Author Topic: Morphing Vecols  (Read 4737 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: Morphing Vecols
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2011, 12:15:05 PM »
Well its probably listed in a specific medical term but for most people their the same thing
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2011, 02:28:51 PM »
Uhm...there's probably a proper explanation of the difference but like he said most people use the terms interchangeably. Although I tend to use them in reverse: I refer to a "sociopath" as somebody whose mental problems would alienate them from the rest of humanity (not necessarily criminal) and a "psychopath" as someone who's criminally insane in that manner. Yes, not all people with antisocial personality disorder are innately hostile. XP Just...really, exceptionally self-centered and obsessed with risky, stimulating endeavors.

You can use whatever system you want, naturally. :)

« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 02:31:09 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2011, 11:26:03 PM »
in response from the sociopath vs. psychopath - copied from answers.com:

There is some debate about whether there is a meaningful difference between sociopaths and psychopaths. The DSM IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual used by psychologists) lists both under the heading of Anti-social Personality Disorder, and there are different schools of thought on whether they should be treated as distinct. Psychopaths and sociopaths both apparently lack a conscience. Both will engage in behavior that harms others with no feeling of guilt or remorse, and rarely consider the risks to others implicit in their actions. They have an intellectual understanding of pro-social emotions, but seem to feel no emotional bonds with others. The result is that they can seem like perfectly decent and reasonable human beings in most situations, but can take bizarrely inappropriate actions to satisfy perceived insults, fantasies, or mere whims.
Those psychologists who make a distinction between the two usually do so on the basis of organization. Sociopaths are seen as disorganized and rash, making extreme responses to normal situations. They lack impulse control. Psychopaths, by contrast, are highly organized, often secretly planning out and fantasizing about their acts in great detail before actually committing them, and sometimes manipulating people around them.

Another view

Although the Psychological process of denial of Conscience within the MIND of a sociopath and a psychopath is the same dynamic [Esoteric processes], the particular Fate Karma of the individual determines which behavioral expression one engages in, and it is these behavioral expressions that modern mental health focus on and label as either sociopathic or psychopathic.

Of the more distinguishing traits, some argue the sociopath to be less organized in his or her demeanor, nervous and easily agitated - someone likely living on the fringes of society, without solid or consistent economic support. A sociopath is more likely to spontaneously act out in inappropriate ways without thinking through the consequences.

Conversely, some argue that the psychopath tends to be extremely organized, secretive and manipulative. The outer personality is often charismatic and charming, hiding the real person beneath. Though psychopaths do not feel for others, they can mimic behaviors that make them appear normal. Upon meeting, one would have more of a tendency to trust a psychopath than a sociopath.
cause of the organized personality of the psychopath, he or she might have a tendency to be better educated than the average sociopath, who probably lacks the attentive skills to excel in school. While psychopaths can fly under the radar of society, many maintaining families and steady work, a sociopath more often lacks the skills and drive for mimicking normal behavior, making "seemingly healthy" relationships and a stable home less likely. From a criminal standpoint, a sociopath's crimes are typically disorganized and spontaneous, while the psychopath's crimes are well planned out. For this reason, psychopaths are harder to catch than sociopaths, as the sociopath is more apt to leave ample evidence in his or her explosions of violence.

Simple Answer

A psychopath thinks 2+2=5 rather than 2+2=4. A sociopath knows 2+2=4, but hates to admit it.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2011, 11:58:14 PM »
     Aw man...It's 1:00 am...I'm not gonna read all that now :P
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline ko ko

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • caffeine fiend
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2011, 11:59:41 PM »
lol, read like the last sentence of the quote then

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 12:09:59 AM »
     Ah.

Well, +1 Karma for you, for finding that :)
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2011, 02:19:27 PM »
The way I've always seen it, which is not 100% in line with scientific opionion, is that a sociopath has an issue with lack of emotion.  They may do things we consider bad or even evil, but it is due to lack of caring or understanding.  A psycopath on the other hand, is well aware of how "normal" people think and feel, and delights in exploiting that to cause pain.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2011, 02:23:59 PM »
Unless you consider them to be the same thing, the latter person you are describing is a sadist, not a psychopath.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2011, 02:26:50 PM »
Unless you consider them to be the same thing, the latter person you are describing is a sadist, not a psychopath.

I consider sadist to be a description of actions, whereas psycopath is a description of a state of mind.  It's not all that relevant as I am not a psychologist I do not need the terms in the real world, and when describing books the DnD spectrum of Lawful/Chaotic and Good/Evil is far more useful than real world terms.

Offline aligator359

• Animorphs rule! :D
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2011, 02:36:54 PM »
< you r so right! Ihadn't thought of that. So if they morph an animal with a diability its had since birth, they would also have that disability! right?>
&peace :D

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2015, 02:09:17 AM »
If a person is disabled due to an injury, I assumed that the morphed version would lack that disability.  IIRC, Tobias morphed Taylor (a girl maimed in an accident), and the morphed version was uninjured (book 43).