Author Topic: Faded Pages OOC  (Read 21407 times)

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Faded Pages OOC
« on: August 15, 2015, 09:30:39 PM »
Hey, everyone ^_^ This is going to be a bit of an RP experiment. Essentially, this is intended to form the basis for a number of small, one-off RPs, mostly as a haven for we GESB RPers remaining, but anyone else is certainly welcome.

I'm hoping this can be our quick-and-dirty RP fare while we're between major roleplays. The idea is that each page in this book is a different world, a different moment in time. If one of them starts to feel boring or stagnant or someone simply comes up with a better idea, we can turn the page and start something new (or, I suppose, turn back to an enjoyable previous page). We'll likely sacrifice some of our traditional character development for a bit of flexibility.

These mini-RPs can be continued here, or between our members in non-RAF contexts at will.

I'm placing this in the Animorphs board with the idea that most of these worlds will be related to Animorphs, however loosely. A few rules are being carried over from the GESB:

-Please try to post in the third person narrative.
-We really, REALLY appreciate decent grammar, spelling, and punctuation along with respectable post length...this includes complete thoughts and sentences.
-PLEASE make the effort to read previous posts that pertain to your characters actions, it helps avoid confusion.-Limit OOC conversations to OOC thread, please!

With these added new rules:

-Pages should only be turned by consensus, and the start of each new page should be clearly marked, so that anyone jumping into the thread can find the beginning of the page easily
-Each world's rules must be obeyed; some worlds may have additional rules specified

Beyond that, I'm lifting most of the restrictions on characters and interactions we've traditionally had. I'm hoping for sort of a NaNoWriMo approach to roleplaying here-- if you read the thread, post something, even if it's just something short. This thread will be more about quantity and experimentation than about any long-term benefits.

Want to use canon characters? Crossovers between worlds? Crossovers between fandoms? Alternate versions of your characters? The SAME versions of your characters? Anything you want to do? Go for it! This should be fun, and a great chance for us to grow as RPers.

Current Page: The Grained

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:37:34 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
Re: Faded Pages OOC
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 09:31:52 PM »
First world is a bit of a twist on the zombie apocalypse with Animorphs flavor thrown in for flair. I'm not building the world beyond what it is in that first post, except as necessary, so y'all are welcome and even encouraged to add to it ^_^

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 09:44:28 PM »
This looks good so far. I'll post something tomorrow, since it's kind of late right now.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 10:45:02 PM »
Neat ^_^ He'll be a fun character to have in a zombie wasteland, Chad.

I'm not saying much in my post, hoping Shen or Luke will jump in with a response. I'll bug them if we don't see them fairly soon.

Salem's Story

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 01:22:53 AM »
Sooo....I have this idea...maybe it's not in the spirit of the RP, so feel free to shoot it down.  You guys know my feelings on character development...so my thought was to have a sort of quantum leap thing going on.  I could create a single character who travels through the worlds of The Book...he looks very much the same in each reality, but part of the "magic" or "technology" that allows him to travel the pages also gives him a suitable "disguise" for each page.  His hair color, eye color, height, weight, musculature...etc would stay the same but his clothing, hairstyle, etc would change per the Page.  You also know my feelings regarding katana....so he'd always have one of those, but his projectile weapon would change also to fit the style of each Page.  The Katana would act as a sort of...unifier.  Perhaps that is the item that allows him to travel the Pages and outfits him to fit in with new Pages as they turn.

Does he travel the pages to learn?  Does he join with each reality to fix something?  Perhaps he's trapped and trying to find a way out?  This is a very fledgeling idea, so I haven't really filled it out.  I'd want to know if such a thing would be proper for the RP in your eyes, Scott.  If not, that's fine.  I just don't want to invest a bunch of time into something that ultimately wouldn't work with the vision/spirit.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 08:24:27 AM »
Neat ^_^ He'll be a fun character to have in a zombie wasteland, Chad.

I'm not saying much in my post, hoping Shen or Luke will jump in with a response. I'll bug them if we don't see them fairly soon.

Yeah, basically a mercenary that is a nice guy, but tries his best to look scary to outsiders. Not that he can't also kick your head in if need be, but if he can make you hesitate with his appearance, that's good enough for him.

It's not my RP, Luke, but if you don't want to use a new character every time, that's probably the way to go. I also like the idea that the katana is his means to travel between pages, because if he's always going to have a certain item it might as well tie in to his special ability.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:28:07 AM by Chad32 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 11:24:24 AM »
Luke, that actually sounds amazing, and very 'you.' I say go for it, and Iook forward to seeing what you do with it ^_^

Salem's Story

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 05:41:28 PM »
Okay, I've drawn up a quick little ref sheet for "Chase."  I figured I might post it here, even though we're doing quick, ephemeral characters...becaus e Chase is a character playing a character...his actual story and abilities might not come out much in natural RP...so I figured...why not.

Name:  Chaser (Chase) Geoffreys

Species:  ?  (Appears Human)

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 165 lbs

Hair: Dirty Blonde

Eyes:  Slate Grey

Build:  Toned, Athletic

Skills:  Marksman, Martial Artist, Master Swordsman

Equipment:  One Katana called "The Calligrapher."
      One belt-storage unit called "The Library."
      One ranged weapon called "Roullette."
      One scroll called "Truth."

Personality:  A loner by his the very nature of his situation, Chase became trapped within the Book long ago.  He was once a scholar and perhaps he still is, but his singular goal since he became trapped within the Book has been to search out the fragments of truth hidden within each Page.  If successful, his scroll will end up containing the ultimate truth of existence, and thereby show him the way out.  Chase has learned to not become attached...these people and places didn't really exist, they were mere possibilities in a realm of many.  Oh, they were real enough within the Page, and the roles drawn upon him by the Calligrapher drastically alter his personality for the time during which they apply...but underneath it all, Chase attempts to maintain a cold detachment.

Supernatural Abilities: 
   Flip:  This is one of the abilities granted to Chase by the Calligrapher.  It allows him to cut a    portal in the current page to hop to the next.

Mirage:  This ability is not voluntary.  Upon entering a new Page, Calligrapher draws a    character onto Chase.  This changes his clothing, wraps, hairstyle, and even the way the    Library and the Calligrapher look (though their nature is not altered).  This ability also alters    the weapon "Roullette" to fit the Page's reality.  Chase's personality is also modified by    this ability, so that he may better fill the role drawn upon him.

Chameleon:  This ability is also involuntary, and refers to the way that Mirage alters    Roulette.  Roulette, while always a projectile weapon, can change to any weapon that fits    the current Page be it an energy weapon, a gas-explosion weapon, a crossbow, etc.  Once    its form is determined, Roulette will not change again until the next Flip.

Scry:  This ability relates to the scroll, "Truth."  When Chase reads the scroll, it will tell him    vital information for retreiving the Truth Fragment within a given Page.

Catalogue:  This ability relates to the Library belt-storage unit.  The Library keeps all things    within it from altering, changing, or vanishing during a Flip.  It is also capable of holding    much more than it seems.  Chase keeps "Truth" in the Library for safe-keeping, and only he    can withdraw items which he places into it.  However, the Library can only store items    which are not a part of the fabric of the current Page.

Scholar's Eye:  This ability is also granted by the Calligrapher.  It passively allows Chase to    instantly pick out any objects which are not a part of the current Page's fabric.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 12:52:40 PM »
Oh, I like ^_^ It sounds like he can lead to all kinds of fun scenarios. It'll be really interesting to see a character who can jump pages at will.

I'm leaving room just in case Shen sees this and wants to jump in for the dude in the back of the Jeep.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:57:37 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 04:23:43 PM »
Maybe Shen will see it, and play the client. *wink wink*

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 02:59:40 PM »
Scott must be having a busy weekend.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 03:01:35 PM »
Probably.

Why the bugfighter, Luke? I can has no rocket launcher.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 03:09:08 PM »
idk...thought it'd be interesting.  You guys can just have it fly away and have the whole thing be a big coincidence.  Basically just trying to find a reason why my guy would approach yours.  I won't be offended if you decide to just get rid of it and have the whole thing be a false alarm.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 04:30:18 PM »
Nah, it's no biggie. :)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 04:42:53 PM »
Haha. Luke, if you hadn't posted some chaos right then, my next post was going to do something similar.

I'll post soon. Busy weekend.

Salem's Story