!!!!! and i was all like woahhh

But then that new girl got hurt and I didnt want to be so forward as to just follow in the the ambulance, well at least not like me. I knew there was something special about her but I'd have to check her out before I asked her to join the......but Im not gonna tell you that bit

So I morphed fly and hitched a ride. You have no idea how bright those ambulance lights are until ur sitting on them. Every 2 hours I demorphed in the bathroom waiting for her to wake up but it took FOREVER anyway when she did wake up and she knew what was happening the wierdest thing happened. She looked right at me as if sensing that I wasn't actually a fly. Wierd. Anyway maybe tomorrow I'll ask her.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 12:56:54 PM »
Toomin:It was a beautiful day and I was feeling quite proud of myself. As much as I love humans some of their habits I simply can not accept. They have facilities called "Dog Pounds". Even the name is horrendous. They are structures created specifically to capture, imprison, and even kill free dogs. Attrocious! Hence, I made it a habit to regularly release them from their dungeons. A simple task even despite the recent leaps in technology they have made thanks to the Andalites.

Hoping to lighten the mood I headed over to one of the local schools. Children always brightened my day. Had Elfangor entrusted adults with the morphing technology Earth would have been doomed. The purity of heart present in those children are what saved this planet. "Respect your elders" is a twisted morale. People should respect the young.

Strolling casually by I noticed there seemed to be a morph training class going on the outside region of the school. When I noticed they were practicing Rhinocerous morphs, a smile steadily grew across my holographic face.

"Remember class, every animal has different instincts and each person will react differently to those instincts. For this exercise we will have you morph one at a time. The rhinocerous is a very territorial and aggressive animal and the instincts would be much more difficult to control with multiple rhinos present. Ramirez, you're up first. Everyone else please stand behind the safe zone." announced the instructor.

I saw the transformation progress slowly and spuradiclly. The morphing technology was still so sloppy. Disgusting at best. The Chee could have developed it far safer and more efficient but alas, the morphing technology is essentially a weapon and therefore untouchable by our android hands.

Just as the boy was completing his morph I walked casually in to the area and put up a hologram of another rhino. Vicious and tempermental. I could barely contain my excitement.

"What?! Where did that other rhino come from?! I told everyone to stay back! This excercise requires ONE morpher at a time!"

The newly morphed Ramirez turned quickly. His gaze intense and frightening. It seemed Ramirez was able to fight off the instinct for about 2 seconds then started off into a full charge right at me.

I trotted quickly out of the way to notice Ramirez not only had poor instinct control, but horrible coordination. He sped past me and physics did the rest. An object that is in motion will remain in motion until acted upon by another force. That force, in this case, was the outside wall of the school.

Astonished at the mayhem I heard a boy cry out, "You're bleeding!"

If I had a heart it would have stopped. It was never my intention to have the student run into the wall, let alone hurt someone. With lightning speed I ran to the entrance of the large facility and put up a hologram of an adult in the faculty's school uniform then rushed to the injured female. I cleaned the wound then kept it covered as I dialed for the paramedics. She had passed out from the blood loss but her pulse was steady and her breath normal. In my guilt I snuck aboard the ambulance and came to the girl's side as a nurse once we arrived at the hospital.
---
Estelore:
So, I hadn't hallucinated the whole thing. Huh.

"Thanks, Rick. Is it normal for everyone around here to have the morphing ability? Where I used to live, only a few kids in the entire school had access to it. Alistair and I were among the 'lucky few' with a parent rich enough to buy an Escafil Device, and he's used it a lot more than I have."

Alistair smiled quietly and sat down in the chair next to my bed. He leaned over and whispered in my ear.
"New home, new rules, Ais."

"Yeah?" I whispered back, "Well, it'd be nice if somebody would actually tell me what those rules ARE."

Alistair leaned back in his seat, and everyone looked at us a bit oddly.
"Twins." Alistair summed up the entire story with one word, something that I could never have done.
Everyone nodded in understanding, and I could practically feel the mental "of course" rolling through the room.
"He got the looks, and I have all the brains." I elaborated, elbowing Alistair lightly. He shoved back playfully, as the people chuckled.
They weren't laughing because it was funny, rather it was because it was true.
Alistair was drop-dead-gorgeous, tall and stunning, but he was a C-student at best.
I, on the other hand, was the 'brilliant, high-potential, wunderkind' of the family, but I was little more than pretty.
Next to Alistair, I was a fly on the wall of life, and that was fine with me.
I didn't need attention the way he did.
A fly on the wall...there was a FLY on the WALL...and I was getting a funny feeling about it, like it was watching me.
Alistair caught on to my goose-bumpy shiver.
"All-righty, people, the show's over. Anyone who wants to see my sister has to come one and two at a time. Ais, do you want anyone to stay here with you?"
"I'll be fine, Al. Go get some rest."
My brother had dark circles under his eyes, proving that he had sat beside me since we got to the hospital.
He nodded and walked out, along with most of the crowd. A few people, a mixture of familiar and strange faces, lingered after he left.
"So...what's up?"
---
Whammyman:
I just stood bye as the new girl's brother worked on comforting her. Iwas off in his own little dream land, caused by her mentioning of a "Escafil Device." Just what I had been looking for, as I knew full well that it was those devices that were responsible for giving people the morphing power.

All I have to do is be her friend and maybe she'll be kind enough to let me use the device. That sounds bit mean though, but then again it could be my only shot.

I was knocked out of my little mental battle by her brother leaving.

"So...what's up?" She asked. Unless someone here was willing to take the initiative I decided to try to help explain.

"Nothing really. Sorry for such the rough first day. Our school has some classes for people morphing so I'm guessing Ramirez had lost control of the instincts and charged. Not everyone has the morphing though. Some can't afford it, some don't really care, and others have parent's that are a bit freaked out about it and don't let them use it."

He sounded a little bit bitter on the last bit, considering that was his own situation, but his voiced was more cheerful as he continued talking.

"So then, mind telling us how to pronounce your name? I have a feeling I messed it up in Calculus." 

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 01:04:04 PM »
Estelore:
I couldn't help chuckling, but it WAS very nice to find someone who cared about names.

"My name is Aisli, pronounced like Ashley, but with a broader A-sound and a shorter Ee. It is spelled A-i-s-l-i. You can call me Ais. Thanks for explaining everything to me. You said your name is Rich, right? Can you morph? I can, but I've only ever morphed my cat. Alistair, my brother, uses his morphs a lot more than I do. I never seem to have time for it."

This Rich seemed like a really nice guy, and I didn't feel like going back to sleep just yet. Maybe he would be willing to help me get acclimated to this new town, if I was nice to him.
---
Elfangor:
Ok what did her brother say? ok he's leaving ok ok right theres a few people left but one of them was definately an unchang and the others seem cool enough. Right lets show these people just how to morph

I jumped back as hard as I could and focused I had to do this just right or it would look a mess. Luckely I've pracised alot. Trust me I mean ALOT

ok ok Jump and control it control your weight and yes yes

<Yeeeeeeeeeeee.....>

"eehaaaaa!"

"hey y'all! mind me dropping in? I'm chase  how y'all doin?"
---
Toomin:
It seemed it would take a little longer than I expected to give my apologies to the girl. Apparently, she was popular. I had my hologram "walk" out of the room and I sat patiently in the corner taking the place of a non-descript plant. I had nowhere to be and living for thousands of years grants you a certain level of patience.

Suddenly, I heard a frantic thought speech, <Hey y'all! mind me dropping in? I'm chase how y'all doin?>

I slapped my hand against my forehead, a sign that I was assimilated by humans a long time ago. Such a childish mistake. I didn't scan the room for any morphed persons before coming in and now I may likely get caught. Many insects, with their compound eyes, can see past my holograms.
---
Whammyman:
"Nice to meet you Ace, Ash,Ais.Okay, that might take awhile to pronounce correctly. Anyways, no problem. Least I can do after getting your name wrong. Plus, I do kind of have to show you our town isn't just a place with out of control morphers."

When she asked me if I had the ability to morph I was going to say no, but we were interupted by the demorphing of one of the kids from school.

"Like him." I said, grumbling under my breath. Personally, I thought it was just plain rude what he did, but for all I knew Ais could know him. And I wasn't going to say anything till I knew if he was wanted here or not.
---
Estelore:
It was disgusting, to say the least, to watch a kid grow out of a fly. Euuughhh.
I managed to maintain a fairly composed facial expression, despite this startling new development.
"So...Chase, is it? What exactly are you doing here?Rich, do you know this clown?"
I stared quizzically at the kid as he dusted himself off.
---
Elfangor:
"Actually ladles and jellyspoons none of you know me......yet"

I surveyed my audiance. God I loved this. The suspense. The fact you know everyone is watching you even that....thingi dont know what it is all i know is its not human. Im not speciest just....i dunno its made of metal and ivory and I dont know if its a dude or a dudette

anyway

"well guys and dolls I've been watchin...well...MO ST of you for sometime and i think we might just have our group."

I grinned at the puzzled faces loving every minute of it
---
Estelore:
"Please, boy, speak English. I'm not so weak that I cen't git oop and keeck yer arse all the wey bick te Glasgow."
I accidentally lapsed back into my 'native' speech, which was never more than one temper tantrum away from turning into a full Gaelic tirade.
A couple of the people nearest me seemed a bit startled, but it could have been the entrance of fly-boy that caused it.
---
Elfangor:
"Ok then my scottish mate I shall fill you all in"

Dramatic pause. Babum. Babum. Babum.

"Well as you all know 23 years ago a legendary Andalite called Elfangor crashed into a construction site and gave 5 kids (much like ourselves) the power to morph. They then fought a valiant battle for 3 years against the yeerks. There were victories and there were tragidies. Some people they lost some people they saved. But there are some small groups of yeerks still out there using portable Kandronas and there are even scarier morph capable crooks. Now the government denies most of these but we all know the truth and I say we fight. We shall become the next generation. Animorphs 2.0."

I looked around at they're stunned faces and the "plant" in the corner.

"So...what'd'ya say?"
---
Estelore:
"Ye-aaah...what? Are you crazy or something?"
This kid was obviously one of those fanatical loons that my pop always warned me about.
I wondered if I would need to send him another derisive look.
---
Whammyman:
I didn't bother to speak up as the fly-boy started talking. I just nodded a no when Ais asked if I knew the guy. This didn't look like it was going to end well, though I had to laugh a little when she started talking in a Scottish accent. I'll never understand why I just can't take that accent seriously. Maybe I just watched to many comedies with a person with such an accent.

My train of thought shifted when Chase started talking about the Invasion. Everybody knew about it of course, but the last little bit was of interest. An Animorphs 2.0? Interesting, but if this guy was going to be behind it then I say no thanks.

"Okay Chase, I think you should probably leave. Neither of us is interested in your little scheme. Besides, I don't think your supposed to be in here anyways."
---
Elfangor:
"Ok OK guys just hear me out ok?"

I looked around this isn't what was supposed to happen

"Ok if you don't believe me I can prove it ok? First of all that plant in the corner ISNT a plant ok?" I turned to the "plant" "why don't you just show everybody?"

I didn't wait before i continued

"ok so have a look around....EVERYONES morph capable. Well almost everyone it depends on choice but everyone has access yeah? If we kids have access why wouldnt criminals I mean a kid could grow up a criminal and there we go he or she'd have the morphing power and the police try but you know as well as i do that there are restrictions on police morphing as there is on ours but all these people get away. Think of the people who's family have been hurt by morph capables? Don't they deserve justice?
AND more to the point there are still yeerks out there. I've seen them and I know at least 3 of them are nurses here. Think about it the first animorphs. Jake Cassie St. Rachel Tobias Marco and later the War Prince Aximilli. They were'nt much older than us when they were fighting. Possibly even younger. We know these things are going on and we have to stop it. The government are too focused on the other species to make peace or over through dictatorships. But if underneith this the yeerks rise again what's going to happen? You know what they did on the Hork-Bajir home planet and what the almost did to Earth. Do you want that to happen again? Your parents? Your brothers and sisters? Your grand-parents? All being ripped apart by the very DNA that holds them together? It's not a question of do you want to fight. It's a question of how can you not?"

I looked around

"Now I know that I'm not stable enought to be a leader. I don't expect that and I know you don't know me. But the others didn't know Tobias did they? All I know is that this is going on and it's something we have to fight so please? Not for me but for the Earth."

My heart skipped a beat. A bead of sweat dropped down my forehead. "Please" i pleaded silently.
---
Estelore:
I was sill considering whether or not this kid was an absolute lunatic, but he DID have a point.
"Well, Chase...your words bear some consideration...but ...why US? Why ME? I only have one morph, and it's a CAT, for pity's sake. I'm not exactly the most skilled fighter around here, and it seems that our school actually TRAINS people to morph. Why not one of those with some real experience?"
---
Toomin:
And even despite calculating the odds that our new intruder had morphed an insect capable of seeing past my hologram at 26.47% it seems you can't always bet on statistics.

I dropped my hologram showing my hung head and waving hand like a punished child.

"I'm dreadfully sorry I was introduced as such but, I felt I owed you an apology. I was hoping I'd be able to do so in private after everyone left. It was indirectly my fault the boy broke through the wall and hurt you. I had only meant to startle him, perhaps for a laugh, but the situation escalated beyond my control. I am a Chee and programmed for non-violence, hence the thought that an innocent girl was harmed by my mischief does not sit well."

The discussion the young children were having peaked my interest but I dared not intrude. I had caused enough trouble already and I'd simply be invading their privacy further. I turned towards the door quietly and began to walk out.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 01:10:08 PM »
Estelore:
"Wait, please! What is your name? Thank you for your honesty, but I don't think that any one person could take all the blame for this. It was stupid of the school to have kids morphing rhinos without at LEAST an electric fence, for safety. I don't blame you. Please, stay and talk with us? You probably know a lot more about all this than anyone else here!"

I was curious about the Chee, as I'd never met one before. He seemed awfully nice, in a ridiculous sort of way.
---
Elfangor:
"Yes stay please. You have more knowledge than any of us as, from what ive heard from the stories, you've been around since before the pyramids. We need you too. I wasn't just talking to the, if you'll excuse the term, humans.
And why you? Well 1- Your new and have one morph, odds are you aren't a yeerk. Also your inexperienced. Thats a GOOD thing. You look at some of these people that have grown up morphing and they're used too it, like me, they get rekless (ooc: sorry I can't spell it :S) because they feel like they know everything there is to know. You're a fresh mind that'll rationalise things. PLUS you're not afraid of a fight as we learned earlier from your...delightful.. .threat.
2- Your brother (if he'll join us) has the experience that you lack. It's like ying and yang. It just works.
3- I don't know your name (ooc: obv just the character doesnt) but you're the kind one and sypathetic. You're like the great Cassie. You're the morals the consiance (oocnce again can't spell soz)

(That's all i can remember being in the room sorry if i missed anyone its nothing personal)

So guys what do y'all say?"
---
Toomin:
"Very well then." I answered simply to the request. I listened patiently as the boy continued. I was the first to speak up after he asked if we would join.

"What you're asking for seems like vigilante work. Superheroes. Although I am quite an enthusiast of such action and am also familiar with that sort of heroics, there are more risks invovled for you humans than there are for myself. I will gladly join you, but this lies as a much heavier decision on the shoulders of the others."

At that moment I was quite pleased to be an android. It allowed me to hide my emotions flawlessly. Had it not been for that fact I would have been bouncing off the walls like Daffy Duck. A chance to do what I've been doing already? But with human children? There was no question there. It took every effort not to blurt out, "Where do I sign?!"
---
Estelore:
I gave it five seconds of serious thought, which was three more than I needed.
"I'm in. I'll choose my own morphs from what it available, since I've seen what happens when you give the wrong morph to the wrong person." I gestured to my arm, covered in a three-inch-thick layer of gauze and adhesive.
"Oh, yes...by the way, my name is Ais, pronounced 'Ash', but I'll not strangle you for getting it wrong occasionally. I've learned to tolerate being called Ace, as long as it's an innocent mistake. Just remember, Chase, that our names DO NOT RHYME."
I turned to face the Chee.
"If I'm not incorrect, your people generally are against violence, but as I've heard it, you'd be more than capable of restraining and incapacitating ANYONE, without actually doing them harm. You'd be ideal as a member in this venture, for your knowlege and your physical prowess. What is your name, sir?"

(Elfangor, if you continue to mis-name me, I don't mind at all. Comic relief is nice. 'Okay, our names rhyme, I'll remember that'... or something to that effect, would be crack-up-funny over time. Do as you will. )
---
Toomin:
"Well, my original name is a mouthful but we Chee are already accustomed to be known by our human name. I no longer portray that human as the Chee have become public, but his name was Norin. Norin Radd." I said, answering the girl.

As I said this I put up the hologram that belonged to the young adult I used to pretend to be. A 21 year-old university student. He had long black hair with forming dreads and black plastic frame glasses. He was a slim fellow fitting a generic "art/music student" stereotype.

After my responce it seemed everyone's attention had turned to the last person in the room. The girl and I both accepted, but this boy had yet to say a word. 
---
Estelore:
"What do you say to all this, Rich? I rather like the idea."

I didn't know how my mild-mannered rescuer would feel about all this, but I hoped that he'd join us. In the short time that I'd known him, I'd grown to like his matter-of-fact behaviour.
---
Whammyman:
I stood silently as the three of them talked. I was a bit surprised at the sudden appearance of the Chee, android, whatever he was, but by this point I didn't really care. So far all of them were pumped for this vigilante group thing. I wasn't that different. I tried my best to hide my grin.

However, my good mood took a change for the worst when I remembered one simple fact; I couldn't morph. Without that I was kind of useless. Would they want me to be in this group if they knew that?

"Uh, yeah, I guess I'll join in." I said quietly and nervously.

Wonder how long I can get away without telling them?
---
Elfangor:
"Ok so by my count thats 3 for 3 and we can ask you're brother when you want. Right First off what i want to know is; "If you can morph why not just morph now and heal that?"

"Anyway i say as soon as possible we get to the zoo and aquire what we can.......wait first off, I know, especially in a town like this, some people can't morph so does anyone have an escalif device and can anyone not morph? We need to know this now."

"So Ace I guess it's up to you"
---
Estelore:
"Well, I have a portable Escafil Device, the newest model."
I pulled a necklace-type chain out of the collar of my blouse. A tiny blue box was attached to the end of it, and I tapped two of the sides in a pattern. Suddenly, the box absorbed the chain and expanded to five times its original size.
"Anyone need to use it now? I'll morph to heal, now that you've mentioned it, Chase."
I set the box on the end table next to me.
Thank Heavens the paramedics had had enough sense to leave my morphing suit on me, instead of putting me in a hospital gown.
I still couldn't morph proper clothes, and that could have been embarassing.
As quickly and smoothly as I could (which wasn't much at all), I morphed my cat, Sam. A few minutes later, I was a puff of distraught-looking gray fur.

<I'm a bit out of practice, as you can see.>
I started demorphing, and I eventually regained my original shape, with my arm fully healed.
---
Whammyman:
I watched as Ais took out an Escafil device. My hand was practically twitching as I held it back from touching it till she put it down. However, I stopped when she started morphing into her cat. Just looking at the process made me a bit reluctant.

No, no holding back. This is what you wanted to do all along and your going to do it.

"I'm going to need to use it. No one tell my parents though. They'd kill me if they ever found out."

Taking a deep breath I placed my hand on the cube. I felt a little shock, followed by a warm,comfortable feeling flowing through my arm. I was almost a bit sad when it ended, but once I took my hand off the cube I knew I had the power to morph.

"Alright then, now that Ase, I mean Ais is all fixed up, lets get a move on."

As I spoke there was an obvious mood shift as I struggled to hold back my excitement. At the moment I wasn't even thinking of the dangers of being a vigilante, but I didn't really care about them. I could morph, that was enough for me.
---

Okay, everyone! I have just condensed 4 pages into...2? Whew!
Welcome, everyone that joins us!
If you want to be a villain, please be somebody that won't get killed or imprisoned immediately. There's no fun in that, really.

Offline Toominator Z

• Divide by Zero
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 10:35:25 AM »
I found Richard's adventurous enthusiasm quite refreshing. Yet another reason to respect the young. Having lived with humans long enough though, I was fully aware that sort of attitude often obscured important tasks.

I turned to Richard and asked what I hoped to be wrong about, "Do you have any actual plan on how we are suppos.......?"

Just as I asked, my internal radio picked up a transmission from a near by police dispatcher. I played the feed aloud so the others could hear. "There's been a kidnapping reported from the Tobias Elementary School. The child is Darla Lexington, daughter of Yeerk equal rights attorney Charles Lexington."

"Well, there's a conflict of interest." I mused aloud.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:40:19 AM by Toominator »

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 10:42:25 AM »
"You want a plan? I can do plans. When I was eight I helped my parents plot out mine and my brother's entire education, including college, and which scholarships to apply. Planning works for me. So...let's get concrete-sequential, eh?
1. We (most of us) need morphs. I can only morph a CAT, for pity's sake, and Rich here has no morphs yet.
2. We have just learned about a crime that will demand morphing capability from each of us, excepting Norin Radd.
Thus, the first thing we need to do is obtain a ride to the nearest zoo. Do any of you have cars nearby? I came in the ambulance, and we can't exactly hijack THAT.
Wait! Chase, do you have any bird-of-prey morphs? Falcons, in particular, are designed to catch other birds. If you could bring down a pigeon or a gull without killing it, we could just fly out of here...but Norin would still have to travel by land. Hmmnn. Any ideas, folks?"